Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

How Rude posted:

if the enemy has 4+ AD champs then yes it's good, especially if the enemy is kinda slippery and you want that extra chase. the main problem with it is that you are not getting ANY AD from it which means your passive is doing much less potential damage than if you built another AD item, and a Fiora that does no true damage sucks

if the enemy comp isn't clownshoes bad and you are facing at least one ap threat IBG isn't worth it. you should favor lifesteal/AD/flat health more. Deadman's plate is pretty good after you get a few core damage items, vs. dangerous AP threats Maw is definitely a must. Against fatass tanks Black Cleaver is really solid first. If you really want to bulk up take Titanic Hydra instead of Ravenous after you get Cleaver, otherwise stack up on the lifesteal. Bloodthirster is incredible as a defensive and offensive item especially if you take Grasp of the undying (like you should) and you get the 8% better regen/lifesteal/shields mastery (you definitely should).

Bulk is better vs. burst and ADCs and lifesteal is better vs. tanks in terms of survivability.

As for runes, I have been experimenting lately and found Lifesteal Quints, AD reds, armor seals and MR blues to be optimal for early lane. 10% lifesteal start with doran's blade, Grasp of the undying and the 8% better healing mastery make you near impossible to trade with at level 1 and 2, and you can easily zone your lane opponent out of farm if they are not a strong duelist early.

You can easily get 40% cdr from items (build lots of caulfields warhammers!) but against some comps (especially heavy AD) I often get scaling cdr blues and swap out the CDR heavy items for stuff like Bloodthirster and Deadman's. If you have troubles sticking and the enemies have lots of slows Boots 3 are super super good. Merc treads vs. lots of hard CC. Tabi vs. heavy AD teams makes you very hard to kill.

A lot of words but I feel like it would help you alot if you aren't sure about Fiora builds.

Keebs is this post still relevant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
janna, known stat stick and numbers champion, is well known for her ability to rush dcap and brute force fights to victory

utility is dead

edit: tank fiora is dead, you should be buying Ravenous/Cleaver/Bloodthirster every game now. Titanic Hydra got nerfed too hard

lifesteal quints are still p good if you are facing a tough or poking matchup. flat 15 AD is better overall if you want to win lane vs. a skill matchup or winning matchup

How Rude fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Apr 15, 2016

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Titanic Hydra has been nerfed?

Ormi
Feb 7, 2005

B-E-H-A-V-E
Arrest us!
Buying stats... wow. As a Dota player, that's some seriously messed up game development you've got there.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

NTT posted:

Titanic Hydra has been nerfed?

it lost like 15 AD and Fiora's base %hp damage on her passive got nerfed, but the scaling is stronger. she also lost all her slow scaling on E so she no longer is the best in extremely elongated fights. go full damage and focus on killing dudes in three-four hits over outlasting them with the death of a million cuts

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

How Rude posted:

janna, known stat stick and numbers champion, is well known for her ability to rush dcap and brute force fights to victory

utility is dead

edit: tank fiora is dead, you should be buying Ravenous/Cleaver/Bloodthirster every game now. Titanic Hydra got nerfed too hard

lifesteal quints are still p good if you are facing a tough or poking matchup. flat 15 AD is better overall if you want to win lane vs. a skill matchup or winning matchup

Thanks my homie. I'm sad about that since I definitely wanted to play tank fiora. O well

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

How Rude posted:

it lost like 15 AD and Fiora's base %hp damage on her passive got nerfed, but the scaling is stronger. she also lost all her slow scaling on E so she no longer is the best in extremely elongated fights. go full damage and focus on killing dudes in three-four hits over outlasting them with the death of a million cuts

Do you still use grasp or like fervor?

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Also I guess you rush cleaver against tanks and ravhydra against not tanks?

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Sorry for three posts in a row.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Darth Windu posted:

Sorry for three posts in a row.

Quote the same person three times in a row for 10% hp damage, 20% movespeed for 2 seconds, and a heal over time.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Phoenix Stance can't melt Taric's Gems.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Darth Windu posted:

Do you still use grasp or like fervor?

grasp and take tenacity. it is too good at trading to not take ever.

maybe warlord's bloodlust once grasp finally gets nerfed for real though

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

C'mon boys

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

well, hes not wrong

every time i play ahri all i can think about is mashin' meat

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
trolling itt isn't even taking the low hanging fruit, it's picking up the 3 week old apples off the ground

stop taking the bait you dummies

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Another rotating game mode, another place where noted war criminal teemo can completely slow down the fast pace of the game. It's so irritating.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Aurelion Sol is just a big dumb flying Sunfire Cape isn't he. Like, that's all he does. He's a movable Sunfire Cape with ridiculous numbers to compensate. It's like S5 Worlds Mordekaiser where they designed a dumb champion so they cranked the numbers up to 11 to compensate

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
He's actually Cool and Good, thanks

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

The Mash posted:

Aurelion Sol is just a big dumb flying Sunfire Cape isn't he. Like, that's all he does. He's a movable Sunfire Cape with ridiculous numbers to compensate. It's like S5 Worlds Mordekaiser where they designed a dumb champion so they cranked the numbers up to 11 to compensate

hes really good at burps too, dont forget

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

The Mash posted:

No, he's Twisted Fate in slo-mo

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
tf doesn't dash he blinks :cool:

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx
Rageblade/Hurricane Tristana is fun and cool.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Tales of Woe posted:

does aatrox actually lose to maokai 1v1 now with even items/levels or did i just do something horribly wrong?

no of course not. but you're extremely vulnerable to ganks and he isnt

How Rude posted:

aatrox is weak as hell and has few good matchups toplane.

not true

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Hermetic posted:

Rageblade/Hurricane Tristana is fun and cool.

Is this a popular fad or are you the Trist me and Clock played against earlier today in ranked

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Enlighten us

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

NTT posted:

Is this a popular fad or are you the Trist me and Clock played against earlier today in ranked

korean pros and dlift have been playing it

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

AHH FUGH posted:

Enlighten us
I'll just head him off at the pass and post this:

He makes him work? His champion.gg page definitely put everything into how Verv plays him, which is taking Flash/Ignite and relentlessly pressuring people, and that he's bad against people that can handle melee fightmen and attrition.

Guy seems very unattractive and lame and for uncool nerds though, so don't take this as my opinion on the matter.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

NTT posted:

it's lcs verified so everybody builds it now

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Chumppell posted:

I'll just head him off at the pass and post this:

He makes him work? His champion.gg page definitely put everything into how Verv plays him, which is taking Flash/Ignite and relentlessly pressuring people, and that he's bad against people that can handle melee fightmen and attrition.

Guy seems very unattractive and lame and for uncool nerds though, so don't take this as my opinion on the matter.

Yeah but is that ranked and what rank is it

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
yes and plat 4-1ish

AHH FUGH posted:

Enlighten us

you can outpush most people and out-sustain them. some chars like pantheon/graves can just do more damage to you than you can handle, but most tanks in this meta will burn their entire mana bar just to break even. his weakness really comes from needing to pressure people and push (and subsequently being ganked over and over), and unfortunately he doesnt have the 2v1 potential of a darius or a graves unless they really come in underestimating his level 6 power spike

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Apr 16, 2016

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

NTT posted:

It's an emerging fad. I decided to give it a try, and I like it so far. I am not the Trist you and Clock played against today, as you're in a decent league with actual people.

And also I haven't played any ranked today because I'm in a good mood and don't want to ruin that.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Hey how do I do group chats or clubs with the friend app

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
You can't

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I wonder how well this laptop can run plays.tv now...

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

NTT posted:

You can't

Then what's the loving point

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
So that when your computer pulls you out of game for 20 minutes while Windows Update works you can message your friends and let them know why you're going to let them down.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
http://plays.tv/video/57118994c44d1fa06d/sionara-suckers?from=user

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

DolphinCop posted:

it's lcs verified so everybody builds it now

The real deep cut is rageblade Ashe

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

rabidsquid posted:

i kinda wondered if it would work on ashe/cait due to them having high range and loving hurricane but idk, they don't scale quite as well off the AP

might be funny for making cait even more of an oppressive piece of poo poo early on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radiantweasel
Aug 10, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

I can't tell if this would be terrible or not...

• Locked thread