Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Evil Mastermind posted:

So this is apparently a thing.

Remember the "Worst Idea of All Time" podcast? The one where the guys watched Grown Ups 2 every week for a year, then talked about every week for a year?

Apparently, they attempted to write the script from memory, then had the WorkJuice Players (the folks behind the Thrilling Adventure Hour) do a live performance of that script.

http://nerdist.com/thrilling-adventure-hour-workjuice-presents-the-worst-scripted-event-of-all-time/
I got sick of their podcast a while ago. This though? This I like.

Busy Philipps loving CRUSHED that Sandler impression.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Apr 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
The while gimmick of doing one movie 52 times does lend itself to a lot of repeats.

You should give the latest episode where they review Pixels and their annual thing about Paul Blart 2, 'Til Death Do Us Blart.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Good: WHM's running the Presidential Guest poll I suggested.

Bad: People are mysteriously not voting exclusively for Stoner Clinton.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Rodyle posted:

Good: WHM's running the Presidential Guest poll I suggested.

Bad: People are mysteriously not voting exclusively for Stoner Clinton.

I donno Bar!

Some of those options are pretty good, Bar!

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Which one of you wrote the batman vs superman letter on this weeks we hate movies mailbag?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Oh no did someone ask them if they have stairs in their house again?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Al! posted:

No, something much, much goonier. Like a full-on meltdown.

e: And his name was the cherry on top.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

DrManiac posted:

Which one of you wrote the batman vs superman letter on this weeks we hate movies mailbag?

I guarantee it was someone from CineD.

Al! posted:

No it's just some hypernerd calling them fake DC fans and how truly deep it is if actually you read the comics...

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Was it "MisterBibs"?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I want the transcript of this email. I swear this is just word loving salad.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I guarantee it was someone from CineD.
No way, it's 100% someone who posts a bunch in BSS. If it were CineD there would have been far more talk of cinematography and framing and lighting and poo poo.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

TetsuoTW posted:

No way, it's 100% someone who posts a bunch in BSS. If it were CineD there would have been far more talk of cinematography and framing and lighting and poo poo.

This is not, historically speaking, how BvS arguments go in CineD.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
That Gamemaster story was kind of incredible???? Nineteen loving thousand dollars, holy poo poo?????

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Empress Theonora posted:

That Gamemaster story was kind of incredible???? Nineteen loving thousand dollars, holy poo poo?????

Oh wait for the loving next one.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

This is not, historically speaking, how BvS arguments go in CineD.
Neither is the email. It reads more like a dipshit redditor than a goon.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
That mailbag was a bunch of bullshit.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
It could have been a nerd from anywhere.

Also the game master is my hero.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Gargamel Gibson posted:

We found him

Heteroy
Mar 13, 2004

:fork::fork::fork:
Yam Slacker

Empress Theonora posted:

Not 'that' unbelievable. You should see the kind of betting that goes on in Miami over kids (think 6 year olds) sports leagues. A whole bunch of the coaches were arrested, gambling rings shut down, etc. It was all over the news a few years ago.

It's creepy watching video of degenerate gamblers drink and smoke and bet in front of a field of first graders clumsily trying to play football.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Al! posted:

We found him

I meant the e-mails, duder.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
God I want the e-mail in full.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gargamel Gibson posted:

You make me sick calling yourself a WHM fan.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
Can you imagine getting that mad over a movie? A comic book movie at that.

They always say it's okay to like a movie, but that should extend in the other direction as well - it's okay to not like a movie.

If someone doesn't like a movie that I think is really great, I might think they have bad taste and/or are possibly dumb but I'm not gonna get mad about it. Who gives a poo poo?

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can't understand it on either end. My reaction to the non-comedic bits of the BvS episode was a much more subdued version of their response to the email that idiot sent them. Thank god they're funny guys.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I don't care if the gamemaster story was real, same with the Aeon Flux one, they're too good

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

bango skank posted:

You make me sick calling yourself a WHM fan.

OK yeah, the Batman manifesto was funny.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
https://twitter.com/ericszyszka/status/726124407211626496

That ain't cool!

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

They were spot on about Larry the cable guy being the dude that Jeff foxworthy makes fun of though

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Like, do you think Dan Whitney is still in there somewhere or has he fully become Larry the Cable Guy?

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

http://www.avclub.com/article/dan-whitney-aka-larry-the-cable-guy-61071

That led me to this interview, where it seems like Dan Whitney is just happy to be doing something that people like

Don't think I'd ever want to hear his gay character, described only as "gay guy"

For real though I grew up in the south and actually saw Health Inspector in the theater and I don't see how I could be offended by that whm episode. Larry says some dumb ignorant things and that's always been the point of his character. Maybe if you're one of those people who gets offended when things get called offensive?

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
"these guys assume that this Larry character is a typical southern man"

What?

And what "research" is needed to make jokes about a Larry the Cable Guy movie?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

HoAssHo posted:

And what "research" is needed to make jokes about a Larry the Cable Guy movie?

By the title alone I could probably give a fairly accurate review of the film.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I have the sneaking suspicion that scenarios I'm coming up with for trying to justify someone working as a health inspector and a cable guy at the same time are probably more interesting than the movie proper.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

RandomPauI posted:

I have the sneaking suspicion that scenarios I'm coming up with for trying to justify someone working as a health inspector and a cable guy at the same time are probably more interesting than the movie proper.

Larry The Cable Guy: Health Inspector is actually a tragic American tale of a man who must work two menial jobs, usually featuring facing the anger of others for choices he really has no say in.

And farts.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Fezz posted:

The while gimmick of doing one movie 52 times does lend itself to a lot of repeats.

You should give the latest episode where they review Pixels and their annual thing about Paul Blart 2, 'Til Death Do Us Blart.

It was one of the most magical journeys ever, season 1. I kind of fell off during the Sex in the City arc though.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Rick posted:

It was one of the most magical journeys ever, season 1. I kind of fell off during the Sex in the City arc though.

watch the one where the Thrilling Adventure Hour people read Tim and Guy's Grown Ups 2 script

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Rick posted:

Season 1 they honestly gave the impression that it was grueling enough that the final few episodes had a real sense of catharsis to them, and honest sense of impending relief. Season 2 felt rote at the end, even though they travelled all the way to New York for it. I missed the delirium of the Grown Ups season.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I didn't know Moishe Kasher and Natasha Leggero were married until this week's HDGM, but that match seems literally perfect.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Sean Connery's Ladyslap: best WHM gag? The Kindergarten Cop 2 episode is pretty great too, especially for the return of Gallagher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Leaned way too much on Gallagher but Ladyslap is pretty good