Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

DeadlyHalibut posted:

Really good end game soul farming spot in Archdragon Peak

Gets you 100k souls per 5 minutes, or double that in NG+. I farmed all the boss armors and all vendor miracles, sorceries and pyromancies with it before starting ng+. I used some +souls gear Shield of Want, Covetous Silver Ring and Symbol of Avarice

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AEyMManMUL-TXDY&cid=D52264672BC3DF40&id=D52264672BC3DF40!583&parId=D52264672BC3DF40!582&o=OneUp

I don't know if it has been mentioned before since the thread moves so quick.

Cheers, that's a great farming spot!

I got myself the Dragonslayer Swordspear and oh my god what an incredibly cool weapon :swoon: I used it in the aforementioned farming spot and it was just a matter of ZAP, twoshot, twoshot, twoshot. It's so good! I also loving love the armor set you get from the boss, it looks so cozy. With my newly acquired levels in VIT I decided I want to be HUGE so I coupled it with my favorite enormous pants and this is my current Fashion Souls:

It's a shame that all this super cool stuff is right at the end of the game, because now I have to play through NG+ if I want to actually use it and I'm a big baby who thinks NG is hard enough :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

ghostter posted:

i would have done that if i could tell the difference between the clones and the real one

The clones use blue attacks. The real one uses purple attacks.

FallenGod posted:

Not sure what the guy was talking about all those pages back, but even a 5 year old Intel CPU is way faster than what's in the PS4 / Xbox, so it isn't really a surprise. Game runs fine for me as well, outside of some occasional hitching on autosave.

It's more than just one guy. It's been multiple people in multiple forums.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
So I've been trying to into that drat cage on the dudes back to join the mound makers, but I can't, it won't let me, I don't get the option. I haven't killed the 3rd boss yet so I don't know what's up

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

DarkAvenger211 posted:

So I've been trying to into that drat cage on the dudes back to join the mound makers, but I can't, it won't let me, I don't get the option. I haven't killed the 3rd boss yet so I don't know what's up

Did you aggro him somehow? If not, did you talk to the friendly caged enemy nearby?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I am glad we have had this conversation about the filter list, my morning has been significantly improved by it, thank you friends

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Work Friend Keven posted:

I think my problem is I'm summoning a guy and then it's got too much health when that guy dies around 50% every single time but there's not a lot of space to hit him without a summon because of the darn arrows. ...

Run around to avoid the arrows. I mean literally run around, use your sprint and get as far as you can once he raises the bow, then make sharp turns when the arrows catch up to you. Mix with a few rolls towards the end of the attack to avoid the next one.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So if you can get Smaug's armor, can you get the weapon that goes with it?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

BillmasterCozb posted:

Yup.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

BillmasterCozb posted:

Yes, it's in the second half of Irithyll, you don't have to buy it from anywhere.

Malek Deneith
Jun 1, 2011
What the actual gently caress. Apparently there are claims that Black Separation Crystal adds points to the same invisible "online play ban" counter that disconnects do. The details are sketchy at best, and I hope this is just someone talking out of their rear end but if it's true that'd be dumb as hell.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Gotta say the Pontiff Greatsword is a really cool weapon. Seems to have good dex/str scaling. Free fire buff for a focus skill. Nice move set with lots of horizontal swings. And the focus attack looks awesome as hell.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Man I had to kill like 50 of the silver knights to even get one Concord Kept and I'm still having zero luck getting summoned for the Blue Sentinels/Darkmoon covenants. I hope they do something about it soon

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Malek Deneith posted:

What the actual gently caress. Apparently there are claims that Black Separation Crystal adds points to the same invisible "online play ban" counter that disconnects do. The details are sketchy at best, and I hope this is just someone talking out of their rear end but if it's true that'd be dumb as hell.

People questioned that in Dark Souls 2 as well and it wasn't true in that game, so presumably it's not in this one either. Or at least, hopefully.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Malek Deneith posted:

I use it all the time. Lost count of the amount of times I've been unable to enter boss zones even when they've been started by the host. Don't see any difference, signs are everywhere.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I will say that the most frustrating thing during Sunbroing is on certain bosses (Usually the puzzle bosses), when the fight doesn't activate right away you'll be waiting outside the fog door until the host realises he needs to start the fight. Sometimes they never do. They get confused as to what their buddies are up to, then flap around for ages trying to convince us to follow them.

I want to, buddy, I really do :sigh:

Captn Kurp
Oct 21, 2013

:bravo2:

Malek Deneith posted:

There's a system in place where if you use the crystal a lot it will not allow you to summon, but I believe its reset twice a day or so. I was reading about the use of the "Way of the White Circlet".

Here's the description from the guide:

"Online play item. Restore connection to other worlds.
Those who engage in unjust deeds when in contact with other worlds will lose their connection to them.
Way of the White Circlets assume such sin as their own, but are found few and far between. Acting without honor will never be without risk.

Repeatedly disconnecting from online sessions blocks you from using online play. Use this item to restore your connectivity. A new one only reappears about twice a day, so don't abuse disconnects."

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Malek Deneith posted:

I'm kind of wondering if the online play ban even exists this time around. I've alt+f4ed out of a bunch of invasions with hackers because I wasn't sure how bad they could gently caress over your character this time and I've crystaled out of bugged invasions where the the person was fighting the boss. I still get instant invasions and I haven't had any issues.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
does anyone have some advice for the pontiff? I'm just taking far too many hits that require me to heal without much time to heal

I'm possibly struggling since i've only got 15 endurance and I'm putting everything into strength to reach 50

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jose posted:

does anyone have some advice for the pontiff? I'm just taking far too many hits that require me to heal without much time to heal

Take less hits.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Fighting the deacons of the deep is a fun way to get cash fast.

e: BTW at 16/18 str/dex, should I just go ahead and make my claymore fire until I get 30/30 int/fth and make it Chaos?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Andrast posted:

Take less hits.

i don't think i have the stamina to successfully be able to dodge an entire combo especially when the camera freaks out trying to do so. i might come back later

Malek Deneith
Jun 1, 2011

Captn Kurp posted:

Repeatedly disconnecting from online sessions blocks you from using online play. Use this item to restore your connectivity. A new one only reappears about twice a day, so don't abuse disconnects."
Does it though? Everywhere I read people are claiming no one found another Way of the White Circlet.

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Jose posted:

What worked for me was sticking close to his left-hand side. (the one where he carries the purple-glowing sword) If you're close enough, he'll usually overshoot you when he attacks with his flaming sword, and getting hit by the purple one isn't nearly as punishing. He has a ton of long-ranged attack combos anyway, so trying to keep distance is likely to get you killed regardless.

LemonRind
Apr 26, 2010

CEO OF FUNHAVER ENTERPRISES
Ask me about making YOUR thread suck less!
Started up the game, and feel like I've missed the orange soapstone item. Is it something that needs to be purchased or found?

Captn Kurp
Oct 21, 2013

Malek Deneith posted:

Does it though? Everywhere I read people are claiming no one found another Way of the White Circlet.

I haven't actually used it, the quote is from the strategy guide because I'm gay and bought it. I can't imagine they would publish information like that without confirming it.

Captn Kurp
Oct 21, 2013

LemonRind posted:

Started up the game, and feel like I've missed the orange soapstone item. Is it something that needs to be purchased or found?

You start with it, its in the menu when you press start and its not actually a soap stone now its just a menu option.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

LemonRind posted:

It's the scroll in your start menu

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Exodee posted:

What worked for me was sticking close to his left-hand side. (the one where he carries the purple-glowing sword) If you're close enough, he'll usually overshoot you when he attacks with his flaming sword, and getting hit by the purple one isn't nearly as punishing. He has a ton of long-ranged attack combos anyway, so trying to keep distance is likely to get you killed regardless.

This has made a huge difference, thanks. Still annoying i have to 2h my weapon and this loses the horizontal attacks

Famine
May 8, 2004
Has anyone had voice-chat work on PC?

Famine fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Apr 17, 2016

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nevermind.

plape tickler fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Apr 17, 2016

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

I've had the BlueCop Cov equip'd since I got it - easily 40~ game hours ago. I've yet to have a single summon to defend anyone. Any idea what is doing this? Finished the game, but was slightly annoyed I never got to help anyone as a blue.

Invasions and Summons + Buddy Summons have worked flawlessly. I just don't seem to get auto-summoned.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

got him :getin: nearly hosed up with like half a cm of his health bar left because i kept missing with attacks instead of trying to heal

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

iGestalt posted:

I've had the BlueCop Cov equip'd since I got it - easily 40~ game hours ago. I've yet to have a single summon to defend anyone. Any idea what is doing this? Finished the game, but was slightly annoyed I never got to help anyone as a blue.

Invasions and Summons + Buddy Summons have worked flawlessly. I just don't seem to get auto-summoned.

Because the Blue Sentinels is useless. It requires people be in the Way of Blue covenant, which nobody ever stays in.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Jose posted:

This has made a huge difference, thanks. Still annoying i have to 2h my weapon and this loses the horizontal attacks

If you've been pumping strength use a great shield. It allows you to turtle his attacks, poke then run away and set up again.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Famine posted:

how do I cast spells?

I've got the attuned the spell I want, but how do I cast it?

Equip the appropriate spell casting item in either hand and press R1 or L1. Miracles use talismans, sorcery uses catalysts, pyromancy uses the pyromancy flame. The old lady merchant in firelink shrine sells the basic sorcery and miracles ones.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

TaurusOxford posted:

Because the Blue Sentinels is useless. It requires people be in the Way of Blue covenant, which nobody ever stays in.

I did hang around in the other auto-summon covs today and nothing happened either. Although that could be due to being NG+, Level 95 and with a +5 weapon.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
So, there is nothing like the Small White Soapstone in DS2, where you'd get some stuff out of being a bodyguard for a bit? I'm reluctant to summon someone in a new area and then just dick around looking at the scenery.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Captn Kurp posted:

There's a system in place where if you use the crystal a lot it will not allow you to summon, but I believe its reset twice a day or so. I was reading about the use of the "Way of the White Circlet".

Here's the description from the guide:

"Online play item. Restore connection to other worlds.
Those who engage in unjust deeds when in contact with other worlds will lose their connection to them.
Way of the White Circlets assume such sin as their own, but are found few and far between. Acting without honor will never be without risk.

"Disconnecting from online sessions" has nothing to do with using an item to leave another person's world. When you black crystal out of someone's world, you don't disconnect from the session. They are talking about your personal connection to the Dark Souls server: pulling your internet while you're in online mode and other methods of exiting the game into offline mode without doing it in the main menu.

edit: That's why they use that specific wording regarding what the circlet does, because they're not talking about you exiting using mechanics built into the game.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Apr 17, 2016

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So I chose deep soul instead of the candlestick after all because I probably won't do too much invading because it's broke as hell right now. 30 damage sure isn't a lot. :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Lol at dying to Abyss Watchers because a poison mook with a spear poked me through the fog gate mid-fight.

Also gently caress the Abyss Watchers. I get why they're not that hard but I can't get a grasp on them, especially in part 2.