Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
also the internet is telling me the first ball in catacombs should shatter and drop an undead bone shard for me but it's not. do i have to do anything to get it to shatter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Neurosis posted:

these catacombs are harder than any place i can remember in dark souls or bloodborne.

It's not that hard.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Neurosis posted:

also the internet is telling me the first ball in catacombs should shatter and drop an undead bone shard for me but it's not. do i have to do anything to get it to shatter?

You need to kill the nearby skeleton wearing a funny hat to make it break

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
what the heck did the music in firelink change? it has shades of majula now, which was my favorite ds song ever (epic haunting feels). wish it had been like this all game

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

a Loving Dog posted:

what the heck did the music in firelink change? it has shades of majula now, which was my favorite ds song ever (epic haunting feels). wish it had been like this all game

maybe it's just me but i wish u put this in tags.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
The music in Firelink changes when you show the Fire Keeper the set of eyes from Untended Graves' Firelink Shrine.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

rediscover posted:

maybe it's just me but i wish u put this in tags.

sorry man ive been pretty careful about that but i didnt think that one was too huge

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

lets hang out posted:

cool ty

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

The Nameless King and King of Storms might be my favorite boss fight ever.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

ROBO_ERECTUS posted:

Hey if anyone is having trouble with Pontiff Sullivan and want to feel like a badass, try parrying him. Most satisfying fight for me yet.

U owe it to yourself to not do that IMO

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Dan Didio posted:

The Nameless King and King of Storms might be my favorite boss fight ever.

there are like three fights that might be my favorite! so good game

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

drat you guys are already up to fighting the God King and Flame Lord and I'm just proud of beating punk rear end Crystal Sage.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

lets hang out posted:

Wait, you can destroy the skeleton boulder? I didn't even realize that was possible.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

NickRoweFillea posted:

Wait, you can destroy the skeleton boulder? I didn't even realize that was possible.

It destroys itself when it runs into a wall, i think, but I didnt understand what I did to make it happen

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

It destroys itself when it runs into a wall, i think, but I didnt understand what I did to make it happen

i think it just slowly destroys itself each time it hits a wall. i went away and came back later and it was dead

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
it will destroy itself the next time it hits the wall after the skeleton with the funny hat is dead. i think there's one hatted skeleton for each boulder rolling around in the catacombs.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Neurosis posted:

it will destroy itself the next time it hits the wall after the skeleton with the funny hat is dead. i think there's one hatted skeleton for each boulder rolling around in the catacombs.

ohhhh. ty

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

a huge thank you to whoever posted about the seed of the giant tree dropping after you get invaded, btw. i never would have figured that out

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Do the last Lord of Cinder boss fight solo. You won't regret it.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Dan Didio posted:

I didn't mind Yhorm being easy because it was a great capstone to Siegward's questline and the experience was awesome as it was, but I wish Oceiros had more to him because there's not really a lot to digest or make the fight more meaningful or awesome other than that he talks.

Fun fact if you mess up and let Siegward die in that fight you don't get a second chance at finishing it properly, and dude's just dead when you next try the fight.

I've never felt worse about taking too long to kill a boss. Trust me Onionbro, NG+ I'll do it properly. You'll get to see your duty through.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Infinity Gaia posted:

Fun fact if you mess up and let Siegward die in that fight you don't get a second chance at finishing it properly, and dude's just dead when you next try the fight.

That is hilarious.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Infinity Gaia posted:

I've never felt worse about taking too long to kill a boss. Trust me Onionbro, NG+ I'll do it properly. You'll get to see your duty through.

same here :smith:

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

net cafe scandal posted:

drat you guys are already up to fighting the God King and Flame Lord and I'm just proud of beating punk rear end Crystal Sage.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

sunday plans:

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Spoiler: my dick and balls smell like poo poo

Probably cause I've been not showering too busy playing DARK SOULS

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

These are Monday plans to me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

a Loving Dog posted:

I needed 456k lmao

haha

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

sunday plans:

Im going to take a break today. Dont want to overload myself

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

lol i spent a half an hour trying to farm the corvian great scythe off those dudes in road of sacrifices that grow wings outta their backs and got nothing. first one i kill in ng+ drops one

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

HolePisser1982 posted:

sunday plans:

i felt like a boss when i took my first shower after game release (about 2.5 days).

Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

Paul is unimpressed by the glories of the Host.

a Loving Dog posted:

lol i spent a half an hour trying to farm the corvian great scythe off those dudes in road of sacrifices that grow wings outta their backs and got nothing. first one i kill in ng+ drops one
thta sword bleeds urself just so u know

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The Manikin claws are unbelievably awesome.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The giant goat sorcerers are even worse than the giant enemy crabs.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

What area are the Watchdogs even supposed to be protecting? The marsh outside of Farron Keep? Because dealing with human invaders in this swamp would be insane

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Vulich the Subtle posted:

thta sword bleeds urself just so u know

good i want to die

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

changing my build up for ng+ and roleplaying as ornstein with the dragonslayer spear is so fuckin good and fun

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

a Loving Dog posted:

changing my build up for ng+ and roleplaying as ornstein with the dragonslayer spear is so fuckin good and fun

congrats on beating the nameless king btw

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i cant tell u how happy i am that the 2nd half of the game bosses all have poo poo loads of HP. i was worried cos the first few had small hp bars

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Getting constantly summoned for Watchdogs. Extremely fun

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

i cant tell u how happy i am that the 2nd half of the game bosses all have poo poo loads of HP. i was worried cos the first few had small hp bars

it's still kind of a bummer that the early ones are over so quick, but its so easy to make things more difficult for yourself in these games, so i just do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Man, the last four bosses of Nameless King/King of Storms, Dragonslayer Armour, Prince Lorian, Older Prince/Prince Lothric, Younger Prince and Soul of Cinder might be my four favourite boss fights, and all in a row to boot.

The people saying this game drops off after Sulyvhan are insanely insane.

• Locked thread