Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
First female tanker just enlisted, wonder if they're going to have to stop calling the bitch plate the bitch plate pretty soon, among other things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Can't wait for her to be raped/hazed, gets chaptered out for mental health reasons, and people are like "heh thats what you get woman"

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
only men can do this job :smug:

3/4s of the company is overweight pieces of poo poo with black knee braces

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

why anyone would want this poo poo job is beyond me

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Can't wait for her to be raped/hazed, gets chaptered out for mental health reasons, and people are like "heh thats what you get woman"

Ha ha.

http://www.local8now.com/content/news/First-woman-in-Tennessee-to-enlist-as-combat-engineer-goes-AWOL-367601961.html

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Why a tanker? Did she see Fury and thought "tight cramped space? Yes please!" Or just envisioned herself as a chick Brad Pitt? I'd go with Brad Pitt cause that dude ages well.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Hey SGT you need to email me a reminder whenever I don't respond to your sections supply requests, 'rah? I'm a busy Muhreen Captain been doing this for 21 years, why aren't you doing pullups with me?

Also why the gently caress are you emailing me directly?

gently caress the military, gently caress this command, gently caress my life, gently caress me until I die, but first gently caress the Army and the Marines for being stupid pieces of poo poo, gently caress people who say they're a "type A personality," gently caress DoD purchasing processes, gently caress satellites, gently caress Africa, gently caress dirt, gently caress these loving crows that poo poo on everything, gently caress this gay earth.

Seriously.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Wasabi the J posted:

Hey SGT you need to email me a reminder whenever I don't respond to your sections supply requests, 'rah? I'm a busy Muhreen Captain been doing this for 21 years, why aren't you doing pullups with me?

gently caress the military, gently caress this command, gently caress my life, gently caress me until I die, but first gently caress the Army and the Marines for being stupid pieces of poo poo, gently caress people who say they're a "type A personality," gently caress DoD purchasing processes, gently caress satellites, gently caress Africa, gently caress dirt, gently caress these loving crows that poo poo on everything, gently caress this gay earth.

Seriously.

Magnificent.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Wasabi the J posted:

Seriously.

http://youtu.be/1jRhgNp-fNc

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

did you guys ever pick up plain text tactical radio communications from the vietnam war due to atmospheric bounce while training in Fort Hood

Is this a reference to the movie Frequency? I thought it had something to do with solar flares

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Pesticide20 posted:

Is this a reference to the movie Frequency? I thought it had something to do with solar flares

No, they did it apparently because science is weird.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Everything in radio communications runs on FM. loving Magic.

Watching the salty old timers who knew their poo poo in long haul radio comms at some of the places I've been has been equal parts horrifying and fascinating. I watched one guy who had been in the shop longer than I was in high school whip out a ball peen hammer and start pounding on a tube amplifier. My initial reaction was "holy gently caress what the loving gently caress?" because these things are basically a pipe that we're conditioned from day one to not even think too loudly about dropping something on or hitting since if you bend one the signal output is hosed and you lose everything. So seeing him wailing on it with a hammer is just bizarre. As I'm watching in horrified fascination thinking he's trying to get fired or something I see he moves a magnet along the side of the copper tube and does it again. So he's pounding on a pipe he shouldn't be and then using a magnet on copper, I'm thoroughly lost at this point so I just give up and ask he's doing. He has a ball bearing on the inside of the tube, held in place by the magnet, and he's moving it around to modify the output of the tube by blocking the portion where the bearing is. When he fines a spot that tunes it right he smacks the tube with the hammer and dents that spot to tune it.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
I'm glad that females are now also allowed to pick the lovely bad jobs for dumb retards now, well other than cook, they could already be those.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Pesticide20 posted:

nah, We Were Soldiers

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Ace of Baes posted:

I'm glad that females are now also allowed to pick the lovely bad jobs for dumb retards now, well other than cook, they could already be those.

I mean the most retarded job (31B) has been open to them since forever

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

nah, We Were Soldiers

Okay, I wasn't sure if you were implying some sort of time travel or not

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Pesticide20 posted:

Okay, I wasn't sure if you were implying some sort of time travel or not

yeah I could see that confusion, sorry!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

nah, We Were Soldiers

Always like Tigerland's radio scene better. Why pick up transmissions of guys getting ambushed when you could be busy electrocuting some guy's balls?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Always like Tigerland's radio scene better. Why pick up transmissions of guys getting ambushed when you could be busy electrocuting some guy's balls?

Michael Shannon was probably the best part of that movie

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

loving CIF. I don't know how many times they expect me to wash my IOTV with oxy clean because that drat red stain from that horrible Georgia red clay will not come out and the most easily stainable cammo pattern ever created isn't helping matters.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Mustang posted:

loving CIF. I don't know how many times they expect me to wash my IOTV with oxy clean because that drat red stain from that horrible Georgia red clay will not come out and the most easily stainable cammo pattern ever created isn't helping matters.

:laugh:

Pull the cord, strip all the kevlar and poo poo out. Grab one of those U-shaped scrub brushes, go to one of the on-post car washes and lay your poo poo out. Get it damp, scrub with the oxy clean, then pressure wash the bitch.

If it's super-turbo hosed you can try soaking it in a tub with a LITTLE bit of oxy clean, stirring the poo poo around a bit every 30mins or so for a couple hours.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

What really pisses me off about it is that I was issued my IOTV with that stain already on it. So somebody there was willing to accept it at one point but obviously not the guy I had today. I never laid down in any mud or did anything that added any new stains to it.

I haven't tried the pressure washer method but I've taken all the inserts out and put through it the washer with oxy clean multiple times.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Mustang posted:

Mustang posted:

What really pisses me off about it is that I was issued my IOTV with that stain already on it. So somebody there was willing to accept it at one point but obviously not the guy I had today. I never laid down in any mud or did anything that added any new stains to it.

I haven't tried the pressure washer method but I've taken all the inserts out and put through it the washer with oxy clean multiple times.

Abuse your rank. If it's not high enough get your commander to abuse his.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I just went in with what I had, if anything was missing or rejected I told them to bill me for it. gently caress it, I'm out.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

spacetoaster posted:

Abuse your rank. If it's not high enough get your commander to abuse his.

It's TRADOC CIF. He's hosed until they sigh and take it.

Bogarts
Mar 1, 2009
Wasn't there a guy here who couldn't clear CIF because something he had was covered in blood from when he got shot?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
That's why I took my CIF poo poo to the car wash. Easy peasy.

Bogarts posted:

Wasn't there a guy here who couldn't clear CIF because something he had was covered in blood from when he got shot?
Probably. I've heard this one from a few places.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

Bogarts posted:

Yeah my buddy had that happen to him, finally just ended up dumping a bottle of bleach onto his IOTV, turned it into arctic camo (but still had some blood on it).

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Does your post have a quartermaster laundry facility a lot of the times they do it for free and if you bring the receipt CIF isn't allowed to reject it.

CIF actually did me a solid once, when we were turning in in basic training, we had to do a full TA-50 layout on our bunks at the end of basic, and I was stuck cleaning the latrine with 5 other dudes for 5 hours while my poo poo was sitting out getting what I can only imagine periodically pilfered to fill in whatever everyone else was missing (we also shared a bay with another platoon so it literally could have been 100 different people).

When we went to CIF to turn in the lady looked at what I had and what I was missing and it was like $3,000 worth of poo poo missing or something ridiculous like that, I told her what happened and she said gently caress that and I didn't get charged for poo poo.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Stanley Goodspeed posted:

Yeah my buddy had that happen to him, finally just ended up dumping a bottle of bleach onto his IOTV, turned it into arctic camo (but still had some blood on it).

I know a guy who did the same thing with an ammo pouch, they turned him away like 3 times until he bleached all of the color out of it and they got pissed but had to accept it.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Stupid barracks faggots stole my laundry bag a day before CIF turn in. Also my roommate kept his wife(?) and baby in his room. ~memories~

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Yup!

Civilians give 2 shits about what rank you are.

Take it to the quartermasters, or a cleaning place that should be somewhere on or near post. I know there is one on JBLM.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Ended up going back again in the afternoon and was able to turn all my poo poo in. Dude barely looked at it and just signed my paper.

The only response I can imagine to a LT trying to throw his rank around is laughter, as a 2LT in TRADOC land anyway. Well..accept for the basic trainees, they lose their poo poo when they see an officer. Was pretty funny when I ran into my my drill sergeants and their platoon at the PX on Sand HIll. Utter chaos.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The most fun is when you get a new mid-grade officer that's never worked with contractors, but has drank the Army koolaid heavily. The gang of cynical contractors I work with is breaking the brain of a new major on a regular basis that just came from Korea.

"I want to speak with everyone at 7am to get the day started"
"sorry major, core hours are 9am-3pm so no can do"

"Bring this down to <place>"
"sorry major, admin duties aren't in scope" (lol @ getting a senior epidemiologist to be your loving errand boy)

There are literally six people in my entire 200 person org that doesn't have at least a masters degree, most of them are PhDs.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Soulex posted:

Yup!

Civilians give 2 shits about what rank you are.

Take it to the quartermasters, or a cleaning place that should be somewhere on or near post. I know there is one on JBLM.

Meh, you don't talk with the line guys, you talk with the supervisor who set the whole thing up for your unit.

Mustang posted:

The only response I can imagine to a LT trying to throw his rank around i

Yeah, don't try that. Or do. It'll give the fat civilian that hands out canteen cups something to tell his friends about.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Haha, nah I'll leave that to the West Pointers.

I go by the whole "don't be a dick" thing and it's worked out well for me so far. Some of the West Pointers I was clearing CIF with were being pretty confrontational and as a consequence a lot of them had a bunch of poo poo kicked back and told to come back on Monday. I was just told to throw my poo poo in the washer and come back in the afternoon.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Mustang posted:

I go by the whole "don't be a dick" thing and it's worked out well for me so far.

Well yeah, you always START that way. But occasionally you gotta.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Vasudus posted:

The most fun is when you get a new mid-grade officer that's never worked with contractors, but has drank the Army koolaid heavily. The gang of cynical contractors I work with is breaking the brain of a new major on a regular basis that just came from Korea.

"I want to speak with everyone at 7am to get the day started"
"sorry major, core hours are 9am-3pm so no can do"

"Bring this down to <place>"
"sorry major, admin duties aren't in scope" (lol @ getting a senior epidemiologist to be your loving errand boy)

There are literally six people in my entire 200 person org that doesn't have at least a masters degree, most of them are PhDs.

How come nobody is quoting this, because it owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Teflon Don posted:

How come nobody is quoting this, because it owns

It's the best. I've been laughing so hard at work my sides hurt and everyone in my section is horribly confused. It's literally HOOAH ARMY NUMBAR 1 meets a civilian, highly educated/skilled workforce. You could write a sitcom from it.

• Locked thread