Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Another evening of NOT getting Junith or Treasury, im kinda getting fed up with the league.
Missing 3 achievements for the portal effect out of

Chests
Guardians
Enchantments
Trinkets
ID T1 uniques
Vaal Temple
Zana level 8

Those two plus trinkets seemed like the most reasonable ones.
I have never gotten zana to 8, and will not get to this in this league either, 4 T1 uniques challenge means 8 ex minimum, cant afford at this time.
Enchantment-challenge is retarded lottery, so thats out of question too.
Vaal Temple is 2 Ex, thats ok. Still leaves 2 though, one of which will likely be trinkets if the last one i need spawns.
Leaves one more, so im still stuck with getting lucky on Treasury or Junith in the end.

I have found 3 treasuries since reading your post and you are never on. I am currently holding an instance with one if you're around

e: treasury gone

You can probably buy a spot in a Vaal Temple for around 20c rather then the entire map.

Nezkar fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Apr 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

soscannonballs posted:

I'm the guy running 11 endurance charges and I am resist capped for elemental weakness in red maps.
do end charges stack on top of ele weakness to wipe it out or something?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Ele weakness is the straight -resists right? Not -max resists

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

Ele weakness is the straight -resists right? Not -max resists

yeah its straight -resist.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ah interesting. i thought it was just like that -max resist mod but it's actually a -% so you can resist stack past it

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
For people who stack endurance charges and don't eat them with immortal calls, how viable is undercapping below 135%, and instead relying on the 4%/charge to cap your resists? Or is it asking for trouble the moment a nullifier shows up?

If it's a stupid idea, I guess it's still okay to use stacked endurance charges to counteract elemental weakness curses.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Nezkar posted:

I have found 3 treasuries since reading your post and you are never on. I am currently holding an instance with one if you're around

e: treasury gone

You can probably buy a spot in a Vaal Temple for around 20c rather then the entire map.

Oh, sorry, Dark Souls kinda got in the way.
I appreciate what you have done there, wish i had been around.

Do you remember where you found the treasuries?

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

Phobophilia posted:

For people who stack endurance charges and don't eat them with immortal calls, how viable is undercapping below 135%, and instead relying on the 4%/charge to cap your resists? Or is it asking for trouble the moment a nullifier shows up?

If it's a stupid idea, I guess it's still okay to use stacked endurance charges to counteract elemental weakness curses.

I feel like capping your resists is so easy that this isn't particularly worthwhile.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Katasi posted:

I feel like capping your resists is so easy that this isn't particularly worthwhile.

Really depends on your build, especially if youre running uniques or budget.

Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Oh, sorry, Dark Souls kinda got in the way.
I appreciate what you have done there, wish i had been around.

Do you remember where you found the treasuries?

t6, temple was the one I was holding for you, but I've also seen them in Ship Grave Yard Cave in act 1 merci - my cadiro hunting spot.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Nezkar posted:

t6, temple was the one I was holding for you, but I've also seen them in Ship Grave Yard Cave in act 1 merci - my cadiro hunting spot.

Ok, so chests arent level-locked appearently.
Still amazing how the RNG gives you 3 in a day while i havent got 1 on 3 90s.
Ill keep looking next time i am on, im not in a hurry anymore.
At this point im basically done with the league except 3 achievements for the portal.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Nezkar posted:

Ship Grave Yard Cave in act 1 merci

Neat tip btw., next time i ragequit DS3 i might try that one.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
Stumbled across this on reddit as I was looking up the daily labyrinth, and since I only knew about half of these I thought I'd share with those of you who are clueless like me: http://imgur.com/a/Yemuf

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Valle posted:

Stumbled across this on reddit as I was looking up the daily labyrinth, and since I only knew about half of these I thought I'd share with those of you who are clueless like me: http://imgur.com/a/Yemuf

Maybe that hint will help me hate the marketplace less.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Gibbo posted:

Maybe that hint will help me hate the marketplace less.

Same, I knew the rest but not that one.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
The warehouses indicators were only added in the past few months. It's handy since they changed the layout so that you have to pass through the dumb warehouses instead of running through the nice open areas between them.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Holy poo poo, uberdan killed twinned core on phc :stare:

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

I'll Sequence your Storm.
Deep down I am hoping that GGG are trying to make The Goddess Unleashed look awful on purpose.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

TheRat posted:

Holy poo poo, uberdan killed twinned core on phc :stare:

I think the best part is: the build isn't even that expensive, this league

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
He's what, CI chaos flameblast? At least that's what it looks like from my phone.

Also gently caress me the dude has 12k ES without a shield?

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Phobophilia posted:

I am capped on resists without charges, but the charges bring me to cap on ele weakness red maps. As for T15 stuff, since I am trying to go to 100 I am not doing any t15 maps right now, currently doing 12s to build up a pool of 13s. I did Vinktar's Square for the first time ever last night and went in without knowing anything about the fights except to bring a Topaz Flask. I killed the boss with 1 death, right at the beginning of the fight when my charges weren't up and he did his big explosion thing. Now that I know to have charges up going into his room, I should be able to consistently run that map deathless for exp.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Vasudus posted:

He's what, CI chaos flameblast? At least that's what it looks like from my phone.

Also gently caress me the dude has 12k ES without a shield?

CI Chaos VMS, so thats 12k ES without a shield, and with eye of chayula + scolds bridle :v:

E: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/PoEDan79/characters

His chest-piece, gloves and boots are batshit insane lol

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

baby puzzle posted:

Deep down I am hoping that GGG are trying to make The Goddess Unleashed look awful on purpose.

Reddit (pro tip: don't go to the POE sub) is pretty hilarious about this right now. Chris Wilson himself insists it's "very powerful" and that he watched internal testers "clear Tier 15 maps with it faster than I have ever cleared a map before myself". Then the guy who designed the item popped in to say that GGG basically did the entire super expensive recipe thing on their own; he designed the item series as something you find early and can upgrade through entirely self-found very easily, which is why he added so many flavor voice lines for the sword through Merciless, but they butted in with the dumb expensive recipe for the third sword and he had no control over it, even after complaining about how expensive it was for the item's intentions (a level 51 twink unique meant to be a fun, temporary 6l item to play around with, that requires a level 66 base and a 6-link 70 base?). He's also making a 6l exquisite blade divination card, so at least that part will be slightly easier.

This is honestly really entertaining to keep up with. Of course I don't want some cool item to be underpowered and bad; part of me wants to see GGG admit they hosed up but I'd also be really amused if someone comes out with some really dumb combination of poo poo NOBODY would ever use or think of that ends up breaking the game in half and forcing them to change the weapon anyway. A build coming out that just makes the sword good to decent is the most boring possible outcome.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Valle posted:

You should've linked the thread as people mentioned a lot more in comments.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
If he's doing all chaos, what elemental effects is he proliferating with his Elemental Ascendency? It doesn't work with poison right?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

gonadic io posted:

If he's doing all chaos, what elemental effects is he proliferating with his Elemental Ascendency? It doesn't work with poison right?

It'll spread effects from Elemental Conflux.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
I found a Cadrio with a perfect Pledge Of Hands, but don't have enough wealth for the ~50 chaos to buy the 5k coins I need. Is there a way that I can still make money from this?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

gonadic io posted:

I found a Cadrio with a perfect Pledge Of Hands, but don't have enough wealth for the ~50 chaos to buy the 5k coins I need. Is there a way that I can still make money from this?

Would a perfect pledge of hands even sell for 50c? I sold one earlier in the league that was 5% from perfect and it languished in my stash for 3 days before selling for 20c.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

It's actually kind of lame that Elemental Conflux works off all damage you do rather than just elemental damage you do. Like, for the class that is explicitly about powering up elemental abilities, one of the most powerful nodes on the ascendancy actively encourages you to convert all your damage to chaos so you can get poison + ignite + shock + chill rather than just ignite + shock + chill.

Also I think I've more or less settled on what my final build should look like for Voltaxic Poison CoC. I respecced a lot of damage nodes into Acro/Phase Acro and picked up the Pierce nodes next to Acro. I was feeling extremely fragile with 5300 life and no Acro before, and now my survivability seems okay with 5000 life. With the skill tree changes, I switched to Drillneck and Atziri's step from a high crit chance/accuracy/life Spike-Point and life/resists boots. The damage and survivablity both seem a lot better. Final gem setup is Barrage - CoC - Spark - Ball Lightning - Poison - Pierce.

I'm not sure any computer could be happy about shooting into Perandus packs with 100% Pierce Barrage casting 100% Pierce Sparks (+Ball Lightning) though.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Vasudus posted:

Would a perfect pledge of hands even sell for 50c? I sold one earlier in the league that was 5% from perfect and it languished in my stash for 3 days before selling for 20c.

Perfect rolls are listed for 50c+ but you can get a few percent off for 16-25, so who knows if the perfects are selling for that much; seems unlikely.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Magus42 posted:

You should've linked the thread as people mentioned a lot more in comments.

Oops, I must admit I didn't even look at the thread!

gonadic io posted:

Come on man, coins haven't been 100:1 for weeks, they're currently more like 155:1, so 5k coins is more like 32c. Good thing too, cause there's a perfect Pledge on poe.trade for just 44c.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
Going to roll an alt on PSC to level with a friend of mine who will be new to the game.

I found a Drillneck recently and want to put that to use. I realized I've also never played with bows, ever. Give me suggestions for a good cheap build (as in serviceable at ~40c total, so Voltaxic is a bit out of my price range).
- Prefer AOE clear to single-target, though I'd also prefer not being completely useless on bosses.
- Also prefer flashy particle effects as opposed to like, tornado shot, because I'm a huge dumb baby and this stuff matters to me.
- I'm also lazy, so the fewer buttons I have to press, the better. There's also a special place in my heart filled with loathing at ever having to pot for mana. Potting for anything else is fine; it's just the being unable to use skills that irks me.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

facepalmolive posted:

Going to roll an alt on PSC to level with a friend of mine who will be new to the game.

I found a Drillneck recently and want to put that to use. I realized I've also never played with bows, ever. Give me suggestions for a good cheap build (as in serviceable at ~40c total, so Voltaxic is a bit out of my price range).
- Prefer AOE clear to single-target, though I'd also prefer not being completely useless on bosses.
- Also prefer flashy particle effects as opposed to like, tornado shot, because I'm a huge dumb baby and this stuff matters to me.
- I'm also lazy, so the fewer buttons I have to press, the better. There's also a special place in my heart filled with loathing at ever having to pot for mana. Potting for anything else is fine; it's just the being unable to use skills that irks me.

The Lightning Arrow and Blast Rain combo are nice and flashy even without Voltaxic. Split Arrow just got a pretty baller MTX if that is your thing and is great for packs, not so much on bosses though. Iron Commander bow build is cheap and scales pretty well if you go elemental.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i am a little under halfway through rank 6 with zana. i have been doing my daily every day diligently but not joining daily groups and i pretty much never see zana in maps. will i be able to max her out with just my dailies before the end of the league?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Awesome! posted:

i am a little under halfway through rank 6 with zana. i have been doing my daily every day diligently but not joining daily groups and i pretty much never see zana in maps. will i be able to max her out with just my dailies before the end of the league?

Your chances of getting Zana to 8 is pretty much nil at this point unless you push hardcore for it. I wouldn't count on it.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

remove cruel
1/3 8th level master xp
expand maps through level 90 and double their drop rate at higher levels

chris willy could do that in a weekend and poe would be perfect

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

seems kind of silly. i started grinding her rep within like a week of the league starting.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Awesome! posted:

seems kind of silly. i started grinding her rep within like a week of the league starting.

Zana is the 'endgame' master, supposed to be something your spend a ton of effort on. I tried to get her to 8 last league, ended up getting about 7.25 before I said gently caress it. I really don't like getting her to 8 being a challenge.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

what's the recommended ice trap guide?

e: pref one i can aim towards 2x consume dark and pyre if that even matters

baram. fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Apr 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

facepalmolive posted:

I would play the build I have been playing/posting about. Use a Quill Rain instead of a Voltaxic Rift, and don't use Poison as a support.

My character here. It might be better as a Scion with Deadeye + your choice of other Ascendancy, or as Deadeye Ranger so you don't have to travel all over the tree for 2 extra power charges, but I'm not actually sure. As long as you get 100% pierce and make sure to have 2 Volley Fires on the tree you should be fine. Main links would be Barrage - CoC - Increased Crits - Spark - Ball Lightning. Deadeye Ascendancy or Scion Deadeye would both let you use that 5L without requiring a Pierce gem to get 100% Pierce. Assassin makes it easy to get more crit and sustains power charges pretty well but you lose out on projectile speed.

• Locked thread