Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
guuuuuuuys don't relist capital ships on the open market hehe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Phi230 posted:

So a few noobie questions:

1. If I wanna do missions I must grind rep with a specific agent from 1-->2--->3 etc... to advance? Seems tedious.

2. Is exploration something I can begin immediately? I'm reading a few things and it seems it'll take a few million ISK investment and a lot of time training skills to be able to.

3. Is exploration still profitable? Is it still interesting/fun?

exploration is one of my favorite thing to do in this game and it makes a ton of money. it requires some skills yeah (if you dont want to die constantly) but for how much you make and the skills other things take its probably one of the easiest and cheapest things in the game to get into

plus the skills it takes are valuable outside of exploration, cloaking is great and the one thing in common with terrible scrubs is they don't know how to scan or how wormholes work

Altran
Mar 20, 2013
every game i tried with goons, wow, dota2, etc...there is a sense of "we don't care, we just here for the fun" factors in it, but the fact is that most of the guild/communities/corps are very try hard, with the mmr/item level/whatever of epeen measurement average much higher than other communities

my question is then are goons, not limited to eve, but SA games community actually the most try hard neckbeards of them all? even if we just say we don't care about the epeen measurement stats

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Altran posted:

every game i tried with goons, wow, dota2, etc...there is a sense of "we don't care, we just here for the fun" factors in it, but the fact is that most of the guild/communities/corps are very try hard, with the mmr/item level/whatever of epeen measurement average much higher than other communities

my question is then are goons, not limited to eve, but SA games community actually the most try hard neckbeards of them all? even if we just say we don't care about the epeen measurement stats

not even close

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Melted down a semi-usless toon as much as I can and am up to 20bil in profit off the brain goo :toot:

Edit - Also Deadtear have you played Bloodline Champions at all? What did you think of the game mechanics (eg. pure battle arena etc.) outside of the hosed up "League of Legends style" business model PopCap forced the game to have?

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

please don't trigger me in the chill thread

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
i wont answer you until you rectify your insane mistake

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ChickenWing posted:

please don't trigger me in the chill thread

Sorry, my toonie.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.
Help me understand melting down characters. I've got an unsubbed carrier alt - can I just drain it for cash?

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Unfunny Poster posted:

Sorry, my toonie.

:confused:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

pugnax posted:

Help me understand melting down characters. I've got an unsubbed carrier alt - can I just drain it for cash?

sub it, run a bunch of extractors on it, sell injectors for X profit over cost of extractors

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pugnax posted:

Yeah. You buy items called skill extractors which take out 500k SP at a time. They then become Skill Injectors which you can sell on market.

Extractors are around 250mil a piece, with the Injectors going for 640mil at the moment.

You can't drain your character below 5.5million SP. Well, you sort of can if your at like say 5.6million and pull out 500k to get to 5.1mil but after that you can't use another extractor.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Foehammer007 posted:

keep us updated

She didn't have an operation, but she had an enema. So she's none too happy about that. Lots of fluids so she's probably going to be a lovely cat. Hence being kept in the bathroom overnight.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That cat is adorable.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Unfunny Poster posted:

That cat is adorable.

Hold on to your ovaries. This is them as kittens

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Oodles posted:

She didn't have an operation, but she had an enema.

I can't imagine being the poor vet tech trying to hold her still for that

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.
I assume you want to do the whole brain ripping in Jita? So they can go directly on the market there? Any ideas if I could do this in an hours for plex window?

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

sub it, run a bunch of extractors on it, sell injectors for X profit over cost of extractors

I did this with hours4plex instead. :toot:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
yeah whoops that works too

PsychoLordling
May 13, 2008

If you can read this Sarah Palin's dick must have fallen out of my mouth. Please return it to it's proper position.

Altran posted:

Goons make the best guides, making it easy to get an advantage.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pugnax posted:

I assume you want to do the whole brain ripping in Jita? So they can go directly on the market there? Any ideas if I could do this in an hours for plex window?

Yeah, Injectors are basically like PLEX.

We (PL) ganked an Orca with like 70 Injectors in it.

Edit - https://zkillboard.com/kill/52256704/

That's like 30 some odd million SP destroyed.

Altran
Mar 20, 2013

PsychoLordling posted:

Goons make the best guides, making it easy to get an advantage.

that makes great sense, thanks

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

I fell asleep while zipping around in a frigate last night. I wonder if it got blown up.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

ChickenWing posted:

I'll buy it from you for 50m!

that's double what you paid! great deal!

Bought a boot archon with a yachtmach in the SMA for 1.7 (faction tank only- what is this? 'Yacht' lol).

2 Scimitars for 200, and a questionably fit rattlesnake for 220.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Xolve posted:

Bought a boot archon with a yachtmach in the SMA for 1.7 (faction tank only- what is this? 'Yacht' lol).

2 Scimitars for 200, and a questionably fit rattlesnake for 220.

I'll give you 100m for the lot

also join goon discord

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ChickenWing posted:

also join goon discord

Goon Discord is going to be the less idiotic #zulu at this rate.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Cat update.

Her brother is hissing at her, and is hiding under a sofa. Keeping them in different rooms tonight until he doesn't seem so scared.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

Melted down a semi-usless toon as much as I can and am up to 20bil in profit off the brain goo :toot:

Edit - Also Deadtear have you played Bloodline Champions at all? What did you think of the game mechanics (eg. pure battle arena etc.) outside of the hosed up "League of Legends style" business model PopCap forced the game to have?

I also melted down a spaceman today and it put me back topside of 100b liquid :toot:

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Syndic Thrass posted:

I also melted down a spaceman today and it put me back topside of 100b liquid :toot:

you should send me some of that cause I'm spacepoor, thanks in advance

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Syndic Thrass posted:

My cats don't like each other. That turmoil can be resolved with 1.3b isk. To help me get into a tengu and then I can shoot missiles and they can paw at them on the screen.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Landsknecht posted:

you should send me some of that cause I'm spacepoor, thanks in advance

should've scammed goonfleetswarm dummies better huh :smugdog:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Altran posted:

Somewhere between 2010-2015 we went from being clowns in space to bureaucrats in jabber.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

should've scammed goonfleetswarm dummies better huh :smugdog:

well you know how these things happen

now that i've come back i realize how much i forgot (like all the reaction stuff in pvp) which is kinda weird cause you never notice it when you play eve too much

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
So my skills for exploration finally finished, is there a website I can use to make ship fittings and share them so you guys can vet my noob exploration Heron?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
i think it's called osmium or something? google it

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
i would much rather look at an eft block than deal with osmium

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Altran posted:

The upper management of the Goon guild in this game try very hard and take it very seriously. As a result, everyone else gets to chill out, fly what they want, and until recently amass truly staggering amounts of money by AFK farming.

My interpretation of a tryhard is someone who tries very hard for mediocre results, as opposed to someone who tries hard and exceeds. Neither of these things should be considered insults; always do your best, no matter how you bad you are.

Altran
Mar 20, 2013
i noticed, especially gsol dudes, other's work are not very noticeable from a line member's point of view.

and char mender's one man freight service, why is he immune to burn out?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

ChickenWing posted:

also join goon discord

link?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I found a gold gas site.

As an explorer what do I do with it? Do I sell the coords?

• Locked thread