Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I'm I the only one who thinks they severely gimped the Pyro class in this game? The attacks do much less damage, spell cast times seem a bit longer, and reach seems notably shorter. Not only that but you also can't use a shield. I'm pretty much using my Pyro just like a Warrior now.

Steve2911 posted:

Man, I hated Cathedral of the Deep at first but having had a proper look around it's such an excellent area. Up there with the best of the series in my (terrible) estimation.

It's unfortunate that when you are actually inside the cathedral it is pretty short and easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Spent the morning purple broing and it owns owns owns

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

8-bit Miniboss posted:

You sure you're not getting trolled from player notes?

Found one listed online outside the game that doesn't work at least . Also one of the ashes I read that's supposed to be hidden wasn't. The the little side hallway was totally open.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

punk rebel ecks posted:

Not only that but you also can't use a shield.

You know you can just equip the pyro hand to your other hand, right?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Spent the morning purple broing and it owns owns owns

Why do people summon purple people? They seem the most pointless poo poo. You don't get exp for killing them or even an item.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I don't know if it's a glitch but has anyone noticed you don't take damage from bleed meter if you are interacting with something like opening a door

Gnumonic
Dec 11, 2005

Maybe you thought I was the Packard Goose?

Jose posted:

the old demon king has a stupid amount of moves and the camera keeps loving up because they decided to put things in the middle of teh arena

My friend summoned me for that fight and he spent the entire loving time on the floor while I killed the boss. I think most of his physical animations are the same as the Stray/Asylum Demon, and you can run and hide from most of his magic (the big piles of crap are for line-of-sighting the meteors I think?).

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I wish the big piles of crap didn't have hand and poo poo sticking out of the side. I swear, half my deaths in that fight were just because I was hitting roll but I was stuck on some dead gently caress's hand.

Ahh Yes
Nov 16, 2004
>_>
You don't take any damage if you're opening a door

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Alan Smithee posted:

I don't know if it's a glitch but has anyone noticed you don't take damage from bleed meter if you are interacting with something like opening a door

Not a bug, just how the game works when you're interacting with objects in the world.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

Is it impossible to level up in the Blue sentinels if you join rosaria's fingers? I know I can't join the darkmoons but the npc in anor londo won't really talk to me and all the guides I've found say it's the same npc

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

You're REALLY invincible while interacting with objects.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i wish the wiki's were more up to date on weapon scaling. I want to know if its worth sticking a heavy gem into the great mace to use the last few levels before I have 50 strength or whether the A scaling on a heavy large club mean it will always do more damage

I see someone has cheated the dark moon knights register on the PC. thats not going to raise any suspicions being 99999 and second being 6818

Jose fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Apr 17, 2016

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So here's a really tiny weird thing that's bothering me. So many armor sets don't fit together right. There's a gap between the helmet and the torso armor that exposes your neck way too often, not even always when you're mixing helmets and torso pieces either. So it's really weird to just see my character's skin standing out against the otherwise seamless armor. I can only assume it's unintentional because there aren't usually gaps anywhere else. The black knight set is a good example of this.

ropa
Sep 7, 2006

Jose posted:

i wish the wiki's were more up to date on weapon scaling. I want to know if its worth sticking a heavy gem into the great mace to use the last few levels before I have 50 strength or whether the A scaling on a heavy large club mean it will always do more damage

I see someone has cheated the dark moon knights register on the PC. thats not going to raise any suspicions being 99999 and second being 6818

Weapon scaling seems to go in a case by case without much coherence

I want to know what weapons get S scaling

I found one by coincidence, Onikiri and Ubadachi get S in faith if infused with lightning at +9

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

Insurrectionist posted:

Do the 'boosts spelltype' and 'greatly boosts spelltype' rings stack? Are the former ones even worth using or is the bonus too tiny to bother?

I use +pyro, +fire, +int and +faith rings on my pyro. They all stack and my fire damage is apeshit.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

ropa posted:

I found one by coincidence, Onikiri and Ubadachi get S in faith if infused with lightning at +9

A plain O and U does 7 points more damage than a refined one on a quality build too.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Nuebot posted:

So here's a really tiny weird thing that's bothering me. So many armor sets don't fit together right. There's a gap between the helmet and the torso armor that exposes your neck way too often, not even always when you're mixing helmets and torso pieces either. So it's really weird to just see my character's skin standing out against the otherwise seamless armor. I can only assume it's unintentional because there aren't usually gaps anywhere else. The black knight set is a good example of this.

I'll tell you what armor set fits together right.

Boreal Dancer Armor http://i.imgur.com/6ZxdHGe.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6QQEXVzFwU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Lakbay posted:

A plain O and U does 7 points more damage than a refined one on a quality build too.

My greatsword still does like 10+ more damage uninfused than with any of the options at 30 STR and 20 DEX. Infusions feel kind of weak this time around.

knockout
Apr 27, 2014

my reputation's never been worse, so

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Can someone give me a quick combat primer to someone who's never played DS, only Bloodborne?

I've killed first dude and Tree Guy already, but I still get loving stomped nonstop by random mobs. I'm playing sword+board knight, going Str/Vit/Vig and a little Dex. I just don't understand what I should be doing in fights.

Against other PC-type enemies I just get smashed. I can't dodge them because they track me, if I try to block they just punch through it and murder me, and I don't have enough stamina to roll away for move than a few times.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
In Irithyll Dungeon how do you get down to the giant's cell? Do you have to fall?

Also gently caress those assholes who drain your max HP.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

RatHat posted:

In Irithyll Dungeon how do you get down to the giant's cell? Do you have to fall?

Also gently caress those assholes who drain your max HP.

That's what I did. It's quite the drop, but afterward, you can open up a elevator to it.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

VocalizePlayerDeath posted:

I use +pyro, +fire, +int and +faith rings on my pyro. They all stack and my fire damage is apeshit.

Yeah, I mean like, +pyro and ++pyro, does the ++pyro ring make the +pyro obsolete or not.

Also I've been having my first few tries on Pontiff Sulyvahn now, and drat that's a fun fight. It's REALLY making me feel like I'm gimped by going Faith specced though for one reason - my stamina is pretty mediocre and it's literally killing me. I mean, Green Blossoms more than make up for it and the instant I started using them for a couple tries I about doubled my progress easily, but I only have a small number of them and they don't last forever. And without them my short stamina bar kinda feels inadequate. Lightning Spear doesn't do much to this guy at medium range and the safest strat seems to be hugging him anyway where there's no time to cast it at all, so that's about useless, as is healing, so I'm not getting much from my ~30 faith...but it's still early so I'm sure I'll have him down before I know it!

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

not emptyquoting.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I just got the ash that lets me get a few twinkling titanite and scales. Have I missed one that gives large titanite shards?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

DrBouvenstein posted:

You know you can just equip the pyro hand to your other hand, right?

I tried this but it wouldn't let me. Maybe it's a glitch?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I do significantly more damage with pyro than I did with my sword+board character. I killed Pontiff in like 10 casts of Great Chaos Fire Orb and some of those even missed. That was using GSW, Witch's Ring, and the Fire Clutch Ring with a +6 pyro flame. It really has trivialized a bunch of bosses.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Is the area after Pontiff Sulyvahn the official PVP Zone or something? I was not invaded a single time while playing solo until this point but now I get invaded the second I start the game.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Popelmon posted:

Is the area after Pontiff Sulyvahn the official PVP Zone or something? I was not invaded a single time while playing solo until this point but now I get invaded the second I start the game.

Yes, it's the ersatz arena.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Finally got my Artorias GS and I am pretty happy with it.
Which begs the question - where can I find the BKH? Is it as broken as in DaS1?

immortal flow
Jun 6, 2003
boing boing boing
Is there any actual mechanical downside to hollowing? As far as I'm aware it's actually beneficial if you want a hollow infusion for your weapons, and also to get an additional ending, but I went and killed Yuria so I assume that's a bust. I don't want to look like a jerky zombie any more though :saddowns:

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
what are the low stam required good dex weapons? maybe to throw poison on 'em idk. fire uchigatana +4 just eats thru my stam too quick now in Catacombs

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

immortal flow posted:

Is there any actual mechanical downside to hollowing? As far as I'm aware it's actually beneficial if you want a hollow infusion for your weapons, and also to get an additional ending, but I went and killed Yuria so I assume that's a bust. I don't want to look like a jerky zombie any more though :saddowns:

you can go to the velka shrine and pay a FUCKtona!!! of souls to unhollow thru her Ibeleive

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
I JUST HAD A CRYSTAL LIZARD JUMP THRU THE MAP SOMEHOW AND KILL ITSELF OUTSDIE THE LEVEL I GUESS

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I AM BRAWW posted:

I JUST HAD A CRYSTAL LIZARD JUMP THRU THE MAP SOMEHOW AND KILL ITSELF OUTSDIE THE LEVEL I GUESS

Mine jumped off a ledge and killed itself.
Not the smartest little buggers they are.

e:

immortal flow posted:

You don't look cool + lower HP.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I'm in Farron Keep and I just opened the big door by extinguishing three flames throughout the swamp. Without spoiling anything am I far from the ability to respec? I've realized I'd much rather be using a long sword and focusing on pyromancy instead of a big weapons focus with a pyro support. At 22 str my longsword +3 is more useful and fun than my zweihander +3 :(.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

So this happened to me today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqmRua6D5Rk

The random pauses and weirdness are me laughing and trying to explain to my housemate what happened at the same time.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Holy poo poo, Nameless King was probably the hardest thing I've done in a Souls game. The fight itself was alright despite him constantly twoshotting me, but King of the Storm is just unfun as poo poo and having to go through that every time killed it for me. I must have had to fight that thing like seventy times.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wildtortilla posted:

I'm in Farron Keep and I just opened the big door by extinguishing three flames throughout the swamp. Without spoiling anything am I far from the ability to respec? I've realized I'd much rather be using a long sword and focusing on pyromancy instead of a big weapons focus with a pyro support. At 22 str my longsword +3 is more useful and fun than my zweihander +3 :(.

You're going in the wrong direction for the respec lady, she's in the Cathedral of the Deep, if you haven't found it, go back to the second Road of Sacrifices bonfire and explore the ruins to left of the swamp area.
Also she's pretty far in and it's a tough area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I just got to the final boss of Archdragon Peak and what the hell From Software you got anime all over my Souls :magical: