Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

twistedmentat posted:

I realized what was bugging me about the future episode, it really felt like a Stargate Episode, and now the whole show just makes me think of Stargate.

Where my time loop/golf episode at, CW?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

jscolon2.0 posted:

Where my time loop/golf episode at, CW?

The ship gets stuck in a loop, and while everyone else is running around trying to fix it, Snart and Sara just chill out.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Krad posted:

I'm okay with Mick ending every episode telling everyone how much they should be making GBS threads their pants because they sent another assassin better than the last one that got fried in less than 5 minutes.

If it becomes super hero power rangers I'm ok with that.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Bad Moon posted:

All of the Arrowverse shows could probably take a page or two out of Toei's tokusatsu collection and not come out any worse.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Bad Moon posted:

"Gideon! Savage has escaped! Recruit us some loser superheroes with expendability!"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The Time Gazelle gets stuck in a black hole, extending time and space beyond existence. Snart and Stein fight to save the team with by combining astrophysics with theatricality. Sarah makes out with herself. Ray is replaced with a tree stump.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Did it seem to anyone else like the guy playing Jonah Hex was speaking carefully to avoid ripping off the makeup?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

boom boom boom posted:

Did it seem to anyone else like the guy playing Jonah Hex was speaking carefully to avoid ripping off the makeup?

Speaking of which, is that an actual thing about Jonah Hex or was that just something that might have happened to him on one of his adventures?

Hell, I don't even know what the deal is about Jonah Hex and this episode didn't tell me anything about him other than he's a bounty hunter in the old west?

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
I wasn't a big fan of the Hex makeup, it looked less like a hole in his face and more like a piece of pizza cheese stuck on his lips

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

ApeHawk posted:

Speaking of which, is that an actual thing about Jonah Hex or was that just something that might have happened to him on one of his adventures?

It's an actual thing, long story short he got caught in an Apache trial by combat with a sabotaged weapon and won by illegally pulling a second knife, but the chief only saw the knife and scarred him with a hot tomahawk in punishment for his dishonorable conduct. He's usually pretty seriously fugly, like this:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rarity posted:

The Time Gazelle gets stuck in a black hole, extending time and space beyond existence. Snart and Stein fight to save the team with by combining astrophysics with theatricality. Sarah makes out with herself. Ray is replaced with a tree stump. No one notices.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
It's 1065, and England is on the verge of the Battle of Hastings. The crew of the SS Minute Minnow discover Joan of Arc will somehow be at the battle and decide they must fix history for once. Joan of Arc turns out to be none other than Vandal Savage. In a hilarious bit of dialogue, Jax assumes the Norman Invasion was just one man named Norman. Kendra and Rip get into a fight with a horse and lose.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
You missed out on Sarah makes out with a time traveling Joan of Arc after rescuing her. The Time Lesbian will not be constrained by history

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
The gang travels back to 1990. They immediately leave because there's nothing worth saving there. Ray accidentally becomes his own grandpa.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Sara likes guys too. She's a Time Bisexual.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Codependent Poster posted:

Sara likes guys too. She's a Time Bisexual.

She's just Olliesexual, like all the women on the show.

Krad posted:

The gang travels back to 1990. They immediately leave because there's nothing worth saving there. Ray accidentally becomes his own grandpa.

They travel to 1994 and accidentally cause the death of Kurt Cobain.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
The team travels to 1937 to sabotage Vandal Savages efforts in Nazi Germany. Jax and Stein give Hitler a swirlie. Ray spills his coffee and crashes the Wave Rider into the Hindenberg. Rip become Earl of Manchester after teaching Elizabeth Mary of Windsor how to quick draw. He dissolves Manchester United FC, saying "Liverpool 4 lyfe" Sarah makes out with Amelia Earhart.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Ray gives a young Shigeru Miyamoto a copy of Zelda Fitzgerald's Save Me the Waltz, then travels back in time to 1900 and gives Judge Anthony Sayre a new Nintendo 3DS XL with Ocarina of Time 3D preinstalled. Snart steals a model T. Kendra plays Sonic the Hedgehog.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

McSpanky posted:

It's an actual thing, long story short he got caught in an Apache trial by combat with a sabotaged weapon and won by illegally pulling a second knife, but the chief only saw the knife and scarred him with a hot tomahawk in punishment for his dishonorable conduct. He's usually pretty seriously fugly, like this:

Hot Tomahawk would be a good band name.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Rhyno posted:

Hot Tomahawk would be a good band name.

Needs to be a bunch of white guys in really racist Native costume who don't know the difference between "making a joke" and "being part of the problem."

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

McSpanky posted:

Didn't he also become a model during one of his stays in the modern era?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bruceski posted:

Needs to be a bunch of white guys in really racist Native costume who don't know the difference between "making a joke" and "being part of the problem."

Band practice is on Thursdays. I will expect to see you there and you're in charge of makeup.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I really like this show and I know it's not like tightly written and a bit meandering at times but it's fun and that's all I can ask. Closest thing we will get to American Doctor Who.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
The Time Bandit crashes into a police box in 2005 London. While Rip and the box's owner argue about Time Insurance, the rogues steal the London Eye. Sarah makes out with Gideon.

Tensions run high on the Hourglass when Gideon invokes Theta protocol. Stein, Snart, and Jax build a still. Vandal Savage learns to play checkers.

OB_Juan fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Apr 17, 2016

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
The Flynn Rider lands in mid 90s Seattle. Stein and Jax manage to become boardmembers of both Amazon and Starbucks in order to buy the Starling City Sentinals MLB team. Ray founds Napster on accident early, only to have the program stolen by Snart who releases it as Snartwire. Mick must join Nirvana after Sarah refuse to make out with Courtney Love to save Kirk Cobain. Rip becomes addicted to Time Crisis.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Apr 17, 2016

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
I think that Rip has said Rory more times than the 11th Doctor ever did at this point (if only because he was also Mr. Pond). Passed out Mick was my favorite touch in this silly episode

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
A surprise raid by The Hunters leaves the CronoGlider unable to decloak. After crashing into several chairs and walls, the team sends Ray, Snart and Jax to Atari headquarters to steal an integral board prototype that will fix the ship. Snart lectures an upstart programmer working on a Breakout clone about the wonders of rational selfishness. Ray and Jax's spirited Ping Pong game leads to a new game. Rip cries in the shower.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

FilthyImp posted:

A surprise raid by The Hunters leaves the CronoGlider unable to decloak. After crashing into several chairs and walls, the team sends Ray, Snart and Jax to Atari headquarters to steal an integral board prototype that will fix the ship. Snart lectures an upstart programmer working on a Breakout clone about the wonders of rational selfishness. Ray and Jax's spirited Ping Pong game leads to a new game. Rip cries in the shower.

...Sara telling an anecdote about an ex-paramour from a trip to the Wild West unintentionally inspires Custer's Revenge.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Rip Hunter tries to shoot himself, only to discover that his gun just knocks people down. Gideon laughs at him. It is the only pleasure she still feels.

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

So I guess the team's not holding back anymore. They straight up killed the Hunters.

I was shocked when Boy Scout Ray just ploughed through one.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

FactsAreUseless posted:

Rip Hunter tries to shoot himself, only to discover that his gun just knocks people down. Gideon laughs at him. It is the only pleasure she still feels.

If you look closely, there's a small factory etching on the side of Rip's gun.

The etching reads It's Nerf or Nothin'.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Ither posted:

So I guess the team's not holding back anymore. They straight up killed the Hunters.

I was shocked when Boy Scout Ray just ploughed through one.

It was actually remarkable how easily they defeated them, considering even Mick suggested running away at the end of the previous episode when they asked him what they should do.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

enraged_camel posted:

It was actually remarkable how easily they defeated them, considering even Mick suggested running away at the end of the previous episode when they asked him what they should do.

They had Jonah Hex with a Future Revolver and their calculations didn't include that, rendering them meaningless.

In a wacky twist of fate, Sarah makes out with herself. She goes on to say it was alright at best.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
QnE

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Ray gets cast as Puck in a midsummers nights dream but becomes so enamored with backstage drama he forgets to learn his lines. Dr. Stein plays Go against Hiroshi Yamauchi for control of videogames. Mick's chair has one leg a centimeter too short.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
In their pursuit of the nefarious Vandal Savage, the team crash lands in 1974. Literally! Their ship lands on top of Jim Henson. Somehow, this turns everyone in the future into puppets, including the team. No one is surprised when Ray doesn't change. Sara makes out with Camilla the Chicken.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I would definitely watch Snart and Rory do a duet version of Rainbow Connection.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chokes McGee posted:

In a wacky twist of fate, Sarah makes out with herself. She goes on to say it was alright at best.

This almost happened on Doctor Who, I'd be surprised if they don't do something close to it here.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

did Ray just kill a dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
The dude won't be born for hundreds of years so technically Ray hasn't killed him yet :colbert:

• Locked thread