Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Since Red Bull sucks again can we make them the fun team again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

no they are awful

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
If RBR was in dead last I'd still hate them. I only partially despise Toro Rosso, but only because of the historical Minardi connection.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I like Toro Rosso because of Our Carlito. But not because of Their Max, he's a little snot.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Red bull are currently refusing to sign the new engine agreement for 2017 because they want the manufacturers to get hosed over by Bernie with the two different engine types thing and quit the sport. gently caress Red Bull.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

:getout:

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

1500quidporsche posted:

You guys don't understand. This season is the cumulative effect of two years of Rosberg's #mindgames. He wanted to let Hamilton win two WDCs to lure him into a false sense of security.

Rosberg 4 in a row Monaco winner C'MON

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Monaco is a poo poo track and unless you are mentally retarded you can win there.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Please don't mental illness shame Lewis.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
That being said, Villenueve's '81 win at Monaco was special because his car wasn't actually capable of turning.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Human Grand Prix posted:

That being said, Villenueve's '81 win at Monaco was special because his car wasn't actually capable of turning.

Did he emulate my patented bounce off all of the walls with damages off Monaco driving style?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Human Grand Prix posted:

Monaco is a poo poo track and unless you are mentally retarded you can win there.

Wow this actually holds up. Felipe Massa has never won there.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

keevo posted:

Wow this actually holds up. Felipe Massa has never won there.

lol

Williams needs new drivers. Offbrand Kimi, and Brain dead Botas have been hot garbage.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Williams need new everything. That team isn't close to the the team that was in its heyday and its a shame. They loving nosedived once they got rid of Patrick Head even though they thought he was the problem.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Massa is a solid development/second driver and used to doing all the dog work, unfortunately the driver who is supposed to be the next big thing has turned out to be poo poo and a bit of a crash magnet and Williams have Williamsed and instead of doing what another sensible and ruthless team would have done and dumped him for another new talent they settled and signed him again.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Hayday Williams wouldn't have flinched at booting a driver

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The thing is they used to be the most ruthless team with drivers. Up until the mid 90s the only driver who really didn't leave that team pissed off at Frank was Alan Jones. They really should Bottas in the next three races unless he does something amazing like actually win.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

1500quidporsche posted:

The thing is they used to be the most ruthless team with drivers. Up until the mid 90s the only driver who really didn't leave that team pissed off at Frank was Alan Jones. They really should Bottas in the next three races unless he does something amazing like actually win.

They were okay with doing that because they used to make cars that could win races.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Yeah, Bottas hasn't worked out so they might as well sign another rookie. Or bring back someone. Like JEV or Kobayashi.

Anyway, Williams is a joke of a team. They make the simplest mistakes and need several tries to fix them and their pit and tyre strategy is third rate.

They've been around for decades but at times behave like a new entry.
I hope Haas stomps them.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Riso posted:

Yeah, Bottas hasn't worked out so they might as well sign another rookie. Or bring back someone. Like JEV or Kobayashi.

Anyway, Williams is a joke of a team. They make the simplest mistakes and need several tries to fix them and their pit and tyre strategy is third rate.

They've been around for decades but at times behave like a new entry.
I hope Haas stomps them.

Yeah at this point they're better off gambling on a rookie. Massa is at best a "spent force" and its pretty disturbing that Bottas has trouble pulling away from him.

They've always been a team that has not gotten their poo poo together and made simple mistakes but gotten around that by building a car way better than the rest of the field.

And yeah Haas is going to humiliate them.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Bottas is poo poo and I've been calling him poo poo for ages while pundits were jizzing all over him

Verstappen is also poo poo and I can't wait until he's found out

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

El Hefe posted:

Verstappen is also poo poo and I can't wait until he's found out

:agreed:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Can anyone tell me that buying 1500 dollar hydraulic sim racing pedals is a bad idea?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
No.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Uhh that's close to half the price I paid for my two stroke kart. The pedals feel like poo poo on it though.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
you could do a hell of a lot of actual karting with $1500.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I don't live in europe. Carting isn't super huge here in Idaho...

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Do autocross/autograss/rallycross or whatever it's called in your area. Although it costs a bit depending on regulations to set up a car (roll cage, fire extinguisher etc) you can usally pick up a car from someone leaving the sport at a fair discount on ebay or whatever or by going to club meetings/forums and asking around.

Or you know, buy the sim, it sounds like fun. I just think you can have more fun for your money.

e: wait, just the pedals, not for a whole seat on hydraulic rams? gently caress that. Go buy something with an engine and drive it.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I spent $1000 on my Scirocco for autocross and now TSD rallies and it has literally been the best use of my money I can recall.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
He doesn't have a licence iirc. Plus $1500 will not buy you a car that you can do that with. E: If you do not have any mechanical experience.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

No you seem to misunderstand. I already have a sim rig. Just talking about upgrading my pedals.

Office is a work in progress please ignore cables and poo poo.

Also, auto cross isn't a V8 F1 or a Lotus 49. :)

and I don't have a licence

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Well hell man if that's your thing, do your thing. Clearly you've spent a lot more on that than I would have, so just make sure your outlay is equivalent to your added enjoyment and have at it.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Human Grand Prix posted:

He doesn't have a licence iirc. Plus $1500 will not buy you a car that you can do that with. E: If you do not have any mechanical experience.

I don't know about the US but I saw two Class 1 Autograss on ebay a few weeks ago, cost ~£600 the pair. No licence required, sport allows 12 year olds in Class 1

simplefish fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Apr 15, 2016

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

yeah if you're that far gone why the hell not, my biggest issue with sim racing is I never get good feedback so I would imagine $1500 pedals would go some way to fixing that.

I will say learning to wrench/drive stick/race on a shoestring budget can be a blast no matter how dull and boring autocross is though, its a shame karting isn't more prevalent in north america because if your club has its own facility its great to just head out on a weeknight and blast out a few laps.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Norns get over your anxiety and go get a license ffs

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

I'd go for the F1 wheel that guy does, and forget about the clutch and pretend you're Hamilton

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

I'm really enjoying the NASCAR man.

Also, really looking forward to seeing Lewis' race start, what with his grid penalty and new gearbox. If he struggles to pull off the line again he's going to be down at P10 to Turn 1 at least. Really exciting. Looks to be a promising opportunity for the Scud.

If ever there was a time we needed Maldonado sitting in the mid-field

Norns posted:

No you seem to misunderstand. I already have a sim rig. Just talking about upgrading my pedals.

Office is a work in progress please ignore cables and poo poo.

Also, auto cross isn't a V8 F1 or a Lotus 49. :)

and I don't have a licence

I love seeing this kind of dedication to a hobby, but...

1500quidporsche posted:

my biggest issue with sim racing is I never get good feedback

...this :( I love driving a car because I can feel what it's doing underneath me, my butt gives me all the feedback I need. I get none of that from simulator stuff which is a real shame because I'd love to have a set up that looks like that.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I have transducers in the seat to give a bit of that missing butt feel.

There's no real cost effective method for gforces though. But, good ffb and quality poo poo with bass transducers goes a long way.

El Hefe posted:

Norns get over your anxiety and go get a license ffs

Navigating all the giant loving trucks everyone has here seems like a good way to go grey before I'm 40.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

I have a new found respect for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I actually dislike driving a great deal in real life yet I am a slut for racing sims. Have been for 20 years now.

• Locked thread