Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

MedicineHut posted:

Do you really think they are so stupid as to think or hope to derail something like that Ben crap here? I mean, sure, they can try to derail in reddit or gaming press sites eventually. But here?

Well we're not talking about it now are we?
Seems to me they have us all figured out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

MedicineHut posted:

Do you really think they are so stupid as to think or hope to derail something like that Ben crap here? I mean, sure, they can try to derail in reddit or gaming press sites eventually. But here? That would really be next level stupid.

The juggernaut that is SA cannot be stopped, but it can be slowed.

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013

STIMSIS posted:

Derek Smart said he's gonna burn all the shitizens jpegs to the ground, but it looks like he's burned himself down first.

Derek UPDATE THE OP!!! You haven't done so since 04/04/16 which is 13 days ago and that's not good. There's been an entire event known as Ben-Ghazi that should be included. I want to hear Derek's take on racism, on sexism. It would be fascinating to hear.

Moved to [Concern] forum.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

MedicineHut posted:

Do you really think they are so stupid as to think or hope to derail something like that Ben crap here? I mean, sure, they can try to derail in reddit or gaming press sites eventually. But here? That would really be next level stupid.

I dunno if it's true, but with all I've seen I do know never to underestimate the collective stupidity of CIG.

On that note, Ben's disgusting.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

peter gabriel posted:

someone somewhere is asking if they can use the stimsis account to call someone at cig a dick, someone else is now deciding who they can call a dick, and they have narrowed it down to lando or money

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ponzi posted:

Exactly correct IMO. I already have STIMSIS on ignore, but that doesn't protect me when he/she is quoted.

As long as the shitpost/ben-is-poo poo ratio is ok we'll be fine.

I mean, I don't think there has ever been a fatter, juicier target for goon action than Ben loving Lesnick, unrepentant imbecile.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

Well we're not talking about it now are we?
Seems to me they have us all figured out

I think it's more we're waiting to see how hard CIG doubles down this coming week.

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013
Maybe it is Alexis...

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I haven't spoken with my parents since October just to spite him

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

BadOptics posted:

I think it's more we're waiting to see how hard CIG doubles down this coming week.

The plan is to ignore the issue entirely. The assumption is that attention will turn to nitpicking Monday's Christmas miracle.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

MedicineHut posted:

In fact, yes. For whatever reason they don't have a very high opinion of us

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Scruffpuff posted:

The plan is to ignore the issue entirely. The assumption is that attention will turn to nitpicking Monday's Christmas miracle.

Okay Jared

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

MedicineHut posted:

Imagine the man-hours going into this damage control, the meetings, the salt, the lost sleep - and much of it on backer time.

Life on the streets, boys.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Scruffpuff posted:

A part of me will be glad to leave Ben-Ghazi behind

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Scruffpuff posted:

Well, they better cancel their Friday show because it's going to have the most viewers ever.

I wonder when will they announce the winners of the "Big Benny" thing.

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

MedicineHut posted:

I don't, but I do think that they hope to drown out the posts about Ben-Ghazi amongst those that respond to those made by STIMSIS.

On those occasions when not much is happening SC-wise, there's no point in posting because there's nothing that needs to be to drowned out, and it's better to not draw attention to the shill account by not posting anything, but when there's something that CIG really want to be harder to find for anyone trawling the thread, attempting to derail the discussion makes it worth the risk of burning a shill account.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
It's all fun and games when it's about idiots crying about spaceships but Ben's disgusting perversions are a stretch goal I could have done without

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Scruffpuff posted:

I think that short of a media outlet picking it up, they'll just bury their heads in the sand. That it will all come to prominence again come the inevitable collapse and lawsuits/criminal charges is beside the point now. Gotta keep the money train rolling.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Scruffpuff posted:

That is what I would do. Hence my opinion a few posts earlier that only if gaming press runs with this there is a chance at actual damage.

There is also that myhtical whale inner circle that allegedly is putting some pressure on CIG to loving deliver. If there is still some shred of integrity in those then that can also help.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

It's all fun and games when it's about idiots crying about spaceships but Ben's disgusting perversions are a stretch goal I could have done without

with ben it's a streeeeeeeeeeetch goal

you know, like when he has to reach the pizza box, or wear pants

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

STIMSIS posted:

Derek Smart removed LOD from Steam because he can't take the trolling but this is the guy goons are looking to lead their troll fight against Star Citizen? Ha!

Come on, Derek Smart trolls a video game but then removes his game so it won't be trolled. Derek Smart hangs out with a known racist and sexist jerk-wagon, but then has the audacity to call out Ben Lesnick for racism and sexism.

Derek Smart said he's gonna burn all the shitizens jpegs to the ground, but it looks like he's burned himself down first.

Derek UPDATE THE OP!!! You haven't done so since 04/04/16 which is 13 days ago and that's not good. There's been an entire event known as Ben-Ghazi that should be included. I want to hear Derek's take on racism, on sexism. It would be fascinating to hear.

I promised myself I wasn't going to respond to you, but that was too lame to let pass.

Look, it's not trolling if it is true. CIG at best is an incompetently managed company with a game that will never, no, CAN never be as promised as the scope creep is cosmic in scale. At worse, CIG is a machine for separating damaged people from their cash.

Either way, it hires people of really dubious background.

So, yeah, I covered both angles.

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

Star Citizen is the best $0 I've ever spent on entertainment.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Why haven't we done a timeline of the CIG disasters with relevant links?

We have so many just since December. Chris's live stream, Star Marine, ChairGate, TracerGate, BenGhazi

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I did it. Dump all your Ben dirt here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3772600

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

We have so many just since December. Chris's live stream, Star Marine, ChairGate, TracerGate, BenGhazi

You're right!

Somebody should update the OP.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

We have

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

sunaurus posted:

I just want to remind everybody about this:

I guess 2.2 hasn't arrived yet, huh?

Hey man, THERE IS SLIDING IN 2.3, stop slandering. Here is proof.

paaarp

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

I can't even calculate the cost per hour of Star Citizen-related entertainment I've received because it would be a divide-by-zero error, like much of Star Citizen's code I imagine.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Jon Do posted:

with ben it's a streeeeeeeeeeetch goal

you know, like when he has to reach the pizza box, or wear pants

or get off the couch

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

So, what's the fastest way to register new accounts for Twitch chat? Asking for friends that will be sharing my IP next week during Reheat the Hearse.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

STIMSIS posted:

LIAR!!! It wasn't a stream, it was a WEBINAR!!! And how can it be watched now, if at the time you said that wasn't possible.

Your words sir,

No. One was a standard discussion, the other was a webinar for his students.

I already posted both links.

Both were streamed. Doh

I have a local save of both.

You're retarded.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

X-Ultron posted:

Star Citizen is the best $0 I've ever spent on entertainment.

This. I have mixed feelings due to how dark yesterday was, but this.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

X-Ultron posted:

I can't even calculate the cost per hour of Star Citizen-related entertainment I've received because it would be a divide-by-zero error, like much of Star Citizen's code I imagine.

That's not how divide by zero works

sry autism flaring up

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

done and done

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

stimsis is another colourful thread in the ever expanding tapestry of hilarity that is Star Citizen, as are we all

:holymoley:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

ill entertain the idea that cig uses burner accounts to bury controversial topics here for a sec: lmao at validating the thought that a single thread in a sub forum of a comedy website has enough impact on a 110m company that they dedicate backer funds to it.

there's no angle where we lose here, because they just constantly own themselves. that's what i call funny.

Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015

Scruffpuff posted:

CIG has a number of accounts here, all registered in the past few months, that they rotate among certain staff members for monitoring purposes. Whenever something really bad gets uncovered here, CIG determines whether or not to burn one of those accounts to attempt to derail the thread. Most things, like DonutGate, are handled internally (editing the video, tossing in a backhanded reference on the next stream, etc.) Some things, like Ben-Ghazi, in their minds require a derail. The rules about what is and is not allowed to be posted are very specific.

Allowed: personal attacks on Derek Smart, general proclamations against CIG approved for purposes of "fitting in" i.e. "SC is a scam, there are problems with management, I don't like space games, I wouldn't give them a dime" etc.
Disallowed: personal attacks on Chris or Sandi, focus on specific acts of mismanagement by CIG (fraudulent refund denials, closing accounts with a $15 extortion fee)

They don't like to burn the accounts because the newly registered ones will have a more recent date, and lose some credibility during a derail. Posts have to be approved, and so on. It's a bit of a pain in the rear end, so you can see just how seriously they take it that they chose to burn one on this topic. Ben was always an embarrassment to CIG, but this takes it to a whole new level.

Touche. You got me.

Seriously though, attempting to derail this thread is kinda a waste of time. For once this thread derails itself without anyone at CIG moving a finger because we are all shitposters. And second, as soon as CIG fucks up next time - which happens like a Swiss clockwork - the thread will be back on track anyway. The only thing they could do to shut this down for good would be to stop screwing up at every turn.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Nellistos posted:

I am starting to believe that STIMSIS is more worried about breitbart news catching up with the story,
bonus points if Derek updates the OP with benghazi quotes and opinions, so cig has content to stir and work with.

wtf happened on 27th Feb, seems that most shills regged on that day

gently caress yeah :smuggo:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Scruffpuff posted:

CIG has a number of accounts here, all registered in the past few months, that they rotate among certain staff members for monitoring purposes. Whenever something really bad gets uncovered here, CIG determines whether or not to burn one of those accounts to attempt to derail the thread. Most things, like DonutGate, are handled internally (editing the video, tossing in a backhanded reference on the next stream, etc.) Some things, like Ben-Ghazi, in their minds require a derail. The rules about what is and is not allowed to be posted are very specific.

Allowed: personal attacks on Derek Smart, general proclamations against CIG approved for purposes of "fitting in" i.e. "SC is a scam, there are problems with management, I don't like space games, I wouldn't give them a dime" etc.
Disallowed: personal attacks on Chris or Sandi, focus on specific acts of mismanagement by CIG (fraudulent refund denials, closing accounts with a $15 extortion fee)

They don't like to burn the accounts because the newly registered ones will have a more recent date, and lose some credibility during a derail. Posts have to be approved, and so on. It's a bit of a pain in the rear end, so you can see just how seriously they take it that they chose to burn one on this topic. Ben was always an embarrassment to CIG, but this takes it to a whole new level.

Unless you are CIG staff|contractor, there is no way in hell that you would know just how close to the truth that is.

Just 15 mins ago, I was on a Skype call with a very good source who says that word is they won't address it unless the media picks it up. But that some are saying they should address it via a forum post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Ezekeel posted:

Touche. You got me.

Seriously though, attempting to derail this thread is kinda a waste of time. For once this thread derails itself without anyone at CIG moving a finger because we are all shitposters. And second, as soon as CIG fucks up next time - which happens like a Swiss clockwork - the thread will be back on track anyway. The only thing they could do to shut this down for good would be to stop screwing up at every turn.

You're right. Here's the thing, though. WE know it's a waste of time. But we aren't calling these shots. The instructions from on high are all about playing the Internet Popularity Contest. And, like Amy's Baking Company, they don't understand that it's a game where even if you win, you lose.

• Locked thread