Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

serendipity.

those trousers are ridonkulous. My character's a dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:eyepop: dat rear end

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Of all the posts to double post

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

How do you say "Hey!" ?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Calaveron posted:

I honestly hope it's more dark souls and less bloodborne because bloodborne is kind of too gross and groady for me while I prefer the medieval stylings of the souls game.

....have you seen some of the enemies in this game? And every other Souls game for that matter.

The main difference between the two is that in Bloodborne that angry villagers are armed with rifles instead of bows. They both have their share of monstrosities. I think the hippo hands in DS3 are grosser than most Bloodborne enemies.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

FirstPersonShitter posted:

serendipity.

those trousers are ridonkulous. My character's a dude.

great character/comment match

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sakurazuka posted:

Of all the posts to double post

You picked the best?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

ShadowMar posted:

dark souls is one of the very few series that somehow manages to be both extremely horrifying and extremely adorable at the same time.

Sometimes this is embodied in the very same creature, for that matter. Look at the Chaos Eaters or the big Mushroom Men from DS1, for instance.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Eh, I guess BB was a lot more traditionally gory, like you literally got drenched in blood after a while.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

a cop posted:

How do you say "Hey!" ?

Trade with the crow :parrot:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Internet Kraken posted:

EDIT: Is the white hair talisman as good for pyromancies as the regular pyro hand is?

No. It is for when you have a bunch of FTH and are running minimum INT (<=20) requirements.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

BillmasterCozb posted:

Oh dear..I've found myself in quite a predicament.. Hmm...Spoilers in this album

homeward bone?

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

a cop posted:

How do you say "Hey!" ?

Buy the 20k souls key to get to the top of firelink, jump onto the roof, leave a homeward bone in the crow's nest.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Anyone complaining about anything related to killing skeletons is obviously foolish for not just 2-handing the executioner's sword. It deals strike damage, has relatively low stat requirements and delivers so much poise damage that it knocks literally any skeleton enemy into pieces with a single light attack.
Going through the catacombs using it is just a repeated process of smacking them to pieces once then thwacking the scattered remains 1-3 times to finish the job. If you have enough poise you can even tank the skeleton mob that rises when you cross the rope bridge.
Basically, they've already died once. Use the executioner's sword to make sure they stay dead.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Sakurazuka posted:

Eh, I guess BB was a lot more traditionally gory, like you literally got drenched in blood after a while.

I guess, but its not like the DS game shy away from ridiculous gore. All the way back in Demon's Souls you had an entire swamp made out of blood.

EDIT: Speaking of hippo hands, their grab attack has issues.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Apr 17, 2016

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
hmm so i became very hollowed. i have the firekeeper soul and i think thats what will cure me for a stupid amount of souls? or do i just get a purging stone? i want to look pretty again.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Vikar Jerome posted:

hmm so i became very hollowed. i have the firekeeper soul and i think thats what will cure me for a stupid amount of souls? or do i just get a purging stone? i want to look pretty again.

Purging stone is temporary but doesn't break that quest like getting properly healed does, I think?

Gnumonic
Dec 11, 2005

Maybe you thought I was the Packard Goose?

Vikar Jerome posted:

Yuria sells a ring (still on Japanese version so I don't know that name) that make you look unhollowed for around 5k souls.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

i was sitting in the aldritch faithful area chameleoned up with a host who has seed of giants activated

it was a nonstop bloodbath of invaders getting destroyed. like at least 10 different dudes spawned in and died either onscreen or offscreen

the highlight was one of the usual guys who runs up to hide by the archers immediately getting blasted off as i waved them them

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Do certain weapons scale better with certain infusions or is it the same across all the weapons? I really like how this game handles weapon upgrades but I'm not too sure on this point.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
Dancer down in about... 5 tries? And all of those were me being greedy.

The secret is hit and run. Funny enough, Dancer has basically no good gap closers and all its stuff leaves it open to being smacked a few times and then running away like a wussy. I always knew my cowardice would pay off one day! Also, you can block pretty much all of its attacks with the pillars in the room. Unbreakable pillars: the great equalizer. It's how I chumped it every time it did it's mega spin thing. Also, the grab was super telegraphed and has no range. I know it goes against the standard boss instinct, but if you dodge away, it never hits you and dancer takes so long between attacks that you can just dodge back in and hit the boss.

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...
Started a luck build and rushed for Anri's sword. Holy poo poo this is a GREAT weapon.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've been invaded a grand total of once so far and the guy was a total noob who somehow managed to lose half his health to the poison swamp before he even found me, also I forgot I still had the sentinels covenant on and a bluecop turned up but I'd already killed him.

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Anyone complaining about anything related to killing skeletons is obviously foolish for not just 2-handing the executioner's sword. It deals strike damage, has relatively low stat requirements and delivers so much poise damage that it knocks literally any skeleton enemy into pieces with a single light attack.
Going through the catacombs using it is just a repeated process of smacking them to pieces once then thwacking the scattered remains 1-3 times to finish the job. If you have enough poise you can even tank the skeleton mob that rises when you cross the rope bridge.
Basically, they've already died once. Use the executioner's sword to make sure they stay dead.

Plus it looks rad and has relatively low stat requirements. I don't personally use it but probably will with another build soon.

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

Obligatum VII posted:

Dancer down in about... 5 tries? And all of those were me being greedy.

The secret is hit and run. Funny enough, Dancer has basically no good gap closers and all its stuff leaves it open to being smacked a few times and then running away like a wussy. I always knew my cowardice would pay off one day! Also, you can block pretty much all of its attacks with the pillars in the room. Unbreakable pillars: the great equalizer. It's how I chumped it every time it did it's mega spin thing. Also, the grab was super telegraphed and has no range. I know it goes against the standard boss instinct, but if you dodge away, it never hits you and dancer takes so long between attacks that you can just dodge back in and hit the boss.

just walk around touching its butt with your sword and it goes down like a chump, 2nd phase doesn't have that grab either so it's easier since you don't have to listen for the audio cue!

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

I loving love the uchi. Great move set. Never was a fan of katanas in 1 & 2 but this time around it's been a great weapon for PvE.

Might give luck a try on a third character.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
My issue is that bloodborne is too enamored with blood while dark souls is more into the magical zombie sunny d and dragons and stuff instead of hepatitis and r'lyeh

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

are there any per-requisites for yoel letting you use the dark sigil because he won't give me the option to right after recruiting him

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

ShadowMar posted:

are there any per-requisites for yoel letting you use the dark sigil because he won't give me the option to right after recruiting him

you gotta die a couple of times for each use he gives you

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

What are the odds that anything dealing with covenant items are addressed in this upcoming patch? Probably zero, I'm guessing.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
This may seem to be a stupid question, but where on you character sheet can you see spell damage?

On my pyro I assumed it would be the left weapons but when I change out spells the damage stays the same.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

b0red posted:

I loving love the uchi. Great move set. Never was a fan of katanas in 1 & 2 but this time around it's been a great weapon for PvE.

Might give luck a try on a third character.

Word. I'm not big on katanas in general (100x folded hanzo steel }[can cut a train in half]{ ***JAPANESE SUPERIORITY*** weapons never really seemed quite as cool as a broadsword) but the Uchigatana is extremely cool and it looks like it's gonna be my secondary weapon through the entire game now. Incredibly decent range, a good variety of swing types and its stance abilites are awesome. I kicked the Watcher's rear end up and down the road with the cool charging swing you can do and the parry move feels great when you pull it off.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

FirstPersonShitter posted:

you gotta die a couple of times for each use he gives you

no i mean, let me do it at all in the first place. i had no issues in previous playthroughs but he wont even let me start this time.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Silly question but reinforcing chimes/catalysts increasing the potency of the spells, right? alongside scaling with int/fth? I'm going to be running a Paladin build in NG+ and just wanted to make sure I didn't derp my way into wasting materials on nothing

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Hate looking through wikis, does anyone know of a shield with high lightning reduction?

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

argondamn posted:

Hate looking through wikis, does anyone know of a shield with high lightning reduction?

Spoiler for boss name Dragonslayer Armour soul

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Raged posted:

This may seem to be a stupid question, but where on you character sheet can you see spell damage?

On my pyro I assumed it would be the left weapons but when I change out spells the damage stays the same.

Spell casting items show you their spell modifier stat when you're looking at them in the equip window, but you can never see how much a spell benefits from that or what the final damage will be. The wikis will have all that poo poo within a few weeks but for now it's a matter of trying things and seeing what works.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Jimbot posted:

Shotel Elite Skeletons take my award for being the most irritating enemies in any Souls game ever. Give me a pit of pinwheels over these overpowered loving things. What's best against undead? Is it blessed? My weapon isn't cutting it down here.

blessed weapons will pretty much permastagger them, they get stuck breaking down and reassembling, and the big ones can be damaged when disassembled
you should get a free gem from the cathedral just stick it on another weapon and the catacombs themselves will compensate any small titanate shards you upgrade it with pretty quickly

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
So, at just a little over 45 hours I have finished my first run of Dark Souls 3 with my Dex/Faith Paladin character. When it's good, it's REALLY loving GOOD HOLY poo poo I LOVE THIS GAME. But when it's bad, it's loving abysmal. Fighting those two dogs down where you get the Aldritch covenant was literally the worst time I've ever had i any From Soft game or video game in general. I hated it, it was so unfair that it couldn't possibly have been playtested. Nobody could say that that was right. If killing them didn't net a super good and useful ring I would have just completely ignored them forever and said gently caress the Aldritch covenant.

Faith in my opinion, only shines in late mid to end game, because at that point you get a lot of survivability with your support and healing miracles and occasional good damage with your damage miracles. There is a definite lack of faith weapons in this game, and Blessed infusions aren't good enough to make up for it. The best faith weapons are all endgame, but I guess that's to be expected. In my opinion the best talisman is the Canvas Talisman you get from the Paladin's Ashes, because it's so fast and it's just plain good. The Saint's Talisman is probably better for pure power, but the description (and personal experience) implies that its Skill is not as good as it should be.

From the moment I picked up the Sunlight Straight Sword I swapped a Raw Astora Straight Sword out for good and I don't regret it one bit, Sunlight Straight Sword rocks. It literally saved me two attunement slots that would have gone to Sacred Oath that I could fill with either Denial or Heals. Then my endgame weapon was the Swordspear, and that thing KICKS rear end.

My next build will definitely be a pyromancer/mage, with my next character after that being either a strength build or quality build because I picked up a ton of cool looking weapons I want to try out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I think I hosed up. I died as I killed a boss, an important cutscene started playing, and now I don't know where to go.