Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
wtf are questlines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
if you keep the giant guy's friendship branch he'll kill a giant crab for you, that's adorable

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Why in the flying gently caress do Alrdith Faithful target other invaders, rather than the hosts? I don't understand why you would kill the guy on the same side as you.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Can someone give me a quick combat primer to someone who's never played DS, only Bloodborne?

I've killed first dude and Tree Guy already, but I still get loving stomped nonstop by random mobs. I'm playing sword+board knight, going Str/Vit/Vig and a little Dex. I just don't understand what I should be doing in fights.

Against other PC-type enemies I just get smashed. I can't dodge them because they track me, if I try to block they just punch through it and murder me, and I don't have enough stamina to roll away for move than a few times.

You literally just wrote everything I've been thinking except that I'm a DS virgin without any prior experience, even down to class/stat allocation. I dread later areas since I already struggle so much.

Hang in there.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

my new dog posted:

wtf are questlines

It's when you don't kill NPCs.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Anti-Hero posted:

Why in the flying gently caress do Alrdith Faithful target other invaders, rather than the hosts? I don't understand why you would kill the guy on the same side as you.

Maybe you should stop trespassing

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
what are the roll %'s in this

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
There seems to be a secondary short cut in High Wall of lothric that I can't access, there is a locked door leading to what looks like an elevator in the area below the second bonfire, any ideas?
(I've already opened the first shortcut lift near the first bonfire).

I don't see this mentioned anywhere so don't know what I'm missing?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

I AM BRAWW posted:

what are the roll %'s in this

Under 30% fast roll
Between 30% and 70% normal roll
Over 70% slow roll
100% no roll

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Under 30% fast roll
Between 30% and 70% normal roll
Over 70% slow roll
100% no roll

woah it's a lot less unforgiving thanks

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

MZ posted:

There seems to be a secondary short cut in High Wall of lothric that I can't access, there is a locked door leading to what looks like an elevator in the area below the second bonfire, any ideas?
(I've already opened the first shortcut lift near the first bonfire).

I don't see this mentioned anywhere so don't know what I'm missing?

visit man leaning on the throne with cool Vega mask in Nexus, one day he will reward u. godspeed

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Is the damage on the fume knight not showing correctly because i don't have enough strength to use it 1 handed?

Is it obvious at firelink shrine which NPC is killing others for me to kill them because i've not seen too many at firelink and the 2 people i'd think it might be aren't always there

Jose fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Apr 17, 2016

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
How exactly do I use the dragon head and torso stones?

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Azran posted:

How exactly do I use the dragon head and torso stones?

Take off your armor.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Argh. Booting people back to the menu when the connection drops is not cool. loving hell. I had the goddamn Abyss Watchers down to a quarter and BAM. I didn't even have any phantoms. :argh:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Deacons of the Deep are such push overs.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

old demon king isn't much fun with a really slow weapon

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Oh that makes sense.
Anyways, finished the game! Got all the bosses. Man, this game is quite amazing and I'd say the best of the bunch. Even the optional bosses are flashy and interesting, and the "borings" fights have neat gimmicks. Can't wait to see the DLC.
Does the game refer to what's The Consumed King's deal?

punk rebel ecks posted:

Deacons of the Deep are such push overs.

It's a shame not many people let the boss live long enough to allow it to use its cool, coordinated special attack. It's quite the spectacle!

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.
Dancer: Kill the guchi guy that kicked your poo poo in at the beginning. Go to vordts door and summon the guy, take him up stairs and let him beat on the knights and die. Make sure he dies. Feed him to the blue guy if you have to. Go back to the point and reload, then summon him again, go in and start the dancer fight. Stay semi close to the boss, but far enough away you don't get slapped, the sword master will solo Dancer for you.

Edit: For those of you having issues with a certain boss, but don't want easy mode, this is one of those drug addict thingies. Do you take it and use it, or do you suffer?

Super knight dude at the dragon camp, after you open the gate and figure out he's going to bareback you mercilessly. Just back up to the bridge. He won't go past the stairs and you can plink him to death with a bow. Seriously, gently caress that guy, he was worse than some of the boss fights.

VV I think the whole point of that was to basically tell you to stop being a wuss and get in there swinging.

fromoutofnowhere fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Apr 17, 2016

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Azran posted:

It's a shame not many people let the boss live long enough to allow it to use its cool, coordinated special attack. It's quite the spectacle!

Is that when they form the giant growing death cloud over their heads? I think that happened on my second attempt and after that I made a point of burning them down as fast as possible.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Having a weird glitch. Sometimes hidden walls don't show up (like the door is open already no hitting needed) or if they aren't I can't open them up. Slashing the wall, hitting use, nothing works. I found one listen online that is definitely a hidden wall but won't open for me. Anyone seen that?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

FuzzySlippers posted:

Having a weird glitch. Sometimes hidden walls don't show up (like the door is open already no hitting needed) or if they aren't I can't open them up. Slashing the wall, hitting use, nothing works. I found one listen online that is definitely a hidden wall but won't open for me. Anyone seen that?

You sure you're not getting trolled from player notes?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
haha man, the npc for the end of sirris's quest is loving my rear end up

he's killed me with a riposte twice now

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Do the 'boosts spelltype' and 'greatly boosts spelltype' rings stack? Are the former ones even worth using or is the bonus too tiny to bother?

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

Okay seriously, how are you supposed to fight the Champion without a shield? This motherfucker has tons of combos that go on ridiculously long. So fine, I'll wait for an opening, except he keeps mixing in kicks and punched and shoulder checks that go incredibly fast. And if I sit back and try to see if he does one, well then he just goes right into his next attack. He's totally relentless. The difficult jump from Orieon to him is like a brick loving wall.

EDIT: I probably just need to clear my head and try again tomorrow but god drat this guy is rough

Late reply, but I found that it was better NOT to use a shield against him, and just roll away from his attacks. He's very aggressive, especially in the second half, but he can be read. Just roll like hell and strike as soon as he pauses after attacking, and don't get greedy.

e: I think I was level 70-ish when I beat him? Give or take like 5 levels

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Seek Guidance mentions seeing summon signs without using an ember, is that for real? Can you wind up summoning if you aren't embered?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Despite my bitching, the final boss is fantastic. That loving phase transition music.... :allears:

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
I've got to say, I just had an absolute blast getting all thirty of my bones in the Grand Archives. :allears: I love an area where I can just sort of hover around and put hosts on edge while the much-deadlier-than-me mobs murder them. Hell, the abundance of crystal lizards make a good indicator of how new they are to the area, and therefore whether I can just hang back and read SA while I wait for them to die on their own.

Basically I'm saying that I prefer to do my PvP as far away from other players as possible.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Toriori posted:

Seek Guidance mentions seeing summon signs without using an ember, is that for real? Can you wind up summoning if you aren't embered?

no, you can just see the summon signs so you know they're there before you waste an ember

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Man, I hated Cathedral of the Deep at first but having had a proper look around it's such an excellent area. Up there with the best of the series in my (terrible) estimation.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the old demon king has a stupid amount of moves and the camera keeps loving up because they decided to put things in the middle of teh arena

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Does anything drop rusted coins? I have no clue where patches is in my game right now so I can't buy any.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Steve2911 posted:

Man, I hated Cathedral of the Deep at first but having had a proper look around it's such an excellent area. Up there with the best of the series in my (terrible) estimation.

It's really shortcut heavy, which is always a good sign in my books.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

fromoutofnowhere posted:

Dancer: Kill the guchi guy that kicked your poo poo in at the beginning. Go to vordts door and summon the guy, take him up stairs and let him beat on the knights and die. Make sure he dies. Feed him to the blue guy if you have to. Go back to the point and reload, then summon him again, go in and start the dancer fight. Stay semi close to the boss, but far enough away you don't get slapped, the sword master will solo Dancer for you.

Edit: For those of you having issues with a certain boss, but don't want easy mode, this is one of those drug addict thingies. Do you take it and use it, or do you suffer?

People need to get this done before the patch coming early on the 18th, Japanese time. Just in case. Twink-factory up and running.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Jose posted:

the old demon king has a stupid amount of moves and the camera keeps loving up because they decided to put things in the middle of teh arena

That was by far the most frustrating fight in the game for me. I'm really not sure what you're even supposed to do about several of his moves, he barely telegraphs them at all and they have such a big AoE. Combine that with the camera and yeah, it wasn't fun.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i think its going to be the first fight i summon for because its really just not fun

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
did I just screw myself out of getting sirris's dope armor by actually doing her quest right

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

lets hang out posted:

no, you can just see the summon signs so you know they're there before you waste an ember

Oh, okay.

Pontiff knights can ride a wheelbarrow of dicks straight to hell

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Beat it. Locking on was causing all sorts of problems when trying to dodge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Jose posted:

Beat it. Locking on was causing all sorts of problems when trying to dodge

Locking onto large bosses is almost always detrimental in these games. It's just best to handle that yourself.