Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

FogHelmut posted:

so I'm starting to wonder if this forearm tendonitis I've had since November is just tendonitis

as I'm over 30 perhaps I will just carry this pain the rest of my life

that's some In N Out broseph, God tier fast food

And people say it's hard to make meaningful life long friends after college.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

325 clean + 5

https://instagram.com/p/BERR3IEpQUN/

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

God i'd hate to see what he (you?) looks like when he is excited.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

DoubleT2172 posted:

God i'd hate to see what he (you?) looks like when he is excited.

I used to be more boisterous.

Getting old man.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

FogHelmut posted:

so I'm starting to wonder if this forearm tendonitis I've had since November is just tendonitis

as I'm over 30 perhaps I will just carry this pain the rest of my life

that's some In N Out broseph, God tier fast food

Never had, don't think those are on the east coast.. considering moving west now for more gains

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
always lift high

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks for the reddit cartoon

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
do you have any cartoons to offer yourself, bud

NO?

then get outta heee with that internet siding boolshit

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Reddit and Rip. Two of the worst things.

MNIMWA
Dec 1, 2014

Went back to my old gym cause I'm babysitting my sick cat for my parents

God I miss it . Platforms all over the place, all old people or high school girls so no one uses the back section with all the heavy stuff

Wish I still lived in my parents' tiny (5000 ppl) town, love that gym

Also what are some fun assistance exercises for chest (other than flys, tri puldowns, and dips) that you guys do

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I ask my bud to kick me really hard in the chest until my tits hurt

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Do steroids and sit on the couch.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Zzulu posted:

do you have any cartoons to offer yourself, bud

NO?

then get outta heee with that internet siding boolshit

Suck my dick

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Dum Cumpster posted:

Reddit and Rip. Two of the worst things.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The owg thread on /fit is kinda good.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Dum Cumpster posted:

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
My lower pecs are way stronger than my upper pecs. How do I work on that? I want them to get atronger, but I also want them to look sexier.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Booties posted:

My lower pecs are way stronger than my upper pecs. How do I work on that? I want them to get atronger, but I also want them to look sexier.

incline general pec stuff

Also see above post

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Dum Cumpster posted:

superset with food

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Booties posted:

For strength do more front delt work

For looks just get bigger and then leaner and more tanned

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

MNIMWA posted:

Also what are some fun assistance exercises for chest (other than flys, tri puldowns, and dips) that you guys do

Cable crossover hadoukens.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i am so drat tired

i rode 370 km this week at tempo and threshold

if someone finds my legs please just give me a call

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

what exercIse is that in the top right? looks fun

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

Fallows posted:

what exercIse is that in the top right? looks fun

Iron Gaiden

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
Hi,

I run three days a week, 3-6 miles on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and 10-20 miles on Saturday.
I lift weights three or four days a week, just doing clean and presses with dumbbells during the weekdays before work, and deadlifts and farmers walks on Sundays.

I do chin ups and ab wheels every time I lift. I mostly do this because I was tired of going to the gym so I bought a pair of adjustable olympic dumbbell handles and a lot of weight so I can lift at home. I've been doing this for almost a year.

Am I loving something up? Am I missing something? I don't squat regularly because I hate it, but I can squat on my heels comfortably for like 5 - 10 minutes when I'm working or gardening, does that count? Thank you everyone.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Greg Legg posted:

Hi,

I run three days a week, 3-6 miles on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and 10-20 miles on Saturday.
I lift weights three or four days a week, just doing clean and presses with dumbbells during the weekdays before work, and deadlifts and farmers walks on Sundays.

I do chin ups and ab wheels every time I lift. I mostly do this because I was tired of going to the gym so I bought a pair of adjustable olympic dumbbell handles and a lot of weight so I can lift at home. I've been doing this for almost a year.

Am I loving something up? Am I missing something? I don't squat regularly because I hate it, but I can squat on my heels comfortably for like 5 - 10 minutes when I'm working or gardening, does that count? Thank you everyone.

Your method is ideal for health n general fitness. Squatting is not mandatory, but you could add lunges or split squats if you want more legwork.

Unless you have a specific goal in mind like bigger arms or something, I'd keep doing your thing :cool:

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Swolest veggie? Cauliflower head?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Greg Legg posted:

Hi,

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Your method is ideal for health n general fitness. Squatting is not mandatory, but you could add lunges or split squats if you want more legwork.

Unless you have a specific goal in mind like bigger arms or something, I'd keep doing your thing :cool:

^ That. Not everyone needs steroids, not everyone needs to bench crazy weight and have their palms turn in due to ridiculous shoulders. If you're happy with your body and what you're doing, keep on keepin' on. :toot:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Everyone over 30 needs steroids.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

numberoneposter posted:

i am so drat tired

i rode 370 km this week at tempo and threshold

if someone finds my legs please just give me a call

did you cycle anywhere interesting?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

sassassin posted:

Everyone over 30 needs steroids.

The alternative is unholy volume as suggested by Mike Israetel that will break you.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
The alternative is not trying to look like Arnold because you never will.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Don't kill the dream

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Deadlifting 350 5x5.
Gloves: destroyed.
Calluses destroyed.

Deadlifts complete. (Followed by slow walking lunges to ensure full destruction.)

Quick edit: those are temp gloves since I lost my normal ones.

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

I luv the itty bitty Phillies!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bTqNSgCmM2s stop holding the bar in your palm and you'll stop tearing callouses :cool:

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
deadlifts more like back surgery lifts

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

SpeedyCow posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bTqNSgCmM2s stop holding the bar in your palm and you'll stop tearing callouses :cool:

Despite the crossfit label, I'm looking into a better grip (i rarely deadlift with my trainer, so I'll talk to him about it too). I've gripped it more with my fingers before, but I always get dangerously close to dropping the bar / cage because I have (mild) carpal tunnel and therefore I have babby hands.

Maybe I just have to deal with it and grip further towards the fingers.

Although, this may also be because of the temp gloves. I've deadlifted 325 before and didn't come close to shearing the calluses off. The lovely gloves maybe shifted the bar in my hand.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Despite the crossfit label, I'm looking into a better grip (i rarely deadlift with my trainer, so I'll talk to him about it too). I've gripped it more with my fingers before, but I always get dangerously close to dropping the bar / cage because I have (mild) carpal tunnel and therefore I have babby hands.

Although, this may also be because of the temp gloves. I've deadlifted 325 before and didn't come close to shearing the calluses off. The lovely gloves maybe shifted the bar in my hand.

That's weird, I have carpal tunnel and using a hook grip(which from what it feels like to me, puts the bars more in your fingers) is actually much easier on my wrist then in my palms. I'm not an expert or anything though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I haven't really been deadlifting but I did 535 last night to try out a new bar. It was nice.

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Gloves increase the diameter you're gripping which makes it harder to hold on to and they can shift around and rip off your skin. You're better off not using them if you want to protect your delicate hands.

• Locked thread