Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Your Computer posted:

So I finally got my rear end to Lothric Castle and uh... the red eyed knights here are three-shotting me with their shields. Why would you ramp up the damage that much, From. This is insane.

I don't remember it being that bad. How much Vigor do you have?

quote:

I finally got the really cool Dancer's swords and figured it's time I use something other than my straight swords but on these enemies those swords are useless :(

Daner's swords are bad, period. The upcoming patch is altering them in some way, hopefully to make them good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Does using a shriving stone get my rescources back or does it just debuff the weapon?

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

NESguerilla posted:

Does using a shriving stone get my rescources back or does it just debuff the weapon?

It just debuffs, if you just want to change the infusion you don't have to use a shriving stone, you just use another gem on it

All the gems are farmable but I'm having the damnedest time trying to get a dark gem to drop

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
goddammit I finally got to the second bonfire in irythyll juuuust as an invader came in before I could light it. I had a sunbro so whatevs, but the guy was loving T-posing and killed us both without taking a single point of damage.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Finally got all full Black Knight Set.... drat shame about the weight :smith:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Is the frostbite effect any good? Vordt's great hammer has it at 50

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Lot of the armors I got are heavy even with the two rings I equip. I probably need to respec my character. I mean I"m done but there are some fashion souls I would like to do for NG+1.

edit: I haven't tried it but considering getting frosbite not only takes your HP (I think? I could be wrong) and you get slow down for quite a bit I think it would probably would be worth the investment for PVP.

I could be wrong though.

I haven't seen many invaders use that weapon.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Boomstick Quaid posted:

If you feel outnumbered as an invader... Then you should know that sunbro invaders get priority to hosts that are already in the processed being invaded

You're basically sunbroing for the invader
It's still co-operation dammit!

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Shindragon posted:

Lot of the armors I got are heavy even with the two rings I equip. I probably need to respec my character. I mean I"m done but there are some fashion souls I would like to do for NG+1.

edit: I haven't tried it but considering getting frosbite not only takes your HP (I think? I could be wrong) and you get slow down for quite a bit I think it would probably would be worth the investment for PVP.

I could be wrong though.

I haven't seen many invaders use that weapon.

Invaders are going to stick with whatever worked in the last two games until some YouTuber starts releasing PvP builds

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Jose posted:

Is the frostbite effect any good? Vordt's great hammer has it at 50

Frostbite can actually stagger some bosses and let you visceral attack them so that's a bonus

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

Lid posted:

Forewarning to all players: never be embered for the area specifically after the boss in Ilithyl castle. You will be invaded. Relentlessly.
holy lol this

i just finished Pontiff Sulyvahn and got invaded three times in a row just in the opening area with all the sleeping giants or w/e and the dual-wielding dudes and the fireball priests and all that's probably *why* lazy reds are invading like crazy but drat

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Fhqwhgads posted:

Uh oh, I think I just screwed myself out of the 'best' ending. Is this unrecoverable or can I keep going with this plot? (Major Spoilers)

I got all 5 sigils from Yoel, Yuria is around. I've been following Anri's questline, and saw them in the Boreal Valley bonfire (I killed Horace in the Smouldering Lake). The note said to kill the Assassin, so I did, and now Yuria won't talk to me. Don't I need her for the wedding? I haven't killed the Pontiff yet, should I have done that before speaking with Anri at the Boreal Valley bonfire? I mean If I hosed myself out of the true ending, I might as well just unhollow now.

It's not really the "true ending" so people need to stop worrying so much. It's an ending with debateable merits and consequences just like all the others.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Frostbite can actually stagger some bosses and let you visceral attack them so that's a bonus

Are you sure that's the frostbite and not just you doing enough damage? I have visceraled plenty of bosses with normal weapons.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Ningyou posted:

holy lol this

i just finished Pontiff Sulyvahn and got invaded three times in a row just in the opening area with all the sleeping giants or w/e and the dual-wielding dudes and the fireball priests and all that's probably *why* lazy reds are invading like crazy but drat

Use a giant seed and party up, it's the pvp hotspot

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Andrast posted:

Are you sure that's the frostbite and not just you doing enough damage? I have visceraled plenty of bosses with normal weapons.

Poise damage can cause stagger but from what I can tell frostbite weapons stagger enemies more often than usual but I guess I can't really confirm if it actually is a factor since poise damage isn't listed

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.
Well I can now turn into a dragon man, roar, breath fire, and have giant dragon hands wreck poo poo.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Nuggan posted:

Well I can now turn into a dragon man, roar, breath fire, and have giant dragon hands wreck poo poo.

There is one final piece

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Captain Oblivious posted:

It's not really the "true ending" so people need to stop worrying so much. It's an ending with debateable merits and consequences just like all the others.

I think it's mostly because it feels like a better ending than the others?

Like the first ending was like oh yeah, figures this is what obviously would happen.

I guess I feel people feel like saying it because "maybe" this is the last game, maybe get an ending that would give sort of a satisfying conclusion to the triology? Well not conclusion but at least like hey this actually feels sorta maybe not really an ending.

Better than SOTFS ending at least.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Use a giant seed and party up, it's the pvp hotspot
where do you even find seeds though :ohdear:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
After three hours of trying I finally defeated the Abyss Watcher(s).

Funny because all in all he really wasn't that challenging once I got his movement down.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Niiiice, Fire Keeper Set looks dope on a male character. Love all these capes and robes.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Ningyou posted:

where do you even find seeds though :ohdear:

A seed regenerates on the tree giant in firelink every time you get invaded

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening

Shindragon posted:

I think it's mostly because it feels like a better ending than the others?

Like the first ending was like oh yeah, figures this is what obviously would happen.

I guess I feel people feel like saying it because "maybe" this is the last game, maybe get an ending that would give sort of a satisfying conclusion to the triology? Well not conclusion but at least like hey this actually feels sorta maybe not really an ending.

Better than SOTFS ending at least.

For my money, if I were to pick an ending to call the "true ending," the "flames fade" ending feels the most conclusive to the trilogy - it's the only one that wasn't already kinda present in the original game, and the only one that seems to suggest an end to the cycle.

dromer
Aug 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Are there any really good fist weapons? I just got the cestus and even though it's super impractical, beating the poo poo out of everything with my bare hands is so satisfying.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the enemies at the start of irithyll :prepop:

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

dromer posted:

Are there any really good fist weapons? I just got the cestus and even though it's super impractical, beating the poo poo out of everything with my bare hands is so satisfying.

There's the demon fists

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Buca di Bepis posted:

sounds like invaders should get good

There's no way to "git gud" when it comes to multiman stunlocks. If the host and his pals wont actually try to progress in the level, there's nothing you can do to stop them. You'll only manage to get a kill if they are shockingly incompetent. Which can certainly happen, but whats more likely is you all spend 5+ minutes rolling around before getting stunlocked and killed.

I've just been black crystaling out as soon as I see a host with more than one phantom. Its just not fun.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Holy poo poo Irithyll of the Boreal Valley is so pretty :swoon:

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

the enemies at the start of irithyll :prepop:

Every co-op person I summon always dies to that first fire witch and his hag guards. They run in, they die.

The dungeon is even worse. Fun tip: those weapons have a weird stunning effect, so once you get hit, you're trapped in the hit animation, which will usually kill you. Don't get hit!

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

There's no way to "git gud" when it comes to multiman stunlocks. If the host and his pals wont actually try to progress in the level, there's nothing you can do to stop them. You'll only manage to get a kill if they are shockingly incompetent. Which can certainly happen, but whats more likely is you all spend 5+ minutes rolling around before getting stunlocked and killed.

I've just been black crystaling out as soon as I see a host with more than one phantom. Its just not fun.

If you're invading in a zone with a defender covenant you can just wait for other invaders to come in, it's not that big of deal

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is there anywhere I can go at level 94 where I'll be able to get summoned for blue sentinels/darkmoon stuff or would I have more luck in NG+? I need 30 of these dumb Concord Kept things

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Is there a throwing knife vendor somewhere? I could have swore I bought a bunch off the old lady at the shrine, but she doesn't sell them anymore :(

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Ughhh I just want to do Blue Sentinel stuff so I can get this miracle but I am having zero hits on my level 71 guy sitting around the latter half of the game. Tried it on my lower level guy (40 with a +4 weapon) since someone mentioned getting a lot of of invasions in the Cathedral that way, but nope. Not a single one, even with cross-region on.

Farming them really isn't feasible. With a rusted gold coin, gold serpent ring, and mimic hat, I killed about 30 silver knights and didn't see a single one drop. Why the gently caress would they make the drop rate *that* low? It basically sounds like at this point the only option is to hope they patch in a better PvP system (probably not), add an alternate way to get the miracle (maybe?), or increase the drop rate.

I love this game, and overall I think the covenant system is pretty good this time around, but the sheer number of items you need to unlock covenant stuff is ridiculous. Bloodborne's was perfect, you only needed like 5. I'm guessing they thought it would increase PvP longevity if more people were grinding out the covenants, but that doesn't really work when half of the covenants are flat-out broken. Even sitting around with a level 25 dude was getting me no hits with Sentinels.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
hahaha jesus christ. Just invaded a guy and he burned all of his estus, then spent the next 2+ minutes sprinting away from me, of which I could do nothing because if you try to attack someone who's sprinting you slow down just enough for them to get away. He ran all the way from the giant in the dungeon to the bonfire just to summon someone so he could beat me. loving aggravating. Also somehow he just kept chugging even though I know for sure he drank more than 11.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Help Im Alive posted:

Is there anywhere I can go at level 94 where I'll be able to get summoned for blue sentinels/darkmoon stuff or would I have more luck in NG+? I need 30 of these dumb Concord Kept things

I'm convinced that Blue Sentinels is as useless as it was in DS2. I've tried multiple areas in multiple level ranges and couldn't get summoned once.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Ughhh I just want to do Blue Sentinel stuff so I can get this miracle but I am having zero hits on my level 71 guy sitting around the latter half of the game. Tried it on my lower level guy (40 with a +4 weapon) since someone mentioned getting a lot of of invasions in the Cathedral that way, but nope. Not a single one, even with cross-region on.

Farming them really isn't feasible. With a rusted gold coin, gold serpent ring, and mimic hat, I killed about 30 silver knights and didn't see a single one drop. Why the gently caress would they make the drop rate *that* low? It basically sounds like at this point the only option is to hope they patch in a better PvP system (probably not), add an alternate way to get the miracle (maybe?), or increase the drop rate.

I love this game, and overall I think the covenant system is pretty good this time around, but the sheer number of items you need to unlock covenant stuff is ridiculous. Bloodborne's was perfect, you only needed like 5. I'm guessing they thought it would increase PvP longevity if more people were grinding out the covenants, but that doesn't really work when half of the covenants are flat-out broken. Even sitting around with a level 25 dude was getting me no hits with Sentinels.

Agreed. They need to get rid of the Way of Blue covenant, and let sentinels work like the Bellkeeper covenant in DS2.

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Apr 16, 2016

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Boomstick Quaid posted:

If you're invading in a zone with a defender covenant you can just wait for other invaders to come in, it's not that big of deal

That's two zones out of an entire game so it kind of is. I don't always wanna be hanging out in the same place.

Sultan Tarquin posted:

hahaha jesus christ. Just invaded a guy and he burned all of his estus, then spent the next 2+ minutes sprinting away from me, of which I could do nothing because if you try to attack someone who's sprinting you slow down just enough for them to get away. He ran all the way from the giant in the dungeon to the bonfire just to summon someone so he could beat me. loving aggravating. Also somehow he just kept chugging even though I know for sure he drank more than 11.

This is also a problem. Catching people is basically impossible as backstabs are useless in this game. If you don't have a long weapon, you're hosed.

Course this goes both ways and you can also run like a bitch when you're gonna die.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Boomstick Quaid posted:

A seed regenerates on the tree giant in firelink every time you get invaded
o-oh

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
My non-NPC phantom spent the entire DOTD fight attacking random guys. :raise:

Also I didn't find Patches again despite restarting the game and leaving all the bridges down so I've decided to give up and go hollow instead.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Is there any functional difference between Darkmoon Blade and Lightning Blade other than their damage type? Scaling or anything like that?

If not I think I'm just gonna give up on trying to get 30 covenant items for that because it's borderline impossible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Yeah it should be put in an OP or something because that's not stated anywhere in the game