Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cmdr_vinman
Mar 24, 2016

Alien embryos are yum!!

STIMSIS posted:

Ben-Ghazi is sad proof that humanity is doomed because we too easily allow ourselves to be led to hate. Derek Smart, self-proclaimed old-school internet warlord is leading the charge on this hate offensive and I wonder how he can get anyone to enlist? This is the same Derek Smart who appeared with Vox Day on a webinar.

Vox Day, if you don't know, is a racist misogynist filth lord by the name of Theodore Beale whose only claim to fame is being kicked out of Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America for trying to hijack the Hugos to include more right-wing writers and suppress female and minority writers.

Vox Day wrote a book, “SJWs Always Lie: Taking Down the Thought Police” yet here is Derek Smart leading a thought police campaign against Ben Lesnick for racism. Bah! Derek Smart will gladly sit down and talk nice with racists if they stroke his ego. Ben Lesnick doesn't; he can't!; look at those tiny T-rex arms, they're barely serviceable for basic hygiene, how's Ben gonna jerk off Derek's massive ego-cock?

You know what's the really sad part. I can't link to that Vox Day webinar that Derek was on. Let's hear Derek himself explain it:

Yet, I can read all of Ben Lesnick's poo poo FROM YEARS AGO!!! Ben Lesnick, whose job it is to censor people, has more content posted than the “free-speech” proponents Derek Smart and Vox Day?! Ben Lesnick even has a link to the original usenet thread where his Wing Commander guild formed. Sure, the page containing the link holds this gem:

"Loaf" is one of the Tiger Claw pilots in Peter Telep's Pilgrim Truth. For much of the book I'm suspected of beating Freddie Prinze Jr. with a pipe in a hate crime, but it eventually turns out I didn't. So, it's not really true to life.”

but at least Ben Lesnick acknowledges the existence of hate crimes. I can't say the same for Vox Day!

I think what's happening now is a release of anger that has been suppressed for far too long. Derek's decision to go on Vox Day was not popular:

Derek's response

“Yet another outlet to tell this Star Citizen story?” he said. Ha! As if the gaming press was falling all over itself to speak with Derek, because on April 14th Mr. Smart was like, “So, to all you “media” who now want to talk, here is my response: F*CK YOU.”

Ben-Ghazi happens and now Derek is all about, “I'm writing a blog. Then I'm going to send it over to @BreitbartNews and @BreitbartTech with everything wrapped up in a nice package.”

Please don't let Derek get away with this bullshit. Derek's playing both sides of the retarded coin on this one and he must be punished. Derek doesn't even have the god drat courtesy to update the OP when he's calling for someone's job!

DOWN WITH DEREK!

UP WITH GORF FOR OP!!!

ROFL. Nice try!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Chocobo posted:

I acknowledge the presence of this thing the humans call "hu-mour."

The post about the Lauresh banning incident made me dig back through the relevant thread. Turns out Lauresh was a shitbird that reported a couple hundred people with rude/profane report messages and the probation was probably warranted. The ladies org thread being closed is entirely unjustifiable Lesnick shittery, though. I concede that I was incorrect in my previous recollection of these events.

As far as he's concerned, if any goon is found to be a shitbird that automatically makes the entire thread invalid, no matter what its subject matter actually is, like the LGBT thread before that one. But ofc, the non-goon shitbirds get a free pass for posting all kinds of racist and homophobic poo poo, that went without saying.

STIMSIS
Feb 27, 2016
Fallen Rib
Derek is anti-social justice warrior. Look at his twitter feed it's full of Tracer cosplay because Blizzard wanted to "censor" a sexy pose. Now Derek wants to use the social justice warrior play book and attack Ben Lesnick for racism. It's hypocritical. I linked that quote from Ben on purpose, how he wanted to hate crime Freddie Prince Jr. Ben Lesnick has devoted his life to Wing Commander and even got a tattoo the same as the movie. But even he can realize Freddie Prince Jr was awful in the movie and could make fun of him.

What about goons with Derek? Derek goes on a racist's show and now wants to scream racism? Hypocrisy much? If goons won't hate crime Derek than can we say we are better than the cult like Shitizens?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

SelenicMartian posted:

Yeah, Malcolm McDowell probably isn't *that* expensive. Although he's supposedly sort of a jerk <G> He refused to record voices for WCA with the rest of the cast. #17462

Wonder why.

I'd probably be salty too if they turned my character (Tolwyn) from a pragmatic Admiral you love to hate to Horrible Space Hitler.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

AP posted:

That's not what happened at all.

Well she did so...I would have just banned her instead of reading reports like that tbh

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
ben your ramblings are insane get help before this crashes and you break even more

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

STIMSIS posted:

Derek is anti-social justice warrior. Look at his twitter feed it's full of Tracer cosplay because Blizzard wanted to "censor" a sexy pose. Now Derek wants to use the social justice warrior play book and attack Ben Lesnick for racism. It's hypocritical. I linked that quote from Ben on purpose, how he wanted to hate crime Freddie Prince Jr. Ben Lesnick has devoted his life to Wing Commander and even got a tattoo the same as the movie. But even he can realize Freddie Prince Jr was awful in the movie and could make fun of him.

What about goons with Derek? Derek goes on a racist's show and now wants to scream racism? Hypocrisy much? If goons won't hate crime Derek than can we say we are better than the cult like Shitizens?

I think I'd rather beat on the guy that defends poo poo like raping 13 year olds as a joke, while being a school employee, rather than Derek, thanks:

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

You've made up your mind it's all bad jokes and stupidity. How d'you tell he hasn't literally been stalking women and jerking off to the high school year book? It might be that his weight is the only thing keeping women around him safe at this point.

It's the kind of thing you'd probably respond to with some version of ":rolleyes: not everyone making rape jokes is a rapist hope that help's lol" and that's true, but there are some very bad warning signs there. This is a man collecting 1400 pictures of a woman, admitting to following around several women who looked like her. This is the kind of things you'd read about in a newspaper article when some rapist gets convicted, in the context of "these are all the obvious tells that everyone failed to notice".

For what it's worth I think that alerting others to his activities is far more defensible than making fun of his quotes online, it's beyond "destroying his livelihood" or w/e.

I have never stated that this but a "dumb joke". I said that Ben has to interpret his own behaviour as a joke to avoid being confronted with his own abyss.

I judge it to be the coping mechanism of someone trying to find recognition within a group of people most would consider to be losers who don't fit into the mainstream society. His obsession with the news woman is to me the outlet of a person who somehow isn't able to connect with another "real" partner. You are right, some people will turn to violence under similar cirumstances, with shocked neighbours stating that he seemd so quite and polite etc.

And yet others will jerk off to the HS year book or the news anchor woman without causing any harm but to their own dignity. Probably more than one teenager or underdeveloped twen has wanked to 7of9 and turned out to be better adapted later in life. I know guys who are eternal virgins in their mid-30ies. They fall in love with their physio therapist, because she touches them, the waitress or the cashier who is so kind to them etc. I do not think they are normal. Nor do I suspect them to be rapists. I consider them to be looking for Love in Several Wrong Places and for some I don't think they will be ever "fixed". But they are still human beings, and even if their handicap is psychological and therefore not as obvious as sitting in a wheel chair I think it is unfair to rouse a rabble to drive them out of town because they offend our sense of normalcy.

I don't mind making fun of him in this forum. I mind trying to destroy his livelihood and framework that offers him some kind of stability. Ben being employed and experiencing some kind of recogition for his job makes him a more stable person and therefore less likely harm to himself or anybody else, though he certainly is killing himself with his lifestyle (which, again to my mind, points to a host of unresolved other issues). Ousting him - yet again - from society and even worse from the group of people he is getting recognition from is IMO the best way to either have a suicide or a Diabetic Breivik on your hand.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

STIMSIS posted:

Derek is anti-social justice warrior. Look at his twitter feed it's full of Tracer cosplay because Blizzard wanted to "censor" a sexy pose.

I do like how Blizzard just kind of rotated her about 45 degrees and so now her butt silhouette is distinctly a side one as opposed to in the direction of the player.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

AP posted:

Just checking, you were complaining about being jumped in the thread in 2014 and then immediately posted that. I figured some things might be going over your head.
Complaining is a strong word, more like recollecting. The only feeling I derive from these threads is joy.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

ummm.... he stalked a little girl...

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

STIMSIS posted:

Can't play the racisme card if he's black :smug:
Seriously though; it's a lovely Sunday stop posting please.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

D_Smart posted:

I am working on a new bombshell blog that revolves around the following:

The real Derek Souls starts here!

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

STIMSIS posted:

im just here for the crazy people like yourself but i don't remember derek being racist

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
This is ancient news but if you don't know what happened don't put your own spin on it. Someone tried to form a female group, she was female, RSI citizens flipped out because Girlz should know their place or something, she took a load of abuse which the mods did nothing about, she flagged posts attacking and giving her poo poo, her flag notes, that nobody but the mods could see showed her getting pissed off about them not helping.

She got banned, goons went on a charge of the light brigade in response because wtf. Dozens of goons got banned. Later after it's a public relations mess, :lesnick: tries to use the notes she'd flagged posts with to prove it was all her fault, even though nobody but the mods saw them, plus she was a dirty goon too. Dozens of pages of forum posts were erased.

LastCaress
May 8, 2004

bonobo

ManofManyAliases posted:

Of course it does. I'm a human being and some of that poo poo is messed up. That said, let me ask you: are you still the same person you were 10 years ago? I mean sure: you likely have similar personality traits but life has probably taught you how not to act like a loving idiot to some degree no? What he wrote is in the past. Let that be a lesson for others to not write stupid poo poo on the Internet.

Ben is exactly 2 weeks younger than me. I'm still kinda the same person that I was at around 27 now that I'm 35.

STIMSIS
Feb 27, 2016
Fallen Rib

T.G. Xarbala posted:

like when Derek had that interview with Vox Day neither of them even had the decency to live up to their horrible reputations

the whole thing came and went like a fart in the wind

Yeah because they never archived it. It was only aired once and that's it. Vox Day and Derek Smart are supposed "free-speech" advocates yet they delete their webinar? That's cowardice. Ben Lesnick didn't delete any of his posts, is laughing at all of you and having a good time. You can see for yourself on Disco Lando's twitter

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Chocobo posted:

Complaining is a strong word, more like recollecting. The only feeling I derive from these threads is joy.

That's a joke too, it's quote from a mod. Have you ever thought maybe you are missing stuff in the thread?

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

VealCutlet posted:

ummm.... he stalked a little girl...

Notice how many lesnicks there are?

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

STIMSIS posted:

:same:

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

STIMSIS posted:

hi ben

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

AP posted:

You know that's a joke, right?

Sometimes reality is stranger than fiction.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

I don't think the majority of people in this thread give two shits about Derek and are just along to watch the disaster unfold, watching terrible people destroying each other is like fine wine on these forums.

So yer, sorry you have a hate boner for this dude but objectively everything about Star Citizen is worse then the one interview you are alluding to, post more proof of Derek being a poo poo-heel and goons will pile on.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

STIMSIS posted:

Yeah because they never archived it. It was only aired once and that's it. Vox Day and Derek Smart are supposed "free-speech" advocates yet they delete their webinar? That's cowardice. Ben Lesnick didn't delete any of his posts, is laughing at all of you and having a good time. You can see for yourself on Disco Lando's twitter

We'll see how much that fat turd's laughing in two weeks lol. The fact that he isn't deleting any of his posts guarantees it.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler

AP posted:

That's a joke too, it's quote from a mod. Have you ever thought maybe you are missing stuff in the thread?
The thought has never crossed my mind, thanks for the concern.

Oh man, your avatar just changed too. I'm being framed. WAIT A MINUTE ITS ANIMATED HOLY GOD I MISSED THAT TOO

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

STIMSIS posted:

Hey. No disrespect or nuttin', but the man says there aint nothing fuckin' wrong wit da dead niggas. #13,378

You know what I hate? When some kid dies in a car accident people make a little pile of flowers and crap along the road. #20330

I ended up going to class last night. Which was okayer than I thought. Because my teacher announced she has cancer and is cancelling every class after next week. Sometimes luck just goes my way. #21083

I want to bang Misty. #17,033

I want to catch all the Pokemon fish, so Misty will notice me. "Oh, my", she'll say, "your Waillord is so big." Then, with the help of the glass-making guy, I'll give her my pink rod. #21,635

uhoniakupo
Nov 7, 2009

Turd Burglar posted:

Odds on Ben being missing from the next few streams?

I say he's going to be promoted to a new role, that won't require him to be on stream. Grand Wizzard or something

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Between suck my oval office poster manofmanytoast and stimsis I can't tell who the gently caress is who, you're all terrible, jesus Christ, at least I try and get involved and crack an unfunny joke every once in a while. :cripes: it's so transparent that you're cig shills.

Azram Legion
Jan 23, 2005

Drunken Poet Glory

AP posted:

Necklace.

I can't stand Ben, but it is impossible for me not to feel intense pity for him at the same time. We are talking about a guy who started seeing himself as an undesirable loaf - an eternal outcast - in his childhood. Someone who genuinely does not believe he is a worthwhile being, and tries to hide it behind the weakest, most fragile superiority complex imaginable. His weight has gone up by that of a fully grown human since he started working at CIG, and his boss will constantly make mean-spirited jokes about it in front of the only group of people that actually respect him (because they themselves are lesser versions of him).

Ben Lesnick had a choice, once, of bettering himself, but he has spent so many years just giving up, that actual progress now requires a complete breakdown. His Wing Commander fetish is the clearest example of this: He knows that his life choices mark him as immature and unable to deal with adult life, but instead of accepting this part of himself, or trying to develop past it, he constantly wears it on his sleeve. "Look at me! I am the biggest nerd with the most ludicrous fixation in the world! I am stuck in my early teens!" or "Look at me! I'm so fat that I am disabled, and I pretend to find it funny when my skellington-thin boss makes fun of me for it in front of thousands!" In CIG he has found a work-environment so dysfunctional that his colleagues have to pretend that the symptoms of his horrendous emotional issues are actually cool and good - "Wow! That's a cool tattoo, Ben!" said no one in the world with sincerity.

He is slowly killing himself and his boss and his "fans" clap their hands and ask him to die faster, and he is almost - almost - capable of convincing himself that he is in on the fun, rather than the source of it. If he starts questioning his current position in life, then he has to question so much - every significant choice he has made in his life, his entire identity. Same thing if he questions his past, since every decision he has made since his early childhood is so heavily colored by his unfortunate circumstances, and his poor response to them. To be clear - those poor responses aren't his fault, because he was never taught how to reasonably and constructively respond to things. All he has learned is that he is a big, fat victim, and the only way for him not to be a victim is to find a group of people he can lord over, and then lord with all his pathetic might.

Look at that picture. Sitting at that table are:

- His boss, who will constantly make fun of him for his disability and tempt him into making it worse, while pretending this is fun! (if a company did something similar here in Denmark, that company would be hounded by politicians and the media for months)

- His idol, who he has long ago subconsciously realized is nowhere near the genius that he needs to be for Ben's obsession with him to be justified.

- His wife, who obviously has her own emotional issues (and who will enable him in his race for a heart attack, just as he undoubtedly enables her in private)

- His co-workers, who range from being similarly socially-disabled and therefore sympathetic (Toast), over actively disliking him for bringing up embarrassing but innocent mistakes in public (Lando), to probably feeling slightly awkward around him given how much racist stuff he has written in the past (Justin - is that his name?).

These are the people he celebrates his birthday with. This is his social circle in its entirety, outside of other Wing Commander obsessed misfits online. His bosses said "Ben, we are celebrating your birthday today! Remember to thank me on twitter!" and Ben is left with the following choice: Either accept that his dream-life is (and probably always was and would be) a living nightmare, or pretend that this is all really cool and good, and that he WANTS to celebrate his birthday with these people, and that there is nothing self-destructive about eating until he dies.

Pity the man, for he is lost in a hell that he himself has created, and he does not know how to redeem himself.

Azram Legion fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Apr 17, 2016

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

Notice how many lesnicks there are?

I thought it was him playing all of them, like in the nutty professor.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
They posted some flag notes man...that poo poo was stupid. Then it inevitably turned into a real shitshow. I mean if you're asking for help you dont spam obscene language in report flags. In the end it was goons doing goon things

A Lone Girl Flier
Sep 29, 2009

This post is dedicated to all those who fell by the forums, for nothing is wasted, and every apparent failure is but a challenge to others.

STIMSIS posted:

Ben Lesnick didn't delete any of his posts, is laughing at all of you and having a good time. You can see for yourself on Disco Lando's twitter

Yes, nothing is wrong. All the photos we've seen today show Ben enjoying his birthday, his day of celebration.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Im going to bed, cool down on the postings, I dont want to wake up to another 900+ posts.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

STIMSIS posted:

Vox day is a poo poo person and Derek a somewhat unhinged internet warlord, but free speech doesn't mean anything you say in public has to be recorded; just that you have the right to speak about poo poo. Are fake spaceships really worth defending a man (and he was man at the time, not some drat "kid") who made pedo/rape "jokes" while employed at a school?

STIMSIS
Feb 27, 2016
Fallen Rib

Abongination posted:

post more proof of Derek being a poo poo-heel and goons will pile on.

I already posted how Derek said gently caress YOU to the media, and then did a complete 180 now he's going to make a nice package for Breitbart of all places. OH and Breitbart Tech too! I'm just saying that Derek can't go from being a racist apologist by appearing on the Vox Day webinar, and then to calling out people for racism. It's hypocritical. Derek is feeding the hate bait to this thread but needs to be called out when he does it so selfishly. Derek has no purpose and will call people out on things he does himself.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler

Kakarot posted:

They posted some flag notes man...that poo poo was stupid. Then it inevitably turned into a real shitshow. I mean if you're asking for help you dont spam obscene language in report flags. In the end it was goons doing goon things
Uh, didn't you see what AP said? That's not what happened at all. He doesn't miss stuff.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
As penance for the previous post of mine, have a cat

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

Cao Ni Ma posted:

A huge rambling effort post as your first ever post in these forums and its all horrible. You've lurked for 2 months and yet learned nothing

I liked the term filth lord, really handy way to describe Ben in light of all this new info

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

AP posted:

Have you ever thought maybe you are missing stuff in the thread?

I know I am. I'm missing the goddamn game from this thread that I was promised years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Cao Ni Ma posted:

A huge rambling effort post as your first ever post in these forums and its all horrible. You've lurked for 2 months and yet learned nothing

But it took him 8 hours to research and write!

• Locked thread