Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erz
Sep 9, 2004
Just tuning in to this. Also:

Triticum Guzzler posted:

lol aoki threw a water bottle at cruickshank (as a joke?)

https://twitter.com/tamagomma/status/721630278918152192

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
Is there actually any way to watch Rizin? I really would like to see how Karl Albrektsson does in his fight against that Vadim guy.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

i'm no longer laughing if kawajiri got beaned in the eye he's had multiple surgeries on :(

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

DekeThornton posted:

Is there actually any way to watch Rizin? I really would like to see how Karl Albrektsson does in his fight against that Vadim guy.

there's a chinese stream if you have a vpn or hola works and there's a guy on sherdog getting repeatedly banned from every streaming site on earth trying to restream it

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
Ah well, I'll see if I can work it out some way. Thanks.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
lol jaideep displayed the one mma skill he learned from the master

https://gfycat.com/SaltyComposedBlacklab

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-WPfpBsdm0

god drat pride rules cruickshank is exactly as good as it sounds. side kick to the face of a kneeling opponent is cool as heck

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
that was pretty cool and also I hope he gets paid (hint he won't)

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
I just saw on Sherdog that Karl won his fight against that Russian guy. Did any of you watch it and if so was it a good performance?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Triticum Guzzler posted:

god drat pride rules cruickshank is exactly as good as it sounds. side kick to the face of a kneeling opponent is cool as heck

I love the mustache and I love that fight. You could tell he was the kind of guy that couldn't hang with the top dudes in the UFC but would absolutely crush lesser fighters.

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
Karl loving Albrektsson

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.

DekeThornton posted:

I just saw on Sherdog that Karl won his fight against that Russian guy. Did any of you watch it and if so was it a good performance?

https://youtu.be/053xj6wgKRU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Has Gabi beat up a housewife yet?

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

Thanks!

I'm biased, but that was cool and good.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

Has Gabi beat up a housewife yet?

The match was very disturbing.. Gabi mercifully ended it in the second round with an armbar..

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Daron Cruickshank owns and I kind of hope Sakakibara can get some money from someplace that's not the yakuza so we can get the second coming of Pride, because I'd like to see more of that.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
https://twitter.com/GrishamESPN/status/721836473801142272

Rumors are its wanderlei

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

That would be interesting since I think he's still under suspension till May of next year.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

fatherdog posted:

That would be interesting since I think he's still under suspension till May of next year.

Actually shouldn't Kimbo be suspended as well? Did they actually set a suspension length or is he going to be "up for a hearing" or something?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Psh, the Cuban Federation of Mixed Martial Arts cares not for such matters

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Kimbo was only suspended for 90 days

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Kimbo was only suspended for 90 days

lol. anyway it'll be it in london.

i want to see cruickshank fight andy souwer

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

lol. anyway it'll be it in london.

i want to see cruickshank fight andy souwer

I mean, if they have Wanderlei fight in London they won't run into sanctioning issues for that event, but it may run them into problems next time they actually have to apply for a promoter's license in NV or anywhere with close ties to them.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Kimbo vs james thompson, lol

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

yahoo

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
It's gonna be insanely competitive too, which owns

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
Light the Willie Dee signal

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Troxartas posted:

Light the Willie Dee signal

Kicks a chocolate orange down the middle of a bendy bus

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
loooooooooooooooool

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
I did tell you this was happening last week on the last page...

willie_dee posted:

So uh, who wants to see the most watched fight of all time for the longest time again?

I can't out right tell you things I'm told before they are official.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
what kind of MMA journalist are you then ?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

willie_dee posted:

I did tell you this was happening last week on the last page...

I can't out right tell you things I'm told before they are official.

fatherdog posted:

loooooooooooooooool

I look forward to this match intensely

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Bubba Smith posted:

what kind of MMA journalist are you then ?

It is very common for MMA journalists to say "oh i knew about that for like 6 months" after something major gets announced, so Willie is obviously a very good journalist

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Ffs lads I posted it without spelling it out for you what did you think I was posting about? Just believe me when I say things at this point I verify all my sources and tales.

GSP is gay, JT owns, Mark Hunt is more mentally ill than anyone realises and Josh Barrett is really loving clever.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

fatherdog posted:

I was expecting Bellator to attempt to become Strikeforce II, their new attempts to become EliteXC II are a bit of a surprise, though.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Scott Coker doesn't give a gently caress

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Back Door Billy is the new Front Row Brian

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Cruickshank ruining z-league lightweights owns

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Daron Cruickshank as the gaijin heel of Japanese MMA is good poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Cruickshank is an example of how this sport has room for several levels of televised mma and I hope things shake out so that we get/keep them.