Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Random Stranger posted:

Well, at least it could figure out the water.

PaulBearer posted:

It IS a man (in a rubber suit).

But he's not sitting!

(I gave it two stars for actually getting a detail correct and kind of recognizing a shape.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Shameful, just shameful. It's obviously three giraffes.

Shameful giraffe.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Snapchat A Titty posted:

No that was another goon. Microwaves mom is his actual mom.

There was stepmom guy whose name i forgot with the "casual" "funny" mirror shots of him and his stepmom. I think eventually he was encouraged/discouraged enough to declare his love to her and she completely disowned him.

... He thought he would try to bang his father's wife. Holy poo poo, that is peak AUG.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

whiteyfats posted:

... He thought he would try to bang his father's wife. Holy poo poo, that is peak AUG.

Sigmund Freud introduced the concept in his Interpretation of Dreams (1899) posted:

Oedipus complex, in psychoanalytic theory, a desire for sexual involvement with the parent of the opposite sex and a concomitant sense of rivalry with the parent of the same sex; a crucial stage in the normal developmental process.

Not an uncommon thing.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

whiteyfats posted:

If I'm remembering the right story his father and her had already divorced. The goon wasn't on speaking terms with either of his biological parents and she had let him stay with her for a while.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

If I'm remembering the right story his father and her had already divorced. The goon wasn't on speaking terms with either of his biological parents and she had let him stay with her for a while.

Are there any pics of his former stepmom?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

beato posted:

I'm not really confident but I think it's a stool sample. The customer seems ☹.

I just want to make the observation that this here is a good post.

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006

whiteyfats posted:

And the creepy fucks pop right out of the woodwork...

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tyrelhill posted:

And the creepy fucks pop right out of the woodwork...

Oh, well.
Can't please everybody.

canis minor
May 4, 2011

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Now do your av.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I vaguely remember seeing this unfold years ago. Didn't he find nudes of her after using on her computer?

mastergeebo
Sep 26, 2004

Via con Dios, el Dingo

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

So close!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2Eg_B5a_lk

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

I gotta say, this is not the spreading butthole picture I expected

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I only fap at Nordstroms thank you very much

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only

RFC2324 posted:

Not an uncommon thing.

Freud is taught out of historical interest rather than being contemporary psychology theory. Psychologists don't believe everyone wants to bang their parents.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

Edison was a dick posted:

Freud is taught out of historical interest rather than being contemporary psychology theory. Psychologists don't believe everyone wants to bang their parents.

As someone who actually went through a psych program and has everafter had to deal with idiots who think they know everything because they took a 101 class, they really need to take Freud out of 101 and relegate it (and the other batshit but historically relevant stuff, hello Jung) to a 300-level class called like, history and foundations of psychology. Even make it required, I don't care.
But if one more 19yo freshman tries to talk to me about Freud, I'm going to throatpunch them.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

And yet I just had teacher the other day go on for about ten minutes about how accurate Freud is. He teaches an arts course, and his talk wasn't couched in "this is all bullshit but it was incredibly influential on artists". I think I got eyestrain from :rolleyes:-ing so hard.

First results when searching for "funny picture" in google and bing:

Google:

Bing:

I think from this we can conclude that internet search engines have no sense of humor.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Random Stranger posted:

And yet I just had teacher the other day go on for about ten minutes about how accurate Freud is. He teaches an arts course, and his talk wasn't couched in "this is all bullshit but it was incredibly influential on artists". I think I got eyestrain from :rolleyes:-ing so hard.

First results when searching for "funny picture" in google and bing:

Google:

Bing:

I think from this we can conclude that internet search engines have no sense of humor.

Yahoo is a little better, though I'm not splitting my sides with laughter right here:

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Random Stranger posted:

The best part is that Freud won exactly one prize in his life: The Goethe Prize. It's usually reserved for authors.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Next you are going to tell me some bullshit about how he was coked out of his mind all the time, and was trying to justify his own warped brain as normal or something.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

RFC2324 posted:

Next you are going to tell me some bullshit about how he was coked out of his mind all the time, and was trying to justify his own warped brain as normal or something.

Apparently he actually quit cold pretty quick once he found out it was bad for you. At least that's what we learned in one of my classes.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Random Stranger posted:

Freud and Jung are basically only of interest to the arts, now. People still like studying and talking about them because their theories seem like they should be right. They just fit perfectly into story structure, so they're really useful for writing. Unfortunately, that means there are people who still buy into all of it as fact.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Some of the things Jung said about archetypes are pretty valuable in studying literature.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Len posted:

Apparently he actually quit cold pretty quick once he found out it was bad for you. At least that's what we learned in one of my classes.

lol did they also tell you he quit smoking cigars when they told him cigar smoking caused his lip cancer?

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Freud was raised by a wet nurse until about the age of six. Therefore, when he saw his mom, his brain didn't go "Hey, this is your mom, you shouldn't find her sexy." And he generalized from his own messed-up experience to other peoples' more normal experiences.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I just have to point out that Oedipus Complex isn't actually about banging you mom. Its about proving you are better than your dad by banging his wife like he never could.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Hey motherfuckers, I'd love to see some funny pics in this here thread.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Stare-Out posted:

Turn your monitor off for a good laugh

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

im pooping! posted:

lol did they also tell you he quit smoking cigars when they told him cigar smoking caused his lip cancer?

Nope my learning told me that he was able to quit cocaine but unable/refused to stop cigars.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

whiteyfats posted:

Try the goon photo thread in GBS.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

RFC2324 posted:

I just have to point out that Oedipus Complex isn't actually about banging you mom. Its about proving you are better than your dad by banging his wife like he never could.

Yeah yeah, and the civil war isn't about slaves, it's about states rights to own slaves.

It's about banging your mom, with a extra step of 'legitimacy' thrown in.

You sick gently caress.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Stare-Out posted:

Lots of complaining, no contribution to the cause?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Bombadilillo posted:

Yeah yeah, and the civil war isn't about slaves, it's about states rights to own slaves.

I had this exact same debate with someone at work last week. Every other response was just "holy poo poo you're actually serious."

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

kizudarake posted:

Lots of complaining, no contribution to the cause?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Stare-Out posted:

• Locked thread