Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

So this frost beast/knight/thing underneath an elevator, how the gently caress do you deal with him (that doesn't involve bow cheese)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
hit it until its dead while also not getting so much that you die

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

*clap gesture*

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Captain Oblivious posted:

Who? Do you mean Yhorm?

Nope, secret area boss #2. and 3 maybe. I don't know. A real fucker I give up on, anyway. I can't even help someone else win. I haven't helped anyone come close. I'd rather beat the game on this awful run and start over than figure it out.

I just don't get why I didn't ring the bell, like a good boy, and there's nothing loving here. I have three stones and none of them are usable. There is nowhere obvious to join the faction to be able to? I guess I never sat on the dragon's face. And I ran from that one dragon on the way to the top but he never came back. Other than that I've looked pretty thoroughly and sat everywhere.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

gifs that end too early. so what happened when you got sent back?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

double nine posted:

So this frost beast/knight/thing underneath an elevator, how the gently caress do you deal with him (that doesn't involve bow cheese)

Run past him and open the door. Then you can take your time with him since he won't go beyond that door.

So today I had to turn online mode off because I would not stop being invaded in the swamps. It really became frustrating dealing with one guy after the next when I just wanted to continue with the main game. Is there a way to keep playing online, but to prevent any invasions?

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

BisterdDave posted:

Run past him and open the door. Then you can take your time with him since he won't go beyond that door.

So today I had to turn online mode off because I would not stop being invaded in the swamps. It really became frustrating dealing with one guy after the next when I just wanted to continue with the main game. Is there a way to keep playing online, but to prevent any invasions?

Join way of the blue, let them deal with invading schlubs?

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

panda clue posted:

gifs that end too early. so what happened when you got sent back?

A successful summoning always puts you a few feet back from where you were when you were summoned and also resets all enemies, and also gfycat only allows 15 seconds.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

How do you get to the catacombs bonfire? I can't find it and the boss run is absolutely treacherous.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

NESguerilla posted:

How do you get to the catacombs bonfire? I can't find it and the boss run is absolutely treacherous.

It's near the second Indiana Jones

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

BisterdDave posted:

Don't stay in embered form

Podges
Nov 25, 2002

I've never played with invasions before, always preferred to co op and be nice. But I just spent the evening invading the forest and have finally found a taste for blood. Great fights too! Several excellent clusterfucks with phantoms of all colours. But the last one on one duel ended with me getting in a backstab by sheer luck. Poor bastard. I was just trying to roll around a tree.

I'm not even past the early areas of the game and I'm really tempted to make a second character for trying out the purple bros...

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Hmmm..I sure do hate the King of Storms

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Catacombs of Carthus is pretty neat. I just want one of those loving curved sword skellingtons to drop me their sword!

Meatsicle
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
This thread is just not worth reading right now with all the unnecessary spoiler tags. How long until you guys stop spoiler tagging completely out of context area/boss/item names?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Tabletops posted:

my invasion win/loss is like 5 wins to 50 losses. it's terrible.

drat, what do you think you're doing wrong? I love invading, I'm done w/ tongues so now I'm farming sunlight medals with it. It's much faster than cooping for em.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Should I do Smouldering Lake around the same time as Catacombs of Carthus, or wait a bit?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Harrow posted:

Should I do Smouldering Lake around the same time as Catacombs of Carthus, or wait a bit?

Considering that the Lake is at the literal end of the Catacombs, probably not?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Emalde posted:

Considering that the Lake is at the literal end of the Catacombs, probably not?

I found my way there before I reached the Catacombs boss, so I wasn't too sure.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Everyone! I can see him! The Sheriff is a Near

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Work Friend Keven posted:

Everyone! I can see him! The Sheriff is a Near

who shot the sheriff??

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWMfpfYb03s

So trying this combo when I get home :getin:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

turtlecrunch posted:

It's near the second Indiana Jones

Could you be a little more specific?

E: found it

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Apr 17, 2016

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
If anybody has a character who has trouble with the Fume Knight Sword guy or wants to get it at on a low SL build or whatever you can bait the black knight from the bridge upstairs into following you to him and they'll beat the poo poo out of each other

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

I'm enjoying the Exile Greatsword...with two caveats, first, the R1 sucks for killing crystal lizards, and I need to git gud, and second, I think the weapon art is terrible, unless I'm missing something. It doesn't seem to have that much more of an arc than the R1 attack, and it does significantly less damage. Please tell me I'm missing something.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

The gist of it seems to be that Dark Souls 1 and 3 are primarily about the First Flame and the cycle of Linking the Fire, Dark Souls 2 is focused on asking the question "What IS the Curse of Undeath and how can it be overcome?" and the issue of the Flame is secondary.

From what I've read elsewhere, DS2 makes a lot more sense for someone coming from a non-Christian background because it seems to be asserting that the Curse of Undeath is want, materialism, worldly attachment and that conversely dragons are enlightened bodhissatva-esque beings who have seen the true shape of the universe or something of that nature and are not bound by Want, the recurring keyword of Dark Souls 2. It's been a while since I really dug into it.

Pretty much. There's even elements of this in Dark Souls with the Gaping Dragon, a descendant of the Everlasting Dragons that was corrupted by life/want making it how it is when you fight it.

Meatsicle posted:

This thread is just not worth reading right now with all the unnecessary spoiler tags. How long until you guys stop spoiler tagging completely out of context area/boss/item names?

Oh no, spoiler tags, however will I read anything...

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Genocyber posted:

Pretty much. There's even elements of this in Dark Souls with the Gaping Dragon, a descendant of the Everlasting Dragons that was corrupted by life/want making it how it is when you fight it.

Oh no, spoiler tags, however will I read anything...

You don't fin dthis shit annoying to read?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I hate the shotel skeleton knights so much. They are the absolute worst.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Man, people like complaining about Dark Souls 2's hitboxes but at least that game didn't have anything nearly as bad as the Goop-Dragons-Growing-Out-Of-Hollows in this game. They deal damage in a 360 radius seemingly at random and every hit takes off over half of my health at 20 VGR and heavy armor. They have some animations, but it's not like you can see them if you're in range to attack and since they're constantly going SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE you really don't have any tell of when to dodge. Blocking is useless since they'll easily hit you behind your shield if you're anywhere close.

And of course they decided to put a bunch of them in an area also covered in toxic ground. This game has a bunch of good design, but this is not it.

Minrad posted:

You don't fin dthis shit annoying to read?

Jesus christ you'd think a spoiler killed your family or something the way you cry about it :qq:

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Great Belfry question.

If I ring the bell, am I going to lose loot? Those message warnings make it sound like a lot of things are about to get blown up and maybe inaccessible

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

argondamn posted:

Great Belfry question.

If I ring the bell, am I going to lose loot? Those message warnings make it sound like a lot of things are about to get blown up and maybe inaccessible

You'll have to beat a boss to return the area to normal but nothing will be permanently lost.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
I'm going insane!

9 more shackles.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I feel like this is a definite boss that everyone but me finds really easy, but the Catacombs boss has my number completely.

Isn't the advice to ignore the skeletons because he'll kill them? That doesn't seem to be happening for me, His swings go right over their heads. I also can't hit the right bracelet at all without running into the dark cloud on his ribcage. This boss is wrecking me on every level.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

double nine posted:

Kite him to the elevator then trick him into falling down the hole.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Your Computer posted:

Jesus christ you'd think a spoiler killed your family or something the way you cry about it :qq:

He's right though, it is really annoying when people do spoiler tags like that instead of just one block or just like abbreviating the name like a normal person

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXp8Th41rBs

Unlrelated. I invaded a guy and he was stood there alone with full smough armour & hammer so I figure okay, let's loving game.

Then a second person walked out

Then a THIRD one walked out and slowly walked at me with their hammers held high.

I still won :c00lbert:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Your Computer posted:

this, only it's you, and it's a ds3 mob

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Harrow posted:

I feel like this is a definite boss that everyone but me finds really easy, but the Catacombs boss has my number completely.

Isn't the advice to ignore the skeletons because he'll kill them? That doesn't seem to be happening for me, His swings go right over their heads. I also can't hit the right bracelet at all without running into the dark cloud on his ribcage. This boss is wrecking me on every level.

And just after I posted this I wrecked him in 20 seconds.

Welp.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Are there any enemies that drop titanite slabs? There are too many weapons I want to +10 to try in PvP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Editing my deathreels for DS3 and I can't believe I was so poo poo.

Listening to old Photek while deep in Sony Vegas for that work and suddenly I'm inspired to make a twin-katana twink that chomps through one SL range of PvP after another. I wanna make the Sword Master (is that the English name of the NPC and summon?) gimmick 100%.