  • Post
Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

atomicthumbs posted:

it becomes mentally ill

pretty accurate simulation of smythe and tori

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
with all the twitter bots i've made i never thought to make a vanity one before. think i'll look into making @TheRealNecc0 next time i'm bored at work

no clue if it'll be boring as poo poo or actually good. i'm guessing boring

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
also pro tip for bot-makers: i know when you first fire it up you're excited and whatever but seriously please set it to only post once every couple of hours

Tori BIOS
Apr 7, 2003

As a result, even the next 3 years. riso is an awful place for days, then the next book 1992 etc because that meal is $6 in the coax hole will work.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
code:
$ python main.py 3764241
YOSimPOSter - An SA bot

[*] User account: Tori BIOS
[*] Targetting thread ID: 3764241
[*] Posted to thread ID: 3764241
[*] Waiting 3219 seconds to post again.
gently caress this twitter nonsense

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
that's bannable fwiw you may want to soft-peddle that

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

atomicthumbs posted:

peep my smythe-1 and smythe-2.txts (actually tori+smythe+linebreaks)

http://pinopsida.com/misc/results/results/

the number in the thing is the sampling temperature. smythe-1 has no dropout, smythe-2 has 0.5 dropout

Sow. I break thread to possi 2 minutes from bad incredible everything.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i did my own post history, but didn't make a bot out of it.

quote:

i live in a car, and work, and work, and work some more!

quote:

I wish I had a serial killer.

quote:

I'm just looking for an awful cup of black coffee.

quote:

java is good Cucumber juice makes a programmer into a type 1 or type 2 integral neatly.

quote:

Burning CS gas releases things more toxic than the notion that they all end in zeros except for one.

quote:

It's a hydrogen plasma being used to just send a pdf or screenshot of my shirt . The freedom.

nice work pumpy dumper

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

:tipshat:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

holy lmao

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

just installed fedora 23 on some desktop that was gifted to me

proceeded to instlal torch rnn and the thousands of dependencies, cuda, nvidia driver, etc

holy loving poo poo how does anyone with a life use linux. i had to gently caress with source headers to even get cutorch to compile

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

AWWNAW posted:

just installed fedora 23 on some desktop that was gifted to me

proceeded to instlal torch rnn and the thousands of dependencies, cuda, nvidia driver, etc

holy loving poo poo how does anyone with a life use linux. i had to gently caress with source headers to even get cutorch to compile

bleeding edge software has a high barrier to entry
this poo poo's all novel

you can install a 100% functional asterisk setup these days by booting an SD image, entering your trunk info and your phone extension username/password. boom done. everything gets easier given time adn popularity, it just takes some time to build installers and make sure tehres enough community traction to make it worth doing so

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

i shouldve put my better geforce in this pos, although im sure at this point if i swapped gpus itd totally brick. training an lstm on ulysses is slow

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/ToriCMOS/status/721659264054505472

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

pumpy dumper is your script written for python 3?

e: whatever it is its broken all over the place for me - first it did dis the posters_name input, then both errors='replace' in get_post_content, now it got to unicode in my posts and died.

at least my posts are bad so nothing of value was lost

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Apr 17, 2016

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

kalstrams posted:

pumpy dumper is your script written for python 3?

e: whatever it is its broken all over the place for me - first it did dis the posters_name input, then both errors='replace' in get_post_content, now it got to unicode in my posts and died.

at least my posts are bad so nothing of value was lost

yeah it's Python 3

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Pumpy Dumper posted:

yeah it's Python 3
yea that explains everything, im runnin 2.7 on this shitbox. will setup python 3 environment and run it again

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

kalstrams posted:

yea that explains everything, im runnin 2.7 on this shitbox. will setup python 3 environment and run it again

yeah it works for now. I'm working on rewriting it so it's clearer to read and execute

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/ymcpos/status/721674376941318144

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

oh yeah I set that to the posts from the five figgie fucktard thread

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

he who controls the Pittsburgh controls the universe

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Pumpy Dumper posted:

yeah it works for now. I'm working on rewriting it so it's clearer to read and execute
hm, it went through 850 posts and then just closed, is this intended behaviour?

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

kalstrams posted:

hm, it went through 850 posts and then just closed, is this intended behaviour?

are there any empty quotes or image link only posts? right now it just discards those and I forgot to add a print command to tell

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Pumpy Dumper posted:

are there any empty quotes or image link only posts? right now it just discards those and I forgot to add a print command to tell
im running another parse to make sure i didn't just stop it by accident, will upload it afterwards. there should be plentiful emptyquotes and link-only posts

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

kalstrams posted:

hm, it went through 850 posts and then just closed, is this intended behaviour?

it must have hit a good post, they cause divide by zero errors

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Trig Discipline posted:

it must have hit a good post, they cause divide by zero errors
this time it found a good post earlier, 660th was the stop

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

stop 660 - http://pastebin.com/cwMKeNuQ
stop 850 - http://pastebin.com/FmMG1MhQ

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Trig Discipline posted:

it must have hit a good post, they cause divide by zero errors

very low probability, i dont post that much

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

to anyone using torch-rnn, try using
code:
-sample 1
when generating text, you can use lower temperature and still get interesting output instead of the same few words over and over

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
https://twitter.com/Phishmech/status/721708412468203521

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

hmm weird I'll take a look later when I get home. I haven't had any issues lately except where people do a lot of empty quotes

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

AWWNAW posted:

still get interesting output instead of the same few words over and over

note: this will not produce an accurate yosposterbot

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

AWWNAW posted:

to anyone using torch-rnn, try using
code:
-sample 1
when generating text, you can use lower temperature and still get interesting output instead of the same few words over and over

Sampling is on by default, if you do sample 0 it uses argmax and is boring. Temperature is 1.0 by default and I usually find something between 0.3 and 0.7 works decently without just being gibberish

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

So mine grabbed all of your posts. It says the script ended at 920 but when checking manually the last entry was the current last entry of you're post history. So I'm assuming there are posts in there that are empty quotes

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Pumpy Dumper posted:

So mine grabbed all of your posts. It says the script ended at 920 but when checking manually the last entry was the current last entry of you're post history. So I'm assuming there are posts in there that are empty quotes
yeah, as i said already, i emptyquote often, and same goes for posts with just links. weird that it would pulled two different amounts in two identical runs

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

atomicthumbs posted:

Sampling is on by default, if you do sample 0 it uses argmax and is boring. Temperature is 1.0 by default and I usually find something between 0.3 and 0.7 works decently without just being gibberish

lol i came back to post this after reading sample.lua. how does this thing handle whitespace? just like any other char? the example where the char-rnn guy did linux kernel code was amazing and i want to try it on some other code

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

AWWNAW posted:

lol i came back to post this after reading sample.lua. how does this thing handle whitespace? just like any other char? the example where the char-rnn guy did linux kernel code was amazing and i want to try it on some other code

yep, an LSTM goes based on Every Character and outputs a probability distribution, and since code and other structured documents have such consistent whitespace, it learns it thoroughly enough that it persists even through higher sampling temperatures (which choose less likely characters from that distribution).

if you choose a sampling temperature above 2.0 or so though it will probably send control characters and gently caress up your terminal

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

kalstrams posted:

yeah, as i said already, i emptyquote often, and same goes for posts with just links. weird that it would pulled two different amounts in two identical runs

how long was it between when you started and when it stopped?

The way the script is set up is it takes 5 mins to pull the links for all 1000 most recent posts.

Then it takes 1s per post to scrape. So in that time you could have posted and then when you ran the script again it moved posts in the recent list around

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Pumpy Dumper posted:

how long was it between when you started and when it stopped?

The way the script is set up is it takes 5 mins to pull the links for all 1000 most recent posts.

Then it takes 1s per post to scrape. So in that time you could have posted and then when you ran the script again it moved posts in the recent list around
there were maybe 30 minutes inbetween

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

kalstrams posted:

there were maybe 30 minutes inbetween

hmm weird. i'll have to run it on some other posters to see if i can reproduce.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4