Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i liked the part(s) where luke cage and jessica jones banged. The whole show should just be them banging like superheroes in places, breaking stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Zzulu posted:

i liked the part(s) where luke cage and jessica jones banged. The whole show should just be them banging like superheroes in places, breaking stuff

Best use of his goony catch phrase.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
Is Jessica Jones's power breaking locks because they really liked showing us how many locks she could break.

I agree that the show got really bad. I was enjoying up until naughty Dr Who bought that house and then it got incredibly stupid and slow.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

frozenpeas posted:

Is Jessica Jones's power breaking locks because they really liked showing us how many locks she could break.

She's strong

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Wheeee posted:

Honestly though, after the fan receptions of 300, Watchmen, Man of Steel, and now Batman vs Superman, I think Snyder needs to face the reality that if he wants to make movies with heavy elements of satire which question underlying philosophical assumptions of the audience that comic book IPs are probably not the place to do it as the primary audience of these movies is evidently not interested.

Sir Kodiak posted:

It's only become a richer field to mine as they've grown in prominence, so who gives a poo poo what the primary audience thinks.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

He's fracking the genre

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

many johnnys posted:

She's strong

also cheaper but then again the show really wasn't about superpowers

and the house scene in JJ was the best part in all its creepy glory

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

the house scenes were great and the second half of the season had some great moments, but it suffered a lot from the decision to hinge the entire season on the Purple Man storyline and nothing but the Purple Man storyline (or at least the way the chose to approach the storyline)

they just went to the same well too many times without resolving anything, and there weren't interesting B blots unrelated to the main story, so even when you liked what they were doing in individual scenes it just felt like the story wasn't progressing and indeed couldn't progress until the final episodes

they'd have been much better off adding some more normal JJ sleuthing with hints that the Purple Man was creeping around at the start of the season or having an apparent but false resolution to the Purple Man storyline near the midpoint before he came back in the last few episodes

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The b-plots were jessica banging luke and Trinity from the matrix having troubles with her girlfriends

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
oh yeah and policeguy roidraging

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The "B plot" is Jessica Jones' broken door.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

I'd imagine the studio cares....

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

I'd imagine the studio cares....

If the audience isn't good enough for Zaack Snyder's movies, gently caress the audience.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
the bee plot is that barry b. benson, a bee just graduated from college, is disillusioned at his lone career choice: making honey. on a special trip outside the hive, barry's life is saved by vanessa, a florist in new york city. as their relationship blossoms, he discovers humans actually eat honey, and subsequently decides to sue them. starring jerry seinfeld and renee zellwaggler

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Making Van Der Beek's failed career as B plot would have been so much better.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Zzulu posted:

I wished multiple times that Jessica Jones would bang me

Also b v s is still bad

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Jar of piss sequel when?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

EorayMel posted:

Jar of piss sequel when?

Suicide Squad's out in like a month dude.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I don't think it will have an actual jar of piss.

I will not go.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Suicide Squad has two characters going swimming in a giant vat of what looks like raw sewerage

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

whatever7 posted:

Making Van Der Beek's failed career as B plot would have been so much better.

I miss Don't Trust the B--- in Apartment 23 too :(

a good show that was saddled with a terrible name and gone too soon

I still think it was JVDB's best work

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Suicide Squad has two characters going swimming in a giant vat of what looks like raw sewerage

Thats just the joker's enormous vat of split pea soup.

you know like he has in the comics?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Rare Collectable posted:

Thats just Jared Leto's personal enormous vat of split pea soup.

you know like the Joker has in the comics?

Fixed that for you.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Rutibex posted:

i'd watch a Jubilee movie
:reject::respek::reject:

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

whatever7 posted:

There is no way Wonder Women doesn't suck. It has Carwoman 2 written all over it.

Hey now, it's unfair to compare this to Catwoman.

Catwoman was hilarious (if on accident), this looks boring!

Otisburg posted:

And LMAO at this "fanboy" tribalsm poo poo. I'll watch your superhero movie if it's good, and I fukkin grew up adoring superman and any decent treatment of the character in a well-put together movie would be so my poo poo. I didn't dislike BvS because of the studio logo that played for 5 seconds before the film started, I disliked it because it was goddamn awful and unpleasant to watch.

Here's the thing: These DC fan people look at audiences going "Oh Marvel movies can be pretty good but DC films are poo poo," and they immediately revert back to MARVEL VS DC die-hard stupid comic fandom.

They don't stop to realize DC movies suck not entirely because of the IP but because DC are a bunch of loving idiots, and their movie division is just the worst. They don't want to admit all these "Marvel fans" were perfectly happy to rave about The Dark Knight because it was a good movie, not a loving brand issue.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Apr 15, 2016

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The shot this in Flint, Michigan?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
My girlfriend is an MMA fighter. One time, we were fooling around and then she put her legs around my throat and choked me out. As I was fading, I finally understood david carradine and I got hard as a rock and just started cumming buckets everywhere right before passing out

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Zzulu posted:

My girlfriend is an MMA fighter. One time, we were fooling around and then she put her legs around my throat and choked me out. As I was fading, I finally understood david carradine and I got hard as a rock and just started cumming buckets everywhere right before passing out

Same, but from future me.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Thank you for your story.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Rutibex posted:

i'd watch a Jubilee movie

Shes chinese??? I guess the animated series whitewashed her. So what would the movie be about? Getting into a good college? Also, her powers are raciss.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

If the audience isn't good enough for Zaack Snyder's movies, gently caress the audience.

I also like the level of Barthes-absurdity such that they'll claim Snyder's work is satire even though there's zero indication that anyone involved in any of those films were attempting to do satire (aside from Alan Moore).

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It's very clearly not satire, that is why it is so obviously satire

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Zzulu posted:

You are now a blue belt in ju-jizztu.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Shaocaholica posted:

Shes chinese??? I guess the animated series whitewashed her. So what would the movie be about? Getting into a good college? Also, her powers are raciss.

i donno, i figure it would be something like that, a college movie with super heros. you know, a light hearted funny movie like Antman.

maybe Dr. Doom is her history professor :shrug:

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Harry Potter with young superheroes. Jubilee was my favorite X-Man on the cartoon because she wasn't an overpowered rear end in a top hat. She actually needed to be part of a team, you know?

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

Pvt.Scott posted:

Harry Potter with young superheroes. Jubilee was my favorite X-Man on the cartoon because she wasn't an overpowered rear end in a top hat. She actually needed to be part of a team, you know?

Yeah not having really read comics much before, I always wondered what exactly stops people like Cyclops from just soloing everything. All he has to do is look at things and they explode. I prefer the less powerful characters too because their conflicts actually seem credible.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Ghost Head posted:

Yeah not having really read comics much before, I always wondered what exactly stops people like Cyclops from just soloing everything. All he has to do is look at things and they explode. I prefer the less powerful characters too because their conflicts actually seem credible.

Well, if they're smart, they do research that Cyclops' blasts don't effect him or his brother, and that ruby quartz reflects it with no damage. So, either they get his brother to fight him or make ruby quartz armor and coatings, like what Cameron Hodge did with his army of Smileyface power-armored troops.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Ghost Head posted:

they aren't laser beams, they're beams of kinetic force. Basically he can punch anything he can see. It's a good power, but it's hardly overpowered

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

they aren't laser beams, they're beams of kinetic force. Basically he can punch anything he can see. It's a good power, but it's hardly overpowered
In the movies he looks at poo poo and laser beams come out and poo poo goes blooie. I don't care what the comics or the cartoon or the supplemental novel say about it, if it's not clear in the movie, it's not clear in the movie universe. Same thing for loving Star Wars or any other bullshit. I like the nerdy stuff, but I try to treat movies with surrounding garbage that 99% of the audience don't give a gently caress about as if I were my grandmother watching this poo poo. That's part of the reason B v S sucks so hard. There's so little context and establishment for every scene that it's just a jumbled mess of trailer shots and boring dialogue scenes.

Do the movies bring up any of this brother or ruby poo poo? I honestly don't remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Pvt.Scott posted:

Do the movies bring up any of this brother or ruby poo poo? I honestly don't remember.

I'm not sure, but ruby quartz is what his glasses and visor's optical elements are made of, so if it's not said, then it's implied, since we know those keep him from blowing everything he sees away. So, it could easily be said that a villain made a set of body armor coated in the same stuff that makes up Cyclops' visor.

I know Havoc does show up in First Class but him and Cyclops don't seem to share screen time at any point.

• Locked thread