Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D_Smart posted:

Yeah....that's stretching it I think.

Yeah this thread is only 3300 pages

:D

catte edit, a catte employed by a school, just like Ben Lesnick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Tigey posted:

Whilst morally repugnant, these reactions are potentially a GOOD thing. The more denials, justifications and excuses that the community make for the horrendously bigotted things that Ben has said, the more story material is generated.

If CIG sacked Ben immediately and issued a statement saying they deplored such prejudice and bigotry, then it wouldn't really be much of a story. CIG would come out looking a bit dim for not having vetted him more thoroughly, but their response would seem understandable and professional in the eyes of the media.

If however CIG dig in, deny, equivocate and make excuses, and if the community insist he said and did nothing wrong - then that makes more of a story - its not just one guy saying bigotted crap - its him being backed up and supported by CIG and the playerbase in what he said - which is a bigger story.

They can't really do anything. They would prove the escapist right either way.

Ben is a catch 22 now.

Next few days gonna be fun.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

:aaaaa:

Gnoll Pie
Jun 17, 2005

Quintilius Varus, give me back my legions!
Huzzah, downloaded the first episode of Pokemon Advanced Generation. Hehe, this is so great. May is pretty hot for a ten year old. #21,520

Huzzah, downloaded the first episode of Pokemon Advanced Generation. Hehe, this is so great. May is pretty hot for a ten year old. #21,520

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Haskell9 posted:

You are evil. EVIL.

Star Citizen has turned me into a cold hearted capitalistic bastard!!!

Nah, I'm out , time to eat.

paaarp

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

I'm near the fountain getting my bi monthly drink of water

Bi-monthly drink? Ain't you a posh little wanker?

Us proper geezers get to look at the fountain twice a year!

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015
Holy poo poo. Saw that the thread exploded, so I caught up with the past 10 or so pages. Wish I hadn't this is just sickening :(

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Sadly that post is gone.. I mean, i could be failing to use the search function correctly, but i came up with my 2 posts and G0rfs talking about photoshopping Lesnicks picture in the tweet. I have a pretty terrible memory, but i know for fact the post said "I just recently ordered a copy of Enemy Mine for a friend." when the topic switched to the author for a second.

This is going to absolutely drive me insane becuase i wont be able to remember who posted it.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
A different newscaster

Pilgrim Ship

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Ezekeel posted:

This must be the first time I see Lesnick actually taking responsibility for something he said/did. He probably realized not even he could weasel his way out of this one by twisting words and lying like he usually does.

Instead, calling himself a “kid” at age 20–25 will work wonders. Especially since there's quite a lot of recent behaviour to suggest he hasn't changed since then…

As much as I don't like ye olde internet psychologising, I'm suspecting that there is a whole host of developmental deficiencies at play here. :(

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Look guys, I totally used to be a racist, Hitler-lover who lusted after a 10-year old anime character! But that was when I was in my mid-20s! I've changed!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
This was in the wcnews.com/loaf/funstuff directory: http://www.wcnews.com/loaf/funstuff/ncodbdrama.htm

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Tigey posted:

Whilst morally repugnant, these reactions are potentially a GOOD thing. The more denials, justifications and excuses that the community make for the horrendously bigotted things that Ben has said, the more story material is generated.

If CIG sacked Ben immediately and issued a statement saying they deplored such prejudice and bigotry, then it wouldn't really be much of a story. CIG would come out looking a bit dim for not having vetted him more thoroughly, but their response would seem understandable and professional in the eyes of the media.

If however CIG dig in, deny, equivocate and make excuses, and if the community insist he said and did nothing wrong - then that makes more of a story - its not just one guy saying bigotted crap - its him being backed up and supported by CIG and the playerbase in what he said - which is a bigger story.

This

:agreed:

Codekeeper
Feb 10, 2013

Innocence proves nothing.

Tippis posted:

Instead, calling himself a “kid” at age 20–25 will work wonders. Especially since there's quite a lot of recent behaviour to suggest he hasn't changed since then…

As much as I don't like ye olde internet psychologising, I'm suspecting that there is a whole host of developmental deficiencies at play here. :(

He hasn't responded to anyone confronting him about his age at the time not matching up with what he's saying.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Mirificus posted:

This was in the wcnews.com/loaf/funstuff directory: http://www.wcnews.com/loaf/funstuff/ncodbdrama.htm

'You exadurate'

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Galarox posted:

Yeah, we should go to Asia... they probably have a lot of cheap Asian pr0n over there... #10379

:bravo:

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
hes such a manchild i bet he does actually believe he was a 'kid' at 25

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

grimcreaper posted:

Sadly that post is gone.. I mean, i could be failing to use the search function correctly, but i came up with my 2 posts and G0rfs talking about photoshopping Lesnicks picture in the tweet. I have a pretty terrible memory, but i know for fact the post said "I just recently ordered a copy of Enemy Mine for a friend." when the topic switched to the author for a second.

This is going to absolutely drive me insane becuase i wont be able to remember who posted it.

the twist is that you posted it.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Strategic Tea posted:

He loving what?

Yea he was working at a school

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013
First thought was ha, here is their scapegoat; for a couple of weeks at least.
But no, they are already started spinning it.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Gnoll Pie posted:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Tank Boy Ken posted:

And thus the denizens of the SC thread recoiled together. As the horror in front of their eyes was real. Or at least really virtual.

I saw such things when I enlisted in the Smart Army. poo poo you can't even imagine. poo poo you can never unsee. <shudders>

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

SurfaceDetail posted:

hes such a manchild i bet he does actually believe he was a 'kid' at 25

and 34

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
This thread is like the biggest in joke between the biggest number of people, and every day the in joke gets a thousand more in joke with in jokes and they're all so demented and in jokey that it becomes like a fever dream to even imagine what the original joke was.

the original joke is star citizen

Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015

Tippis posted:

D_Smart posted:

No. He's being coached by Swofford and the spindoctor they apparently called in.

On the one hand I would not really be surprised if a professional psychiatrist would come to the conclusion that Lesnick back when writing these comments (and probably even still nowadays) has some deficiencies in character development compared to a 'normal' adult person. On the other hand I just read that Lesnick's first instinct was to go back to his usual modus operandi of lying and twisting words by passing of these comments as jokes and taken out of context. So I guess Derek is probably right and this post is Swafford realizing that simply lying will not cut it this time and some smarter plan is needed to get out of this poo poo, so they went with the 'the past is the past' and 'i am a changed man nowadays' route.

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013
Don't know, i feel a little bit sad. Can't bring myself to enjoy it 100%. Do not know why.

A Lone Girl Flier
Sep 29, 2009

This post is dedicated to all those who fell by the forums, for nothing is wasted, and every apparent failure is but a challenge to others.
https://twitter.com/discolando/status/721446939372335104

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

...apologies if someone has done this already.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Nellistos posted:

Don't know, i feel a little bit sad. Can't bring myself to enjoy it 100%. Do not know why.

if it makes you feel better hes prob too fat/slow to molest anyone

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

This thread is like the biggest in joke between the biggest number of people, and every day the in joke gets a thousand more in joke with in jokes and they're all so demented and in jokey that it becomes like a fever dream to even imagine what the original joke was.

the original joke is star citizen

Never forget.

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Risc1911 posted:

...apologies if someone has done this already.

:golfclap:

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

intardnation posted:

the twist is that you posted it.

Son of a bitch.. You got me. Im Disco Lando. Ive been a goon for 3-ish years and a lurker for about 7.

Hi Sandi! Ask me, the REAL Disco Lando, about all the creepy pedo stuff Ben likes to talk about. He also likes to talk about how you look like a 9 year old boy quite a bit more than youd imagine.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Tippis posted:

I take no responsibility — it's all your fault.

Post from the distant past, but holy hell is this great. I've been cackling like a maniac for minutes, and I can't even describe why for my non-initiate friends. I mean, how could I?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Natron posted:

You couldn't put a regular door in for $300, let alone that monstrosity. That door cost $10,000 MINIMUM. It has a card reader. It's got two pockets built into an existing wall. There's custom metalwork and paint on the doors themselves.

But no, they're right. I'm sure someone found those doors dumpster diving and found some spare parts on Craigslist and put it all together themselves on their time off for $300. Jesus Christ.

Or, as a Shitizen told me when I was arguing about the sofa, Chris and Sandi DO have their OWN money, and they probably bought it out of pocket.

Sure the same is for the doors.

Of course, most companies make the money THEN do the shiny fun workplace. Like the rest of the development cycle, CIG gets is rear end backwards.

Interesting thought - Most "cool" tech workplaces offer free meals. Makes me wonder why CIG doesn-Oh, yeah, Ben.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Just lol at the fact that Smart's been working on destroying SC for the past year just to have noted shitstain Ben Lesnick steal it out from under him. Dear God this thread has been amazing. :allears:

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Me reading the last twenty pages:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx3Mc-ORKdM&t=3s

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

http://www.pcinvasion.com/star-citizen-free-next-week

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

It's beautiful. It is truly their masterpiece.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

grimcreaper posted:

It ain't me. Look, here's proof: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3720155&pagenumber=1

Lando certainly doesn't live in the south, and certainly doesn't rebuild WWII vehicles.

quote:

They are working with David Swofford and some other PR spin doctor on damage control.

Word is that a statement will be issued next week in which apologies will be given (in the forums I hear), the spin will be that it's all taken out of context, it's in the past (!) etc.

Apparently the CIG execs don't appear to think it's a big deal. THAT should worry the entire Star Citizen community.

For us rank and file goons this is an easy win. We've got the most horrible quotes imaginable, by the truck load.

There's nothing they can do. They can put out any statement claiming anything they want. All we have to do is follow it with: "If I were Bruce Willis in Armageddon, I'd have sex with my daughter." - Ben Lesnick

Rinse/Repeat

We already got them to SHUT DOWN CHAT on one twitch with nothing but a few choice quotes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Finally caught up with the thread, man what an explosion. I guess after seeing all this Lesnick stuff I'm left wondering...why? Why wouldn't you delete this when you got a job interacting with the internet? Even if you own all that repugnant poo poo, it was just a potential shitstorm you'd have to deal with.

I'm reminded of how I felt about Ross Ulbricht's mycrimes.txt. Just, why?

• Locked thread