Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

HenryEx posted:

Me watching the video:

*Kroger brings in the bandit leader*
"Oh hey, that hood looks familiar, is that Athena?"

*sees the bandit leader's bare chest*
"Oh HOLY poo poo is that Vaughn? drat, he's all bloody and badass!"

Actually when I went through the game I was between Vaughn and LB being the stranger, but when the Bandit Leader showed up I made the Vaughn connection immediately (those muscles are unmistakeable) so it only left LB as the Stranger. It was really close to the reveal though, so it's not like I saw it coming from ep1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

Athena, Janey, and Zer0. I'm aiming for experience here, not nostalgia.

XainZero
Feb 16, 2011

Going with Athena, Janey, and Felix.

I wonder if Athena's vow to kill all Atlus employees extends to Rhys now that he runs Atlus.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Zer0, Janey, Athena.

Vicissitude fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Apr 15, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also this episode kinda puts to bed the conversation about the timeframe of TPS and Tales, because yeah, Athena's fine by the time the stories catch up to the present.

Yggdrasil325
Jul 24, 2011

XainZero posted:

Going with Athena, Janey, and Felix.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Athena because she's an established vault hunter, and she's basically a part of the family thanks to her training Fiona in Episode 3.
Cassius because he's an Atlas employee, and a scientist who was in charge of a Gortys Project facility. He's probably the best choice to help support Gortys, who's probably going to be all beat to all hell after the last failed attempt.
Felix because I think we should have some closure with him and Fiona and Sasha. Also, given his knack for tinkering, and how he's proven to be a mastermind in the past, he could probably prove to be invaluable

The reveal for the Stranger is just absolutely great, too. And god, it's so good to see Vaughn again. :allears:

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Athena and Janey are the obvious first two. I kinda want to see what information Casius might have to contribute but putting him on a team with Athena is probably a bad idea, so let's go with Felix.

Out of curiosity, what happens if you're such a homicidal dick to everyone that you don't have enough people available to fill out the team?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

XainZero posted:

I wonder if Athena's vow to kill all Atlus employees extends to Rhys now that he runs Atlus.
I think the vow only extended to people who were Atlas employees when she was betrayed by them.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

ZiegeDame posted:

Out of curiosity, what happens if you're such a homicidal dick to everyone that you don't have enough people available to fill out the team?

Much like Athena, August is actually always available no matter what but I didn't want to ruin the magic too much in the video itself. Janey, Felix, Cassius, Zer0, and the mystery Vault Hunter are all variable though and if you didn't meet the conditions for any of them it'll give Zer0 as a freebie. Or at least I'm pretty sure that's who they give you, anyway. I personally haven't failed that hard though my original playthrough did not have a lot of availabilities.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Okay, did not see Loaderbot coming. (Did figure out that was Vaughn, though, the mask was a give-away.) Hm. Team.

Athena for certain. She's a surrogate member of this family anyhow, AND she's possibly the most experienced choice. Can't go wrong there.

We'll probably need some technical help for Gortys, so we've got two picks. I'll go with Janey because why not? Plus doing a little vault hunting together might help her and Athena's relationship.

Last is tough, but I'm going to go with August. He was a douche, but he did come around in the end and the monster killed his mother. I mean, his mother deserved it, but that doesn't mean he can't still get a bit of revenge.

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

This is perfect in every way. As soon as the camera started showing Rhys, Vaughn, Fiona and Loaderbot in one shot during the hugfest I immediately thought that yes, this is the vault hunter team I want in BL3.

Vote time: Athena, Janey and Felix

A bit of Theban logic that Athena and Janey will be all the stronger together and Felix has some patching up to do, may as well be while shooting a giant monster.

Heliophage
Aug 28, 2006
Devourer of Suns

Panzer Skank posted:

Athena Janey and Felix!!!

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
I think that mashing Athena and Cassius onto a team together can only lead to entertainment.

Also Janey, because it just wouldn't be right to pick Athena without her.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Athena will join.
Felix can be a great help
Zer0 likes haiku.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Add me to the pile of people that recognized the bandit leader for who they were the moment they saw the bare chest; no-one can forget those perfect pecs and abs. Buddy should've grown a beard years ago. And, while I figured out who the Stranger had to be when the events of Episode 4 went through, the reveal was still really nice.

As for the team, Athena, Janey, and Felix Cassius. Athena and Janey (on top of her mechanical prowess) going on vault-hunting run together will put to rest Janey's worries about Athena doing the vault-hunting thing because Athena is just that good at it, Athena is an experienced vault-hunter, and Felix Cassius being there can help resolve Athena's deal with Atlas as well as having someone in the know about Atlas there for Gortys and the Vault. Mostly I just feel like this composition is thematically nice and would like to see how it'll resolve.

edit: bad with names

tlarn fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Apr 15, 2016

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

tlarn posted:

Felix being there can help resolve Athena's deal with Atlas as well as having someone in the know about Atlas there for Gortys and the Vault.

are you talking about Cassius

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I see the children of helios deferred to Vaughn's MIGHTY ABS
(does this mean all future hyperion weapons are fire based, becasue the Helios/Sun thing)
Anyways votes:
Athena, Janey, Zer0
Get as much vault experience onto the team (their badass ranks must be astronomical)

God I hope the mystery hunter is Brick.
Because he is the prettiest.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Guys please take Zer0. Trust me on this one, please bring back Rhys' ridiculous crush on an alien ninja assassin.

zeesik
Nov 30, 2010
Grimey Drawer
I'm going for Athena, Janey and Felix . Let's have one big sort of family reunion.

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

Zero, Felix, Janey

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

Kaubocks posted:

are you talking about Cassius

:v: Ah. Yeah, fixed.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Springs, Cassius, Felix

I wanna know what Springs does, I know what Cassius does but it's friggin' awesome and I wanna see it again in the LP, and I wanna know what Felix's deal is.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Athena

Janey

Zer0

The safest combination.

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

I'm not Katsura, I'm Captain Katsura!

Cassius, Felix, and Zer0. We're going team old men. We only have two old men, though, so Zer0 gets to come too. After all, if the UFS card game taught me anything, it's that if someone's age is unknown, then they are every age.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
This is it. This is what I've been (needlessly) saving my votes for. It is of the utmost importance that Fiona gets closure with Felix. Apart from that... Zer0 because I didn't have him available on my run, and Cassius because I'm curious what he can do. That said, Janey and Athena is the objectively correct choice, and it's what I made in my own playthrough.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Gonna have to go with Athena, Janey, and Felix for the vote.

Also, WOW, what a hunky dude Vaughn is with that beard! :swoon:

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

athena janey and zer0

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
I'll be damned, I was sort of right! I did convince myself it couldn't be LB after we saw the endoskeleton in the wreckage, but the rest of my logic was right. It feels good to get Vaughn back too, and he is rocking that beard.

Felix needs to go! He deserves a chance to explain why he did what he did, and the girls deserve some closure at the very least.

I'm torn about everyone else, so I'll do a block vote, if I may. Athena and Janey, and if they don't have enough votes to go together, go for Zer0 and August.

I would like to see Athena and Janey kick rear end together, and maybe give Athena a chance to come clean to her better half. Zer0 is pretty fun and cool in this for what little we see him, and I do like August. The man really isn't bad by Pandora standards and he should get a chance to punch a giant alien demigod in the dick for killing his Mom.

A Pleasant Hug
Dec 30, 2007

...It's the thought that counts, right?
I sure hope the game allows you to have multiple save slots, because I'm using my three votes for everyone!

Team A: Athena, Janey, Felix
-
Team B: August, Zer0, Cassius
-
Team C: Athena, Zer0, mystery guest!

if you're unwilling to honor that then just pick Team A :v:

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I can't narrow it down to just one team! :(

I really want to see Felix / August / Zero for resolution of the story with Felix, August getting to Do Awesome Things during his spotlight segment and further elevate himself from 'Jerk' to 'Jerk With Some Redeeming Qualities', and Rhys fangirling over Zero.

I also really want to see Athena, Janey, and Cassius because I want to see if the game acknowledges you've paired Athena up with her girlfriend and the guy she almost killed.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Cassius - I want to see what our one remaining employee can add to the team and if he's still willing to work with us considering we're using that facility as a base of operations. Also, he saved Vaugn's life twice, which automatically makes him MVP.
Felix - To see what his deal is
Janey - Because I think it would be funny to recruit her over Athena and I want to know how Athena reacts.

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Apr 15, 2016

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
We need at least one veteran Vault Hunter. And while Zer0 is a cool dude, we have much more history with Athena now.

I have GOT to see how the Felix storyline resolves. He set so much of this game in motion, and I want to see him explain himself.

I'm torn on the last slot. August can go gently caress himself. Cassius seems like an interesting wildcard. And Zer0 is still around. But in the end, I am a raging lesbian. Janey.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
Cassius, Felix and August.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

HenryEx posted:

Goddamn, what a beard! What happened, man?

I kinda miss his glasses, though.

I thought they were actually necessary for him to see too on top of doing accountanty stuff.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

IAmTheRad posted:

Athena will join.
Felix can be a great help
Zer0 likes haiku.

This <3

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Athena, Janey, and Felix.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
What the gently caress, guys? Athena specifically told us she promised Janey she wouldn't hunt vaults anymore, because Janey was worried about her. Now, not only do you want to bring her along, you want to put Janey in danger too? You guys are lovely friends.

Zero (Rhys needs a new hero after Jack's betrayal) August (Sasha and August need to patch things up, if they haven't already) and Felix (To reunite Team Steal Everything) are the obvious choices, here. Especially because that way, after Rhys, Vaughn, Loaderbot, and Zero save the day, Team Scumbags can betray them and steal all the poo poo from the Vault. :getin:

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

Cathulhu posted:

Cassius, Felix and August.

I too vote for the sketchiest, most unreliable team possible.

Necroskowitz fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Apr 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Zer0, Athena, and Felix. We want the guys with vault monster kills to their name, and a mastermind to make them work together. It gets us a sniper, a tactician, and a close-quarters facekicker.

• Locked thread