Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

STIMSIS posted:

I already posted how Derek said gently caress YOU to the media, and then did a complete 180 now he's going to make a nice package for Breitbart of all places. OH and Breitbart Tech too! I'm just saying that Derek can't go from being a racist apologist by appearing on the Vox Day webinar, and then to calling out people for racism. It's hypocritical. Derek is feeding the hate bait to this thread but needs to be called out when he does it so selfishly. Derek has no purpose and will call people out on things he does himself.

I like how you're trying to sweep this under the rug by using Derek when he wasn't the one who found this poo poo or even started informing the media. Tbh he was a Johnny come late to the party and to somehow paint this as smart leading this hypocritical crusade is mis informed at best.

Catte tax:

BadOptics fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Apr 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Posting from 30 pages back. The only way this Ben crap can actually do some damage is if the gaming media really runs with it. Any hints this may be happening?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

BadOptics posted:

I like how you're trying to sweep this under the rug by using Derek when he wasn't the one who found this poo poo or even started informing the media. Tbh he was a Johnny come late to the party and to somehow paint this as smart leading this hypocritical crusade is mis informed at best.

"Star Citizen is bad because, " "Derek Smart's Line of Defense is worse and "

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

MedicineHut posted:

Posting from 30 pages back. The only way this Ben crap can actually do some damage is if the gaming media really runs with it. Any hints this may be happening?

Given this happened over a weekend, I figure we'll have to wait a bit to see if this will be so. But seriously, I am hoping they do so full fact style. I mean, they have no reason not to - it would give them amazing page hits, it's legitimately a lovely thing and it exposes CIG for the scummy place that everyone in the industry, by now, is no doubt aware of it being. Especially considering they can expect the Stimperor CR to write some mushmouth angry autist letter of address in response and then milk that for even more page hits!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

MedicineHut posted:

Nope, but a lurker named STIMSIS decided to come in here and run damage control to steer the narrative away from Ben in a manner that's not transparent at all

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

BadOptics posted:

Catte tax:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I said it before but everything smart has said doesnt even stand close to what Ben has, you have to add an entirely racist and pedophilic element to it thats just not there with smart.

I dont think Ben has change. That spite is still there when you look at some of his earnest response. He hides it better, but its still there and itll all come out when Star Citizen collapses

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Apr 17, 2016

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Sorry to break the bubble of our friendly neighborhood reddit lurkers but Derek wasn't the one who got the scoop on Ben's blog, stop trying to take credit away from other intrepid goons

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Chocobo posted:

Uh, didn't you see what AP said? That's not what happened at all. He doesn't miss stuff.

Hey, if you have any more of my posts from 2014 you wanted explained, just let me know.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

STIMSIS posted:

Derek is anti-social justice warrior. Look at his twitter feed it's full of Tracer cosplay because Blizzard wanted to "censor" a sexy pose. Now Derek wants to use the social justice warrior play book and attack Ben Lesnick for racism. It's hypocritical. I linked that quote from Ben on purpose, how he wanted to hate crime Freddie Prince Jr. Ben Lesnick has devoted his life to Wing Commander and even got a tattoo the same as the movie. But even he can realize Freddie Prince Jr was awful in the movie and could make fun of him.

What about goons with Derek? Derek goes on a racist's show and now wants to scream racism? Hypocrisy much? If goons won't hate crime Derek than can we say we are better than the cult like Shitizens?

Go easy on Derek. He didn't have an easy childhood and has mental issues. :colbert:

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what

STIMSIS posted:

I already posted how Derek said gently caress YOU to the media, and then did a complete 180 now he's going to make a nice package for Breitbart of all places. OH and Breitbart Tech too! I'm just saying that Derek can't go from being a racist apologist by appearing on the Vox Day webinar, and then to calling out people for racism. It's hypocritical. Derek is feeding the hate bait to this thread but needs to be called out when he does it so selfishly. Derek has no purpose and will call people out on things he does himself.

To be fair sandi and Justin appear on a show with a racist pedophile womanizer every week.

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

Also STIMSIS you're loving retarded.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

AP posted:

Hey, if you have any more of my posts from 2014 you wanted explained, just let me know.

I like how this entire episode with Ben is, for the thread, just further context to the scummy things Ben's done that we were witness to.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

STIMSIS posted:

Derek is anti-skeleton warrior. Look at his twitter feed it's full of Tracer cosplay because Blizzard wanted to "censor" a sexy pose. Now Derek wants to use the skeleton warrior play book and attack Ben Lesnick for racism. It's hypocritical. I linked that quote from Ben on purpose, how he wanted to hate crime Freddie Prince Jr. Ben Lesnick has devoted his life to Wing Commander and even got a tattoo the same as the movie. But even he can realize Freddie Prince Jr was awful in the movie and could make fun of him.

What about goons with Derek? Derek goes on a racist's show and now wants to scream racism? Hypocrisy much? If goons won't hate crime Derek than can we say we are better than the cult like Shitizens?

Tell me more about the racist's show.

Also being near a racist doesn't make you a racist.

Communicable racism.

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

STIMSIS posted:

Please show on this Constellation model where Derek touched you. :allears:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Saw posted:

Erin came into the office and locked the door behind him. He could hear the crashing of glass in the distance. 'That would be the whales breaking through the front door' he thought to himself.
Chris said, "errrr, Erin."
"Yeah?"
"ahhhm, errr, I done another bad thing." Chris replied while putting his hands palms together in front of his chest - almost like he was praying, then he started moving them side to side, keeping his palms together.
"It doesn't matter" Erin said.
Chris said, "ehhhh, Erin."
"Yeah?"
"ummm, I'll go find another, ahhhm, job to work in, if you errrrmmm want me, I uhhh, I uhhh, I might want to become a farmer."
Erin's shoulders slumped down. "No," he said. "I want you to stay with me here."
Chris said "Tell me like you, um, you done before." He then put his index fingers & thumbs together forming a rectangle. Then he closed one eye and looked through his digit rectangle, like a director framing a shot - swooping around the office changing directions persistently.
“Tell you what?” Erin replied.
“’Bout the other umm, guys an’ about, errr, us.”
Erin said, “Game publishers out there, they don’t want PC programmers. They put their stake in console gaming – blowing their chance at real fidelity. They don’t give a hoot in hell about the PC”
“But not us,” Chris cried happily. “erm, tell about us now.”
Erin could hear a repeated thud sounding in the distance – he knew the whales were now working on the doors to the mo-cap studio. “But not us,” he said.
“ahhm, errr, Because…”
“Because I got you an’…”
Chris finally stood still, changing his hands so that his thumbs & index fingers looked like he was pantomiming two pistols, only he kept the tips of his thumbs together, both fingers pointed at Erin. “An’ I got you. We got each other, that’s what, we give a hoot in hell about PC gaming” Chris cried in triumph using the words he’d said so many times before that his mouth didn’t stumble once while reciting them. When he got to “each other”, his right hand alternated between pointing at Erin and them himself.
Chris said, “ah, tell how it’s gonna, ah, erm, be.”
“Look at the monitor over there Chris, and I’ll tell you so you can almost see it.”
Chris turned his head and looked at the monitor. He was so anxious to hear Erin tell their dream once more that his hands stopped their near perpetual motion. He still swayed his body though.
“We’re gonna get a new development studio and this time we’ll finally finish creating the best damned space game ever,” Erin began.
Both men could now hear the sounds of the whales working on breaking through the door to Lesnick’s office. That’s the last one before this one Erin thought. Erin pulled a pistol from the back of his waistband. He took off the safety and put the pistol on the table behind Chris, who was still looking raptly at the monitor as Erin had told him. He stared at the back of Chris’s head – at the area where his head and neck met.
“ahhhm, Go on,” said Chris.
Erin took up the pistol, his hands shaking.
“ummm, Go on,” said Chris. “Tell what’s ermmm, gonna be in the ahhh, game.”
“We’ll have fighters, and capital ships,” said Erin. “An we’ll have space ports, and bio-domes for farming.”
“And we’ll grow millet for the birds!” Chris shouted – once more repeating a phrase he’d said so often before that his mouth managed to say it smoothly.
“For the birds,” Erin repeated.
“And I, errr, I get to feed, the umm, birds.”
“You get to feed the birds.”
Chris giggled with happiness. “And we get to urrr, live off the ahhhm, donations.” Chris started to turn his head back to Erin.
“No, Chris. Keep looking at the monitor, like you can almost see the game.”
Chris said, “I errr, ummm, thought you was, ahhh, mad at, errr, me, Erin.”
“No,” said Erin. “No, Chris. I’m not mad. I never been mad, and I ain’t now. That’s a thing I want you to know.
Chris begged, “Let’s get to it, urrrmm, now. Let’s ahhh, ahhh, ahhh, get to programming it now.”
“Sure, right now.” Erin raised the gun and steadied it; he put the muzzle of it close to Chris’s head and pulled the trigger. Chris’s body flew to the ground and came to rest looking strikingly similar to the T-pose.
The thumps coming from the door to the office let Erin know that the whales had finally made it – he hoped that seeing Chris’s body would satiate their need for destruction and that they wouldn’t require him as a sacrifice as well.

:golfclap:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Turd Burglar posted:

To be fair sandi and Justin appear on a show with a racist pedophile womanizer every week.

I don't think having a wife who he presumably lost his virginity to counts as being a womaniser :shrug:

STIMSIS
Feb 27, 2016
Fallen Rib

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Nope, but a lurker named STIMSIS decided to come in here and run damage control to steer the narrative away from Ben in a manner that's not transparent at all

If you think I work for CIG you're crazy. I don't have a dime invested in Star Citizen and agree that it is a scam. What I don't like and what brought me to post is that hero worship of Derek. Derek hangs out with racists and his friends don't care. Now somebody that Derek doesn't like is exposed as a racist and Derek's friends care about racism all of a sudden. It's stupid to me. All this talk about how Ben should lose his job. DEREK SHOULD LOSE THE OP. HE DOESN'T EVEN UPDATE IT!!

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

SomethingJones posted:

"A very deprived part of England called the North"
- Sandi Gardiner

In fairness though, that is just ash dyed green.

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

Also it's really hard to call derek a racist apologist when backers were flooding his live stream with the n word the whole time. I'm pretty sure he has screen caps of it with dumbasses that use their real names for their youtube accounts. Lmao.

A Lone Girl Flier
Sep 29, 2009

This post is dedicated to all those who fell by the forums, for nothing is wasted, and every apparent failure is but a challenge to others.

STIMSIS posted:

If you think I work for CIG you're crazy. I don't have a dime invested in Star Citizen and agree that it is a scam. What I don't like and what brought me to post is that hero worship of Derek. Derek hangs out with racists and his friends don't care. Now somebody that Derek doesn't like is exposed as a racist and Derek's friends care about racism all of a sudden. It's stupid to me. All this talk about how Ben should lose his job. DEREK SHOULD LOSE THE OP. HE DOESN'T EVEN UPDATE IT!!

Derek is calling out racism you idiot.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

STIMSIS posted:

:same:

But tell us how you REALLY feel...

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

AP posted:

I'm not sure if this is the part where I'm supposed to roll with the punches or claim that it was all an act and that you are dancing to my strings, help a brother with an out?

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I don't think having a wife who he presumably lost his virginity to counts as being a womaniser :shrug:

Try having Ben as the top and see how you feel.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Welp, Stimsis convinced me. Guess I have to hate that handsome internet warlord now. Oh fickle fates, what do you have in store for me next?

STIMSIS
Feb 27, 2016
Fallen Rib

Waldo P Barnstormer posted:

Derek is calling out racism you idiot.

When has Derek ever called out racism? Pics or it didn't happen

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

So if SC is a scam then it looks like Derek was right huh? So your problem with him sounds like it just doesn't add up.

PLUS Derek has nothing to do with the latest Ben debacle ironically.

You are here to shill for CIG, whether you work for them or not that is what you are doing.

A Lone Girl Flier
Sep 29, 2009

This post is dedicated to all those who fell by the forums, for nothing is wasted, and every apparent failure is but a challenge to others.

STIMSIS posted:

You just said he's been screaming about it, moron.

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

STIMSIS posted:

Goons were against derek going on that show but he did what he wanted to anyway.

You're really dumb cause it seems like you don't know what actually happened back then.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

STIMSIS posted:

Yeah but you're fixating on a tangent who literally showed up to make this version of the thread years after a lot of goons were burned by Ben acting in bad faith as a toxic community influence. This is much older than Derek's involvement in the thread or the SC fiasco.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

STIMSIS posted:

You have ten bucks invested in SC. You gave them to lowtax to see this thread and now you are posting in and the posts are horrible

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Gravity_Storm posted:

So if SC is a scam then it looks like Derek was right huh? So your problem with him sounds like it just doesn't add up.

PLUS Derek has nothing to do with the latest Ben debacle ironically.

You are here to shill for CIG, whether you work for them or not that is what you are doing.

I only shill as a hobby, professional shilling takes all the fun out of it.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

STIMSIS posted:

Seriously tho, can you blame him for saying gently caress you to the media? Its because of them this scam has been going on for so long.

in these 3 years, show me any article where some hard questions are being asked towards this project? There has been more then plenty occasions where CIG did some questionable things.

But the "media" chooses to ignore this, because clicks are worth more then investigated journalism.

In the 3 years, the gaming press has kept the scam alive by treating it as a game. Which so far doesn't even resemble a working proof of concept.

FFS, they don't even have female models yet. The most basic of things.
Where are the hard questions regarding game play features? Literally not one gameplay feature has been added to SC.

Remember that big German game site who went to foundry to watch the development of Sq42... They made this big post how everything was gonna be epic and awesome, and they close the article by stating they actually didn't see any gameplay what so ever.

And again, sites like Massively, mmorpg, etc choose to ignore the writing on the wall.

A gently caress you is well in order. And yes, if some of these outlets have any sense of pride left, they better start telling the news how the facts present them.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I'm a mercenary shill, I'll shill for whoever pays me the most

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Daztek posted:

I'm a mercenary shill, I'll shill for whoever pays me the most

Do you read Shiller of Fortune?

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

STIMSIS posted:

You're the one screaming that he's calling out racism now

Like seriously, how are you this loving dumb?

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

STIMSIS posted:

iron buns posted:

Please show on this Constellation model where Derek touched you. :allears:

Azram Legion
Jan 23, 2005

Drunken Poet Glory
Why are you all responding in exactly the way the person behind the STIMSIS account wants? Why are you feeling threatened by what is obviously either a joke or a troll? Just ignore whatever they post or have fun with it...

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
1) We're stupid.
2) We like to touch some poop.
3) Autism.

Pick 1 to 3.

STIMSIS posted:

It's stupid to me. All this talk about how Ben should lose his job.

Fixed. Also Ben shouldn't lose his job. Him working at CIG is better than him working at any school. And Derek was attacked in this thread for wanting to talk to his guy you complain about. He said that he's not damning anyone (or something along those lines).

Your free to create a new Star Citizen thread and get this one closed. God speed Commmannndo! o4!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Chocobo posted:

I'm not sure if this is the part where I'm supposed to roll with the punches or claim that it was all an act and that you are dancing to my strings, help a brother with an out?

I don't know what you mean, you appeared to have the wrong impression about something that happened ages ago. I politely tried to help you out, you then posted something of mine from 2014 that I assume you also misunderstood, as why else would you do that. I wasn't trying to annoy you or make fun of you, initially at least.

• Locked thread