Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
It essentially makes me five years old but I figured out how to teabag in multiplayer and now I can't stop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Mel Mudkiper posted:

It essentially makes me five years old but I figured out how to teabag in multiplayer and now I can't stop

If you're not using Patches Squat, you hosed up.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
YES gently caress the abyss watchers.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

My dreams tonight are going to be nothing but "This spot marks our grave.."

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Stormgale posted:

Full on being 50+ in int/faith right?

Over 60 cumulative between the two, yeah.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

codo27 posted:

My dreams tonight are going to be nothing but "This spot marks our grave.."

Closely followed by "ignorant slaves"

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Aldrich's Faithful are the loving worst. Might as well not even bother trying to explore this area embered.

EDIT: Does their territory extend up into Anor Londo?

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Apr 16, 2016

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Zaphod42 posted:

Is it overclocked? Try setting a frame rate limit, the game is capped to render at 60 but putting an additional cap of 60 or maybe 59 could potentially help.

Also no joke, buy a can of air and blast it in your cpu fan, that's the best thing you can do. They get really dusty fast and it kills the ability for them to transfer heat.

Download RealTemp and run it in the background while you play, and then check it every so often to see what the current and highest levels are, and how close they are to your max safe temp.

Nope, not overclocked. I'm using Real Temp and after bringing everything to Mid or Low (even though I can run the game just fine at high DPS-wise), the temps are 12-8ºC away from the max safe temperature.

Out of curiosity, how can I set the FPS cap? Is it an ini file option or something?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Emalde posted:

Over 60 cumulative between the two, yeah.

Cool, That sounds pretty perfect, cap out at about 35-40 in each should give me room to wield some stuff, any particularly good weapons to infuse?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Azran posted:

Nope, not overclocked. I'm using Real Temp and after bringing everything to Mid or Low (even though I can run the game just fine at high DPS-wise), the temps are 12-8ºC away from the max safe temperature.

Out of curiosity, how can I set the FPS cap? Is it an ini file option or something?

What is that temp? What are you using for cooling? Been running my 3770k @ 4.6 for almost 3 years now and it regularly gets up around 70-73 degrees. Thats with the Hyper 212 Evo on it, which everyone should have if their case allows for it

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
After 42 hours, I beat the final boss. This was a really good game. I think Fromsoft wrapped up the series best they can. Going out with a bang.

Now to go back and beat that other boss was handing me my rear end :v:

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Internet Kraken posted:

Aldrich's Faithful are the loving worst. Might as well not even bother trying to explore this area embered.

EDIT: Does their territory extend up into Anor Londo?

I've never seen one there, which doesn't make any sense, but I've also never seen a dog in Farron's Keep so...

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Oh toxic, how I missed you so. A giant pool of it even? How nice of you.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Andrigaar posted:

Oh toxic, how I missed you so. A giant pool of it even? How nice of you.

At least it doesn't wipe out your health bar in 5 seconds like it did in DS1.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
So what's the best infusion to toss on a Lothric Knight Sword? I have mine at +5 but my Fire Longsword +3 still outdamages it so I've been leaving it in my storage so as to not fuckup my invasions/summoning. My guy is Dex based, Dex is currently about 26. At +5 the Lothric still does D and C scaling for Strength and Dex, respectively, I was debating maybe going Quality but ehhh, I wanna dabble in magic (mainly buffs for dickhead invading tricks) and I'm thinking maybe Sharp is the way to go... Does it really hit S scaling in Dex on its own by +10? Because the scaling thus far is really unimpressive.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

codo27 posted:

What is that temp? What are you using for cooling? Been running my 3770k @ 4.6 for almost 3 years now and it regularly gets up around 70-73 degrees. Thats with the Hyper 212 Evo on it, which everyone should have if their case allows for it

It's sitting at mostly 97-100ºC, and it's using an stock fan thanks to lovely imports law.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

A few questions from a Darksouls noob:

1. Playing with a spear is fun on my herald, though I am not far in. How should I build a herald?
2. A sorcerer wielding a katana and saving magic for tougher opponents seems quite good early on. Does that hold up further into the game? Also, any tips on how to build a sorc?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Stormgale posted:

Cool, That sounds pretty perfect, cap out at about 35-40 in each should give me room to wield some stuff, any particularly good weapons to infuse?

Broadsword, b/c jesus christ that weapon.
Lothric Knight Sword (if you went high on dex for spell speed)
Sunlight Straight Sword (can't be infused but can be enchanted, is cool for coop)
Astora Straight Sword
Bastard Sword
Flamberge
Uchigatana
etc etc etc Basically anything that needs 20/20 or less and has awful scaling even at +10 makes for perfect Chaos/Dark fodder.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I just beat the Abyss Watchers on the second try.... I'm now incredibly nervous that it was too easy and something is gonna leap out of the shadows and bite me in the rear end :tinfoil:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Harrow posted:

Iudex Gundyr rewards serious aggression, I've found. He hasn't killed me yet on several runthroughs of the tutorial area, but that's largely because I just stay right on his rear end the entire time, even when he transforms. He's got like a gently caress-you radius around him but when you get inside that circle he's a lot easier to dodge.

Yeah, I just thought it was funny I've nearly beaten the game (started with Knight, also did Iudex in 2 tries) and then whipped through him with a guy in underpants with a club, but then struggled so much with a stabbing weapon character after I ostensibly 'kind of know' what I'm doing...

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Bass Bottles posted:

Same.

I also spent over an hour wandering around the swamp and walking right past the "off switches" for the fire towers MULTIPLE times.

I did the same, I never noticed that I was walking past one every time I died in till I went up in the central tower and it isolated the sound of burning. I must of been every time I went by it I was on a corpse run to save my souls.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I was wondering how they were gonna make Aldrich a boss given the intro shows him as a loving goo puddle.

....this is certainly a way.

Are his attacks magic or dark?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

First attempt at Deacon: took ages figuring out the gimmick then got insta killed by the final phase curse poo poo.

Second attempt at Deacon: smacked my club into their faces so hard they never even got to the the curse phase.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Jerusalem posted:

I just beat the Abyss Watchers on the second try.... I'm now incredibly nervous that it was too easy and something is gonna leap out of the shadows and bite me in the rear end :tinfoil:

its a fight that benefits from 2 handing a very heavy weapon and tanking a hit so you can land a charged r2.

maria was pretty easy with BB's dodging and stamina use its not so great in a dark souls games

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Someone wants to help. I'm determined to do this one solo though

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

codo27 posted:

By the time I got there I only saw the same two signs over and over. Might've been underleveled though, I dunno.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Internet Kraken posted:

I was wondering how they were gonna make Aldrich a boss given the intro shows him as a loving goo puddle.

....this is certainly a way.

Are his attacks magic or dark?

Given his boss fight, is it possible that he's the chosen undead from DS1? It says he was forced to become a lord of cinder against his will and he kind of clearly ate some DS1 bosses.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Got symbol of avarice awww yeah :getin:

Azran posted:

Nah not an ini option in the game, they don't have that poo poo.

You can force it with driver options but nvidia only lets you set 60 or 30 (vsync half refresh) you'll need an external program to set arbitrary limits, msi afterburner, nvidia inspector, etc.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

codo27 posted:

Those summon signs say 'FUCKEN'

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
So, can I get that sweet big rear end log-spear that the dudes on the Road of Sacrifice have? Probably not, eh? :smith:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Nuebot posted:

Given his boss fight, is it possible that he's the chosen undead from DS1? It says he was forced to become a lord of cinder against his will and he kind of clearly ate some DS1 bosses.

That's one way to look at it. And "devouring men" might not be literal, instead referring to the consumption of their souls. Which you sure as hell did a lot.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

XboxPants posted:

So, can I get that sweet big rear end log-spear that the dudes on the Road of Sacrifice have? Probably not, eh? :smith:

They drop pikes. I'm really disappointed you can't get it and I swear From, if that and the grand lance from DS2 isn't in the DLC somewhere I'm going to be very disappointed in you. Also the bone fists.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Well this game took a turn for the Gears of War 2.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Tenzarin posted:

I did the same, I never noticed that I was walking past one every time I died in till I went up in the central tower and it isolated the sound of burning. I must of been every time I went by it I was on a corpse run to save my souls.

Do you mean The place with the bonfire and the giant wolf? Because yeah, that's what clued me in. I figured "There's got to be some kind of hint up here, they wouldn't place this huge, seemingly pointless view spot for no reason. OH HEY THERE ARE THREE TOWERS WITH GIANT FLAMES I WONDER IF THOSE ARE THE THREE I'M SUPPOSED TO EXTINGUISH???

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Just bought and installed for PS4. Think this is the first time I've gotten a souls game near release. I remember loving the great scythe in DS1, is it still around in this one?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Fuzz posted:

So what's the best infusion to toss on a Lothric Knight Sword? I have mine at +5 but my Fire Longsword +3 still outdamages it so I've been leaving it in my storage so as to not fuckup my invasions/summoning. My guy is Dex based, Dex is currently about 26. At +5 the Lothric still does D and C scaling for Strength and Dex, respectively, I was debating maybe going Quality but ehhh, I wanna dabble in magic (mainly buffs for dickhead invading tricks) and I'm thinking maybe Sharp is the way to go... Does it really hit S scaling in Dex on its own by +10? Because the scaling thus far is really unimpressive.

I'm also Dex. I use Sharp on my Lothric Knight Sword.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Internet Kraken posted:

That's one way to look at it. And "devouring men" might not be literal, instead referring to the consumption of their souls. Which you sure as hell did a lot.

It's mentioned that he devoured Gwyn when he was ill and unable to fight back, absorbing his powers, so I think it might be a bit more literal in this case at least.

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.

Zerilan posted:

Just bought and installed for PS4. Think this is the first time I've gotten a souls game near release. I remember loving the great scythe in DS1, is it still around in this one?

oh yes.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Hey hey! Just beat a boss on my first attempt. That was neato (Midgame? Boss spoilers). The Old Demon King's arena is so completely amazing. The fight feels very Sif-like, after awhile I just ran around pelting magic at him and then all his fire went out and then I killed him. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Emalde posted:

Broadsword, b/c jesus christ that weapon.
Lothric Knight Sword (if you went high on dex for spell speed)
Sunlight Straight Sword (can't be infused but can be enchanted, is cool for coop)
Astora Straight Sword
Bastard Sword
Flamberge
Uchigatana
etc etc etc Basically anything that needs 20/20 or less and has awful scaling even at +10 makes for perfect Chaos/Dark fodder.

What's so good about the broadsword?