Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

I'm surprised VP managed to claw their way to 5 rounds CT side train vs NiP

snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
NO!!!
I forgot to save my ace clutch match point...

Infinite sorrow...

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
maybe i should have gone to this thing. its close enough to walk

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

dangerdoom volvo posted:

maybe i should have gone to this thing. its close enough to walk

Go tomorrow!

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Turns out having a cool rear end knife changes the way others treat you in MM. People have been generally nicer to me and actually respect my decisions and callouts!

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

UnfurledSails posted:

Turns out having a cool rear end knife changes the way others treat you in MM. People have been generally nicer to me and actually respect my decisions and callouts!

lmfao

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
While I reflect on all the friends I've made in CSGO who respect me for my knife all I can think is "I wish money could buy free poo poo"

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

UnfurledSails posted:

I found using skins I actually like makes the game more enjoyable. Some pixels are superior to others, apparently.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The best way to get people to listen to you is to be personable. Rare exceptions when you get a csgo autist I guess.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

Spiros posted:

The best way to get people to listen to you is to be personable. Rare exceptions when you get a csgo autist I guess.

My normal speaking voice has all the wrong frequencies in it so it just fades into the background with other noises, so I have to use my csgo autist voice in order to be heard. true story.

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Yeah I got a newic because people complained but now everyone ignores me so I don't know if it actually mattered.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

henne posted:

Yeah I got a newic because people complained but now everyone ignores me so I don't know if it actually mattered.

just gotta do like me meow. yell all the time, everywhere, at everyone, for no reason other than to be heard.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
So earlier I've recommended the steelseries rival but considering how my brand new rival 300 lasted all but a month before it broke down and had the exact same sensor issues out of the box as the rival that it replaced, I think perhaps it is time to go for a new brand of mouse and to never buy steelseries again. It's a shame that they are apparently trash because I love how they feel.

I'm thinking a zowie or something else that doesn't look like a spaceship for tiny people

UnfurledSails posted:

the knife wasn't magic, the power was in you all along

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Apr 17, 2016

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

^^ Zowie mice are great. No problems with my EC2-A and I've heard good things about the FK1/FK2

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
Come on Envy I woke up early for you.

Welp

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Bohemian Nights posted:

So earlier I've recommended the steelseries rival but considering how my brand new rival 300 lasted all but a month before it broke down and had the exact same sensor issues out of the box as the rival that it replaced, I think perhaps it is time to go for a new brand of mouse and to never buy steelseries again. It's a shame that they are apparently trash because I love how they feel.

I'm thinking a zowie or something else that doesn't look like a spaceship for tiny people

the knife wasn't magic, the power was in you all along

Get a ZA12. It's the most similar one to a Rival.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Now light it on fire

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

mcvey posted:

Now light it on fire

Smol posted:

Get a ZA12. It's the most similar one to a Rival.

The ZA12 looks nice, I'll see if they have one available when I get the money back for this trashy 300

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Now put 4 flaming baguettes on one side of the image while 1 sits in a corner far away on the other side waiting uselessly for the others to die.

Also one should be pushing solo for no reason only to die over and over.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I love my Mionix Castor. I recommend that one

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Okay Pala is pretty great

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Betting godsent, no regrets (quote this when they lose)

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

ez for godtwist

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Mouse chat: Buy a Logitech G400(s) off eBay or something, Logitech has gone full Razor led dumbshit mode and stopped making the best mouse shape that's ever existed.

nosl
Jan 17, 2015

CHIM, bitch!
If you use a claw grip, roccat kone pure optical is a fantastic mouse.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Cached Money posted:

Mouse chat: Buy a Logitech G400(s) off eBay or something, Logitech has gone full Razor led dumbshit mode and stopped making the best mouse shape that's ever existed.

:agreed:

I use a g400 and it is a great mouse.

Once it breaks down I might pony up the cash for another g500 though. That mouse is loving great, all the way down to the removable weights you can put in it to change how heavy it is. :allears:

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
I have no idea why all of godsent peeked on that second to last round, super dumb cost them the game

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Xizt has been such a clutch hero this tournament

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
Xizt and Get_Right getting it done, sad for Godsent, should have won. That T pistol loss, ouch.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Also speaking of mousechat, does anyone have any recommendations for a headset? I have a logitech G35 that is starting to fall apart and truthfully I've never really cared for.

I was thinking of getting a Kingston Hyper X Cloud II

Any thoughts?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Don't get a gaming headset imo, get some decent headphones instead. Better value for your money and they'll last you longer. You don't really need a better microphone than what any semi-decent but cheap desktop mic will do for you

nosl
Jan 17, 2015

CHIM, bitch!

Bohemian Nights posted:

Don't get a gaming headset imo, get some decent headphones instead. Better value for your money and they'll last you longer. You don't really need a better microphone than what any semi-decent but cheap desktop mic will do for you

Seconded, and this goes for all PC gaming, not just CS (which admittedly, I can't offer much input for).

You want headphones with good soundstage so you can hear where people are walking around more precisely to be more specific.

Can anyone help with an issue I'm having? I launch CS and it shows no ranks, none of my details are fetched from online basically, even when I'm in a lobby ready to search for a match. I can't see any details such as rank, XP rank, and accolades on friends' CS:GO accounts' when viewed ingame either. Is this a common issue? Relaunching does not fix it.

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right

nosl posted:

Can anyone help with an issue I'm having? I launch CS and it shows no ranks, none of my details are fetched from online basically, even when I'm in a lobby ready to search for a match. I can't see any details such as rank, XP rank, and accolades on friends' CS:GO accounts' when viewed ingame either. Is this a common issue? Relaunching does not fix it.

I've only ever seen that happen on mine every once in a while during Steam's Tuesday night maintenance window. I guess step 1 with CS:GO is to always go to Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache... but it seems more like some weird network/security issue that's causing connection problems between you and the servers that provide that stuff.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
This match is ridiculous

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
tw1st is so loving good

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Smithereens posted:

ez for godtwist

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Two eco buy wins from NiP.

That was a lot of fun to watch.

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!
So are we rooting for NIP to get to the final? It's been a while...

But then, hype for the underdogs is always fun.

:munch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

woodch posted:

So are we rooting for NIP to get to the final? It's been a while...

yes

woodch posted:

But then, hype for the underdogs is always fun.

no

Depths posted:

Betting godsent

brenn