Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
Likely a David v Goliath thing. But yeah this game is presently an inconsistent mishmash of needing yet discouraging backtracking and ammo conservation. You are a fool to blindly burn a key outside of a good tier chest so you have to explore and backtrack to chests as needed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

How do I beat the Wallmonger? I just can't avoid all those shots!

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Stay on one side. When it does the wave of shots on one side of the fire, you can roll all the way through it.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Waffle! posted:

99% of the time you should be avoiding them by sidestepping rather than rolling, with the exception of the big walls of bullets that you absolutely have to roll over.

If you try to dodge all the individual shotgun blasts with the roll you'll almost certainly get hit a lot.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Waffle! posted:

you actually can safely dodge roll up through the four-wide waves of bullets it does after splitting the room with fire. the rest is just paying attention to fire patterns and staying in the center when its not fire since theres usually less bullets there

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
edit: nevermind, movement is different in the breach than in actual gameplay

Ultimatefire
May 6, 2013
Oh... oh my god... I was at the dragun... I had the pig... I didn't know... it was such a good run... I thought it was over... I tossed the controller on the table... it vibrated off the table... I had wings and everything... it's not fair... there was time now!!

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

The amount of ammo is perfect if you don't have to spend 70% of your money on keys (just saying)

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Why on earth do you have to pay H-bux to do the gungame mode. Why do you have to do that.

I'm becoming increasingly convinced the devs were terrified of their game becoming too fun and went out of their way to stop that from ever happening. Just what is the purpose of limiting how often players can access a fun alternate mode?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Well, it'll probably never happen again, but Deckard's gun plus Alpha and Omega Bullets, Cog of Battle, and Double Vision really murders the poo poo out of bosses :stare:

the Winchester Rifle was two-hitting shotgunkin in the Forge :stare:

edit: apparently the Pilot holds on to his hidden compartment, because it doesn't unlock even after you kill his past :smith:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Is there some reason why my max ammo on all weapons would go down by 10%? I think it happened after getting fat bullets, but that may have just been the first time I noticed it. It even carried over into marine's past.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Digirat posted:

Is there some reason why my max ammo on all weapons would go down by 10%? I think it happened after getting fat bullets, but that may have just been the first time I noticed it. It even carried over into marine's past.

Fat bullets does that. I just got it and it did the same thing. On the other hand, fat bullets owns.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I didn't really mind since fat bullets meant that if there was a pit, anywhere in the room, of any size, one shot from the T-shirt cannon would make sure that at least one idiot was going in there.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Also you're saving ammo overall because of the extra damage.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Christ the health increase on jammed enemies is just abysmal. Was it not enough to double their damage and increase their speed without loving quadrupling their health? I tried the curse prayer thing you can do at the start after killing the pasts and it turned everything into an even worse slog than usual.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
A thing I learned is that if you have the Hexagun or Witch Pistol or any other gun that can transmogrify an enemy, the chicken that spawns can be cursed and it will still do a full heart of damage instead of just dying when you walk into it.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
BFG is hilarious vs Kill Pillars. Also found the "git gud" version of gunther today, a gun called Polaris. It gets stronger with each kill but it loses the effect as soon as you get hit. Sadly I found it on floor 5 right before the dragun...

Edit:

Why the gently caress do shops like this even exist.

FrickenMoron fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Apr 16, 2016

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

FrickenMoron posted:

BFG is hilarious vs Kill Pillars. Also found the "git gud" version of gunther today, a gun called Polaris. It gets stronger with each kill but it loses the effect as soon as you get hit. Sadly I found it on floor 5 right before the dragun...

Edit:

Why the gently caress do shops like this even exist.

I got commando+double vision VS kill pillars and they died before getting off an attack. I probably could've gotten lead god that game but dragun has a shitton of health so I ran out of rockets.

And yeah, shops really don't need to be so stingy with their selection considering you don't really have the cash to go wild shopping anyway. All it does is provide less options and variation for builds.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Yeah I would appreciate if shops were more structured like Isaac. There's always at least one "real" item there, with the rest being a decent selection of consumables/drops. The game could use more predictability in general, though this has been touched on plenty of times already. The change they made to keys helps, but it's a little too obtuse. Just give me something I can hang my hat on and plan around.

I do like the variety of special rooms you can find, though. It feels like I'm still finding new rooms all the time. 29 hours or so in and I found my first fairy fountain, and haven't seen one since. Someone posted earlier about a room with a witch and a cauldron that I still haven't seen.

Maybe guarantee one special room per floor, behind a locked door? It'd certainly add variety, and it gives the player even more to think about when spending keys. Do you want to use a key on a chest, or take a gamble and hope that there's a hospital or something on the floor?

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Is there a way to skip the boss introduction sequences? That poo poo is getting old.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Mylan posted:

Is there a way to skip the boss introduction sequences? That poo poo is getting old.

Press the "use" button, defaults to E on PC. Dunno what it is on consoles.

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

I just got a glitchy looking chest after a room fight on the first level. Opening the chest teleported me to the second level, but there were no other rooms than the boss room and i had to fight a glithy looking beholdster which turned into two beholdsters and killed me pretty quickly. At least now I know what those chests do if I ever see one again.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
I started using a controller last night and beat the game on my 3rd attempt using a controller. It's so much easier than using mouse and keyboard. A note to some of you - use a controller! It is *so* much easier to dodge with one!

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
The controller might be easier (definitely is), but it feels wrong to play a game called Enter the Gungeon without manual aim as a core part of the gameplay.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Zorodius posted:

The controller might be easier (definitely is), but it feels wrong to play a game called Enter the Gungeon without manual aim as a core part of the gameplay.

You're not the one with the guns.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Klaus Kinski posted:

I got commando+double vision VS kill pillars and they died before getting off an attack. I probably could've gotten lead god that game but dragun has a shitton of health so I ran out of rockets.

Comm4ndo is like my favorite anti boss weapon. I had it and COG of War going into Kill Pillars yesterday and thought I was finally going to flawless them but then I ran out of ammo (only had like 16 shots) and had to try to finish them off with the Pilot's pistol and ended up dying to the last one. :(

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Zorodius posted:

I play EtG with a 360 controller, but with Autoaim turned all the way down.

damnfan
Jun 1, 2012
What does the star on some guns in the gun menu mean?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Jibo posted:

Comm4ndo is like my favorite anti boss weapon. I had it and COG of War going into Kill Pillars yesterday and thought I was finally going to flawless them but then I ran out of ammo (only had like 16 shots) and had to try to finish them off with the Pilot's pistol and ended up dying to the last one. :(

The last one is the easiest too, you just need to constantly alter between left and right.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

damnfan posted:

Those are the 2 guns you will quick switch between.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

damnfan posted:

Tapping the weapon button quickswaps between them.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Network Pesci posted:

I play EtG with a 360 controller, but with Autoaim turned all the way down.

I play with a PS3 controller but also turned off autoaim, it's cheating since the real controls are technically m+kb.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I play with an Xbox 360 controller and cranked up autoaim because when everyone is bitching about not having ammo, making it harder to hit things for no reason is not a good idea.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I don't even understand how you would play on a controller with no autoaim. The crosshair gets turned off so you can't actually see where you're aiming without having the laser pointer!

And I really don't consider it to be cheating. This isn't a game about aiming, and on M+KB the only things that aren't trivially easy to hit (assuming you have an accurate gun and not the Pilot's stormtrooper blaster) are the Winchester targets that you have to bounce projectiles off walls for. So a setting for controller that makes it as easy to aim at things as it is with a mouse isn't really an unfair advantage.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Apr 17, 2016

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
There's a room on the first floor that's like a tiny little hallway with a blobulon and a bulletkin in it and auto aim will sometimes gently caress me out of targeting the bulletkin first there but other than that it's mostly beneficial in my experience.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Jibo posted:

There's a room on the first floor that's like a tiny little hallway with a blobulon and a bulletkin in it and auto aim will sometimes gently caress me out of targeting the bulletkin first there but other than that it's mostly beneficial in my experience.

it can be a pain during the dragun fight to target the skullets and knifes since most of the directions you can point your gun in that room will snap onto the boss

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Scatter Shot + Magic Lamp is about the most powerful I`ve been in this game yet

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Is there a list of all the unlocks from flawlessing bosses somewhere? There are a few I'm not sure if I have or not (Cannonbalrog, Kill Pillars)

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Killed both Hunter's and Marine's pasts today for my first two wins. With Hunter, I just went nuts with the Vertebrae AK and the Stinger (best gun), and with Marine I got Prototype Railgun (also best gun) + Alpha Bullets to absolutely wreck Kill Pillars for a flawless and kill the final boss very quickly. Both pasts felt more like victory laps than anything else. If you beat the floor 5 boss, you can beet them. Figures. Get killed 52 times, then get full wins twice in a row. Game's good, but I would like to use more than my pistol on floor 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Power of Pecota posted:

Is there a list of all the unlocks from flawlessing bosses somewhere? There are a few I'm not sure if I have or not (Cannonbalrog, Kill Pillars)
Well, I know Kill Pillars gives you the Frost Giant.