Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Lotish posted:

I have been having trouble finding Sirris. She showed up in Firelink and said "I don't think we'll get much out of fraternization" or somesuch, and I haven't seen her since. Does she come back after certain events?

There's an item in Farron Keep you need to find and turn in to the shrine handmaiden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Catacombs...I can't handle this

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

voltcatfish posted:

Don't give up skeleton!

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

voltcatfish posted:

Weapons that deal high poise damage make the skeletons crumble

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Who ever put that first frost knight where it was is a dick.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I wish people would stop calling the third ending a "true ending" or the "best ending" when it's just a different ending.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

voltcatfish posted:

Could you tell me how to join the Mound Makers for my second character where I don't kill the greatwood?

Was a page ago and unsure if anyone answered.

Out in the Undead Settlement out close towards the church tower you'll find a big dude wandering around with an empty cage on his back on some high ground. If you approach him you can get a prompt to get in his cage and then you'll be unceremoniously chunked down into the greatwood pit where you can talk to an NPC to join the Mound Makers. He'll give you a free homeward bone to go back out once you exhaust his dialogue.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Okay I got my first crash by trying to summon people.

Anyone else have this specific problem?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
So if I missed Patches and didn't get Siegward out of the well, and I'm fighting the Pontifex boss, did I miss out on both of them? I need black firebombs and the first guy isn't at Firelink.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Azran posted:

So if I missed Patches and didn't get Siegward out of the well, and I'm fighting the Pontifex boss, did I miss out on both of them? I need black firebombs and the first guy isn't at Firelink.

He's not in the tower or in the upstairs of firelink? There's two places, make sure you check both. If he's not then I guess you did.

Doesn't greirat sell firebombs??

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

What are the purple phantoms? Also, what's the goon coop password?

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

So I finished up Dogbros, took maybe 4 1/2 hours. Stayed at lvl 30 with a +3 longsword and +3 Zweihander and I was getting summons between 10 and 90 seconds most of the time.

Want to give Way of the Blue a try, will Dogbro invasions count for that or do they have to be red or purple invaders?

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Day Man posted:

What are the purple phantoms? Also, what's the goon coop password?

purple phantoms are in the Mound Makers covenant, they're total wild cards that you summon and they can help you or fight you

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Day Man posted:

What are the purple phantoms?

Your best friends. Summon all of them.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I think our password should be: a

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Philthy posted:

Who ever put that first frost knight where it was is a dick.

I tricked him into falling in the elevator pit. Been using his sword ever since.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Actually my problem is apparently there was a bonfire shortly after the rolling ball o skeletonsand I completely loving missed it :suicide:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Zaphod42 posted:

He's not in the tower or in the upstairs of firelink? There's two places, make sure you check both. If he's not then I guess you did.

Doesn't greirat sell firebombs??

Just regular firebombs :(

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I keep invading in the Dragon Kin Mausoleum as a mad spirit, but people keep thinking i'm here to fight them, I don't get it

I just wanna help em get through :(

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

BillmasterCozb posted:

I keep invading in the Dragon Kin Mausoleum as a mad spirit, but people keep thinking i'm here to fight them, I don't get it

Then don't invade them. Lay your white sign down? Become a Sunbrow?

gently caress purple phantoms backstabbing motherfucking traitors every last one of them

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Can you turn in 30 covenant items at once for full reward or so you need to do it one by one?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I haven't been able to find Patches yet either even though I bought the tower key and scoured the top of Firelink shrine. Maybe he appears later?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
wow patches you really outdid yourself here.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

pmchem posted:

Can you turn in 30 covenant items at once for full reward or so you need to do it one by one?

Can turn in up to 10 at once.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Then don't invade them. Lay your white sign down? Become a Sunbrow?

gently caress purple phantoms backstabbing motherfucking traitors every last one of them

I'm not a traitor, I come in the name of peace and jolly cooperation through pointing out traps. And if someone just so happens to die either way, the vertebrae is a bonus

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

BillmasterCozb posted:

You can't hurt enemies in the environment if you used the red eye orb. You would have to convince the host to use a giant seed through miming in that case.

Lay down a white sign and you'll come through as a purple helper/traitor

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

BillmasterCozb posted:

I'm not a traitor, I come in the name of peace and jolly cooperation through pointing out traps.

Oh that sounds nic-

wait HOW do you point out the traps, exactly?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Oh that sounds nic-

wait HOW do you point out the traps, exactly?

yelling "HERE!" at enemies hiding in corners. The area i'm in has a lot of that.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Goddammit. I both love and hate the intricacies of all the NPC quests, but right now I just hate them. gently caress it, I'll do it in NG+ I guess. So there's no point in staying hollow now, huh? Goodbye, beef jerky.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Shortest Path posted:

Invasions always being 1v3+ fights with hostile monsters is actually worse for the pvp community of the game because they'll all stop.

sounds like invaders should get good

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

BillmasterCozb posted:

yelling "HERE!" at enemies hiding in corners. The area i'm in has a lot of that.

Oh nvm I see your style I would say convince them of your sincerity by dropping dung pies for them

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Azazell0 posted:

I haven't been able to find Patches yet either even though I bought the tower key and scoured the top of Firelink shrine. Maybe he appears later?

Probably you haven't gotten far enough.

Like the way to get him to show is to go up the lift to where the firekeeper soul was, then go back down. If he's not there, possibly he might be hanging out just past the upper exit that leads to the rooftop tower section.

Failing that, he's at the Cathedral, or you just haven't progressed enough to trigger him.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Is there more than 1 person to trade boss souls with? I want vordt's great hammer but not if there might be something else i can use the soul for thats better for a pure strength build

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Buca di Bepis posted:

sounds like invaders should get good

If you're an invader and you're not piggybacking off the efforts of the defender covenants... Smh

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
So far I'm something like 10 for 10 in killing Crystal Lizards - I'm surprised how fairly they're placed overall. Only found one I would say was placed in an assholish location, i.e. primed to jump off a cliff or the like. I'm sure everyone has bad memories of those loving lizards in Harvest Valley that jump into poison caves, or the one before Freja that jumps into the quicksand or whatever. And the one I found wasn't nearly so bad (or maybe I just got lucky with it). Other than that one, only a couple even lead you into ambushes.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
If you feel outnumbered as an invader... Then you should know that sunbro invaders get priority to hosts that are already in the processed being invaded

You're basically sunbroing for the invader

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Insurrectionist posted:

So far I'm something like 10 for 10 in killing Crystal Lizards - I'm surprised how fairly they're placed overall. Only found one I would say was placed in an assholish location, i.e. primed to jump off a cliff or the like. I'm sure everyone has bad memories of those loving lizards in Harvest Valley that jump into poison caves, or the one before Freja that jumps into the quicksand or whatever. And the one I found wasn't nearly so bad (or maybe I just got lucky with it). Other than that one, only a couple even lead you into ambushes.

Fun fact: even if you did miss one, you can just quit and reload your game, and they'll show up in the exact same spot they were before they ran off. You can literally spawn right on top of one and beat it to a pulp before the poor thing even knows if it's day or night.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Jose posted:

Is there more than 1 person to trade boss souls with? I want vordt's great hammer but not if there might be something else i can use the soul for thats better for a pure strength build

Nope, just that dude on the throne this time.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Insurrectionist posted:

There was one in the catacombs that I thought was going to get away but I think they take fall damage now?!? Because it jumped off a ledge and then I got the rewards anyway. Yeah I haven't failed to get any yet either (you know, besides the ones I didn't find or see), although I'm always worried that my tunnel vision when chasing them will lead to a bad end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Shindragon posted:

Nope, just that dude on the throne this time.

Cool. I might have to start using cheat engine to upgrade a bunch of boss soul weapons :v: