Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

woodch posted:

So are we rooting for NIP to get to the final? It's been a while...

But then, hype for the underdogs is always fun.

:munch:

gently caress that, godsent all the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
HAHAHA twist got hosed.

http://oddshot.tv/shot/dreamhackcs-2016041715591283

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

god lekr0 back at it again with the deags

whodatwhere
Aug 24, 2013

nip getting out aimed with godsent's aggression every round.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Seeing the swedish talent on godsent I just can't understand why the gently caress NiP went with fukken Pyth of all people

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Apparently twist has turned offers from nip down a lot

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010

Bohemian Nights posted:

Seeing the swedish talent on godsent I just can't understand why the gently caress NiP went with fukken Pyth of all people

those awp shots seemed decent

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Bohemian Nights posted:

Apparently Pyth brings excessively good vibes to the team.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Yep, sure makes things easier for NiP with Pyth actually hitting shots. Oddly enough he's been a pretty good rifler this LAN, this is the first match I've really noticed his AWP is also good.

\/ He seems really jittery but tends to hit his shots when they have momentum.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Apr 17, 2016

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
pyth isn't by any means a bad but he really doesn't strike me as the impact player NiP perhaps needs

e: of course pyth starts hitting his shots now

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Apr 17, 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007
godsent was fun to watch except for losing the 13 consecutive rounds

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Depths posted:

Betting godsent, no regrets (quote this when they lose)

thanks for the skins

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Bohemian Nights posted:

thanks for the skins

close enough, my heart won

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

godsent is gonna be a better g2 before they got picked up by faze (not to be confused with the current shitters known as g2)

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Thorin's beard is gross.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

sleppy posted:

Thorin's beard is gross.

looks like a homeless man who hasn't showered in awhile.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

sleppy posted:

Thorin's beard is gross.

He hosed up the one side and kept the chin way too long so it's both shaggy and very asymmetrical.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Photex posted:

looks like a homeless man who hasn't showered in awhile.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Don't be a jackass.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Spiros posted:

Don't be a jackass.

or do whatever you want to post imo

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

If anything, the picture highlights how clean both his beard and hair are from regular showers

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I look pretty clean considering that picture was taken after the 16 hour load in

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Yo, what the gently caress was seized thinking going for the jumping Awp shot in that situation?

I have officially taken the stance that "jump shots are a broken mechanic" if they are viable in a 1v4 situation from A site vs long

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I LIKE TO SMOKE WEE posted:

Yo, what the gently caress was seized thinking going for the jumping Awp shot in that situation?

I have officially taken the stance that "jump shots are a broken mechanic" if they are viable in a 1v4 situation from A site vs long

unfortunately it makes sense for spectators, it's exciting to see. It's painful and annoying for players.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

OxySnake posted:

Also speaking of mousechat, does anyone have any recommendations for a headset? I have a logitech G35 that is starting to fall apart and truthfully I've never really cared for.

I was thinking of getting a Kingston Hyper X Cloud II

Any thoughts?

Do not for what ever reason get the g930. This headset has had so many problems. Less then a yr brackets on either side broke. It turns off ever 15 min even when I'm in game. Soooo infuriating. Sometimes just wont work and I have to reset it.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
if you're gonna make fun of photex' goony mug please post your sens, dpi, mouse mat brand and a picture of yourself

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

that B execute was pretty much every MM B Execute i've ever done.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bohemian Nights posted:

if you're gonna make fun of photex' goony mug please post your sens, dpi, mouse mat brand and a picture of yourself
1.75@500, no mousepad, I'm Jack Black.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Best sign so far.
"I wish my wife was as quick as Guardian"

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Lol if you buy a gaming headset over the best set of studio headphones you can afford and a cheap external mic

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD...nnheiser+598+SE

Pretty much all you need and a cheap $10 USB mic.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Google Butt posted:

Lol if you buy a gaming headset over the best set of studio headphones you can afford and a cheap external mic
I bought the HyperX Cloud for $70 and it's very good, so :shrug:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

symbolic posted:

I bought the HyperX Cloud for $70 and it's very good, so :shrug:

I have the new Hyper X Revolver that I think comes out in a few weeks. They are pretty comfortable I will admit. I'm taking them to Dreamhack Austin because I actually don't own a cheap mic and i'd rather not get my 598s broken or stolen by TSA.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Photex posted:

I have the new Hyper X Revolver that I think comes out in a few weeks. They are pretty comfortable I will admit. I'm taking them to Dreamhack Austin because I actually don't own a cheap mic and i'd rather not get my 598s broken or stolen by TSA.

Have you looked into shipping things to yourself? You can pack a box with all your gear, and ship it to the hotel. If the hotel is awesome they will have the box waiting for you in your room when you check in.

I personally hate checking luggage, if I can't fit it in my carryon then it goes via mail.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I LIKE TO SMOKE WEE posted:

Have you looked into shipping things to yourself? You can pack a box with all your gear, and ship it to the hotel. If the hotel is awesome they will have the box waiting for you in your room when you check in.

I personally hate checking luggage, if I can't fit it in my carryon then it goes via mail.

I bought a new laptop over X-Mas that was kind of dual purpose, my wife needed a replacement and I needed something to take to DHack. TSA hates me because I bring pelican cases onto the plane and don't check them.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Xizt with a triple kill through smoke. I'm honestly starting to think that all pro's are walling and they sit there laughing at MM scrubs all day trying to grind out wins the honest way.

e: Ah the old GeT_ReKt

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
What does unlucky favelas mean

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Favelas is apparently a derogatory word against Brazilians, it means like ghetto or something.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

dangerdoom volvo posted:

favelas are the shanty towns in Brazil. it's used as a derogatory term

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Very entertaining game so far! Any other good matches from Malmö, I've been away the whole weekend so I've missed it all.