Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Gutcruncher posted:

No he didnt. He wanted Disney to give him the rights because they werent using them at the moment so hey why not?

Abandonware is a hell of a drug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

wyoming posted:

His soundcloud is still up. :allears:

Wasn't that the guy that wanted to make a movie theater and buy the rights to Tiny Toons?

no, he was the guy who women adored, as he's good-luvin added value,

and the guy who started the Ultraman sleep schedule for added productivity, and fell asleep for 4 hours in the toilet at hes minimum wage job

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Renfield posted:

no, he was the guy who women adored, as he's good-luvin added value,

and the guy who started the Ultraman sleep schedule for added productivity, and fell asleep for 4 hours in the toilet at hes minimum wage job

No no no

dank is living in storage

atlas added value to women and slept in the handicapped stall and changed his name, moved to Canada, and is currently immortal or something

logansryche wanted the movie theater

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Through the magic of bitcoins I will invent a movie theater that will allow you to watch every movie ever created. Dont ask me how I could possibly get away with this, just trust that itll happen.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
i thought Dank was Atlas... but then it makes my mind hurt to keep track of this

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Adix posted:

No no no

dank is living in storage

atlas added value to women and slept in the handicapped stall and changed his name, moved to Canada, and is currently immortal or something

logansryche wanted the movie theater

Please, for your own sake, get the hell out of here

Go buy a dog and throw frisbees in a park in the sun

It doesn't need to be like this

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Gutcruncher posted:

Through the magic of bitcoins I will invent a movie theater that will allow you to watch every movie ever created. Dont ask me how I could possibly get away with this, just trust that itll happen.

You just buy a classroom projector and a few 2TB hard drives duh

Underwear
May 13, 2006

The Bible posted:

Excuse me, you also need at least 15 flavors of soda.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

The Bible posted:

Which you buy through smelting silver in an unsafe manner.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

wayne curr posted:

It's funny how quickly everyone lost interest in Bitcoin once the difficulty went up, and you could no longer just mine them with your PCs graphics card.

Did any of those big scale GPU mining ops walk away with profit? Or did they all hang on long enough to just break even or lose money?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Shaocaholica posted:

Did any of those big scale GPU mining ops walk away with profit? Or did they all hang on long enough to just break even or lose money?

Hard to say but most of them likely lost whatever hypothetical profits they could have made in one scam or another. Back during the days of GPU mining it was notoriously difficult to extract real dollars from bitcoin, and not just hypothetical "Mt Gox price * number of bitcoins that I keep in Mt Gox" dollars. I'm sure some of the people building absurd GPU mining rigs walked away with some realized profit, but some large fraction of them probably turned around and sank those profits into unprofitable ASIC mining

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
According to CNBC, the 'smart' people didn't get caught in the Panama Papers because they parked their money in bitcoins instead. Checkmate, regular money-havers.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/04/13/did-smart-people-avoid-the-panama-papers.html

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

more like bitchcoin. has anyone made this joke yet???

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

TheQuietWilds posted:

According to CNBC, the 'smart' people didn't get caught in the Panama Papers because they parked their money in bitcoins instead. Checkmate, regular money-havers.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/04/13/did-smart-people-avoid-the-panama-papers.html

Now they just need to meet 30,000 Fedora wearing Captains of Industry around the back of Denny's to launder that poo poo.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Maldoror posted:

Use tor browser

Go to site selling all kinds of cool weed and acid and other drugs

Add to cart

Pay

Bitcoins?

Need to install bitcoin, then go to exchange and exchange cash for bitcoin.

The bitcoin install needs 20 gigs because it works by storing every transaction ever made on every client.

This is a lot of work for my weed I added to my web cart. But I guess it's better than getting killed buying from a dealer in the hood?

Curse you, weed!

Lol if you seriously don't have a good source for weed and have to buy it online

seriously it's probably the easiest of the illicit substances to get

Not to mention wouldn't shipping pot through the mail be one of the easier ways to get caught?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
These cosbycoins are making me sleepy.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

My Linux Rig posted:

Lol if you seriously don't have a good source for weed and have to buy it online

seriously it's probably the easiest of the illicit substances to get

Not to mention wouldn't shipping pot through the mail be one of the easier ways to get caught?

speak for yourself man some of us have just moved to another state :( not that i am dumb enough to go the bitcoin route but I can see the appeal for sure

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Why didn't you move to a state with legal weed

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

cuz most of them are hella far from anyone I know

i got family here just not a ganja hookup

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Cojawfee posted:

These cosbycoins are making me sleepy.

:pusheen:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Ryoshi posted:

speak for yourself man some of us have just moved to another state :( not that i am dumb enough to go the bitcoin route but I can see the appeal for sure

Order some pizza; the delivery guys are the people you want to see.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
Is there a state where you can't just like ask around a college bar for 20 minutes if you want weed?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

reignofevil posted:

Order some pizza; the delivery guys are the people you want to see.

idk man I ordered Chinese the other day and the dude delivered it in a goddamn suit, the suburbs can be really weird

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Razorwired posted:

Is there a state where you can't just like ask around a college bar for 20 minutes if you want weed?

What if you look like a narc?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Ryoshi posted:

idk man I ordered Chinese the other day and the dude delivered it in a goddamn suit, the suburbs can be really weird

clearly he was a triad and could have hooked you up with whatever you wanted in wholesale quantities.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Just had a quick look and logansryche is still trying to get "investors" for lovely projects and still running a guitar pick shop on Etsy.

His weird life seems to have gotten even weirder.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Razorwired posted:

but that doesnt use the blockchain

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Ryoshi posted:

Yeah except shipping pot to a drop location that goes through a shipping hub might be a bit risky? Only thing I can think of that's riskier is trying to smuggle it through an airport.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Bitcointy puts coins at 400 or so USD per butt coin how is that even possible

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Zefiel posted:

Bitcointy puts coins at 400 or so USD per butt coin how is that even possible

http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/volumepie/
Market manipulation by the Chinese.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

wayne curr posted:

It's funny how quickly everyone lost interest in Bitcoin once the difficulty went up, and you could no longer just mine them with your PCs graphics card.

Bitcoin was certainly much more viscerally amusing back when it meant someone was building a monstrosity in their garage that the layperson would call a fire hazard. Now, we have to glean our chuckles from the abstract concept that everyone involved is doing something stupid that will cost them every penny they've spent, like reading a news story about gambling addictions. No one has gotten brain damage from their investment in cloud mining.

:sigh:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Wulfolme posted:

Bitcoin was certainly much more viscerally amusing back when it meant someone was building a monstrosity in their garage that the layperson would call a fire hazard. Now, we have to glean our chuckles from the abstract concept that everyone involved is doing something stupid that will cost them every penny they've spent, like reading a news story about gambling addictions. No one has gotten brain damage from their investment in cloud mining.

Just wait for the halvening where bitcoin will hold one hand on its mouth and the other will cup its rear end and see which one fills up faster.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
So are any of the other coins taking off in the shadow of BC problems?

Zeond
Oct 16, 2008

Please give generously to The League for Fighting Chartered Accountancy, 55 Lincoln House, Basil Street, London, SW3.

Wulfolme posted:

There are still fires and they're larger than ever as bitcoin mining continues to centralize.

Images from a fire in Thailand in late 2014. The fire caused a noticeable drop in the hashrate.

Zeond fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Apr 18, 2016

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Lolie posted:

Just had a quick look and logansryche is still trying to get "investors" for lovely projects and still running a guitar pick shop on Etsy.

His weird life seems to have gotten even weirder.

Way to not mention his nearly 1200 posts on a forum dedicated to the ins and outs of the scrap metal recycling business :rolleyes: .

But yeah, logansryche has always been my favorite Bitcoin personality, because he's basically Gil from "The Simpsons", if Gil was a Talespin-obsessed Bitcoin enthusiast.

EDIT: And apparently his scrap metal recycling business is / was also based around cyber-hustling for thousands of dollars to get his half-baked business plans off the ground.

Kthulhu5000 fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Apr 18, 2016

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Kthulhu5000 posted:

Way to not mention his nearly 1200 posts on a forum dedicated to the ins and outs of the scrap metal recycling business :rolleyes: .

But yeah, logansryche has always been my favorite Bitcoin personality, because he's basically Gil from "The Simpsons", if Gil was a Talespin-obsessed Bitcoin enthusiast.

The internet hasn't totally destroyed my empathy, apparently, because I just feel bad for him and even worse for his wife.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Shaocaholica posted:

So are any of the other coins taking off in the shadow of BC problems?

Ethereum is trying to use this to their benefit, in between calls to action on Reddit to mess with the Wikipedia article.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Zeond posted:

There are still fires and they're larger than ever as bitcoin mining continues to centralize.
:munch:

quote:

Images from a fire in Thailand in late 2014. The fire caused a noticeable drop in the hashrate.
:captainpop:

quote:

:vince:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

BuckarooBanzai posted:

The internet hasn't totally destroyed my empathy, apparently, because I just feel bad for him and even worse for his wife.

If she hasn't divorced him at this point she deserves it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

EorayMel posted:

Just wait for the halvening where bitcoin will hold one hand on its mouth and the other will cup its rear end and see which one fills up faster.

http://www.bitcoinblockhalf.com/
The last time the block mining reward was halved, was back on November 28 2012
Bitcoins where only worth around $10 each at the time.

• Locked thread