Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codekeeper
Feb 10, 2013

Innocence proves nothing.

Turd Burglar posted:

That application says hes 19, so yeah. He wasn't in high school when headed that

loving weirdo

If his DoB is correct then he's in his early 20's when most of these pictures were posted.

edit: New page cat!

Codekeeper fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Apr 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
College Ben Quotes https://web.archive.org/web/20141130110157/http://www.hamtwoslices.net/trelane/index.php?random=10

If I were a woman I'd have so much sex... #6821

It's got a lot of half-naked gooey T'Pol in it. On the minus side, it also has a lot of half-naked gooey Dr. Phlox in it. #21900

One of these days I'll become so powerful a Jedi that no one needs to worry about urine. #21915

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what
http://www.hamtwoslices.net/loaf_art/full/myaward.jpg

He never stopped

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

That explains a lot

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
well well. Another layer of the onion has been peeled away. Ben's a serial killer.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Jst0rm posted:

well well. Another layer of the onion has been peeled away. Ben's a serial killer.

Actually I think he's just exactly what you'd imagine a space game enthusiast to be

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

quote:

[Feb. 23rd, 2002|09:12 am]

Woo! I won the German Wing Commander light auction! As Hades just pointed out to me, it would probably seem absurd to others to pay $44 that probably won't even work on my power supply... but there's just something amazing about Wing Commander 1. It was that rare occurence when absolutely everything was absolutely perfect... the manual, the box art, the game itself -- they got everything right. Anything relating to Wing One just seems to have this magical quality to it. And that's is why I'm waiting to bid on this unusual red box in an hour or so. It looks eerily familiar to me, although I can't place what edition it is. I could see getting tired at some point of any other game -- even any other WC game -- but I could stare at the Dralthi attack box artwork forever...

Outside of proof that my love for Wing Commander is a bit too creepy, there's not much going on. Updated the CIC (for today *and* yesterday!) and am trying to think of a good project to spend the weekend working on.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
god loving dammit ben

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Jst0rm posted:

*cereal killer

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
Ok this is a good BEN QUOTE https://web.archive.org/web/20141130110153/http://www.hamtwoslices.net/trelane/index.php?latest=25

THE BOOK OF LOAF
Internet popup ads are grossly overestimating my desire for cheap tickets and the ability to spy on women. What I really wish I had, though, was a huge cock. #21898

SurfaceDetail fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Apr 16, 2016

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Meanwhile in Elite...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJwqcKQfZ18

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist
Ben's site is pretty great.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Haskell9 posted:

Ben's site is pretty great.

No sir. I don't LIKE it.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

tooterfish posted:

Some of the Man-Kzin wars were really good, and some of them were absolute unconscionable garbage; literally the worst things I've ever read.

And I can't remember which ones were which. That one though, that one was definitely one of the latter.

I recall that poo poo and Alan Dean Foster's Humanx Commonwealth as one big uniform sea of brown.
No distinct features, just poo poo.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

My theory on the $15 fee is that the guy getting charged received the ship from someone else, that person demanded a chargeback, and CIG is extorting the fee out of the gift recipient by holding the account hostage.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
You can tell whose caught up with the thread and whos posting from 20 pages behind

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Haskell9 posted:

triggering u itt

was serious sexual tension between kittycat and dude

I am triggered by the the use of that phrase. Meta-triggered if you will.

That cover is fantastic though, and I can't believe it's not some sort of parody.

I am a bit disturbed by 'lady' cat grasping the rubber hose tail?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/721130582361505793

https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/721130746463662080

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

orcinus posted:

I recall that poo poo and Alan Dean Foster's Humanx Commonwealth as one big uniform sea of brown.

Foster is the biggest furry in the galaxy. He attends their conventions and wrote a book where the surprise twist is the furred furry aliens were magically sexually compatible which opened new vistas for their culture because their biology drove them to need to gently caress 4 times per day so for instance ship crews had to be gender balanced. Throw a couple humans aboard and all the furries can just gently caress the humans constantly so the problem disappears.

Edited Oh yeah also the aliens were our sexual ideals because the males lasted forever and the females liked to get off quick. :furcry:

Haskell9 fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Apr 16, 2016

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

yikes

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

orcinus posted:

How can someone not like Alan Dean Foster? All his books have this weird charm to them, they were great fun to read.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

:vince:

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

xiansi posted:

I am triggered by the the use of that phrase. Meta-triggered if you will.

That cover is fantastic though, and I can't believe it's not some sort of parody.

I am a bit disturbed by 'lady' cat grasping the rubber hose tail?

Nope not a parody and when I read it I legit thought the protagonist and the cat chick on the cover were going to gently caress but alas thank god it was but a tease.

Codekeeper
Feb 10, 2013

Innocence proves nothing.

Does he really not see how creepy this will look?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Lime Tonics posted:

ok im out. you guys can finish looking but seriously creepy vibes now.

Holy poo poo. Someone please tell me that's a goon photoshop.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ben Lesnick cannot be doxxed. He is part of the web. A member of the Lesnick collective appears in the Episode VII behind the scenes doc.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
It's cool that he refers to his personal thoughts and feelings as a joke.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

How dare you remove your post! Im must ask Derek for the see the archives now...

e: oh it was that..

Kakarot fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Apr 16, 2016

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

Libluini posted:

How can someone not like Alan Dean Foster? All his books have this weird charm to them, they were great fun to read.

I actually like him for that same reason but the man has a legit fur kink. The spellsinger series was Land of Anthro Yiff, The Books and at one point Mudge the lecherous otter traveled to Earth and hosed a human woman.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Google Butt posted:

You're incredibly wrong, those two tag team melted down which owns, this guy is the worst in the thread and will be probated for attempting a heavy handed dad style own

You're right. I wasn't counting unintentionally funny, but I should have. Please come back soon Venus and B.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

he's really owning his creepy shrine

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Hey guys check out this website I made years ago role-playing a fat, sad nerd

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Libluini posted:

loved that poo poo as a teenager. dunno if i can go back tho

at least hes not piers anthony's creepy weird rear end

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

"Ha ha, you guys. It's just a joke site. Nothing to see here. ha ha."

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe
The posts a couple of hours ago about CIG accounts getting locked jogged my memory regarding some things Derek posted a while ago. So I looked through his previous posts (which was an effort, so I guess this must be an effort post), and found the following. Tthey were further back than I thought, but I was committed by that point:

D_Smart posted:

I agree. But though it would cause a major uproar, I think they will just ignore it, and ride the storm.

The token and melting are really hurting them now. That's what happens when bad decisions come home to roost.

Thing is, since they are well aware that they're in a cascade, I don't think they care anymore who they piss off. It's just the End Of Days money grab now.

D_Smart posted:

... It will all come to a head very soon; and anyone who has remotely relied on Star Citizen for anything, is going to be affected by it. And I said before, I'm going to burn it all down. And everyone who ever gained anything from Star Citizen, is going to be collateral damage. When the collapse comes, and my blog about it hits, everyone is going in it. And in my book (which is still WIP)...

So I wonder if this locking of CIG accounts is related? I have a theory (although I'm probably putting 2 and 2 together to make 5):

Money launders have cottoned onto the fact that the gift/melt/grey market can be used to their advantage, and have been using CIG by:

A - Buying a ship with dirty money
B (optional step) - Gift the ship to an associate to confuse the trail
C - Sell the ship on the grey market for clean money

There are numorous other combinations possble, such as buying on the grey market using dirty money, gifting it, then reselling on the grey market for example.

Maybe this is what Derek is alluding to..

CIG made the decision to allow gifting of ships, and tolerated the grey market. That's the bold part of the first quote.

The person who bought a ship on the grey market could possibly lose it as a result of it originating from the use of dirty money to buy it in the first place. That's the bold part in the second quote. Of course, a backer will also lose all ships if/when the game goes titup, but I don't think that's specifically what Derek meant, because he said gained, possibly referring to anyone who's made money by trading ships.

Losing ships as a result of a first-party chargeback could just be an additional kick in the teeth for those buying on the grey market.

Maybe someone who understands these thing better than me could comment? If money laundering is going on, it would explain the possiblility of top-level government agencies getting involved and Derek's refusal to disclose what he knows/suspects.

CIG themselves wouldn't have to be involved at all for it to occur, and the money launders (if they were going to do it on an 'industrial' scale) would have a vested interest in having as much money as possible overall passing to CIG (from legitimate backers) to hide their activities amongst all the noise, so they would be infesting every forum/media outlet possible using shill accounts to drum up support for the game, encouraging new backers to jump on board, and drowning out criticism wherever it appears. The most mentally-challenged of the backers would simply be following the behaviour what they percieve to be 'the crowd' by joining in.

If my theory is correct, and a forensic examination is carried out, then the trail could involve anyone who used the grey market. Multiple companies in different legal jurisdictions would complicate the trail, but with some international cooperation between law-enforcement agencies, it's not impossible to 'follow the money' (as Derek has repeatedly suggested).

These are just my thoughts as to the possibilities of what could be happening. I'm making no accusations.

Ponzi fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Apr 16, 2016

Jimeth
Apr 14, 2016

Lackadaisical Phraseologist

quote:

"You can’t build a castle in the same time you would a wood shed no matter how much money or how many people you have." -CR

We should run a KS campaign to disprove this statement.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Elite is amazing :allears:

Star Citizen is crap

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

makes you think

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Yo I heard Elite is an inch deep and a mile wide :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Ponzi posted:

The posts a couple of hours ago about CIG accounts getting locked jogged my memory regarding some things Derek posted a while ago.

Probably has absolutely nothing to do with that, but just wait for the

Called it :smug:

• Locked thread