Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/m...review%3D&pUp=1 This has a fuckton of potential, like spitting and saying "gently caress" at the press of a button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

staberind posted:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/m...review%3D&pUp=1 This has a fuckton of potential, like spitting and saying "gently caress" at the press of a button.

A dedicated swear button? Finally, I've been waiting for one of those since Fifty Cent: Blood on the Sand

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

LumberingTroll posted:

Anyone miss the securtrons from FNV? This looks pretty awesome!
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11910/

I can build myself a Yes Man? gently caress YES.

EDIT: Also, if you need a reason to buy the DLC other than "you can build murderbots" and "it has pretty lights", well, here you go: https://gfycat.com/InfantileNauticalEyra

Gonkish fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Apr 12, 2016

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

LumberingTroll posted:

I love that you can give the Securtron your dead spouses face :3:

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LumberingTroll posted:

I love that you can give the Securtron your dead spouses face :3:

Should add in faces for any companions you can kill or get killed for maximum House.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

LumberingTroll posted:

"Sorry I only speak Japanese"

All I needed to know before hitting the download button.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

It's in the game!

I should take some better pictures later.

I figured it out my problems. First, I was originally using a clutter item .nif (a hammer) instead of an actual weapons's .nif, which I think was the major problem. I think the children section was all messed up causing the crash. Secondly, There was eventually a bslighting branch that wouldn't go away and had no parent, which was also causing it to crash.

I might edit the mesh some more. I'd like to move the origin lower down on the grip, maybe max the head a little narrower and see if I can make the normals 'pop' a bit more. I also need to change the blood splatter mesh, as right now it is still a tire iron. If you look closely at the third image you can actually see a bloody ghost tire iron going through the dude's back!

Update:

Blood pathes working! The original blade-mod for the tire iron is still there, and I'm not sure if I'll remove it really? Anyone know if its easy to update the origins for the weapon in nifskope, or do I need to redo it in blender?

Wrr fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Apr 14, 2016

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Just tried out the arena stuff in Wasteland Workshop by pitting a Gunner against a Yao Guai (not a fair fight) and the Gunner immediately started shooting at me and my settlers, and vice versa. Is there anyway to make captured enemies only aggro toward other captured enemies, and for settlers to stay out of it as well? The beta emitter only works on animals.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Apparently there's an idle animation bug in the new DLC.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11944/

Some guy already fixed it. The part that baffles me? They hosed up 1992 files to manage this. HOW?

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Midnight Voyager posted:

The part that baffles me? They hosed up 1992 files to manage this. HOW?

Back in the old days, you had to make every gently caress-up by hand. Now with the miracles of modern development tools, you can make one gently caress-up two thousand times.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Bethesda developed an advanced A.I. to intelligently and randomly decided which files to gently caress up and what new and creative ways to break them. They spent most of FO4's dev-time building it, it honestly was totally worth it, it'll save them tons of man-hours down the road.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Why can't I figure out where the game keeps references to the audio files that play when you listen to a holotape? I mean not the files themselves but the reference IDs that make the file play. They're not in any of what I'd consider the logical places to look in the main game .esm.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Its amazing what some people have managed with no Geck, sometimes.. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11901/

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
My game is crashing all of a sudden before loading the main menu screen any ideas?

I am playing with the survival beta, been playing with two mods (audio and interface, no .esps), for a while and things were working great. Tried installing My HUD and Full Dialogue.. Something, both only have interface files. And I'm getting instant CTDs since then.

I have no .esps so it's not that, I've tried uninstalling all the mods, it's not that, and I've tried deleting all the My Documents folders (.inis) and it's not that. Help?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

staberind posted:

Its amazing what some people have managed with no Geck, sometimes.. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11901/

The garish walls go well with the neon lingerie.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
I heard GECK Beta invites went out tonight. wonder if we will hear / see some leaks.

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe

staberind posted:

That s so tight

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Mr. Crow posted:

My game is crashing all of a sudden before loading the main menu screen any ideas?

I am playing with the survival beta, been playing with two mods (audio and interface, no .esps), for a while and things were working great. Tried installing My HUD and Full Dialogue.. Something, both only have interface files. And I'm getting instant CTDs since then.

I have no .esps so it's not that, I've tried uninstalling all the mods, it's not that, and I've tried deleting all the My Documents folders (.inis) and it's not that. Help?

Disabling Anti-Virus and it now works, in case someone else has this. Might be worth adding to the OP.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Mr. Crow posted:

If using the Survival beta depending on the Interface mod you are using, they are causing all kinds of problems. The only ones that I know of that work are the one that are made specifically for survival, like the save menu one.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I renamed the exe to Falloutlauncher to get around an infinite launch attempt loop. I then had to copy the exe and gave it the original name so that nmm can launch fallout.

Just Bethesda things.

isndl
May 2, 2012

Nasgate posted:

I renamed the exe to Falloutlauncher to get around an infinite launch attempt loop. I then had to copy the exe and gave it the original name so that nmm can launch fallout.

Just Bethesda things.

If renaming the executable solves problems that usually points to interference by another application, likely your graphics drivers trying to perform some app-specific optimizations.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

isndl posted:

If renaming the executable solves problems that usually points to interference by another application, likely your graphics drivers trying to perform some app-specific optimizations.

I renamed executables to circumvent the launcher, which was the issue. So you're right in that another app was interfering.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Looks like the CK was leaked on 4chan, some things are looking odd, currently no way to load local mod files, everything is hosted on a bethesda platform. Though apparently a dev said they will be making it so you can load local files in an update.

isndl
May 2, 2012

Nasgate posted:

I renamed executables to circumvent the launcher, which was the issue. So you're right in that another app was interfering.

Guess I completely misunderstood what you were renaming then, since you're using the NMM launcher on top of the stock launcher. At least you got it resolved.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
So, I re-entered the beta to see if i had been accepted for the ck, nope, i seem to have downloaded 700 meg of something, but its not the ck.
Ah, its survival, and now my game crashes while making a new game. sigh, no mods....

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
The CK doesnt come through steam, you get a link to their Bethesda.net launcher.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oho? I will go see whats up,
Although, If I was in, I'd have got a mail by now...

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

LumberingTroll posted:

everything is hosted on a bethesda platform.

oh no...

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

yeah thats scary. the beginning of the end of why I play bethesda open world games would be crazy restrictions and paid mods

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Give me lizard tit mods or give me death!

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Reason posted:

yeah thats scary. the beginning of the end of why I play bethesda open world games would be crazy restrictions and paid mods

I doubt this is the reason, its so they can integrate with consoles.
And since they will be allowing local mods eventually again it doesnt really matter. Paid mods was Vavles idea and Bethesda was the test dummy, I dont think they are going to risk that again.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

LumberingTroll posted:

I doubt this is the reason, its so they can integrate with consoles.
And since they will be allowing local mods eventually again it doesnt really matter. Paid mods was Vavles idea and Bethesda was the test dummy, I dont think they are going to risk that again.

Bethesda will learn from their mistakes.

:ohdear:

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Important mod coming through

Some dumb lore things that'll make some people happy, but I do agree with the author about the stupidity of the existence of T-60 Power Armor.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Important mod coming through

Some dumb lore things that'll make some people happy, but I do agree with the author about the stupidity of the existence of T-60 Power Armor.

whats the reason t-60 is stupid?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Reason posted:

whats the reason t-60 is stupid?

T-51 is repeatedly referred to as the "pinnacle" of pre-war power armor technology... yet the T-60 exists and is strictly better than T-51 in the game. That makes sense for the X-01, which was developed post-war (by the Enclave), but T-60 just appeared out of nowhere, and was ham-fisted into lore by suggesting that it was developed concurrently -- though separately -- alongside T-51. Supposedly it was developed too late to be used in Alaska, and instead was used for peacekeeping in the US (which was really loving unstable up to the bombs).

The argument is basically that the T-60 should be a post-war thing, or not exist at all. Fallout 3 gave us the T-45, which makes sense as a precursor to T-51. It's less protective and clearly less advanced in its design. It's the first iteration, and is referred to as the first power armor suits deployed in action. The T-51 is developed as a replacement, and is still referred to as the "pinnacle of pre-war tech" in FO4. Yet the T-60 is there, is pre-war... and is better. It's mostly just nitpicking Bethesda's gloriously lovely writing, but from a lore standpoint it doesn't make a lot of sense, so I can sort of understand the reasoning.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

I was hoping it would have been the Brotherhood's homegrown power armor tech, but instead :v:

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Gonkish posted:

T-51 is repeatedly referred to as the "pinnacle" of pre-war power armor technology... yet the T-60 exists and is strictly better than T-51 in the game. That makes sense for the X-01, which was developed post-war (by the Enclave), but T-60 just appeared out of nowhere, and was ham-fisted into lore by suggesting that it was developed concurrently -- though separately -- alongside T-51. Supposedly it was developed too late to be used in Alaska, and instead was used for peacekeeping in the US (which was really loving unstable up to the bombs).

The argument is basically that the T-60 should be a post-war thing, or not exist at all. Fallout 3 gave us the T-45, which makes sense as a precursor to T-51. It's less protective and clearly less advanced in its design. It's the first iteration, and is referred to as the first power armor suits deployed in action. The T-51 is developed as a replacement, and is still referred to as the "pinnacle of pre-war tech" in FO4. Yet the T-60 is there, is pre-war... and is better. It's mostly just nitpicking Bethesda's gloriously lovely writing, but from a lore standpoint it doesn't make a lot of sense, so I can sort of understand the reasoning.

Plus it just looks like fatter T-45d armor. Even Bethesda's version of a Mk II Enclave armor in 3 at least looked distinctive.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
The Enclave Minutemen replacer mod is more hilariously awkward, poor Preston.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

I assumed the t-60 was just up-armored t-45 like a sherman jumbo compared to a normal sherman rather than its own branch of power armor design, it doesn't make sense for it to be better than t51 though. Personally I would have switched them around.

Man Whore fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Apr 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

It's kind of ironic that the lore which Fallout 4 contradicts the most is Fallout 3. It's like Bethesda can't even remember their previous games.

• Locked thread