Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hogge Wild posted:

toi sun tarinasi kuulostaa käyräkurkkudirektiivi-tarinalta

en jaksa uskoa että sun kaverisi ei voi aloittaa bisnestä koska yksikään virkamies koko maassa ei tiedä miten jotain lupaa haetaan

taitaa vaan olla niin että sun kaverisi ei ole kauhean fiksu ja se on mennyt ostamaan lupaa ärrältä tai jotain

Plot twist: the permit is actually only available at R-kiosks. (Like passports.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
No toi oli se toinen vaihtoehto mitä odotin eli joku kiistää tarinan todenperäisyyden kun ei ole itse törmännyt samaan. Sääntelyhän on hyvästä ja jos viranomainen kahnaa eikä tiedä mistään mitään syy on toki hallintoalamaisen eikö juu.

Tämä ketju ei petä.

Jäbä on muuten ollut yrittäjä vuodesta -95 asti. Kyllä se tietää mitä tekee.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ligur posted:

All evidence points to contrary.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
You guys are defending Trafi for banning a no-risk business :haw:

I nailed that :love:

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Ligur posted:

If he is for example a raksa-yrittäjä, he probably knows lot about raksa-stuff. That doesn't actually matter poo poo when it comes to a different specialty, like Totally heterosexual Yacht club ownership.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
I don't know about you guys, but super anal regulations about motor vehicles sounds just like Finland.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
The worst part is these guys *like* it and are attacking the enterpreneur.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Elukka posted:

Yeah if you just take it at face value. If this catches on, companies will cycle through sufficiently desperate people under the illusion that they may get employed and use them for free labor. Another fun possibility is it will become the norm to work for free for your first few months because if you're willing to do it and someone else is not clearly you are the better employee.

I also have roughly zero trust that this government wouldn't consider changing it to be outright mandatory.

In a way it would amount to the companies that would do this robbing both the labor of the poor and the tax money of the state. Your labor generates profit for somebody else with no compensation, while your living costs (and thus the profit of the company) is being paid for by benefits.
If it doesn't lead to employment, word will get around quite quickly that it doesn't help and most people won't do it. Simple as that. It's like unpaid (/underpaid) internships, education (you can literally make the exact same argument you just did with lukio/amis), and many other things where people bear the costs themselves in order to get a job in the future. Companies want people who have skills and experience, and this is a great way for unemployed people to get both without the company taking a huge risk. They can also leave for other companies. Secondly, most companies do not particularly like having a stream of people work for a few months and then be replaced by others, so the potential for abuse here is limited to a few industries.

Also I hate to break it to you but for most people over the course of their lives, the state gives more than they pay towards the running of the state, meaning that your argument about the state supporting peoples' living costs and training while companies "use" us when we are profitable will apply to almost everyone. It's a choice we make by voting for a welfare state. At the same time, these companies make the goods and services that make our quality of life so high so...

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ligur posted:

The worst part is these guys *like* it and are attacking the enterpreneur.

The worst part is you STILL not understanding that posting unconfirmed anecdotes as a defense for political opinions is treated by ridicule in general regardless if they are real or not, because there is no way of knowing it on the internet!

And LOL at Germany not having five gazillion directives, where do you think the ideas for them in the EU come from, Netherlands? German bureucracy is basically treated as a national characteristic by the German people. They even have a nickname for it instead of putting two words that describe it together. Third of the people in parliament are former civil servants!

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Apr 16, 2016

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

DarkCrawler posted:

The worst part is you STILL not understanding that posting unconfirmed anecdotes as a defense for political opinions is treated by ridicule in general regardless if they are real or not, because there is no way of knowing it on the internet!

And LOL at Germany not having five gazillion directives, where do you think the ideas for them in the EU come from, Netherlands? German bureucracy is basically treated as a national characteristic by the German people. They even have a nickname for it instead of putting two words that describe it together. Third of the people in parliament are former civil servants!

Compared to Finland, Germany is pretty de-regulated. But whatever.

The most hilarious part for me is people considering something that didn't happen to them cannot be real if it was posted on the internet. Having internetted for 30 years I can assure you, I don't take anything for given but saying you have to disagree with someone just because it was posted on the internet is pretty sick.

Why even post or discuss with anyone anywhere if your position is "that didn't happen/is not real".

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ligur posted:

Compared to Finland, Germany is pretty de-regulated. But whatever.

It's really, really, really not. Not that it is something that can be measured perfectly but what I suppose the closest thing to it, Ease of Doing Business Index, actually ranks Finland higher (in the ease of doing business).

Go to Germany sometimes. Even the prostitution is regulated.

Ligur posted:

The most hilarious part for me is people considering something that didn't happen to them cannot be real if it was posted on the internet. Having internetted for 30 years I can assure you, I don't take anything for given but saying you have to disagree with someone just because it was posted on the internet is pretty sick.

Why even post or discuss with anyone anywhere if your position is "that didn't happen/is not real".

No, I believe plenty of things are real on the internet. Because these days they are often accompanied by video & photographic evidence. Random anecdotes are fine if you're just telling a funny story and the like, not trying to make a point about something bigger then one person's unconfirmed experiences.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Apr 16, 2016

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

DarkCrawler posted:

"Regulated" is less regulated than "banned" though

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

DarkCrawler posted:

It's really, really, really not. Not that it is something that can be measured perfectly but what I suppose the closest thing to it, Ease of Doing Business Index, actually ranks Finland higher (in the ease of doing business).

Weird poo poo I have friends living in there and it doesn't sound like everything is so banned as it is in Finland, perhaps they are lying though.

quote:

No, I believe plenty of things are real on the internet. Random anecdotes are fine if you're just telling a funny story and the like, not trying to make a point about something bigger then one person's unconfirmed experiences.

Ahhh, so you can tell anecdotes as long as they have no context, without people flipping out and calling you a liar.

Go gently caress urself :)

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Darkest Auer posted:

"Regulated" is less regulated than "banned" though

Well yeah it was more of a joke about the German bureucracy extending everywhere.

Seriously I don't know how people don't know about Germany being ridiculously strict about rules. I mean kind of their main stereotype after Nazis.

I bet Germany has a million rules about boats and they also invented the rule that Ligur's friend is having problems with too.

Ligur posted:

Weird poo poo I have friends living in there and it doesn't sound like everything is so banned as it is in Finland, perhaps they are lying though.

Well name one thing that isn't "so banned as it is in Finland" besides beer & buying sex which I assume is closer to the stuff you talking with your friends then say the regulatory framework of the entire German economy.

Finland has some specific things that are less regulated then in Germany. Firearms & other weapons for one thing that comes to mind immediately

Ligur posted:

Ahhh, so you can tell anecdotes as long as they have no context, without people flipping out and calling you a liar.

Go gently caress urself :)

Them being a funny random story is the context. I mean you could accuse them of lying about their drinking tale but it would be kind of weird because there is no weight or intention behind the story, it is just intended to amuse. You on the other hand are trying to make a point about politics.

If you don't see the difference then :shrug: but maybe everyone else aren't being the crazy ones in this case.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Apr 16, 2016

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost
http://www.vttexpertservices.fi/pal...nesertifikaatti

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

DarkCrawler posted:

I bet Germany has a million rules about boats and they also invented the rule that Ligur's friend is having problems with too.

That I don't doubt :haw:

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
My funny anecdotes are still being notarized by the Chinese Foreign Ministry and the Finnish embassy.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
loving anecdotes!!! :argh:

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Darkest Auer posted:

My funny anecdotes are still being notarized by the Chinese Foreign Ministry and the Finnish embassy.

Are people being freaked out and angry at you for recounting said anecdotes though?

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Ligur posted:

Are people being freaked out and angry at you for recounting said anecdotes though?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

tämä ei ole kiina- vaan mongooliketju

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Ligur posted:

You guys are defending Trafi for banning a no-risk business :haw:

I nailed that :love:

No, the guys don't believe your story because of your poor moral character, which was demonstrated nicely by this ridiculous pre-emptive uhriutuminen Odotin lähinnä sitä, että joku olisi vastannut tuohon viestiin joko puolustellen sääntelyä tai haukkuen minut natsirasistiksi koska kaverin vene on selkeesti paska ja rasistivene. There is a difference.

If it really is true that this magic EU marker is impossible to obtain that really is hosed up. Feel better now?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Hogge Wild posted:

tämä ei ole kiina- vaan mongooliketju

There are actually more Mongols in China then in Mongolia

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I just meant that being a private entrepreneur in Finland is literally the worst testament to an individual's judgement possible.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

doverhog posted:

No, the guys don't believe your story because of your poor moral character, which was demonstrated nicely by this ridiculous pre-emptive uhriutuminen Odotin lähinnä sitä, että joku olisi vastannut tuohon viestiin joko puolustellen sääntelyä tai haukkuen minut natsirasistiksi koska kaverin vene on selkeesti paska ja rasistivene. There is a difference.

Sure thing except people were freaking out before I posted about "puolustellen sääntelyä..." and so on. I just wanted to see how much in this lanka people want to disagree with everything as long as they can disagree and call someone a racist. I slightly failed, they just wanted to call you (errr, me...) a liar.

quote:

If it really is true that this magic EU marker is impossible to obtain that really is hosed up. Feel better now?

Yeah it's something about the engine being too old or whatever so it's hard or impossible to obtain it appears. Sen lisäksi eri viranomaiset on eri mieltä siitä mikä on oikea sääntö jota noudattaa. And no, I don't feel any better, ylisääntely on perseestä eikä auta tai pelasta ketään. Enintään pahoitin siitä mieleni, että salamana porukka puolusti sääntelyä ja epäuskoi (ihan toden) tarinan vaan koska pitää olla eri mieltä, en muuta syytä oikein edes keksi.

edit: vastustan turhaa sääntelyä, olen siis of poor moral character :haw:

Ligur fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Apr 16, 2016

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Ligur posted:

vastustan turhaa sääntelyä, olen siis of poor moral character :haw:

No, that's because of your whole posting history most of which has nothing to do with sääntely.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

doverhog posted:

No, that's because of your whole posting history most of which has nothing to do with sääntely.

Perphas you should read my posts, then. I have been against sääntely since forever. Not like, libertarian style, regulating is ok to many extent, but Finland has just taken it too far. It is true not all of my posts are about regulation though, but why should they be. I have many things I am interested in and will post about, not just one.

Interested in why you think my moral characer is poor. Like, do you think if you loan me five euros I won't pay it back or what?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

You already called yourself and the boat a nazi racist so it's too late to pretend to not know what I was talking about.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

There's a guy talking to the Berocca advertisement on the bus stop. I really wish right-wingers (i.e. the government) would put some money into (mental) health care.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I mean I really wouldn't mind if not for the fact that he's rubbing his crotch all the time.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

doverhog posted:

You already called yourself and the boat a nazi racist so it's too late to pretend to not know what I was talking about.

Then it obviously is very easy to explain what you are talking about, right?

So there you go. Explain.

edit: oh sorry forgot, this is D&D, I said the boat was a "nazi boat" as a loving joke, because in D&D that is the response you usually get when someone disagrees and it might confuse readers by quite a bit, but doverhog, I'm actually looking for a real response

Ligur fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Apr 16, 2016

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Jerry Cotton posted:

I mean I really wouldn't mind if not for the fact that he's rubbing his crotch all the time.

olisit voinut edes tervehtiä kun kerran postataan samalla foorumilla

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Ligur posted:

Then it obviously is very easy to explain what you are talking about, right?

So there you go. Explain.

edit: oh sorry forgot, this is D&D, I said the boat was a "nazi boat" as a loving joke, because in D&D that is the response you usually get when someone disagrees and it might confuse readers by quite a bit, but doverhog, I'm actually looking for a real response
I'll bite. What is the actual name of this magic "EU merkki" that is needed.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hogge Wild posted:

olisit voinut edes tervehtiä kun kerran postataan samalla foorumilla

I tried but you were too busy. You were, in a manner of speaking, going hog-wild.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

I'll bite. What is the actual name of this magic "EU merkki" that is needed.

EC-merkintä afaik. However the engine is too old to get one.

Still love it, folks are masturbating how awesome regulation is. Suomi nousuun! Lisää sääntöjä! Ei voi olla totta!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ligur posted:

Still love it, folks are masturbating

OK please name the posters who are having a wank to your posts.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Ligur posted:

You probably mean CE. VTT handles that for boats. Did he call them?

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
It's gonna turn out that the boat is an oil-leaking piece of poo poo that should never be allowed out of a scrapyard in the first place.

A guy I know is having a real mixed reaction because he was homeless for a while and mv-lehti went hard on armans homelessness-episode. He's trying to make sense of it on facebook and it's funny and sad at the same time.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Kehveli posted:

It's gonna turn out that the boat is an oil-leaking piece of poo poo that should never be allowed out of a scrapyard in the first place.

A guy I know is having a real mixed reaction because he was homeless for a while and mv-lehti went hard on armans homelessness-episode. He's trying to make sense of it on facebook and it's funny and sad at the same time.

Basically it boils down to this: Arman is a Muslim, therefore it is bad. MV has to appeal to their demographic, after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

DarkCrawler posted:

There are actually more Mongols in China then in Mongolia

it's THAN you loving mongol