Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is that even out yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

2-ish weeks I believe. I just hope I'm done with dark souls III before then

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

BBJoey posted:

i bought stellaris

Me too. I think MGS V is the only game I've ever been this excited for before.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Me too. I think MGS V is the only game I've ever been this excited for before.

it looks fuckn great

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i think about tht insane homo who tried callng me out for saying that ftl isn't real and lol sometims

e in the games thread

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

the games stellaris thread almost has 100 pages and it's not even out yet... wtf

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

BBJoey posted:

the games stellaris thread almost has 100 pages and it's not even out yet... wtf

those people are insane.

i'm very skeptical about stellaris, but who knows?

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Fungah! posted:

i think about tht insane homo who tried callng me out for saying that ftl isn't real and lol sometims

e in the games thread

And then when you humiliated him he attacked the fact that you didn't use caps in your post. That guy's cool.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Fungah! posted:

e in the games thread

its real its in my steam library

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

its real its in my steam library

Oh yeah? I doubt it.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i've ftl as well

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Same here. It's an alright game but I always thought beating the boss was way too RNG dependent compared the rest of the game. Most encounters you could scrape by with ingenuity, but the boss ship felt like a gear check or something.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Fungah! posted:

e in the games thread

more like ftw

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I watched about 3 hours of the stellaris gameplay videos with Wiz and cKnoor, skipped through a lot of it to get to the fun parts so I ended up going through 5 or 6 or the videos. It looks so good. I'm sure thosevideos dont even scratch the surface with later tech and diplomacy options but i didnt want to spoil myself. i am pretty hyped

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shoiYDp7EEA is the first of the series in case anyone somehow missed these when they came out idk if they were posted here alreday

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Thank you. I've been looking for something like that

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Dreads on a white guy 😩

strong bird
May 12, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Dreads on a white guy 😩

It's OK, he's Swedish.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

In Training posted:

Same here. It's an alright game but I always thought beating the boss was way too RNG dependent compared the rest of the game. Most encounters you could scrape by with ingenuity, but the boss ship felt like a gear check or something.

basically the rest of the game is just scraping up a strong enough ship to beat the boss, yeah. it's a pretty big difficulty spike from nearly anything else you'll run into. there are people who can win reliably, and they have various pro tips (e.g. try to kill enemy crew rather than blowing up their ships so you get ~25% more scrap, learn all of the event results or install a mod that tells you what they are, upgrade some of the utility stuff like the medbay early to get better event results). i'm just happy when i can win on 'easy'...

e: the post i was thinking of

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

DICKHEAD posted:

states are fine. corruption is stupid and mostly irrelevant unless you have really low religious unity for a very long time. trade leagues seem kind of pointless. sailors i dunno since my only game ive done was messing with milan->italy since i hadnt done it in ages so i wasnt exactly hurting for sailors except for like when i first started touching the sea

you like to meet sailors at the pier

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

mysterious loyall X posted:

you like to meet sailors at the pier

it's always a pleasure to meet people with interesting lives and careers

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I thought stellaris came out because the games thread has over 100 pages.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Average Bear posted:

I thought stellaris came out because the games thread has over 100 pages.

it comes out on may 9th. the thread is mostly hype posting and being pissy that the word collectivist doest match their personal definitions, avoid reading

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Agean90 posted:

it comes out on may 9th. the thread is mostly hype posting and being pissy that the word collectivist doest match their personal definitions, avoid reading

I dont know why Paradox games attract such weirdos, like they guy who can't play Germany in HoI because he thinks it's like the same thing as being the guy from American History X

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
And then there's imps: twisted loving psychopaths who only play Germany to pwn Jews.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

I dont know why Paradox games attract such weirdos, like they guy who can't play Germany in HoI because he thinks it's like the same thing as being the guy from American History X

Coin theory

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The games thread also keeps talking poo poo about the insane slav nationalists on the official paradox forums but i think those dudes who make mods giving Bulgaria or Croatia HISTORICALLY ACCURATE super bonuses and give them cores on all of the Balkans, Anatolia and all the former Roman Empire's territory are epic

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

I downloaded this to play it ironically but it's just too much sperg

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

The games thread also keeps talking poo poo about the insane slav nationalists on the official paradox forums but i think those dudes who make mods giving Bulgaria or Croatia HISTORICALLY ACCURATE super bonuses and give them cores on all of the Balkans, Anatolia and all the former Roman Empire's territory are epic

They get really mad at those guys and flame me when I tried to protect them.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The goons favourite part of this game is having sex with your relative as a retard.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I just remembered that time I said it was weird to get upset that paradox patched out accidental incest and all the goons dogpiled me used my stance on it to own me in future arguments.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

The stellaris thread belongs in a god drat dumpster.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I don't read games

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
imo, it's reasonable to be a little uncomfortable about playing The Nazis. not even, like, some nazi guy in an fps or w/e, but literally controlling the nation of Nazi Germany as they set out on their epic quest for lebensraum & slav slaughter etc. re-enacting history's greatest tragedy as the villain... boy, i don't know.

tl;dr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LamgAfVj980

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PleasingFungus posted:

imo, it's reasonable to be a little uncomfortable about playing The Nazis. not even, like, some nazi guy in an fps or w/e, but literally controlling the nation of Nazi Germany as they set out on their epic quest for lebensraum & slav slaughter etc. re-enacting history's greatest tragedy as the villain... boy, i don't know.

tl;dr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LamgAfVj980

Yeah, but in the game, the holocaust doesn't happen. It's not like there's an event where if Germany occupies Eastern Europe the population slowly starts getting cut down every month or something. You're playing Nazi Germany but it doesn't mean anything besides the flag and starting sliders basically.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Yeah. Its not like there's a popup every month that says JEWS SLAUGHTERED: 494849 and u can click Good. or Worrisome.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

There should be.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Jews slaughtered this month: 69

[Good]                [Good]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted: