Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Christmas Cake posted:

Vendor exclusive DLC is rude. I hope this is at least an indication of the accessories this time around. Past games have too many accessories that fit weird, have clipping issues, or are just gags to begin with.

Yeah, it does look pretty good in that respect. I love this video though that's really their own fault for allowing hand accessories when they were already doing something special with the hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
They for sure need to keep the drill though.

Christmas Cake
Dec 25, 2008

Zettace posted:

They for sure need to keep the drill though.

Of course. Gag options are important. I just think it would be nice if there were more acceptable serious business accessories. Personally, I've been waiting for them to bring variety animal back for years.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
please bring back the Puchi accessories. I want to have Yayoi and Yayo and a 10 yen coin.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Nico is the best, that's why there are more images of her posted on ADTRW than of any other girl, Love Live or otherwise.

X

isn't that just cuz of you

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Polsy posted:

also good whiteboard this week

Hm, I guess only the bottom bit changes? Mine's been a lottery all week, but monday had a hosed up cat and today's a hosed up shoe.

These are pretty funny, except for the mass of people who use what I assume is the default dude. I like this one, because it makes me think of the thunderbirds

Also because it seems to be the only one on that page that somehow isn't a proper paperdoll.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Hm, I guess only the bottom bit changes? Mine's been a lottery all week, but monday had a hosed up cat and today's a hosed up shoe.

Yeah, the top line is fixed for the week, then the bottom-right corner is as far as I know completely randomly selected daily.

Zenostein posted:

Also because it seems to be the only one on that page that somehow isn't a proper paperdoll.

I don't even know how you do that, maybe it's a pay option

Polsy fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Apr 14, 2016

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

https://twitter.com/CINDERELLAGlRLS/status/720691245459316736

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

what are those presumably from cinderella girls screenshots supposed to be

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Futaba Anzu posted:

what are those presumably from cinderella girls screenshots supposed to be

During that event you have to "fight" two players' teams before you proceed to the main idol fight, and you get to see the teams they have set when you do that.

(you don't fight them in any kind of PvP sense, you just get shown their team and you have to spend enough event tokens to ensure your power > theirs)

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:/ if that wasn't an ak I could've said snipermamu and now I'm sorta sad

Polsy posted:

During that event you have to "fight" two players' teams before you proceed to the main idol fight, and you get to see the teams they have set when you do that.

(you don't fight them in any kind of PvP sense, you just get shown their team and you have to spend enough event tokens to ensure your power > theirs)

Really, it doesn't run on HP/'atk', but on tokens?

Reminds me of this one confusing type of battle event in tokyo 7th sisters. You have 9 person set and you pick three of that to go against three of the other side, only then bonuses get applied and one side ends up with like 17k hp and somehow loses anyway because I have no idea how the math works out.

Mobage fighting systems are kinda awful.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Really, it doesn't run on HP/'atk', but on tokens?

It's both. You'll get a screen like the below and then you can spend between 1 and 5 tokens to use between 80% and 300% of your power.

Zenostein posted:

Reminds me of this one confusing type of battle event in tokyo 7th sisters. You have 9 person set and you pick three of that to go against three of the other side, only then bonuses get applied and one side ends up with like 17k hp and somehow loses anyway because I have no idea how the math works out.

Mobage fighting systems are kinda awful.

But you can still lose if you hit the 100% button when you have 260k and they have 240k so it's not an exact science

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Polsy posted:

It's both. You'll get a screen like the below and then you can spend between 1 and 5 tokens to use between 80% and 300% of your power.

But you can still lose if you hit the 100% button when you have 260k and they have 240k so it's not an exact science

Spend recharging event-play `tokens,' you get 3 max. Then play a stage against a person. 1 Token is 100% score, 2 is 150%, 3 is 200%. Only because it's a regular rhythm stage, even if your center is massively more powerful, the math can still totally dick you, besides your own inability to push button. Although I guess losing because it's your own fault, rather than an invisible rng is preferable.

Although Tokyo 7th does have the one event where you just fight Ai single-person units in uh, not-rap-battles, which is pretty good because you don't need headphones. And they only sometimes throw a boss at you with like 300 million HP (you have to call friends to hope to beat that). But they also have an event that adds effects to the rhythm section, like slow notes, or jumbling the colors (used in place of symbols for holds/doubles). One of those special note effects is just straight-up replacing the song you picked with the event song, which is pretty nice.

Too bad it's basically a jumble of various mobage and replacing bits of it every couple of years is just confusing, rather than helpful.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Ah, some of that sounds kind of interesting, but some of it not so much

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Yeah, it's got cool poo poo mixed in with "wait, you expect me to 'search' this area to find items, then fight other people for the remaining items to make another idol?"

That plus there's two staminas, but one doesn't matter very much except for one event, since the story sections don't require you to wander around scouting anymore. Although that used to be a pretty good way to make money, which you need a fuckton of. Also you never get stars, so lol if you wanted do do gatcha pulls without paying a bunch.

It's a very 2014 mobage, which also incidentally has a rhythm game. Music's nice though.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Skwee posted:

isn't that just cuz of you

:thejoke:

Christmas Cake
Dec 25, 2008

I'd like to get into Tokyo 7th for the idols and setting but it's way too mobage for me. Hopefully they'll do a regular game or TV series or something. The manager is kind of great from what I've seen.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

http://gematsu.com/2016/04/idolmaster-korean-drama-announced
uh oh

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Christmas Cake posted:

I'd like to get into Tokyo 7th for the idols and setting but it's way too mobage for me. Hopefully they'll do a regular game or TV series or something. The manager is kind of great from what I've seen.

This manager, you mean?

She's pretty funny, yeah.

It's kinda weird in that it has a "story," in the sense that say, the im@s games do; it took me a while to remember that she's also a manager (ジャネマ, as she insists, so I'd actually forgotten), since you're a manager/producer (shihainin), taking over for the old one, who exists for episode 0 and then fucks off. But besides fishing up all these idols and their own little storylines there's ostensibly an overarching plot. However, I feel like at least part of it is hidden behind the obvious mobage "this episode can only be unlocked during this event" sort of thing, or behind additional "battles" and things like that*.

That said, after my uh "forced reroll" (because of course the "gently caress it, start over" button is on the title screen lol) I'm pretty sure I have more golds than I did from the first time (still no platinums, though), and probably because I was blazing through the story, it felt like I got a ton of scouting tickets, which sorta but don't really make up for not getting stars for really anything. So in some mechanics, it's a shining example of a mobage, but then parts of it feel like a normal game, or at least like they were aiming for one. It's kinda weird.

As for animated stuff, there's the game's OP, and I think that's it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sscouCZ9puo

I could've sworn there was something else, but I can't seem to find it. I did find a youtube channel where they're translating the various story episodes, so that's nice. The wiki only has a few sections of a few stories translated. Too bad "video form" is a terrible way to read something…

*This is only sorta true now. It seems during their 'lets just change a bunch of poo poo around' move, they did put in all of the stories, even event stuff. But, some are unlocked the way they were before, via stage battles/max affection/etc.. Some things are locked behind "episode keys," which you get from events. And I think if you have none you can use friend points to unlock them too. At least it's kind enough to tell you who you have to beat to unlock things.

Also, it's super funny that they just plonked it into the US App Store, with 0 English text (unless you're counting random bits of Japanese English), and that's fine. I'm actually a little surprised they were allowed to.

Also,

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

the gameplay in tokyo 7th is some 2 button garbage why would you want to play it

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

I kinda like being able to tap anywhere on either half of the screen. It's just a shame about the beatmaps, especially on hard. Half of them are just "hey, what if I just copy/pasted this passage and then compressed it down into a half that space?"

Still better than the original rhythm game, which was apparently an OSU knockoff.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Things I have learned today.

The 27th ED of Bleach is called Aoi Tori.
The 27th ED of Bleach has more views on YouTube than iM@S Aoi Tori.
The MC of the Horizon series is called Aoi Tori.
There is a Japanese bakery in Korea called Aoi Tori.
I want to go to Aoi Tori the bakery.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Also, it's super funny that they just plonked it into the US App Store, with 0 English text (unless you're counting random bits of Japanese English), and that's fine. I'm actually a little surprised they were allowed to.

I was looking through the Apple rules for 'must actually be readable in the language for the store(s) you're distributing to' but it doesn't seem to be there. I guess they could fail it under 'unusable UI' if they really wanted.

Futaba Anzu posted:

the gameplay in tokyo 7th is some 2 button garbage why would you want to play it

Shiny Festa is good.

Christmas Cake
Dec 25, 2008

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

The 27th ED of Bleach is called Aoi Tori.
The 27th ED of Bleach has more views on YouTube than iM@S Aoi Tori.

Would be horrifying if not for the fact that Columbia periodically purges Youtube of all iM@S music.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

There is a Japanese bakery in Korea called Aoi Tori.
I want to go to Aoi Tori the bakery.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Tragically, spitting Haruka station into google just got me Haruka's station. Apparently it's 70km from Tokyo station!

Polsy posted:

I was looking through the Apple rules for 'must actually be readable in the language for the store(s) you're distributing to' but it doesn't seem to be there. I guess they could fail it under 'unusable UI' if they really wanted.

Shiny Festa is good.

To be honest, I didn't expect it to be an actual rule, but more of a common-sense kind of thing.

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Apr 15, 2016

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Christmas Cake posted:

Would be horrifying if not for the fact that Columbia periodically purges Youtube of all iM@S music.

All my stuff is still up, at least (outside the US). I'm sure they're enjoying those sweet ad bucks on my 20-view videos. Actually my extremely generic 'I recorded GO MY WAY without pushing any camera buttons' video has 266 somehow.

Zenostein posted:

To be honest, I didn't expect it to be an actual rule, but more of a common-sense kind of thing.

Well, you usually have to make these things rules or people get all 'WELL YOU DIDN'T SAY'

- Apps that crash will be rejected
- Apps that do not perform as advertised by the developer will be rejected
- Apps that are simply a song or movie should be submitted to the iTunes store. Apps that are simply a book should be submitted to the iBooks Store
- Apps that transmit viruses, files, computer code, or programs that may harm or disrupt the normal operation of the Game Center service will be rejected (I'm not sure why this is separately under Game Center and Push Notifications rather than a general rule)

Polsy fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Apr 15, 2016

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

https://twitter.com/riglost/status/710814791590260736

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

This is wonderful and horrifying in equal measure :stonklol:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

me when I'm doing pushups, but I recommend not using oxfords

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I hope that Aquors gets away from the simple pop stuff Muse did, I'd love for them to have a long concept album, like Echoes or Thick as a Brick

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Polsy posted:

All my stuff is still up, at least (outside the US). I'm sure they're enjoying those sweet ad bucks on my 20-view videos. Actually my extremely generic 'I recorded GO MY WAY without pushing any camera buttons' video has 266 somehow.

Well, you usually have to make these things rules or people get all 'WELL YOU DIDN'T SAY'

- Apps that crash will be rejected
- Apps that do not perform as advertised by the developer will be rejected
- Apps that are simply a song or movie should be submitted to the iTunes store. Apps that are simply a book should be submitted to the iBooks Store
- Apps that transmit viruses, files, computer code, or programs that may harm or disrupt the normal operation of the Game Center service will be rejected (I'm not sure why this is separately under Game Center and Push Notifications rather than a general rule)

Must preserve the sanctity of game center. Although really, the only good part of game center is it calling me zenosteinさん when I start up SS, because I think that's hilarious.

But also because if you disallow any app that transmits ``viruses, files, computer code…'' you kinda exclude every email program, anything that can open ms-office documents, dropbox\google drive\onedrive\&c.. So that's no good.

boom boom boom posted:

I hope that Aquors gets away from the simple pop stuff Muse did, I'd love for them to have a long concept album, like Echoes or Thick as a Brick

As amusing as jazz fusion anime idols would be, that's pretty unlikely, I think.

Which is a shame, because that sounds kinda promising.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

:eyepop:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

i'll fuckin fight you starlight stage

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
I think I'm missing something.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
got a clarice in event slot that isn't event clarice.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Skwee posted:

i'll fuckin fight you starlight stage

That's amazing.

e. hehe 69

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Another 10-pull, another lack of SSR. I see Starlight Stage is testing me. My consolation SR this time was

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Zenostein posted:

That's amazing.

e. hehe 69

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
got 15 star clarice, although i bought 3 of them. Hopefully future caravans will be easier now. Once i've got a 15* of each color it's time for ultimate skill up card farm