Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Wafflz posted:

nerds on derek's hate subreddit killed poo poo lesnick said

Time for a new Twitter account - with a name that puts things in perspective - like "LesnickAt25YearsOld".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

cocaine dad show posted:

Was this a very recent thing?
It was a while ago, I want to say sometime last year... but reading these threads does strange things to your perception of time.

It could be a few months, it could be a hundred loving years. Sorry I can't be more helpful, other than to corroborate that it was indeed a thing that (was said to have) happened.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
I had a dream that I was giving a speech in speech class and I ended up saying something really racist, and then to cover for it I claimed it was because I secretly wished I was black. I really shouldn't do any public speaking ever. #21,601

The perfect community manager, ladies and gentlemen!

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
Yeah, we should go to Asia... they probably have a lot of cheap Asian pr0n over there... #10379

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Scruffpuff posted:

I'm 100% on board with CIG being burned to the ground for everything they've done. 100%. But I feel worse for the people who plunked down $45-$100 or so because they got suckered, much moreso than the people who willfully ruined themselves financially. The second group did the wrong thing even if CIG was totally on the level.

Eh, people lose 45-100 bucks every time they buy something from Ubisoft or try something early access. Gaming occupational hazard.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
I picked up some kettle popcorn at the store this morning. Good purchase so far

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Galarox, great to see you back.

Codekeeper
Feb 10, 2013

Innocence proves nothing.

Galarox posted:

Hello all..

Been catching up with the thread (which is impossible... 500 or so pages since I was last online) then, skipping around I saw the Lesnageddon. OMG. He's got to be a dead man walking.

Walking is a bit strong for what he does to get around. Waddle maybe?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Lime Tonics posted:

Thats like 5000 calories at least. He is going to eat them all himself in one sitting at the same time.

paarp

FTFY.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
drat, I'm like...seriously getting angry here lol. I best just go to bed. I'm sure overnight this thread will write itself to make me mad again in the morning.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Kakarot posted:

:aaa:

Isn't Toast Asian?

Well, to be fair, my minority friends and I love to insult each other. As our old motto dating back to highschool is "If you think ive crossed the line, then you know ive hit my mark."

Buffster
Aug 24, 2004
Because I am...
Grimey Drawer
Christ, this fiasco really is the gift that keeps on giving.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Jason Sextro posted:

Galarox, great to see you back.

Been super-busy irl. No time for the thread so I'm missing all the comedy :(

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Allah smiles upon this thread, bright times are ahead in CIG land!!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Scruffpuff posted:

Time for a new Twitter account - with a name that puts things in perspective - like "LesnickAt25YearsOld".

and a subreddit for backup

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

stinch posted:

If it was the character team it's known about.

And here I was feeling like a super spy with all the info, pssh. :allears:

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

CrazyLoon posted:

Even if he did that, he wrote this, in his own words, 'when he was at school' - what he didn't mention is that he WORKED AT THE SCHOOL AS AN EMPLOYEE.

And now he is seriously admitting with this latest tweet, that what he wrote back then about 13-year olds and sex ect. was serious and NOT a joke!

Jesus H. Christ...just...no really, if journalists or at the drat least orgs like FF don't rip a loving crater into CIG for trying to whitewash or play this off like it's no big deal to have a guy like this in charge of community management since the very start, I seriously don't want to live on this planet anymore.

After having read the posts in the original reddit thread and now the Derek Smart subreddit, and all the justifications and excuses, I am not sure I want to live on this planet either.

These are people who probably think the Stimpire sounds like a grand vision.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Yesterday was a perfect storm of disaster, revelation, comedy, and popcorn.
There's always more and it's always worse, but the “more” and “worse” comes at manageable intervals that let us milk it for a while. It would be topped, but we'd have fun with that stuff for at least a weak. Except, we didn't.

Today, we have this. A few hours after the most perfect day ever, today happens. How?! Such things never happen. It simply can't happen.

THIS THREAD IS IMPOSSIBLE!!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Mr.Tophat posted:

You've got the touch! You've got the pow-aaaaaaaa

YEAH!

Sir, all I heard over the security system was someone screaming "LANDING SUCCESSFL? YOU LOVE ME?"

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

CrazyLoon posted:

Honestly, I think you went as far with that as you could. Any further and it really wouldn't have been funny at all. So once again, GJ on your music.

Yeah I felt the best angle was the sense of the original, but also point out how hosed up it is. I do wonder that he's not around just one person who could take him aside and explain this to him. People like Ben are often enabled by apathy.

Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015

Scruffpuff posted:

Probably will get canned quickly too because, let's face it, most of Lesnick's highly intelligent quotes do violate parts of the Twitter rules/TOS since they essentially are nothing more than racist/sexist bigotry and hate speech.

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

It's amazing that shitizens are actually defending ben on twitter. Sickening even.

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/DukeMonz/status/721447761061789697

A Lone Girl Flier
Sep 29, 2009

This post is dedicated to all those who fell by the forums, for nothing is wasted, and every apparent failure is but a challenge to others.
holy breitbart news this will be enormous

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

They probably think he was just an angry 14 year old loser like they were/are. Turns out he was an employed adult :whitewater:

A Lone Girl Flier
Sep 29, 2009

This post is dedicated to all those who fell by the forums, for nothing is wasted, and every apparent failure is but a challenge to others.
Ben Lesnick said things so bad you can't say them on twitter

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
Someone find out if Bens a democrat. Another quasi pedo weirdo democrat will get some play. They do internet stuff on occasion

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

TTerrible posted:

Hi Jared.

You're still a piece of poo poo for perpetuating this scam even if you do appeal to the goon sense of humour.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

CrazyTolradi posted:

Do you think Alexis has known how poo poo Ben is the whole time and is secretly trying to kill him off?

She figures she has to do it, both for the life insurance and before Ben decides to use her as a skin suit, so he can become the the perfect waifu Chris deserves.

(gently caress me sideways, talk about this thread breaking people. Would I have EVER typed something like this before my time in the trenches? Yeah. No.)

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

grimcreaper posted:

Didnt someone just say last night they had ordered Enemy Mine for a friend in this very thread?

https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/721401537847635968

Wasnt it... SpaceToaster?!

This thread hasnt hit its peak... i must stay awake.

BOOM

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

SurfaceDetail posted:

Someone find out if Bens a democrat. Another quasi pedo weirdo democrat will get some play. They do internet stuff on occasion

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Ezekeel posted:

This must be the first time I see Lesnick actually taking responsibility for something he said/did. He probably realized not even he could weasel his way out of this one by twisting words and lying like he usually does.

No. He's being coached by Swofford and the spindoctor they apparently called in.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances
This guy had a LOT to say about Hitler

---------------------------

I remember the first time I met up with robo-Hitler... #7,064

You're probably worse than that guy who shot Hitler... #10,171

Anyways, I was thinking... WCA came out after WCIV, and because it takes place before they can have Tolwyn in it... even though he later turned into a genocidal maniac... thusly, once we get a few promo clips ready, I'd like to demo my animated series "Young Adolph Hitler" to UPN... Hey Tre, you'd watch a show based on Hitler's wacky adventures during World War I, right? #10,333

Hitler action figures... Hitler brand clothing... Hitler toothbrushes... large plush Hitlers... He could have an adorable talking animal friend... #10,336

But what if I meet my future wife, get married have children and the children become th e next hitlers... and then I'll never have the chance to have genocidal kids:~( #10,413

HITLER is a lot like !LOAF #10,417

Well, you know, if I ever go on a shooting rampage, suddely I'll be part of the evil Hitler loving "DALnet" Cult... #13,270

That's what they said about Hitler's war machine, too. #13,793

No, I was worshipping Hitler before Hiter-Worshipping was cool. #15,698

Adolf Hitler said that I'm a member of the master race. #16,574

If Hitler showed up and wanted to take his photo with me, I'd probably do it. #18,427

If Hitler and I were buddies he'd call me "old man" as a joke.
And we'd fight crime and stuff. Somewhere Byydo is strangling himself because he's not part of this conversation. #19,210

They need a new Hitler to sort things out. #20,001

<LOAF> What day is Easter this year? I was born on Easter once. I'll ask Jeeves. Neat, he knew. April 20th.
<Trelane> So Hitler gets Easter and you don't :(
<LOAF> That'll ruin the Hitler party I have planned. Unless I make it a sexy Hitler/Jesus party. #20,337

<Trelane> oh wow, I need to get a present for Hitler's birthday
<LOAF> You could just have a Hitler moustache for the day. And people who don't like Hitler can have a reverse-Hitler moustache. With the part in the middle shaved and the rest having hair. #21,548

Ooooh... is one of them *my* birthday? Because mine is in a few weeks. I usually have a joint party with Hitler. #21,154

Say what you will about Hitler, he genetically selected some attractive women. #21,609

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Galarox posted:

Been super-busy irl. No time for the thread so I'm missing all the comedy :(

You needn't worry, as you've probably figured out there's always more.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
goddamnit ben

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

KM Scorchio posted:

This thread is monstrous. It is dwarfed only by Derek's ego.

Yeah....that's stretching it I think.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Whilst morally repugnant, these reactions are potentially a GOOD thing. The more denials, justifications and excuses that the community make for the horrendously bigotted things that Ben has said, the more story material is generated.

If CIG sacked Ben immediately and issued a statement saying they deplored such prejudice and bigotry, then it wouldn't really be much of a story. CIG would come out looking a bit dim for not having vetted him more thoroughly, but their response would seem understandable and professional in the eyes of the media.

If however CIG dig in, deny, equivocate and make excuses, and if the community insist he said and did nothing wrong - then that makes more of a story - its not just one guy saying bigotted crap - its him being backed up and supported by CIG and the playerbase in what he said - which is a bigger story.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Waldo P Barnstormer posted:

Ben Lesnick said things so bad you can't say them on twitter

and yet they have no issues with ISIS. That is loving impressive.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Ponzi posted:

Did you mean to write conversation?. Otherwise, I don't understand.

Yeah, mobile + fat fingers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

Lime Tonics posted:

If the dude who made stardew valley changed it to be a mobile app, dude would be a billionaire by now. 5 coins for a full energy recharge 99 cents. No penalty for staying out past 2 am, 10 coins $1.50, best value!

You are evil. EVIL.

• Locked thread