Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

theblackw0lf posted:

What's so good about the broadsword?

it does a lot of damage and it's really fast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
So, been busy and haven't been able to play game much, has anyone found a way to get Sorceries if Orbeck of Vinheim fucks off (I've been playing pure sorcery up to this point, but now that I've beaten 2 lords of embers still using these early game sorceries is starting to really hurt). Or should I respec/try switching to Pyromancies because Sorcery is just done if this happens?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Awesome. It is a weapon I need to go all in on on maxing the right stats for it to be useful over using a smaller weapon, or is it still effective while throwing some stats in int/fth for dabbling in some magic or pyromancy?

(On that note is respeccing somewhat easy in this thing or is it a "might as well make new character" thing)

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Internet Kraken posted:

That's one way to look at it. And "devouring men" might not be literal, instead referring to the consumption of their souls. Which you sure as hell did a lot.

An item description confirms it's literal.

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.

Zerilan posted:

Awesome. It is a weapon I need to go all in on on maxing the right stats for it to be useful over using a smaller weapon, or is it still effective while throwing some stats in int/fth for dabbling in some magic or pyromancy?

(On that note is respeccing somewhat easy in this thing or is it a "might as well make new character" thing)

I used it for most of the game so far on a pyromancy build. I only just changed to a different weapon to try something new.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I know, lets make a visually amazing boss with a fantastic, incredibly tense second phase but make the first one too big for our lovely camera to keep track while making him move at the speed of light, spaz the camera out even more, attack you from a range you can't even see his tells and then have him two-hit you regardless of defense. :byodood:

Seriously, the gently caress were they thinking with King of the Storm. The one directly after him is good but jesus loving christ.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Jesus Christ the difficulty ramps up in Lothric Castle like crazy. So tense.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Just upgraded the twin spears and they are my new fav weapon so far. Very fun moveset.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Zerilan posted:

(No real spoilers, I'm just hiding it instead people don't wanna know :shobon: ) It's easy and you get 5 respecs per playthrough. The NPC that lets you do it is sorta hidden though.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

goldjas posted:

So, been busy and haven't been able to play game much, has anyone found a way to get Sorceries if Orbeck of Vinheim fucks off (I've been playing pure sorcery up to this point, but now that I've beaten 2 lords of embers still using these early game sorceries is starting to really hurt). Or should I respec/try switching to Pyromancies because Sorcery is just done if this happens?

Sadly I think you're boned with sorcery. He made you promise!

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.

Zaphod42 posted:

Well, that's pretty dumb. I hope they patch or change this at some point, because it makes sorcery worthless in a blind playthrough. Guess I'm switching to Pyromancy then, at least that NPC didn't gently caress off because I killed all of one boss after recruiting him.

Edit: and I have in fact found Logan's Scroll at this point, he's just long gone. So I guess the scroll is just worthless then?

goldjas fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Apr 16, 2016

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Hey, question about Greirat:

I hosed up and activated the Irithyll Dungeon bonfire and now siggy 2.0 has apparently skipped ahead to the next stage of his quest, is it still possible to send him out on another scavenging mission or is he straight-up boned now if I do?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Zaphod42 posted:

Where do you even find a sorcery scroll, I've reasonably thoroughly explored: starting area, Lothric High Wall, Undead Settlement, Road of Sacrifice and the Cathedral and I haven't found one yet.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I found Patches, and he's talking as if he tricked me at some point but I've literally never seen him before. :psyduck:

Sakurazuka posted:

Where do you even find a sorcery scroll, I've reasonably thoroughly explored: starting area, Lothric High Wall, Undead Settlement, Road of Sacrifice and the Cathedral and I haven't found one yet.

There are two sorcery scrolls to be found in Farron Keep. Its understandable that you missed them, because that place is loving massive and horrid to explore.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Hey, question about Greirat:

I hosed up and activated the Irithyll Dungeon bonfire and now siggy 2.0 has apparently skipped ahead to the next stage of his quest, is it still possible to send him out on another scavenging mission or is he straight-up boned now if I do?

I'm pretty sure you're out of luck. I think Siegmeyer needs to still be sitting at the fire in order to save Greirat so you can't even have talked to him, let alone gone down into the dungeon. I did the former but not the latter and Greirat died.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Internet Kraken posted:

There are two sorcery scrolls to be found in Farron Keep. Its understandable that you missed them, because that place is loving massive and horrid to explore.

Haven't even started Farron Keep yet, I went left instead of right. Or straight on, I guess.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm pretty sure you're out of luck. I think Siegmeyer needs to still be sitting at the fire in order to save Greirat so you can't even have talked to him, let alone gone down into the dungeon. I did the former but not the latter and Greirat died.

Well that sucks, hopefully he doesn't get anything good cause I'm really digging this zweihander.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

40 of the last 98 hours spent playing this game. I'm happy with that

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Well that sucks, hopefully he doesn't get anything good cause I'm really digging this zweihander.

As far as that goes you'll be alright. Grab his ashes and give them to the handmaiden - she'll sell everything he used to as well as the new stuff he was going to get.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Internet Kraken posted:

I found Patches, and he's talking as if he tricked me at some point but I've literally never seen him before. :psyduck:

he locked the door behind you when you took the bell tower elevator up

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The way the imp/thrall vendor in Firelink says "goodbye" gives me flashbacks of Hello my Future Girlfriend. I keep expecting him to say "thanks for stopping by" with a proposition to meet him on Yahoo chat.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
Does anyone know if you can kill Yuria of Londor and still get the Usurpation of Fire ending?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

goldjas posted:

Well, that's pretty dumb. I hope they patch or change this at some point, because it makes sorcery worthless in a blind playthrough. Guess I'm switching to Pyromancy then, at least that NPC didn't gently caress off because I killed all of one boss after recruiting him.

Edit: and I have in fact found Logan's Scroll at this point, he's just long gone. So I guess the scroll is just worthless then?

You can just not make the promise with him until you find one and then make the promise, which means you can't fail. All you have to do is give him one of them and he stays forever.

It does suck though, I feel for you. I lost the miracles lady already and I'm bummed about it.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

It does suck though, I feel for you. I lost the miracles lady already and I'm bummed about it.

Try walking back to where you fought the first boss from Firelink.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
darksouls3pvp.jpg

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

One time when I warped back to Firelink (maybe after treeboss) there was another woman there standing near the Fire maiden who said something like she had nothing to say to the likes of me then she disappeared and I never saw her again, anyone know what's up with that?

Ditto the guy I found chilling outside the shrine once, to the left down the path where there's usually a skele-dog?

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I wonder what drove the devs to remove the despawn system. I bet the soul drops would be higher if they didn't have to account for crazy people obsessively farming.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Can someone tell me the blood ritual I need to enact to get the watchdog of farron covenant to actually let me invade? Ive equipped the token and both attempts met with a system message saying "oops, nope"

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Reinstalling won't do anything. It's complaining about your save file. Something is wrong with it and not passing their checks.

That would probably be the case if it were not for me deleting all my saves beforehandd to see if that fixed it (it did not). Also deleted the DS3 folder in appdata too, that didn't do anything either.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Why can't I use the bonfire in the room after defeating the Watchers of the Abyss?

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
"Mostly I missed being able to grind. Sometimes I just wanted to be better prepared for an area on a subsequent run and power level early on, or I'd hoard some consumable item from a shop, or I'd grind for gear drops or whatever."

What the gently caress is wrong with these people

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

Does anyone know if you can kill Yuria of Londor and still get the Usurpation of Fire ending?

No, you kill her, and that quest is pretty much prematurely finished.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

One time when I warped back to Firelink (maybe after treeboss) there was another woman there standing near the Fire maiden who said something like she had nothing to say to the likes of me then she disappeared and I never saw her again, anyone know what's up with that?

Ditto the guy I found chilling outside the shrine once, to the left down the path where there's usually a skele-dog?

Same thing happened to me for the first one:

She doesn't like Rosaria's Fingers so by joining them you locked herself out of her quest and a covenant. :v:

The second one is just the crestfallen guy isn't it? He moves out there sometimes. He's hosed off for me by now though so I don't know where he ends up.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Sultan Tarquin posted:

darksouls3pvp.jpg

one of them should be chugging estus like a madman to complete the image

i will admit i loving love ganking people as a bluecop though
nobody is expecting to be instakilled by a giant fuckoff beam mid-battle

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
So, I'm a bit perplexed on something in the catacombs

The knight lady lost her weird grunty buddy. Where the heck is he? I'm afraid to move on for fear of locking myself out of a storyline

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

Obligatum VII posted:

The knight lady lost her weird grunty buddy. Where the heck is he? I'm afraid to move on for fear of locking myself out of a storyline

He's down below.

Knock down the wooden bridge and use it as a ladder.

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.

Obligatum VII posted:

He's not there, dont worry. He's past it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Regy Rusty posted:

Same thing happened to me for the first one:

She doesn't like Rosaria's Fingers so by joining them you locked herself out of her quest and a covenant. :v:

The second one is just the crestfallen guy isn't it? He moves out there sometimes. He's hosed off for me by now though so I don't know where he ends up.

I haven't even joined that covenant at all yet, so I dunno what happened.

Oh yeah, could be, I keep getting NPC's mixed up, I didn't even realise Crestfallen and the guy who gives you the red eye orbs were diferent people until they both appeared together. :v:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh yeah, could be, I keep getting NPC's mixed up, I didn't even realise Crestfallen and the guy who gives you the red eye orbs were diferent people until they both appeared together. :v:

Oh poo poo then maybe that was just her first dialogue. She isn't very talkative to start with anyway. Just don't do the thing I said and you'll be fine I think. Sorry for the inadvertant spoiler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

She always shows up once to say hi then disappears, she'll be back later.