Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Another way to quickly navigate through deep water is to backstep. You go full speed lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

beepstreet posted:

Another way to quickly navigate through deep water is to backstep. You go full speed lol

ahh, they took notes from ocarina of time too

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

I.N.R.I posted:

im literally on the last boss right now and im still only sl 78. i dont think i lost a single soul pile either

the only ones i lost were small when i was trying to get the lava items in demon ruins

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

a Loving Dog posted:

the only ones i lost were small when i was trying to get the lava items in demon ruins

soul count across the board seems tiny outside of boss kills in NG which I am liking

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I killed the big fellas in the Cathedral. Trying to decide what I want to upgrade.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

watchdogs is taking a while between summons

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

is there a way to enable the sound playing in the back when you tab out? dks2 did this and it was the best when waiting for summons

they disabled the controller rumble when invading/invaded/summoned which is god drat stupid lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

watchdogs is taking a while between summons

You need to have a pretty low level + weapon level.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I'm still in crab swamp because I've been invading so much.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

soul count across the board seems tiny outside of boss kills in NG which I am liking

you start getting good chunks of souls in later levels from regular enemies, like a lot of them where i am drop 900-1800

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the endgame enemies drop 3k~6k souls each and you can stack several items that increase soul gain

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

but yeah, they severely limit your souls and titanite until you reach that point. i think i posted it before but i actually really like that lol keeps the game well balanced around your abilities. forces you to get better at the game instead of thinking "i should just grind until im stronger"

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Bobnumerotres posted:

so, some people were asking about the plat trophy, and i just confirmed it requires pretty much beating NG+2. one the final bosses has a soul that can be used for 3 different things lol

dark souls 2 required you to get to ng+3 so yeah

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

In Training posted:

I remember now why my first ds2 character took like 70 hours and why my ds3 one will too. In my first playthrough I maxed out rat covenant, sunlight covenant, bell keepers and dragon pvp, lol. Every time I find a neat covenant I just end up doing online stuff for 6 hours

same

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

on the bright side with plat stuff, theres no completely loving crazy japanese covenant requirements like 500 invasion wins or anything. from what ive seen the covenants need 30 items for max rank each, and you can even get those items to drop from certain enemies if you dont have internet or something

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
the poison swamp is some grade a bullshit, but then i found a tower and an elevator and suddenly things were alright again

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Bobnumerotres posted:

on the bright side with plat stuff, theres no completely loving crazy japanese covenant requirements like 500 invasion wins or anything. from what ive seen the covenants need 30 items for max rank each, and you can even get those items to drop from certain enemies if you dont have internet or something

i dont think theres a trophy for maxing them out. ive maxed out 4 now

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

a Loving Dog posted:

i dont think theres a trophy for maxing them out. ive maxed out 4 now

there are items and spells that are behind maxing out covs that you need for the plat, like great lightning spear

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I upgraded my hollowslayer great sword to +1 and I feel OP now.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i hope the agreed endgame level is 120 instead of 99 because i feel kind of underpowered lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

You need to have a pretty low level + weapon level.

Wait, weapon level is now part of the summoning calc? That's kinda gay.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

If you got the spear with the curse tree soul your loving doing it wrong.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

It's kind of gay but it also completely shuts down twinking it would seem.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

If you got the spear with the curse tree soul your loving doing it wrong.

You can do whatever you want

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

its good. im glad i had good invasions instead of being trounced by an sl1 guy with a +10 lightning mace or something

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

It's kind of gay but it also completely shuts down twinking it would seem.

who gives a poo poo about twinking, if you can get a bunch of end game gear at low SL you should be able to pvp with it. That's why everyone hated soul memory...

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I believe the highest level weapon in your entire inventory determines your range. so you have a +10 fuckawesome sword but you're using a level 1 rapier you're still put into the +10 range weight class which is suspect.. but hell its no soul memory.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's worse because they don't even tell you about it. How would I know except to read about that online. Annoying

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

If you want to watchdog you shouldn't have anything higher than +4 for now, is what I'm hearing.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

But I also only have a +4 weapon and level 33. So it shouldn't be an issue. Just odd that they would have something like that without spelling it out

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

who gives a poo poo about twinking, if you can get a bunch of end game gear at low SL you should be able to pvp with it. That's why everyone hated soul memory...

that would be loving stupid imo. if youve been through the game before you know where to go and what to hit up for upgrade materials. you can run past basically everything but the bosses, and if you know their attacks by heart some extra HP isnt going to make a difference in how hard they are. dickwraiths are bad and i like this system

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

its good. im glad i had good invasions instead of being trounced by an sl1 guy with a +10 lightning mace or something

That guy beat 90% of the game for a +10 weapon at sl1 so he should have the right to one shot your pansy rear end.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i beat the game. all of the bosses pwn. the tree and the deacons are my least favourite, my favourite was the pontiff, the last boss, lothric, the abyss watchers and the dancer and the rest of the bosses

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

But I also only have a +4 weapon and level 33. So it shouldn't be an issue. Just odd that they would have something like that without spelling it out

You're probably just above the soft cutoff where most people playing the game at your levels aren't in that area. Try storing your +4 weapon in a bottomless box and try again

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

that would be loving stupid imo. if youve been through the game before you know where to go and what to hit up for upgrade materials. you can run past basically everything but the bosses, and if you know their attacks by heart some extra HP isnt going to make a difference in how hard they are. dickwraiths are bad and i like this system

I think all that stuff was win.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

You're probably just above the soft cutoff where most people playing the game at your levels aren't in that area. Try storing your +4 weapon in a bottomless box and try again

But this is the weapon I like using.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My +4 weapon does less damage than my +0 boss weapon that I got for killing a boss 5 hours ago. Nice system.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

But this is the weapon I like using.

Tell it to the judge.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

That guy beat 90% of the game for a +10 weapon at sl1 so he should have the right to one shot your pansy rear end.

agreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ok I use the red eye orb and got an invasion hit instantaneously so I think the covenant just isn't working

• Locked thread