Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

i am part of the problem

Internet Kraken posted:

Where the hell is Patches? I've gathered that he's somewhere in the Cathedral but I ran the whole place through without seeing him. Is there some sort of trigger, or did I manage to miss yet another area?

I got stuck at Firelink. I try to read all the NPC text so I dunno how I managed to miss that you were supposed to warp to Lothric rather than take some path.

I'm over halfway through the game though and the Firekeeper still says the same things she did at the start. She's even more worthless than the Emerald Herald.

If you've cleared the Cathedral try sploring Firelink Tower. After that Patches'll take up shop in the top floor of the Shrine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
This poison swamp fuckin sucks

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

So I just beat the boss of Catacombs thanks to a kind phantom who sadly died at the same time as the boss. Bless you buffalo.

Holy hell the view you are rewarded after. I'm so hype for this next area. :drat:

On another note I totally took up the Rosaria's Fingers covenant before doing stuff with Serris and she still gave me the gesture and stuff and is on good terms with me. Didn't have the covenant item on at the time I spoke with her or did other things though so maybe that has something to do with it.

My friend described that zone to me before I got there as "the best zone I've ever seen in a souls game" and I think he's right. :allears:

As for the quest stuff; I think you can join the Fingers, but if you turn in any tongues then yo'ure screwed and Serris gets mad. Thing is, you have to turn in a tongue if you want Leonhardts quest to continue, I think, so its one or the other? Not positive.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Despite screaming YOU CHEAP oval office about six times, the boss fight in Untended Graves was fantastic after I calmed down. No gimmicks, no bullshit moves that are cynically timed to hit you the second your invincibility frames run out from being knocked over (looking at you ODK...). Just you, an angry man with a halberd and a fight that gets the split between aggression and control just right. :allears:

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

poptart_fairy posted:

Despite screaming YOU CHEAP oval office about six times, the boss fight in Untended Graves was fantastic after I calmed down. No gimmicks, no bullshit moves that are cynically timed to hit you the second your invincibility frames run out from being knocked over (looking at you ODK...). Just you, an angry man with a halberd and a fight that gets the split between aggression and control just right. :allears:

Try dodging

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Instant Grat posted:

This poison swamp fuckin sucks

You don't have to go through the deep area where you walk sluggish.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Is anyone at all getting Blue Sentinel / Darkmoon hits around level 60? This is ridiculous. I wouldn't even care except one of the spells I want is hidden behind 30 of these tokens and I just don't see how anyone could possibly end up with that many. There is an enemy that supposedly drops the covenant item, but I've killed 20 of them with the gold serpent ring equipped and haven't seen a single one so uhhh

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I was intent on killing the beer I have left in the fridge tonight but I dont think I'm gonna have a choice. After trying Nameless King surely at least 15 times, I realized the enemy right in front of you as you are on the short trot from the bonfire to the gate is a one hit easy kill, and a good way to lend some perspective to how many attempts this is taking me. Its good for 2400 souls, I've amassed 30k already. Come watch me suffer

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
You aren't the only one, dude is whupping my rear end. I get phase one down no problem but his delays throw me off and I eat the punishment when I roll too early.

I'm leaving that boss after I kill the second to last boss.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Anyone else getting the INVALID DATA message when starting the game? I'm on PC, but I don't even use trainers or any cheat tools. I only used ds4windows and Borderless gaming as far as third party software is concerned.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

MohShuvuu posted:

Anyone else getting the INVALID DATA message when starting the game? I'm on PC, but I don't even use trainers or any cheat tools. I only used ds4windows and Borderless gaming as far as third party software is concerned.

Does it still happen when you have DS4Windows and Borderless gaming turned off?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Toiwat posted:

Wait, how would one even get stuck at Firelink, there's literally just one thing to do when you first get there.

I actually spent 20-30 minutes wandering around firelink because the prompt didn't immediately pop up when I checked out the lord vessel. I want to say this game requires you to be standing still for that prompt to show up but I might be a big idiot and don't feel like making a new character to test it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Toiwat posted:

Wait, how would one even get stuck at Firelink, there's literally just one thing to do when you first get there.

playing bloodborne made me do it fairly early after realising there was nowhere else ot go. nowhere near as bad as finding the monumental in demon souls that after checking a guide i had to watch an actual video of since i repeatedly ran past it

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I'm up to 36 tongues. I've hardly progressed since I got the full red eye orb!!

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
Feels like home, yes

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I thought I was doing really well last night running around the Road of Sacrifices while embered. Took out 3 red phantoms, then summoned a bro to help me explore. Every time a watchdog showed up we would just both sit down and toast them. They'd toast back. Then eventually a bunch of his buddies showed up and we got flattened :smith:

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

argondamn posted:

I actually spent 20-30 minutes wandering around firelink because the prompt didn't immediately pop up when I checked out the lord vessel. I want to say this game requires you to be standing still for that prompt to show up but I might be a big idiot and don't feel like making a new character to test it.

Same.

I also spent over an hour wandering around the swamp and walking right past the "off switches" for the fire towers MULTIPLE times.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

poptart_fairy posted:

I really liked that fight too, I think it's a tie between him and Nameless King for my favourite DS3 boss

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Emalde posted:

You quoted my post about hexing tools so I listed off the three best miracle hexes, sorry :v:

It's cool, I mean I'm going to go down that path anyway that means sunless talisman and dark weapon enchants right? Or is it worth getting the dark weapon buff?

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Internet Kraken posted:

The room with the two rat dogs in Irthyll :stonk:

Possibly the least fun 'boss' I have ever fought in a souls game since they have a couple of attacks which are effectively impossible to avoid if both of them decide to attack at the same time and one of those was 1 shotting me with 1000 hp. I didn't even feel any achivement for killing them since it just came down to "don't get bullshit death charged enough times that you can kill one of them"

It amuses me that people bitched a ton about the twin pursuers fight but that was much less random, it was totally possible to beat them without getting hit through patient play, the dogs are completely hit or miss based on how assholish the RNG is feeling.

I'm also hella sad that doing super cool fun auto invasion covenents gets me exactly gently caress and poo poo rewards that I actually want, bring back bellbros please.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Shindragon posted:

You aren't the only one, dude is whupping my rear end. I get phase one down no problem but his delays throw me off and I eat the punishment when I roll too early.

I'm leaving that boss after I kill the second to last boss.

I had to summon a helper for him, and even then he would randomly switch targets in phase two making it pretty difficult to predict when to punish.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Is there a chance this game is raising the temperature on my I5-3570k to really high levels? Anything I can do to mitigate that?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

To go back to the early talk about catalysts, I don't have a single one that improves the spell modifier by reinforcement; just their physical damage. So you just shouldn't bother doing so unless you have high enough stats for the adjustment to scaling to matter this time?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

To go back to the early talk about catalysts, I don't have a single one that improves the spell modifier by reinforcement; just their physical damage. So you just shouldn't bother doing so unless you have high enough stats for the adjustment to scaling to matter this time?

That's what makes sense to me. Once you notice that the Spell Buff is increasing when you preview the reinforcement (because the scaling is increasing), that's when you start reinforcing.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Remember when they made the bellbros give out titanite as an incentive for people to both join and fight them?

Wonder why they didn't do that here.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Internet Kraken posted:

Remember when they made the bellbros give out titanite as an incentive for people to both join and fight them?

Do you remember when the bellbros were always AFK, waiting that they get summoned and then hoping something kills the host and they get titanite chunks.

Did they ever address that?

EDIT:

I always wondered why they never moved or attacked and then I read about the titanite chunk farming.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

If a monster that doesn't respawn drops a ring (Aldrich's Ruby) and I didn't pick it up, is it impossible to get until NG+?

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Did you go back and look where the monster was?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm practicing my rolls on Pontiff and I gotta say delayed rolls are what's killing me at least 50% of the time. It hasn't been that apparent in the rest of the game, but since he attacks so drat quickly it both 1) shows up more often since you're juggling multiple actions at once and 2) probably kills you when it happens :(

Also on my last death I died so hard that DS3 just crashed. Infinite loading screen, had to kill the process :darksouls:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

turtlecrunch posted:

Did you go back and look where the monster was?

Yeah, I can't find anything though. Back when I originally fought it, it clipped through a wall and I killed it so I didn't realise it had dropped anything. It's the spider dog thing at Anor Londo

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I did it! I killed the aforementioned fucker. Proudest moment for me in the series. I wasn't even embered. And now its off to the final boss...at level 91. Ooops

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Internet Kraken posted:

Miyazaki hates online. look at how broken it is after DS2

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Enjoying the Katana.

Makes me really wish this game had clothing dye, though, so I could cosplaysouls as the Bride from Kill Bill.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Stormgale posted:

It's cool, I mean I'm going to go down that path anyway that means sunless talisman and dark weapon enchants right? Or is it worth getting the dark weapon buff?

If you're going full on att/int/fth mage, chaos/dark infuse. If you're just splashing stats, use the enchants.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Azran posted:

Is there a chance this game is raising the temperature on my I5-3570k to really high levels? Anything I can do to mitigate that?

Is it overclocked? Try setting a frame rate limit, the game is capped to render at 60 but putting an additional cap of 60 or maybe 59 could potentially help.

Also no joke, buy a can of air and blast it in your cpu fan, that's the best thing you can do. They get really dusty fast and it kills the ability for them to transfer heat.

Download RealTemp and run it in the background while you play, and then check it every so often to see what the current and highest levels are, and how close they are to your max safe temp.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
So I'm wondering, is there any way to actually get to the bridge dragon in Lothric? I went back for the Red Eye Orb quest and figured hey, I can take it down! But I couldn't find any way to actually get up there, nor any way to coax it down. I could plink it down with arrows, but I don't want to kill it just to have it drop something i can't reach...

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Insurrectionist posted:

So I'm wondering, is there any way to actually get to the bridge dragon in Lothric? I went back for the Red Eye Orb quest and figured hey, I can take it down! But I couldn't find any way to actually get up there, nor any way to coax it down. I could plink it down with arrows, but I don't want to kill it just to have it drop something i can't reach...

After "plinking" it for a while, it flies away when its almost dead, and you get an item automatically.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

codo27 posted:

After "plinking" it for a while, it flies away when its almost dead, and you get an item automatically.

Ah, okay. Sounds good to me!

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Emalde posted:

If you're going full on att/int/fth mage, chaos/dark infuse. If you're just splashing stats, use the enchants.

Full on being 50+ in int/faith right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4epqfj/our_last_summoning/

this was sad as gently caress