Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Scruffpuff posted:

You're right. Here's the thing, though. WE know it's a waste of time. But we aren't calling these shots. The instructions from on high are all about playing the Internet Popularity Contest. And, like Amy's Baking Company, they don't understand that it's a game where even if you win, you lose.
Except for... all the money.

JainDoh fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Apr 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Someone asked for a Ben Lesnick bot the other day. Well here it is...

:frogsiren: http://robo-roberts.appspot.com/ben :frogsiren:

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Scruffpuff posted:

Please keep in mind that STIMSIS's job this weekend is to derail the Ben-Ghazi discussion while CIG musters a defense. I wouldn't call his attempts successful per se, but I must say I'm surprised it made the dent it did. His sudden appearance and laser-like focus on a very strange and specific topic is proof positive that we hit CIG's central nervous system - let's keep up the acupressure.

it was actually a really effective job because it looked to me like a malcontent redditor doing his best impression of 'one of those SJWs' with the overwrought language and splitting tendencies. But it probably was a calculated effort by some kind of brand management operation.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Scruffpuff posted:

You're right. Here's the thing, though. WE know it's a waste of time. But we aren't calling these shots. The instructions from on high are all about playing the Internet Popularity Contest. And, like Amy's Baking Company, they don't understand that it's a game where even if you win, you lose.

why did you make such an in depth post about some weird cig theory? who are you?

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Stay safe, insider ghost.

Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015

Scruffpuff posted:

'Sorry guys. I know you are currently working hard on fixing the engine, but Sandi's orders are clear that it is all hands on deck on derailing that Goon thread.'

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

e:gently caress twitter embed

Tijuana Bibliophile fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Apr 17, 2016

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

ROFL.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Scruffpuff posted:

That's what makes the humour endless. Until CIG closes doors, and possibly long after, the Internet PR shitshow will continue.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

BMan posted:

Did you ever know that you're my heeeeroooo~

e: I do not have twitch throwaway accounts :effort: but I assume this website can be stripped into single quotes for IRC bots?

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

I had a dream that I was giving a speech in speech class and I ended up saying something really racist, and then to cover for it I claimed it was because I secretly wished I was black. I really shouldn't do any public speaking ever. #21,601

Agreed, Ben.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rest in peace Lando. You never saw the bus coming.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Tippis posted:

Also, what kind of nematode-brained troglodyte doesn't deinterlace pre-HD TV captures?

Fidelity

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

I'm enjoying stimpsis contributions. He started out trying to distract from Lesnick by banging on about Derek associating with some crazy dude, then when that didn't work moved on to a bizarre campaign to "free the OP" and get goons credit for dumb photoshops. It's funny watching him get tied in knots with increasingly lame attempts at controlling the message. Perhaps this was the brainchild of the same person who told Lesnick to mention something awful as an inspiration for his batshit quotations.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i would like someone to feed ben's blog & forum posts to a markov bot

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lmao, they bought me an av and then before I even noticed it was changed to this one

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Eonwe posted:

i would like someone to feed ben's blog & forum posts to a markov bot

Look at your cool new avatar

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

BMan posted:

Let's post generated poo poo without the numbers to avoid confusion.

If you want to come back on a woman. They were different fun, so I'm going to do with the future with some reason and a well live in France

Hehehehe, the book of LOAF is a lot like Privateer 2 and we've brought in a fight and he should do an ace-1...

Chris Roberts had a really good life to make a part of the computer candy.

I've got the biggest person, but it should be a holy silly fault...

There are no line to prevent a few of the hotel problems. The premiere would get named White Sector.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

alphabettitouretti posted:

I'm enjoying stimpsis contributions. He started out trying to distract from Lesnick by banging on about Derek associating with some crazy dude, then when that didn't work moved on to a bizarre campaign to "free the OP" and get goons credit for dumb photoshops. It's funny watching him get tied in knots with increasingly lame attempts at controlling the message. Perhaps this was the brainchild of the same person who told Lesnick to mention something awful as an inspiration for his batshit quotations.

:same:

Hey STIMSIS,

:gary:

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Eonwe posted:

lmao, they bought me an av and then before I even noticed it was changed to this one

does the elephant rotate faster each time?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jason Sextro posted:

it did on this one, but not normally

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

STIMSIS posted:

Here ya go

Yeah, a real pity I had to click through Stormfront to see that link.

Oh, wait, I didn't. That link said nothing about Derek's race or anything other than BC3K and Star Citizen. So, yeah, that's no proof of racism.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Jason Sextro posted:

it was actually a really effective job because it looked to me like a malcontent redditor doing his best impression of 'one of those SJWs' with the overwrought language and splitting tendencies. But it probably was a calculated effort by some kind of brand management operation.

Thats the thing, it is brand management.

CiG employees dont have the tact or skills to derail this thread. Look at how Stimsis posts. Its all very calculated. Im sad that i was asleep for his stupidity because the first post i read from him when i woke up screamed "Expert Brand Management Agent" to me.

The person on that account is intelligent and is most likely being paid quite a bit of money. And here we are, less than 9 hours later, and were back to Ben-Ghazi.

Well done CiG. You hired a pro who barely dented the overall conversation. This is what your dealing with CiG. Goons are retarded smart. We can out-retard and out-smart anything you throw at us. Have a good day Sandi :) Also, Ben is a better actor than you are and hes a steaming pile of poo poo and a pedo.

Heres another tip: There are several companies you could have hired that have people with really old goon accounts, just an FYI. You guys chose poorly.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Jason Sextro posted:

The speed triples every av

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
to anyone reading this thread, I am open to being paid money to post on message boards and derail topics

its kind of my thing, you'd be getting great value by hiring me

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

TheLastRoboKy posted:

My local Coles has a little section full of foods imported from the UK and for some reason Dr Pepper is there in small cans right next to the IRN-BRU.

I really, really, really want to try IRN-BRU. My Scot genes are demanding it of me.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if you really wanted to derail this thread you'd start posting cats and recipes

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Eonwe posted:

to anyone reading this thread, I am open to being paid money to post on message boards and derail topics

Never thought I'd see the pink elephant sell out! You're, like...Donald Trump!

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Scruffpuff posted:

Please keep in mind that STIMSIS's job this weekend is to derail the Ben-Ghazi discussion while CIG musters a defense. I wouldn't call his attempts successful per se, but I must say I'm surprised it made the dent it did. His sudden appearance and laser-like focus on a very strange and specific topic is proof positive that we hit CIG's central nervous system - let's keep up the acupressure.

This is why I spent a happy morning replying to as many of their posts as I could with either a quote from Ben or a picture of Kerry lee from his gallery, as did turd burglar I think, it's the best way to shut that poo poo down

Go-Gurt For Dinner
Jul 8, 2013

Samizdata posted:

I really, really, really want to try IRN-BRU. My Scot genes are demanding it of me.

Was going to bring this up during soda chat. I'm guessing it's not available much outside the UK?

Truly the nectar of the gods.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

cocaine dad show posted:

This is why I spent a happy morning replying to as many of their posts as I could with either a quote from Ben or a picture of Kerry lee from his gallery, as did turd burglar I think, it's the best way to shut that poo poo down

I noticed that - it was a thing of beauty, and exactly the right approach.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Eonwe posted:

we can all vouch for him

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

D_Smart posted:

Since people are saying Goons are photoshopping; if you guys are going to post these, you need to also include the original links

They have in previous posts. I don't remember the post (because, yeah, big surprise), but I clicked through and saw it myself.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CrazyLoon posted:

Never thought I'd see the pink elephant sell out! You're, like...Donald Trump!

id only sell out for money

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
Stimsis is so bad at derailing that you're all talking about him. Hope he doesn't kill himself.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

D_Smart posted:

Unless you are CIG staff|contractor, there is no way in hell that you would know just how close to the truth that is.

Just 15 mins ago, I was on a Skype call with a very good source who says that word is they won't address it unless the media picks it up. But that some are saying they should address it via a forum post.

So if they sweep it under the rug do you think it will hasten some departures with anyone sitting on the fence? Has the memory hole treatment already started to make waves with the staff in the trenches? I know if I were working for a company getting paid poo poo wages under high stress for lovely people I probably would lose it at them protecting some reprehensible toady that has a website full of pedo "jokes".

BadOptics fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Apr 17, 2016

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Google Butt posted:

The speed triples every av

it will soon reach sickening and heartbreaking speed, the worst kind of velocity

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

MedicineHut posted:

Do you really think they are so stupid as to think or hope to derail something like that Ben crap here?

If this was another company, no. This is CIG, so absolutely yes.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

D_Smart posted:

Since people are saying Goons are photoshopping; if you guys are going to post these, you need to also include the original links

The correct term is "Ryan Archering"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

grimcreaper posted:

The correct term is "Ryan Archering"
Nah. If it were Ryan Archering, posting the original links would be redundant.

• Locked thread