Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Add me to the shambling hordes of people praising the music in this week's Alice Isn't Dead episode.

I'm also really glad to hear that the new live show is going so well. I'd love to see it when you come to Minneapolis but I don't think it's going to work out financially this time, alas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

I saw Alice Isn't Dead when looking for something else to listen to after I burned through all my politics podcasts, enjoyed it a lot, and now I'm into Night Vale. This is cool stuff.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Once a week for work I spend a half-hour on the road after eleven p.m. and between Alice Isn't Dead and Night Vale I've got something awesome to listen to each week. Holy poo poo Charlatan. I'm a week behind and forcing myself not to catch up outside of that one trip each week because that poo poo is way creepier on an empty road in the middle of the night.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
Just came from the Chicago live show. Y'all were fantastic!

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

meiram posted:

Just came from the Chicago live show. Y'all were fantastic!

Thank you! That was a fun show. Felt like we were thousands of feet under the earth.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Does the bed music for ads include a heavily treated version of the classic Yeah! Woo! sample or is my head just playing tricks on me?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

CaptainPsyko posted:

Does the bed music for ads include a heavily treated version of the classic Yeah! Woo! sample or is my head just playing tricks on me?

no, that's definitely it, i've been noticing it for years

i think the first time it's used is the tarantula psa back in year one. the one with "teach a spider to read! stop the madness"

tentawesome
May 14, 2010

Please don't troll me online

Earwicker posted:

Thank you! That was a fun show. Felt like we were thousands of feet under the earth.

I was there too, it was great! Me and my roomie drove 3.5 hours up to Chicago for the show (and then spent Friday wandering around the city, because we were already there) and it was absolutely worth it. Carrie Elkin and Danny Schmidt were great musical guests, too.

tentawesome fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Apr 16, 2016

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Literally The Worst posted:

no, that's definitely it, i've been noticing it for years

i think the first time it's used is the tarantula psa back in year one. the one with "teach a spider to read! stop the madness"

I didn't realize how ubiquitous that sample was. The only place I knew it from was "It Takes Two," and I was worried I was just imagining it, like "that's kind of like it but not exactly."

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jurgan posted:

I didn't realize how ubiquitous that sample was. The only place I knew it from was "It Takes Two," and I was worried I was just imagining it, like "that's kind of like it but not exactly."

Same but I have an ear for this poo poo so I recognized it basically instantly

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

yes that sample is used in a track of mine called Anomie, off Neukrk. its actually a combination of the Woo Yea sample and the Hit Me sample and some bits and pieces of other breaks

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
About Alice Isn't Dead,

So is the Thistle Man Patriarchy? And is the town of Charlatan patriarchy also?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

MariusLecter posted:

About Alice Isn't Dead,

So is the Thistle Man Patriarchy? And is the town of Charlatan patriarchy also?

the Thistle Man is Bakununinist anarcho-collectivism while the town of Charlatan is Kruschev's speech to the 20th Party Congress

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Earwicker posted:

the Thistle Man is Bakununinist anarcho-collectivism while the town of Charlatan is Kruschev's speech to the 20th Party Congress

time for me to collect on a bet! thanks for the :10bux: earwicker

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Man Alice Isn't Dead keeps getting better, though I did have the factory twist figured out a decent amount of time before it was revealed.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.

Mokinokaro posted:

Man Alice Isn't Dead keeps getting better, though I did have the factory twist figured out a decent amount of time before it was revealed.

I was unaware the episode had a twist.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

maxnmona posted:

I was unaware the episode had a twist.

turns out that there are, in fact, wild cows.

SavTargaryen
Sep 11, 2011
The wild cows thing actually creeped me out more than the rest of the episode. I hope to one day be able to be as creepy as Fink is.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

It just occurred to me that the main character in AiD doesn't have a name, does she? Calling it now: She was Alice the whole time.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Jurgan posted:

It just occurred to me that the main character in AiD doesn't have a name, does she? Calling it now: She was Alice the whole time.

That's really my thinking on it too. Shes simply talking to herself.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

The outro song at the end of AiD ep4 is extremely my poo poo.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Mokinokaro posted:

That's really my thinking on it too. Shes simply talking to herself.

I hope I'm wrong. It's a pretty obvious twist for a horror series.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Jurgan posted:

Yeah and it just doesn't fit right with the reminiscences unless it's a strange case of DID.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Jurgan posted:

I hope you're wrong too.

Anybody else getting a weird post apocalyptic vibe too? Our narrator keeps referring to "the world you (Alice) left us"

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Alice is Slender Man.

:goxx:

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Am I the only one who's preferring the non-Thistle episodes of Alice Isn't Dead? I'm finding myself in a similar situation with The X-Files, enjoying the episodes outside the so-called myth arc more.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

SavTargaryen posted:

The wild cows thing actually creeped me out more than the rest of the episode. I hope to one day be able to be as creepy as Fink is.

that actually happened, a cow standing next to a (possibly gator infested) stream and calmly drinking water "like the first part of a scene from National Geographic" was a cow that we actually saw while on tour in Florida last year, I remember Joseph describing it like that.

I don't know if it was truly wild or not (probably not) but there were no other cows anywhere around there and also, it was in a swamp, which seemed kind of weird.

at the end of that day we drove to and performed in the town of Clearwater which, frankly, was far creepier than anything in episode 4

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Apr 20, 2016

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Benny the Snake posted:

Am I the only one who's preferring the non-Thistle episodes of Alice Isn't Dead? I'm finding myself in a similar situation with The X-Files, enjoying the episodes outside the so-called myth arc more.

I am. I'm enjoying the bizarre, horror-tinged road trip atmosphere they've got going on.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Thistle man is the hero, actually.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Holy poo poo the ending to the live show is good. It almost made up for your horrible French the cat. Almost :gonk:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Agreed about the ending. Non-spoiler review of Ghost Stories: :stare:

e: Is it possible to get director's notes for this show like with the regular episodes?

Snowdog79
Jul 18, 2007

Things are more like they
are now than they ever were before.
Holy crap.

I just got the email.

My band is the weather on the next episode.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!
Congrats!

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Is this genuine? :allears:

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

yep that's some bonafide grade A farm-to-table Jeffrey Cranor

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.
I had previously responded that since he was triggered by the content of our shows, it was probably better for him not listen to the material he is sensitive to.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Loved the Woman fromItaly callback. Was wondering if That would be revisited.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!
Also dug the little dig on The Black Tapes.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AstroZamboni posted:

Also dug the little dig on The Black Tapes.

Was told not to bother with black tapes. What was the dig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

All cans are welcome and equal in your city, regardless of can content, and whether empty or full.
The classified item from "Richard" was from Dr. Strand of The Black Tapes. Everything he mentioned was something from that show.