Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Linnaeus posted:

Maybe it doesn't have technician

why bother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

why live

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011
I hope sometime in the future they stop making redundant items. I don't want to carry 60+ rocks labeled [Poke]icite.

Imagine just having a Mega Stone X and a Mega Stone Y that works with all pokemon that mega evolve. Or imagine Everstone and Eviolite being the same item. A lot of items could really just be fused together with no ill effects (Like Toxic Orb and Black Sludge).

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Linnaeus posted:

Maybe it doesn't have technician

Nah I'm just dumb, I meant Rock Tomb.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Ice_Mallet posted:

I hope sometime in the future they stop making redundant items. I don't want to carry 60+ rocks labeled [Poke]icite.

Imagine just having a Mega Stone X and a Mega Stone Y that works with all pokemon that mega evolve. Or imagine Everstone and Eviolite being the same item. A lot of items could really just be fused together with no ill effects (Like Toxic Orb and Black Sludge).

Considering that you can only use one Mega at a time, it makes no sense to make one for each individual Pokemon. Why not just make one, but make the player do something to unlock its power for the species. Its effectively the same, but now you don't need to clog your inventory.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
You can only mega evolve the ones you have given enough poke puffs to

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011

Geostomp posted:

Considering that you can only use one Mega at a time, it makes no sense to make one for each individual Pokemon. Why not just make one, but make the player do something to unlock its power for the species. Its effectively the same, but now you don't need to clog your inventory.

I meant just one Mega Stone X and Y that works for every pokemon, not a X and Y Stone for every pokemon so yeah I agree with you.

Sorry If I made that sound confusing.

I don't think you really even need X and Y stones since the different forms usually are better when utilizing different movesets but I'm sure somebody can think up an argument for it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

im a boy

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

congrats

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Narciss posted:

It's pretty funny how poorly these games aged:

...yikes, Nintendo

cool post brigade

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Countblanc posted:

The most handsome poke is canonically sawk

So is the gi part of his body or is there a warehouse full of Sawk and Throh sized uniforms in different regions?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Parrotine posted:

So is the gi part of his body or is there a warehouse full of Sawk and Throh sized uniforms in different regions?

It's a part of his body, you can see how it fuses at the ankles.

Theta Zero posted:

You do realize that Pokemon are supposed to be like animals that are normally not intelligent enough to have this sort of self introspection, right?

Intelligent enough to understand human speech and sometimes speak back but not be sentient? Someone has to go visit the Canalave library!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The Glumslinger posted:

I assumed it was the lack of anti-aliasing

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

It's a part of his body, you can see how it fuses at the ankles.

That is horrifying

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Kinda weird to think about but Hitmonchan's skin is shaped and colored like a tutu, and his hands are the shape and density of boxing gloves.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

what about jynx/meloetta/machamp

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

I'm a ditto

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I'm more confused by Pokemon like Cubone, the Timbur line, and other pokemon that have items. Are THOSE are part of their body? If not, why are only they allowed to use weapons? Also if not, how are the items being put into pokeballs?

I'm supposed to be studying for finals right now goddamnit.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Emalde posted:

cool post brigade

Please sign my petition to end sex-selective garbaging of Raltses and Gothitas everywhere.
For real I'd love for them to remodel male Gardevoir with an Aladdin Sane haircut. That's all it needs.

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011
When it comes to pokemon that somehow grow clothes, I just like to think of it like sheep wool or something. The idea that the "cloth" could potentially have nerves (Like Sylveon) is gross and I don't even want to think about it.

If not, why are only they allowed to use weapons?
All pokemon are allowed to use weapons. That's what the move Fling is for.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I'm more confused by Pokemon like Cubone, the Timbur line, and other pokemon that have items. Are THOSE are part of their body? If not, why are only they allowed to use weapons? Also if not, how are the items being put into pokeballs?

Somebody hasn't read enough creepypastas to understand Cubone.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I identify as a Machamp. Girls just can't get enough of my muscles.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

I identify as a Machamp. Girls just can't get enough of my muscles.

im the girl trying to get machamps dick out

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Ruggington posted:

im the girl trying to get machamps dick out

do you think he's um. "krogan-esque" :blush:

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
It's kind of weird being taken in with a Machamp you knew as a Machop

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Urgh, don't you know anything? These pokemon are allowed by pokemon league law to carry those items.

The "clothed" pokemon are like the twins from sam&max hit the road and their skin is naturally cloth-like.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Trainer Tip: If you want a Pokemon that knows how to party and have a real good time, consider a Staryu or Starmie!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

me 2 but i always choose girl cuz they always have the better design

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

me 2 but i always choose girl cuz they always have the better design

:yeah:

I do like brendan's hat though so I alternate

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i play as a girl in fire emblem sometimes and mass effect too and dragon's dogma and probably other things if I think about it. not in pokemon though

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Which pokemon is the pokemon equivalent of infowars?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Porygon Z?

Exploud would be a good second place

Dehry fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Apr 16, 2016

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Drifloons fart chemtrails

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Drifloons fart chemtrails

I mean, same

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

It's a part of his body

Doesn't either Sawk or Throh have a pokedex entry saying they knit their gis from vines? I mean it's still implausible but at least less weird than having gi-skin.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Cuckoo posted:

Doesn't either Sawk or Throh have a pokedex entry saying they knit their gis from vines? I mean it's still implausible but at least less weird than having gi-skin.

That was Throh's in Black, X, and Omega Ruby.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Sawk and Throh have gi-patterned skin, their belts are their only clothes and they make them themselves.

Lotta people itt I can only assume get freaked out by cat socks.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I'm not among those who finds their skin disturbing, but I am more curious about the logistics of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

do people breed sawk and throh and skin them for their gi? thats what i want to know

all these karate themed trainers wearing pokemon-skin gi outfits

• Locked thread