Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Or you could not be overly sensitive to a bunch of dumb images people post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Where can I buy it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Jojo%27s+bizarre+adventure+manga
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-377200
http://www.viz.com/read/jojo-s-bizarre-adventure/section/9666/more

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Apr 16, 2016

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
smdh

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hace are we watching the Hunter Hunter dub tomorrow

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Sure

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
You mean tonight

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah that's what I meant

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

If I die before we get a Steel Ball Run anime, I'm going to be very displeased.

If we get a Steel Ball Run anime without the Pizza Mozzarella song, I'm going to be very displeased.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Unlucky7 posted:

I do wonder why Stoned Angelo can't use his Stand anymore. Heck, I wonder how it helped him survive hanging.

Depends on how they use hanging as an execution method in Japan. If it's hanging him so that the rope closes off his throat and he suffocates, I would guess that he used Aqua Necklace to keep his airway open while faking suffocation. If it's hanging him so that the rope will snap his neck, then I have no idea.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Count Uvula posted:

Or you could just watch the anime, and only read the manga if you desire to. I feel like telling people to read the manga constantly doesn't really help people getting in to Jojo from the show, and it just makes this thread devoted to the anime a bunch of white noise that's annoying to people who just want to discuss the show? :shrug:

I don't actually care about the Manga that much although I have read some of it. I was posting a joke image, because it was funny

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I really like how each part has its own style and aesthetic. I jumped on the Jojo train during SDC, and by that I mean I appreciated it from afar because I loving hated the visual style of SDC's anime, everyone looked so stiff and angular and chunky.

I love how saturated DiU has been so far and how much softer everything looks. And from what I understand, part 5 is even more colorful, not to look ahead in the future too far, though.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Yeah, all the parts from here on out are way softer, art-wise. According to Araki, he can't even remember how to draw the big angular Kenshiro-esque dudes anymore, ever since he changed his art style for Pt4.

Which is apparently why Star Platinum looks so weird on the JoJonium covers.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

We got it by way of a Chinese student trying to translate the Chinese release into English for a school project (he failed).

I thought this was a fake story someone spun up and the real reason was that it was some person translating the chinese release because they really liked jojo and wanted to share it with the english speaking world and they were really enthusiastic about it so they were able to rush out translations real quick

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I thought this was a fake story someone spun up and the real reason was that it was some person translating the chinese release because they really liked jojo and wanted to share it with the english speaking world and they were really enthusiastic about it so they were able to rush out translations real quick

i mean that also sounds possible if said person had a tenuous grasp on how to use english

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Duwang is a treasure

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

Depends on how they use hanging as an execution method in Japan. If it's hanging him so that the rope closes off his throat and he suffocates, I would guess that he used Aqua Necklace to keep his airway open while faking suffocation. If it's hanging him so that the rope will snap his neck, then I have no idea.

I assumed he got aqua necklace to stand underneath his feet so he could use it as a little platform. thank you

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

W.T. Fits posted:

he used aqua necklace to control the executioner, and the executioner used a badly tied rope that would not close enough to suffocate him or snap his neck

as for why he went through it if he could control nearly anyone in the facility, he thought it would make him sound really badass

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

grancheater posted:

Duwang is a treasure

Y'all wanna go grab some spices cow organs?

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://vine.co/v/itwDtOBhTVh

This part is art.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Glorious.

Angelo's execution: wasn't it established in part 3 that Stand users could only be killed by Stands or other Stand users? Or did that fall by the wayside, or did I imagine it?

rockopete fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Apr 16, 2016

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I think I just broke something from laughing so hard :allears:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

rockopete posted:

Angelo's execution: wasn't it established in part 3 that Stand users could only be killed by Stands or other Stand users? Or did that fall by the wayside, or did I imagine it?

No, the rule is that only Stands can touch Stands.* Stand users can be killed by loving anything.

*This varies by Stand, but the general rule is if the Stand is not bound to a physical object, it can't be perceived or touched by normies.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Last week's episode was "Josuke Swallows A Glove" or "Josuke Meets A Serial Murderer"

rockopete posted:

Glorious.

You may be thinking of the thing that only Stands can fight against Stands. Stand users aren't like Highlander, they can die tons of ways.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

rockopete posted:

wasn't it established in part 3 that Stand users could only be killed by Stands or other Stand users?

Stand Users are regular humans/animals, DIO and Vanilla Ice aside. They can be killed by whatever would kill them normally.

If you recall, Wheel of Fortune tried to kill the whole group by getting them to car crash into a truck.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
You can attack the user, but it seems like they only think to do this sometimes. I feel like a lot of the fights (in the past and future really) could've been avoided if they had just gone for the user but eh, more interesting this way.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Moltrey posted:

Last week's episode was "Josuke Swallows A Glove" or "Josuke Meets A Serial Murderer"

So far we have "Josuke Stops A Robbery", "Josuke Swallows A Rubber Glove" and "Koichi Gets Shot In The Neck".

We need IASIP titles for each episode, just because DiU throws this surreal things into such a mundane setting.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Momomo posted:

You can attack the user, but it seems like they only think to do this sometimes. I feel like a lot of the fights (in the past and future really) could've been avoided if they had just gone for the user but eh, more interesting this way.

Stardust Crusaders would've gone smoother if Joseph had used his power from Part 2 to attack the Stand User: The Tommy Gun.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

So far we have "Josuke Stops A Robbery", "Josuke Swallows A Rubber Glove" and "Koichi Gets Shot In The Neck".

We need IASIP titles for each episode, just because DiU throws this surreal things into such a mundane setting.

Tbh, "Josuke Has Stupid Hair " should be the title of the first episode.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

umalt posted:

Tbh, "Josuke Has Stupid Hair " should be the title of the first episode.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Waffleman_ posted:

No, the rule is that only Stands can touch Stands.* Stand users can be killed by loving anything.

*This varies by Stand, but the general rule is if the Stand is not bound to a physical object, it can't be perceived or touched by normies.

This isn't true. If it was then Star Platinum would be the most useless Stand because unless someone else with a punch ghost attacked them it would be loving worthless. Dio could just hire a regular guy with a gun and unless Kakyoin saw him and possessed him with Heirophant Green they wouldn't be able to do poo poo.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
You misread it. Stands can touch anything, but Stands can only be touched by other Stands.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

CJ posted:

This isn't true. If it was then Star Platinum would be the most useless Stand because unless someone else with a punch ghost attacked them it would be loving worthless. Dio could just hire a regular guy with a gun and unless Kakyoin saw him and possessed him with Heirophant Green they wouldn't be able to do poo poo.

he said only stands can touch stands, not stands can only touch stands

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Eh? The first thing Star Platinum demonstrates is that it moves with enough speed and precision to stop a bullet from point blank.

Stand users can be killed by anything, but they're not because it's a story about Stands. Captain Tenille most certainly drowned even amongst the Stand users we've seen to date.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

A Stand can touch you.

Star Platinum especially has the ability to touch your heart.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He has the power to move you

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He's super good at drawing too.
He did the Mona Lisa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008