Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Anything more than zero delegates is a pretty big win for DJT in Wyoming. He'll probably get zero delegates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Majorian posted:

I doubt Paul Ryan actually listens to them, given how completely anti-everything he stands for they are. I think his pants are on fire.

He probably listens to them but can't understand what Zach de la Rocha is saying.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

point of return posted:

He probably listens to them but can't understand what Zach de la Rocha is saying.

There's still a picture of a loving burning monk on the front cover of their album, is he literally blind to go with his figurative blidndness?

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
he likes ayn rand, don't expect anything he does to make sense

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
Under whose presidency did that monk self-immolate? That's right, a democrat named...JFK. :smug:

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

in 2016 buzzfeed is the only one doing legit oppo research on donald trump, who is the frontrunner in a republican primary that will likely end in a contested convetion. what a year

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

by Pragmatica

babypolis posted:

in 2016 buzzfeed is the only one doing legit oppo research on donald trump, who is the frontrunner in a republican primary that will likely end in a contested convetion. what a year

National Enquirer broke the John Edwards sex scandal by doing actual journalism, baffling everybody. What a decade!

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

I guess Trump running on a creationism platform makes more sense with his strong anti-vaccine plans.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

babypolis posted:

I think the dems have said they're stockpiling it.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
I'm super curious what October surprise they could have on Trump when his unfavorability is so high with most everyone and his fans are part of a cult of personality. We know he's a wife-beater, slept with his second wife while still married to his first...and his supporters don't care. Maybe an illegitimate kid who he has nothing to do with could have legs.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

babypolis posted:

I don't know, just quoting Trump and calling him literally Hitler seems like a lot less works and tends to generate plenty of page views.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I'm super curious what October surprise they could have on Trump when his unfavorability is so high with most everyone and his fans are part of a cult of personality. We know he's a wife-beater, slept with his second wife while still married to his first...and his supporters don't care. Maybe an illegitimate kid who he has nothing to do with could have legs.

would look even worse if the child didn't have legs

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Three Olives posted:

Heidi: Oh my do I ever, decorating our bedroom was a so funny, see I was at Macy’s looking at throw pillows and I took some photos with my phone to show Ted when I got home, anyways, by the time I got home he had set up a bookcase to display his 300 severed doll heads, that just wasn’t going to work, it took a long conversation but we got it down to 30 of his favorite heads.
Nobody had camera phones in 2001. My immersion

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Nameless_Steve posted:

National Enquirer broke the John Edwards sex scandal by doing actual journalism, baffling everybody. What a decade!

Barack Obama, the most influential politician of this generation, rose to prominence in no small part because Star Trek Voyager's Seven of Nine was forced to go to sex clubs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZZ0UtFUpG0

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Piquai Souban posted:

I guess Trump running on a creationism platform makes more sense with his strong anti-vaccine plans.

As the guy who causes several people who read this thread obsessively to start giggling whenever Trump's wealth comes up, you lean a too little hard on the anti-vaccine thing.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

As the guy who causes several people who read this thread obsessively to start giggling whenever Trump's wealth comes up, you lean a too little hard on the anti-vaccine thing.

Its a pretty retarded position that rightly deserves to be mocked

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/stableford/status/721411945182666752

It feels like Trump is losing lots of momentum, especially as reality sinks in that he will never wrestle the nomination from Reince's cold, dead hands.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

It feels like Trump is losing lots of momentum, especially as reality sinks in that he will never wrestle the nomination from Reince's cold, dead hands.

He's about to win 200+ delegates in the next 10 days.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
I'm glad someone recognized the immediate need for a thread name change.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

it is pretty cool the difference an apostrophe makes

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Hillary doesn't really have any personal-life scandals of self-indulgence. Her vast litany of contemptible decisions are all in the public arena.

What this tells me is that the Trump voter is wise enough to leave a person's private life alone.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

I didn't chose the Trumps Life
The Trumps Life choosed me.

e:bad grammer fix.

Bethamphetamine fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Apr 16, 2016

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

#Actually, nothing matters.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

Slate Action posted:

This has been known for awhile, so are you saying you think that he is going to avoid a contested convention at this point in time?

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Slate Action posted:

That's good. I don't want the chaos train to end quite yet. The pissing and moaning about the delegate process over the past few days made me think maybe Cruz would actually bully his way to the front.

fake e: that title name change.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Jayisspecial posted:

This has been known for awhile, so are you saying you think that he is going to avoid a contested convention at this point in time?

i thought the general notion was still that he has to WTA (or very nearly WTA) NY state, and that he also has to very nearly WTA IN and CA, and also win the majority of every other remaining state primary if he wants to guarantee 1237 between now and june.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Jayisspecial posted:

i think he was specifically referring to the 'loss of momentum' comment he was quoting - the 200+ delegates he'll get soon will indeed change the perception of trump's momentum

wrt avoiding a contested convention as said above it's a tough haul but the wins trump's in for soon will definitely change the way people talk about his chances in later primaries, and i think there's a good chance the momentum changes the way his polling looks too

as far as trump picking up unbound delegates, i think momentum could play into that, and if this is his low point momentum-wise then he's only going to get more attractive to unbound delegates from here

btw this loss of momentum isnt really showing up in trump-clinton head to heads, which flattened out right around brussels tbh
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
very hard to separate causation from correlation
bizarrely, rcp doesn't have a graph for trump's favorables aggregate but we can see that it's generally kept a constant slope in recent weeks, so that hasn't flattened out, perhaps because hillary's favorables have also been constantly moving in the same direction
http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/donald-trump-favorable-rating
http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/hillary-clinton-favorable-rating#!mindate=2015-06-01&estimate=custom
i dont really have a reason for using rcp over the pollster people huffpo bought a few cycles ago (iirc) - i guess i'm just trying to take the site that's on the other side of the political aisle from me to try to avoid groupthink. or something. but pollster's got better presentation i think

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Apr 16, 2016

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
The media is not going to watch Trump rattle off five or six big primary wins in a row and go "well actually, he was already projected to do well in the Northeast..."

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i feel like there should be an :actually,: emoticon, can you put punctuation in the :: code?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Antti posted:

Anything more than zero delegates is a pretty big win for DJT in Wyoming. He'll probably get zero delegates.

Looks like it:

quote:

Donald Trump's presidential campaign has all but thrown in the towel in Wyoming ahead of Saturday's Republican convention.

The billionaire businessman's campaign made a conscious decision not to commit resources to Wyoming, according to Alan Cobb, a senior Trump adviser.

Trump picked only up a single delegate in last month's Wyoming county conventions while rival Ted Cruz scored nine. There are 14 more delegates at stake at this weekend's state convention.

In a telephone interview with The Associated Press from the convention site in Casper, Cobb said Friday that he expects Cruz to sweep what remains of the 29 delegates up for grabs in the Wyoming convention.

Ground game matters.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/colvinj/status/721377116965769216

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
The 2016 Republican primary trumps life matters. Gaze into the abyss. Let the eclipse burn out your retinae. Where we're going you won't have need for them

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Majorian posted:

Looks like it:

Ground game matters.

we didn't spend any money on a state and then we lost that state and essentially pushed ourselves closer to a contested convention.

even if all of your internal poling data indicates that you can't win 100% of the delegates, isn't it worth putting in enough resources to create a credible presence just to bleed off some of the delegates from going to your opponent? of course they're going to take all of the delegates if you just let them.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Here's a fun TBotP article on the crazy WV delegate election process:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/trump-likely-to-win-west-virginia-but-lose-delegates-222036

quote:

West Virginia's Republican ballot is a six-page form that places the delegate elections behind dozens of state legislative and county races. Some voters, West Virginia GOP insiders said, stop voting before they make it to the delegates. But getting there is the easy part
More than 220 people are running for 22 statewide slots as convention delegates. On the ballot, they’re divided based on the candidates they support and then listed alphabetically. There are 31 for Trump, 36 for Cruz and 10 for John Kasich, who failed to file a full slate of delegates. A fourth list includes 27 “uncommitted” candidates, and there are also lists of would-be delegates for candidates who have already dropped out.

Voters wishing to select a full slate of Trump delegates can choose up to 22 of them -- though if they inadvertently select 23 or more, all of their choices are thrown out. They must also be aware of a new rule to prohibit more than two delegates from residing in a single county -- and seven from a single Congressional district -- a stipulation that isn’t mentioned on the ballot.

Yet nine of the first 22 names on Trump’s list are from populous Kanawha County, where Charleston, the state capital, is located. And if Trump voters pick them all, seven would be automatically disqualified and replaced by delegates who fit the criteria.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Lmao that is definitely happening

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i literally lolled at this i deserve death

especially the part where you have to keep track of how many boxes you checked so you dont go over 22 or else your rear end gets disenfranchised but the kanawha county part that i guess trump hosed up (it's implied the other candidates didn't?) is fun too

matters related to life are trumped. only death can save

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Cruz's delegate list:
John Whorfin
John Bigbooté
John Small Berries
John Many Jars
John Ya Ya
John Repeat Dance
John Littlejohn

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

oystertoadfish posted:

dmx has spent a lot of time in prison so like maybe he doesnt know a ton about computers but i also suspect him of the ingestion of drugs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPYbDdxBTwo

I have the same shirt that DMX is wearing in that video. :wtf:

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Zippy the Bummer posted:

I'm going to write some embarrassingly nerdish Game of Primaries fanfic for Tuesday's election. It will be from A Clash of Kings, haven't decided the perspectives yet.

Just a heads up, in case you need to put me on ignore to avoid seeing that terrible poo poo.

You haven't posted any in like 60 pages. I was getting worried you got bored of it....I even posted some to Facebook (attributed to "a superstar internet poster") and normal nongoons loved it.

More please! A couple of my friends have even taken to calling Cruz "Lord Crooze".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Cruz swept WY, tearing all the delegates from Trump tiny hands.

• Locked thread