Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

I cannot believe ben didn't delete this poo poo either:

As soon as he got the job at CIG
The site was pointed out to him

The contents are :psyduck: enough but not getting rid of it is just baffling to me

Why would you delete the things you love?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

https://www.twitch.tv/Captain_Zyloh

Ben quotes tryouts.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

I cannot believe ben didn't delete this poo poo either:

As soon as he got the job at CIG
The site was pointed out to him

The contents are :psyduck: enough but not getting rid of it is just baffling to me

Yeah I said that at the start - as soon as I saw the site - and that was when I had only seen the Kerri Ann gallery - which was bad enough but probably survivable.

In ANY public facing role, the absolute FIRST thing you do is scrub your online history clean. Beyond the disgusting views he has expressed, it shows an incredible lack of judgment in not having realised these would come back to haunt him as soon as he became a face of CIG.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

CiG has no choice but to get rid of him. I feel like a moron feeling sorry for this guy earlier. Now I just want him to disappear in a hole and never come out.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo. Who keeps a library of 20k of their own quotes?
Especially when the quotes are absolutely mind-bogglingly stupid, racist, misogynistic and any other negative word one can find?

Even claiming it is "out of context" does nothing to make it less horrible.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
I feel dirty

:negative:

e: thread seems popular though :v:

his nibs fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Apr 16, 2016

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Decrepus posted:

Can we please stop making fun of Ben? He had one eyeball and an unshaved pube-stache in high school and was obviously picked on terribly until he understandibly became broken and twisted. Can we show at least a bit of empathy and understanding to this heaping hog of human flesh? Thank you.

Nope, sorry!

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Hopper posted:

Especially when the quotes are absolutely mind-bogglingly stupid, racist, misogynistic and any other negative word one can find?

When goons go "waitaminute, that's too far to even be joking about joking about it" you might wanna reevaluate your life choices & behaviours.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Ben is such a dickhead

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Lime Tonics posted:

You just know someone is going to die on a hill for ben though.

It is going to happen, the question is who.

Nerds, MRAs, redpillers, shitizens, redditors.

Basically the internets shittiest people.

I guess Ben is as ugly on the inside as he is on the outside

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
This thread is going super fast and I've tried going back 30 pages to get caught up, but can someone explain for those of us just arriving what :lesnick: has done now? Something to do with him posting insane stuff on an old website or what? How did this discovered? Who is Kerri Ann? MY GOD GOONS SOMEONE WRITE A SUMMARY POST TO POINT AT.

what is going on? :supaburn:

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Star Citizen: For broken humans, by broken humans :dogbutton:

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
That thread is gonna be axed but as long as it stays up a few hours itll hit critical mass.

Aso whoever has a cig account should put it there too before full damage control kicks in

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Io_ posted:

Obviously someone at CIG is secretly Adam Savage and did all the work for cost of materials + a bag of cronuts.

That's basically literally what they're saying. "Crobbits has all his movie contacts, he just had some prop guy make it for like 100 bucks."

I don't know a whole lot about doors, but seeing as how you can tell its all routered/CNC'd to hell and custom painted, plus the fact that garage door openers are designed to make 1 thing go up, not two things go sideways, plus the door actually requires infrastructure (an extra thick hollow wall, track to run on, RFID, wiring, etc), it seems a little disingenuous that this is just being played off as two pieces of wood and a used garage door opener.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
Star Citizen: the inevitable consequences of piracy: Parping

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Hopper posted:

There's not even a way to take these quotes "in context." They're presented devoid of context, so are supposed to stand on their own with no further explanation needed.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Kimsemus posted:

This thread is going super fast and I've tried going back 30 pages to get caught up, but can someone explain for those of us just arriving what :lesnick: has done now? Something to do with him posting insane stuff on an old website or what? How did this discovered? Who is Kerri Ann? MY GOD GOONS SOMEONE WRITE A SUMMARY POST TO POINT AT.

Ben has a library of 20k quotes of himself.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160416160319/http://trelane.hamtwoslices.net/index.php?latest=21914

They're absolutely amazing.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Kimsemus posted:

Bro, just click the ? on my post and read backwards a page or two of my posts.

They're already defending Ben on Reddit.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Kimsemus posted:

Ben has an "old" (no 10 years old) website with 20k+ selfquotes, who range from creepy to very disturbing and 1200 photos of some local news anchorwoman (Kerri Ann), including a photoshop with her face on that Regina Kay Walters photo.

He has admitted that it's his "joke" site is his (and even linked it) on twitter

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
There was an incident on a forum I used to go to, a few years ago, where an autistic kid learned about radio shock jocks and tried to adopt the personality of one as an alt gimmick account. He horribly misunderstood the whole concept, however, and mostly used it to hurl slurs at people. No punchline.

For some reason, this sort of reminds me of that - Ben's seen quote sites like bash.org and long-running sites and forums with an emphasis on edgy/shock humor like Jerkcity and SA and such (actually, didn't he have an SA account?) and tried to emulate those, without understanding anything about what made them funny, what made them work as "something that can be identified as at least attempting to be funny".

Instead we have, well, this.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Anything interesting is being deleted in seconds - they know. Expect damage control to start some time today

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Lime Tonics posted:

CiG has no choice but to get rid of him. I feel like a moron feeling sorry for this guy earlier. Now I just want him to disappear in a hole and never come out.

Yea i felt bad for him and tgought he was in a sad position but he doesnt deserve help

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Milky Moor posted:

That's the thing. I was a lonely kid/teenager and I'd wager a lot of the people in this thread were too. Most of these people either grow out of their shell, reinvent themselves at college, or just whatever.

But Ben stuck with Wing Commander to the extent that it basically became his entire life.

Yeah I was a lonely teenage shithead too that somehow managed to not be a disgusting sociopath, it can be done.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Yeah.

I'm taking a break for real.

poo poo's hosed.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

I feel bad for his poor wife, who'll likely be caught up in the avalanche which is about to whisk Ben off to a dark, private corner & cost them their cushy jobs. And medical coverage.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

quote:

I love war so much that I only serve people in my cafe who are active duty lifers. They also have to have lost arms or legs, preferrably both if you don't want me to spit in their food. That's a world I'd like to live in. #21,189

gently caress that whale turd!

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Also of course Reddit is defending him, they protested the removal of a forum dedicated to saying disgusting things about pictures of underage girls as possibly the worst assault on freedom in human history.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Lando is streaming himself watching the other stream watching paint dry.

https://www.twitch.tv/cigcommunity

They dont seem happy about it.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

So this current livestream is literally just watching paint dry...

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

runsamok posted:

I feel bad for his poor wife, who'll likely be caught up in the avalanche which is about to whisk Ben off to a dark, private corner & cost them their cushy jobs. And medical coverage.

Nah, it should be easy for Ben to get another job at a school. Oh...

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

if anything, Reddit's admiration for him is probably currently tripling every second.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone want to guess which one of them is ATXsperg?

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
Made it twelve seconds after putting the Ben site up on stream before getting deleted and banned.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

TTerrible posted:

Lando is streaming himself watching the other stream watching paint dry.

https://www.twitch.tv/cigcommunity

They dont seem happy about it.

He has a major "loving hell, Ben, AGAIN?!" face on.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

LOAFnick posted:

I was at Walmart earlier... And there was like these two white guys who'd shaved their heads and were wearing like chains... And they were going through all the hot wheels going "Oh, I have this one." or "I need this one"... #12700

Judge not lest ye be judged in turn etc.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:
Hol poo poo the reddit page of his blog is exploding lmao!

Also can someone find the disability quote?
This guy doensn't survive the weekend.

Also Lando looks piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssed.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Breetai posted:

This is the best thread on the forums.

$110 million was worth it for the sheer entertainment value.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:
lmao I made this quote on the zyloh chat and i got banned lol
Hehehe, the fact that we have a gay mexican she-male working on the staff probably already offends people. #14,877

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
<Trelane> hmm, why can't you eat hot pockets at work?
<BanditJLOAF> I could, but earlier I had this fantasy about eating hot pockets and watching Star Trek. And then I found out I had hot pockets in my work-lunch. So it seems sensible that I should bring them home. #19355

• Locked thread