Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Plus with Castille so weak, AI colonisation is pathetic. It's 1650 or so in my Cologne game and North America is entirely untouched, except for a British Mexico. Of course me eating up the Dutch probably didn't help :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Jay Rust posted:

Plus with Castille so weak, AI colonisation is pathetic. It's 1650 or so in my Cologne game and North America is entirely untouched, except for a British Mexico. Of course me eating up the Dutch probably didn't help :(
This is closer to history than 90% of the games that I have played.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Bort Bortles posted:

This is closer to history than 90% of the games that I have played.

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with the current rate of colonization. Pity that fixing Castile will probably break this...

(Also, the Caribbean has gotten really silly ever since the Treaty of Tordesillas mechanics were added. It shouldn't be owned by a single power! Maybe it should be exempt...?)

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

PleasingFungus posted:

they can westernize 'normally' (7+ total techs behind a western neighbor), but usually you'll be too up-to-date on tech to westernize that way. westernizing through prague/vienna also doesn't make you go through 10-20 years of pain and suffering, so it's a lot nicer if you can manage it.

what on earth would a 1600 arabia form date be too late for? afaik the decision can be taken up to 1821 - is there some other goal you're shooting for?

no i had no idea if forming Arabia would be a speedbump at all in a way. I was worried that if I formed it around then that I might have some delays because of it. Apparently that just means I'll have to unify Islam after that then restore Al-Andulus

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

PleasingFungus posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with the current rate of colonization. Pity that fixing Castile will probably break this...

(Also, the Caribbean has gotten really silly ever since the Treaty of Tordesillas mechanics were added. It shouldn't be owned by a single power! Maybe it should be exempt...?)
Well big chunks of it were colonized by Spain early on but they didnt grab all the islands, so when the French, English, Dutch, and Danes started colonizing they started grabbing those extra islands. It makes perfect sense mechanics wise because the other ones were not colonized till later, and mostly by non-Catholics that ignore the treaty.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
Exclave names working as intended

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

Anyone got advice on Ayutthaya? Tried them out for my first game since Cossacks or so, everyone to my north formed an alliance bloc except for one guy that dragged me into three useless wars including one with Ming. My gameplan was to conquer Malacca (the bit of it that's on the continent) then switch between opportunistically breaking up the Khmer/Lan Xang bloc and spreading around the Malacca node for money, then figure out how not to get steamrolled by Ming and later Europeans. Idea picks were gonna be defensive-administrative (this might be a bad idea but I picked it when desperately low on manpower and I needed the mercs)-exploration maybe???

I have a great Ayutthaya game running on version 1.13, it's been a lot of fun. In 1444 you're the strongest land power in SE Asia though not by much. The provinces in the area are pretty crappy and there's a whole mess of cultures running around; I ended up focusing mainly on trade and going hyper-tolerant, never sending out a missionary in the game. I think the #1 priority, besides expanding inland to get bigger and tougher, is to take control of the Malacca node because your starting trade node sucks hardcore. Ayu gets a merc cost bonus so it might be smart to supplement your army with mercs and admin ideas. With regard to Ming, they're not too bad once you get a tech advantage from westernization, though I did lose a couple wars against them before I got the upper hand. In the mid to late game I ended up colonizing heavily and fighting often with Europeans.

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009

Allyn posted:

Build a spy network in their overlord; once it's at 10+ you can them fabricate on their subjects, but through he subject's diplo menu

Aha that makes sense, thanks

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

super fart shooter posted:

Exclave names working as intended

Yessssssssssssss.

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

I have a great Ayutthaya game running on version 1.13, it's been a lot of fun. In 1444 you're the strongest land power in SE Asia though not by much. The provinces in the area are pretty crappy and there's a whole mess of cultures running around; I ended up focusing mainly on trade and going hyper-tolerant, never sending out a missionary in the game. I think the #1 priority, besides expanding inland to get bigger and tougher, is to take control of the Malacca node because your starting trade node sucks hardcore. Ayu gets a merc cost bonus so it might be smart to supplement your army with mercs and admin ideas. With regard to Ming, they're not too bad once you get a tech advantage from westernization, though I did lose a couple wars against them before I got the upper hand. In the mid to late game I ended up colonizing heavily and fighting often with Europeans.
When I played in SE Asia I have found it very profitable to colonize heavy early, because the land is free in terms of Manpower/AE/fighting/whatever

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

PleasingFungus posted:

what on earth would a 1600 arabia form date be too late for? afaik the decision can be taken up to 1821 - is there some other goal you're shooting for?

i guess i wasnt paying attention / thought of the ck2 empire of arabia that goes from ya know the middle east all the way to north west africa

i only need like 4 provinces for this!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Well I got lucky this restart- I didn't get dragged into a war with whoever's on Sumatra and Khmer didn't ally the rest of the nations so I got to knock them out fast. I'll try colonizing the Malacca node more, that should do for money for a while.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Bort Bortles posted:

Well big chunks of it were colonized by Spain early on but they didnt grab all the islands, so when the French, English, Dutch, and Danes started colonizing they started grabbing those extra islands. It makes perfect sense mechanics wise because the other ones were not colonized till later, and mostly by non-Catholics that ignore the treaty.
One of them after literally all the others had had a go at it. First the Spanish decided the island was too much of a bother, after killing all the natives. Then the English and the Dutch both colonized it and started fighting over it, eventually causing both to abandon it. Then the French moved in, had a decent go of it, but eventually abandoned it too. The French then sold the rights to the island to Denmark, which immediately opened it up for settlement by anyone who wanted to go, which made the colonization stick, nearly one and a half centuries after Europeans first started colonizing it.

So yeah, kind of a big contrast to what happens in-game, where you can legitimately attempt to lock out your competition by rapidly colonizing everything. I'm hoping EU5 will have a slightly less flat colonization system, with some areas being far more preferable for colonization than others, and in some cases not colonizing would even be preferable to colonizing, just because your potential candidates for colonization are bottomless pits which swallow up men and money. Better in that case to go to Asia to gently caress around, until greater experience with colonization (tech) as well as better local infrastructure allows you to colonize in a sensible manner again.

Actually, it would be kinda neat if colonists were simply a measure of how wide you could spread your efforts to colonize, but the colonization itself was done through a "Settler Pool", akin to the manpower pool. You could have that divided into Arctic/Temperate/Tropical settlers, with different colonies drawing more heavily from one pool or another depending on the local conditions. In the case of the Caribbean islands for example, Tropical Settlers could arrive at a regular rate, while Temperate Settlers would have a major malus to how fast they help build up the colony. In short, you'd need access to access to slaves to make the Caribbean worth much of anything. If you aren't colonizing something, any overflow of settlers relative to your max pool could even just continue to go to your colonies, boosting their development.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

RabidWeasel posted:

You have being tribal / nomadic to contend with but most of the other good starts in the area have the same problem, Delhi no longer has an easy path to being Persian culture group, and nomad ideas are really good, so you're probably OK.

I gave QQ a couple tries and I couldn't get a handle on playing a Horde surrounded by territory you'll actually want to keep. So I went back to Tabarestan after I found out that you can carve out huge swaths of Timurid territory by camping a war goal and you can outfight a Horde army double your size in defensive battles if you're sitting in the mountains.

Now all I gotta do is declare war on them again and let the Persian separatists do everything for me...

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Eej posted:

I gave QQ a couple tries and I couldn't get a handle on playing a Horde surrounded by territory you'll actually want to keep. So I went back to Tabarestan after I found out that you can carve out huge swaths of Timurid territory by camping a war goal and you can outfight a Horde army double your size in defensive battles if you're sitting in the mountains.

Now all I gotta do is declare war on them again and let the Persian separatists do everything for me...

impressively fast persia. however, :rip: your manpower for the next decade

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

A Buttery Pastry posted:

'm hoping EU5 will have a slightly less flat colonization system, with some areas being far more preferable for colonization than others, and in some cases not colonizing would even be preferable to colonizing, just because your potential candidates for colonization are bottomless pits which swallow up men and money. Better in that case to go to Asia to gently caress around, until greater experience with colonization (tech) as well as better local infrastructure allows you to colonize in a sensible manner again.

imo new world colonization is already pretty marginal in a lot of cases, for europeans. even though in many cases it was unprofitable for them in real life, i think it does need to be pretty strongly advantageous in the game; an expensive long-term investment (in cash, idea groups, diplo points... colonial wars...) needs to have good returns if you want people to actually do it. and discouraging people from colonizing in a game about the age of exploration would be pretty sad!

there's nothing wrong with the idea of places that are better off left to colonize until later, but those already exist: jungle provinces, 3-development provinces, 3-development jungle provinces... they're going to suck up too much in the way of cash and resources (settler-months) that could be better spent elsewhere. you focus on the +trade power provinces and the high-development provinces, and then only much later come around to the bad provinces. it's not exactly the historical problem, and it's certainly more predictable than history was, but for the sake of gameplay i think that's fine.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Actually, it would be kinda neat if colonists were simply a measure of how wide you could spread your efforts to colonize, but the colonization itself was done through a "Settler Pool", akin to the manpower pool. You could have that divided into Arctic/Temperate/Tropical settlers, with different colonies drawing more heavily from one pool or another depending on the local conditions. In the case of the Caribbean islands for example, Tropical Settlers could arrive at a regular rate, while Temperate Settlers would have a major malus to how fast they help build up the colony. In short, you'd need access to access to slaves to make the Caribbean worth much of anything. If you aren't colonizing something, any overflow of settlers relative to your max pool could even just continue to go to your colonies, boosting their development.

it seems like what you're trying to simulate here is 'you need slaves for profitable colonization' - why dance around it with 'arctic settlers' or w/e? colonizers have a slave resource, trading in slaves (west african trade posts) multiplies the resource's growth, building and maintaining any new world colony south of new york drains your slave power. include an in-game option (like the 'culturally rename provinces' one) that renames 'slaves' to 'oranges', and you're done.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

PleasingFungus posted:

imo new world colonization is already pretty marginal in a lot of cases, for europeans. even though in many cases it was unprofitable for them in real life, i think it does need to be pretty strongly advantageous in the game; an expensive long-term investment (in cash, idea groups, diplo points... colonial wars...) needs to have good returns if you want people to actually do it. and discouraging people from colonizing in a game about the age of exploration would be pretty sad!

there's nothing wrong with the idea of places that are better off left to colonize until later, but those already exist: jungle provinces, 3-development provinces, 3-development jungle provinces... they're going to suck up too much in the way of cash and resources (settler-months) that could be better spent elsewhere. you focus on the +trade power provinces and the high-development provinces, and then only much later come around to the bad provinces. it's not exactly the historical problem, and it's certainly more predictable than history was, but for the sake of gameplay i think that's fine.

it seems like what you're trying to simulate here is 'you need slaves for profitable colonization' - why dance around it with 'arctic settlers' or w/e? colonizers have a slave resource, trading in slaves (west african trade posts) multiplies the resource's growth, building and maintaining any new world colony south of new york drains your slave power. include an in-game option (like the 'culturally rename provinces' one) that renames 'slaves' to 'oranges', and you're done.
Hmm, I think it might be a mental leftover from back when colonization was a bit less sensible. You're right, just limiting it to slaves would probably do the trick. In any case, I suppose you're right about it having to be worthwhile, but perhaps different areas don't have to be worthwhile at the same time/in the same way? The Caribbean could be an easy (assuming you have slaves) place to make profitable, which as it develops makes for example North America more valuable as you established the Triangle Trade.* Mainland colonies could of course also be a source of military support, to protect your valuable Caribbean holdings, even if also somewhat profitable on their own in some cases. Basically, rather than having colonies be sorta uniform in their purpose, some could be clearly cash cows, while others are more about supporting your presence in the New World, though the latter can eventually grow to be of significant value themselves over time.

*In-game basically meaning that North America becomes an increasingly efficient way to funnel Caribbean wealth back to your capital.

Redchaostry
Nov 27, 2008
Goons I need some advice. I am trying for an achievement run for For Odin! and First Come, First Serve. I'm 100 years in, have almost all of the western civilizations in South American conquered. Unfortunately Castile took Panama (still a colony with 80 people to go), and I can't see winning a war with them. Castile (34k troops, 4 heavy ships) is allied with Hungry (17k troops, no ships, probably not going to affect the war at all) and Portugal (13k troops and 4 heavy ships). Castile is military tech 11 to my 10, and my army is only 24k troops with another 11k manpower. Only advantage I have that I see is Castile is currently at war with France, but France isn't doing so well this game. Options?

Interestingly enough I stole this idea from a run from youtube. Comparing their game to mine shows some of the balance changes. State maintenance is 3.30, corruption at max slider is 14.45 (just had a 1 corruption random event happen), and no fleet (compared to his 8 heavy ship fleet) and I am making 5 less on gold mines, and he is showing 12 ducats difference (ignoring corruption).

So do I just declare on New Granada, steal Panama, burn Veraguas, and conquer the one New Granada province I'm bordering and try to peace as quickly as possible?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

"Ming has announced Ayutthaya as their new rival!"
"Ming entered into a treaty of Support Independence with your disloyal subject!"

:shepicide:

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Jay Rust posted:

It was like this before the current patch in my experience though. And that was drat awesome, since it meant that we eventually got to see New Worlds that weren't just 100% Portuguese.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

Redchaostry posted:

Goons I need some advice. I am trying for an achievement run for For Odin! and First Come, First Serve.

Hey I'm doing the same run right now too and my run is into the late 1700s. I don't know about whatever example youtube run you're talking about though but here's my advice for your situation: If you can you wanna ally either France or Spain for now, ideally France. For me I WANTED to ally France but they rivaled me as soon as they discovered me and even declared on me a decade later even though I had Spain allied. If either Spain or France already rivaled you it is very important that you start finding allies on Europe both for defensive purposes right now and offensive purposes later.

Check out how many transports Spain and Portugal has and if your army can more than handle that then sure I guess try for a war on New Granada but just note it will not be a quick war by any means because you will need enough ticking warscore to overcome the length of the war modifier since right now you're not capable of assaulting their homelands.

Again I advise finding an ally and start focusing towards the north because you will need to start working on the For Odin! part of your run because it will take quite awhile to core and convert all those stuff and you can only conquer that area bit by bit because of the aggressive expansion stuff and spaghetti alliances up in Scandinavia. Once you have a foothold in Britain it will be easier to find allies in the inner parts of Europe like Austria because the distant border penalty will be gone.

Speaking of For Odin! and First Come, First Serve run and re:Spain is weak chat from yesterday, I've played two games on this patch and I don't think Spain is that weak. Spain is better colonizer than France and even if France encroaches on Iberia at some point she stops since they are easier fishes to focus on around the world and in Europe and then Spain gets alot stronger with all the colonies she starts later on. Right now my Spain has almost double the land forcelimit and income than France and let's not compare their navy. Though man for man a French is still stronger than a Spaniard because of France's national idea but that has always been the case since EU4 v1.0.

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

Drone posted:

It was like this before the current patch in my experience though. And that was drat awesome, since it meant that we eventually got to see New Worlds that weren't just 100% Portuguese.

Large-scale population transfers from Europe to the New World pretty much didn't happen until English emigrants started to settle in North America. Early game colonization should be very limited. Spain's initial land grab was a conquest, not a colonization.

Before the establishment of the slave trade, cash crop colonization was not very profitable, period.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The colonization chat reminds of how I feel like development should naturally be increasing over time to model population growth and whatnot. Techs that boost Production Efficiency sorta model improvements to production methods, but with the way Development works right now it feels like it would model pop growth and production method improvements better if development increased naturally over time. I dunno, its a deep rabbit hole. I just feel like, say, the East Coast should start off as 2/2/1s or 1/3/1s or whatever but gradually go up as the "European" population increases.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Agreed, I think the game lost something when they got rid of province population. I think it's weird that there's no distinction between manmade infrastructure, which is what I thought development was supposed to represent, and natural resources. What is an uncolonized province with 10+ development supposed to be? It's obviously not just the native population, because that only affects goods produced, and it's totally unaffected if you wipe out the natives.

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

Fister Roboto posted:

Agreed, I think the game lost something when they got rid of province population. I think it's weird that there's no distinction between manmade infrastructure, which is what I thought development was supposed to represent, and natural resources. What is an uncolonized province with 10+ development supposed to be? It's obviously not just the native population, because that only affects goods produced, and it's totally unaffected if you wipe out the natives.

it seems like manpower/production/tax should purely represent population & infrastructure, and the "richness" of the land should be represented through terrain modifiers on development costs. Probably any new world province that gets conquered or colonized by a European should be reset to 1/1/1. I think that colonial nations should get a new interaction where the home country can pay ducats and have that translate directly into +production within the colonies. That way e.g. France can invest ruinously large amounts of money into lucrative colonies that erupt into revolt :)

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
I want Europa Universalis 5 to just have Stellaris style pops, so they can form factions, be happy/unhappy, spawn characters and replace 'stability'.

EDIT: The argument that EU shouldn't have pops because that's Vicky's 'thing' is silly to me. It's like saying HoIs thing is 'armies', so we won't let you raise armies in EU. :downs: Populations of people are as essential to the period as armies are.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

What happens to your vassals if you westernize? Do they become protectorates, remain vassals, or gain independence?

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
They stay the same

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Dibujante posted:

it seems like manpower/production/tax should purely represent population & infrastructure, and the "richness" of the land should be represented through terrain modifiers on development costs. Probably any new world province that gets conquered or colonized by a European should be reset to 1/1/1. I think that colonial nations should get a new interaction where the home country can pay ducats and have that translate directly into +production within the colonies. That way e.g. France can invest ruinously large amounts of money into lucrative colonies that erupt into revolt :)

For development modifiers to be a meaningful thing they gotta overhaul the system, dumping points into the new world development is nearly always a waste.

Conversely if development becomes incredibly viable it'll be a pain in the rear end to micromanage once you pass a certain size. I'd rather they automate it like the trade goods events, so say when the new world is discovered, a hundred years or so later a "the potato" event pops up and lots of previously lovely provinces get like +2 base tax or hill/ mountain provinces get a 30%+ tax boost or whatever. It'd meaningfully shake up the balance of power as the game progresses.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
They could give Colonial Nations some consistently popping events that grant free development so there's an actual reason for that mechanic to exist.

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

Koramei posted:

For development modifiers to be a meaningful thing they gotta overhaul the system, dumping points into the new world development is nearly always a waste.

Conversely if development becomes incredibly viable it'll be a pain in the rear end to micromanage once you pass a certain size. I'd rather they automate it like the trade goods events, so say when the new world is discovered, a hundred years or so later a "the potato" event pops up and lots of previously lovely provinces get like +2 base tax or hill/ mountain provinces get a 30%+ tax boost or whatever. It'd meaningfully shake up the balance of power as the game progresses.

Concur!

Dibujante posted:

I think that development costs should be more variable. What should happen is that certain events should apply a blanket development cost reduction that goes away as you apply development points. So something like "importation of the potato to Europe" might give the player a -90% development cost that lasts for the next 300 spent points of development.

That way the player could go through growth spurts as new crops, technologies, and practices take root. There would be ideal times for the population to surge ahead, and other times when it's expensive enough that they only do it because they need to.

I also think the cost per point should scale more harshly. The player should get the maximum out of these events by spreading the development out, to counteract the piling on of -development cost bonuses that they are assigning to their high-value provinces.

I would buy a crops mini-DLC. How can you model the period without modeling the spread of corn, maize, potatoes, sweet potatoes, squash and beans throughout the world? These all increased calorie intake immensely, especially in marginal land that was previously not farmable.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

If I was in charge of revamping the system, I'd make it so that development isn't just a point dump thing. Every province in the world would have a chance of getting a random point of development, with the mtth affected by many various factors. You could still spend monarch points to increase development, but rather than spending it instantly you could spend a point monthly to focus on a province (or a state?) to decrease the mtth and guarantee the type of development.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Redchaostry posted:

So do I just declare on New Granada, steal Panama, burn Veraguas, and conquer the one New Granada province I'm bordering and try to peace as quickly as possible?

here's the thing: for first come, first serve, the biggest pain is getting the whole new world colonized. there are hundreds and hundreds of provinces to colonize, and even running six colonies at a time (exploration + expansion etc), it takes forever. you want the europeans to be colonizing as much as possible, to fill up the ''''unpopulated''' new world; you can just take it from them all when they're done. taking provinces from colonial nations is incredibly cheap; with admin efficiency & a decent CB, you can easily take many dozens of provinces in a single war.

in short, don't take the spanish stuff; you want spain & the spanish colonial nations to be as wealthy and stable as possible, so they'll focus their energy on colonizing. learn from my mistakes!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Also another weird problem with the development system is that since it's a point dump and OPMs have nothing else to spend their points on, you quickly end up with silly things like Ulm have twice as much development as Constantinople.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Fister Roboto posted:

Also another weird problem with the development system is that since it's a point dump and OPMs have nothing else to spend their points on, you quickly end up with silly things like Ulm have twice as much development as Constantinople.
I love finding the Maldives, Ternate, and Tidore in the 1600s and they are all 10/15/8. It is part of why I think the system is in need of an overhaul. I think England should start off pretty under-developed and if history goes the right way, it gets crazily developed.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

they nerfed the hell out of that a patch or two ago, fwiw

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/producerjohan/status/720962886462517248

Sounds like a good change.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

I don't know, won't that send Espionage ideas right back to being worthless?

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

Jabarto posted:

I don't know, won't that send Espionage ideas right back to being worthless?

https://twitter.com/producerjohan/status/720964505929412608
I guess we'll see. They're better now than before but I think they can become even more useful, instead of a fun addition.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Cheaper advisers sounds great, as long as it's not a trivial reduction. Spy actions were always way too situational (i.e. worthless until the late game when you pick idea groups for the hell of it) to warrant picking the group, whereas what essentially becomes a monarch point bonus could be real good.

Koramei fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Apr 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Eej posted:

They could give Colonial Nations some consistently popping events that grant free development so there's an actual reason for that mechanic to exist.

I think this would be good. Various immigration and development events, made more or less likely based off ideas, terrain, and total development.

• Locked thread