Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Question in a major spoilery area past the Pontiff do not click if your not here yet

How do I get into Gwyndolin's old boss room? I invaded someone who had it opened, does it involve Yoel? because I avoided him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Is there a way to get my dark sigil back? I had bae heal it for funsies, but I kinda want it back.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Question in a major spoilery area past the Pontiff do not click if your not here yet

How do I get into Gwyndolin's old boss room? I invaded someone who had it opened, does it involve Yoel? because I avoided him

Illusory wall in the exact same place it was in the first game

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Regy Rusty posted:

Oh poo poo then maybe that was just her first dialogue. She isn't very talkative to start with anyway. Just don't do the thing I said and you'll be fine I think. Sorry for the inadvertant spoiler.

No, it's cool, I missed that covenant when I was doing the Cathedral today and was going to go back and grab it next, I'll leave it for a while now.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

hint:
The same way you always did.

full explanation:
You stab the illusionary wall at the bottom most rotating lift-thing exit point, the one you walk in from now.

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.
Wrecked Pontiff first try. :smug:

Also, I just finished getting my sword to +5, where my great scythe used to be, and now a new great scythe that has some frost effect dropped. TOO MANY AWESOME WEAPONS.

Nuggan fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Apr 16, 2016

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Nuebot posted:

Given his boss fight, is it possible that he's the chosen undead from DS1? It says he was forced to become a lord of cinder against his will and he kind of clearly ate some DS1 bosses.

he's not, he's just some rear end in a top hat- apparently aldritch is "eldritch" in japanese meaning that he's literally a cthulu or whatever

i think yhorm the giant man is actually from the ds2 place (drangilec?) though given his item descriptions but idk, poo poo is vague

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Wait a minute. I'm at the final boss now thinking I'd clued up as much as someone reasonably can in a first playthrough, but I never did meet this guy who "gives you levels"
OR FIGURE OUT HOW TO OPEN THAT loving DOOR IN SULYVAHNS BONFIRE ROOM

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I've got all these tomes and nobody to give them to

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

codo27 posted:

Wait a minute. I'm at the final boss now thinking I'd clued up as much as someone reasonably can in a first playthrough, but I never did meet this guy who "gives you levels"
OR FIGURE OUT HOW TO OPEN THAT loving DOOR IN SULYVAHNS BONFIRE ROOM

For your first one.

After beating Vordt, after the cutscene you head all the way to the left with all those piles of dead bodies and then there is gonna be a dude you can talk to and he is basically there to put you on the path for the alternate ending. Of course he might be ad, he's dead in mines because I never used him.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

Is there a way to get my dark sigil back? I had bae heal it for funsies, but I kinda want it back.

You hosed up.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Rosaria covenant question - Do you still get the covenant rewards for giving pale tongues after she's been killed?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Ilustforponydeath posted:

I wonder what drove the devs to remove the despawn system. I bet the soul drops would be higher if they didn't have to account for crazy people obsessively farming.

There's a lot less despawning in general. In the original Dark Souls, the three stump wielding goat men who drop Pharis' gear or the winged knight in the wall of lotheric would probably not have respawned.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Estraysian posted:

He's down below.

Knock down the wooden bridge and use it as a ladder.

I've been there, I guess he's further on, though, huh? Would taking the other route lock anything out?

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Fereydun posted:

he's not, he's just some rear end in a top hat- apparently aldritch is "eldritch" in japanese meaning that he's literally a cthulu or whatever

i think yhorm the giant man is actually from the ds2 place (drangilec?) though given his item descriptions but idk, poo poo is vague

His Greatshield says "Following the loss of the one he wished to protect, he forsook his shield", maybe the Throne of Want or whatever the DS2 King stole from the giants?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Shindragon posted:

For your first one.

After beating Vordt, after the cutscene you head all the way to the left with all those piles of dead bodies and then there is gonna be a dude you can talk to and he is basically there to put you on the path for the alternate ending. Of course he might be ad, he's dead in mines because I never used him.

Do you mean in the area I'm standing in here?

Cause theres no one there, there wasn't the first time I went there and I'm also bugged that I still haven't found out how you get over to the area I'm looking at there.

Glukeose
Jun 6, 2014

Any PS4 goons looking to fight or coop? I'm on the East Coast and hanging around near the Halfway Fortress. I'm using the password "goon"

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Welp, 8 invasions in Lothric Castle. 3 people were hacking and 5 disconnected as soon as their HP got low. It was fun while it lasted!

Bedlam
Feb 15, 2008

Angry thoughts

Does anyone have any tips for the area after the Catacombs? Irithyll

I was doing fine all through catacombs and the boss until I got on that bridge and got my poo poo wrecked by a dog that looks suspiciously like the Berserker Spirit in Berserk. I summoned a bro to kill that but now I'm getting rocked by the first enemies I encounter. I'm using a Heavy Exile Greatsword +4 and a Heavy Drang Hammers +4 depending on my mood. Should I try to level a bit or does True Dark Souls start here?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Help Im Alive posted:

Rosaria covenant question - Do you still get the covenant rewards for giving pale tongues after she's been killed?

No, but you can get her back.

If you picked up the Black Eye Orb, you will use it like later on in the game and take out the invader who took her soul, and thne you bring back her soul to her dead body to restore her back.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

codo27 posted:

Cause theres no one there, there wasn't the first time I went there and I'm also bugged that I still haven't found out how you get over to the area I'm looking at there.

there was and you missed it now

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

Does anyone know if you can kill Yuria of Londor and still get the Usurpation of Fire ending?

Nope.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

codo27 posted:

That would be it,

but dude is dead, you progressed really far into the game didn't you.

Also that other side is up a ladder that goes way up in the Poison Swamp.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Shindragon posted:

That would be it, but dude is dead, you progressed really far into the game didn't you.

Also that other side is up a ladder that goes way up in the Poison Swamp.

Holy loving jesus I know exactly where you are talking about and I forgot all about that ladder.

I really did check that area out as soon as I got there, I always try to go both routes (unless I forget...) but he must be kinda hard to spot or something I dunno.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

codo27 posted:

If he was still there you'd have heard him say 'Please let me die' as you walked up, it's too late

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

codo27 posted:

He was on the right just after passing through the gate, you can hear him crying if he's there.

Also, Fextra says that Yhorm is not a DS2 giant, but I guess that's obvious since he doesn't suffer from anus-face

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Bedlam posted:

Does anyone have any tips for the area after the Catacombs? Irithyll

I was doing fine all through catacombs and the boss until I got on that bridge and got my poo poo wrecked by a dog that looks suspiciously like the Berserker Spirit in Berserk. I summoned a bro to kill that but now I'm getting rocked by the first enemies I encounter. I'm using a Heavy Exile Greatsword +4 and a Heavy Drang Hammers +4 depending on my mood. Should I try to level a bit or does True Dark Souls start here?

If you haven't done cathedral of the deep, do that. You also might have missed the smouldering lake, which is sorta hidden in the catacombs. Otherwise, yeah, welcome to Dark Souls.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

gently caress I missed the sunbros too?

I'm at the end of Farron Keep

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Holy god this boss in Lothric Castle is annoying.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

voltcatfish posted:

gently caress I missed the sunbros too?

I'm at the end of Farron Keep

Yeah it's back in undead settlement.

past the area with all the zombie dudes and the fat lady and the big bonfire, there's the path that leads through all the buildings? The first big one you go in, with two stories and all the hanging bodies and a locked door on the bottom. On the upper floor is a hole, that leads to the room behind the locked door.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Mazerunner posted:

Yeah it's back in undead settlement.

past the area with all the zombie dudes and the fat lady and the big bonfire, there's the path that leads through all the buildings? The first big one you go in, with two stories and all the hanging bodies and a locked door on the bottom. On the upper floor is a hole, that leads to the room behind the locked door.

Oh poo poo thanks man, I completely forgot about that locked door and somehow missed this

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So does rapport only work on certain enemies? This seems hilariously broken for a one slot spell. The enemies don't even care if you run up and stab them after using it. Jolly cooperation indeed.

EDIT: Does not work on the rat wolves, my plan to cheese that fight has failed! :saddowns:

Tamayachi posted:

Also, Fextra says that Yhorm is not a DS2 giant, but I guess that's obvious since he doesn't suffer from anus-face

Unless he's different in his boss battle, he doesn't have a face. I mean, in the intro his head is just a chained helmet with a big gaping hole in the middle.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Apr 16, 2016

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Anybody know the general level range for the wolf covenant? I'm in the mid-30s and haven't had any hits in about an hour. All other online stuff works fine, so I know that isn't the problem.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Internet Kraken posted:

Unless he's different in his boss battle, he doesn't have a face. I mean, in the intro his head is just a chained helmet with a big gaping hole in the middle.

He kiiiinda has a face, But I'm mostly sure he's wearing a mask

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Hey is there another exit from the Demon Ruins? Because, this place is a hell maze, I got the tome and I got the bone shard and I think I've cleared out the loot if there's no other way out of here. I was hoping for the key to the ice place, but no such luck :(

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

He kiiiinda has a face, But I'm mostly sure he's wearing a mask

Watching the cinematic again, he just has a dark patch of shadow where his face should be in the chainmail helmet he's wearing. So it could be shadow face, could be anus face.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
So, uh, regarding my earlier question

Found Horace, kind of, uh, had to murder him with my rad demon fists which are my new favorite weapon at the moment. Told his friend about the lake. Did I err, should I have told her without killing Horace?! Would that have just gotten her killed?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Obligatum VII posted:

So, uh, regarding my earlier question

Found Horace, kind of, uh, had to murder him with my rad demon fists which are my new favorite weapon at the moment. Told his friend about the lake. Did I err, should I have told her without killing Horace?! Would that have just gotten her killed?

yes it would have

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

8-bit Miniboss posted:

You hosed up.

fuckkkkkkkk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Man I cant believe I walked past that big ladder in the swamp 2 or 3 times, went the whole game wondering wtf was this wolfbros you guys were talking about, wondering where I get the Stray Demon soul to trade, missing all kinds of goodies. gently caress.