Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
Presumably they just wanted to be able to say they had more power armor, since power armor is what's hip with the kids these days.

Personally I'd be fine with even just one or two different variants of power armor, so long as they have more differences than 'this one has more DT and this one has less.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I prefer to pretend that each game is an entirely separate continuity and any commonality with other games is purely coincidental.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

T-60 as a brotherhood-developed iteration on T-45 would make a lot of sense, considering they apparently had a shitload of T-45 sitting around in the Citadel. But nope, :bethesda:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Gonkish posted:

T-60 as a brotherhood-developed iteration on T-45 would make a lot of sense, considering they apparently had a shitload of T-45 sitting around in the Citadel. But nope, :bethesda:

T. Howard posted:

"...good comedy is a subversion of expectations; good writing should be a subversion of reason, the original expectation."

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Is that an actual quote or something you made up

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Wow, people forget about the legacy of Cream-Of-Plenty so soon.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

There, it's released!

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12072/

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Curious about why NMM was removed from da OP

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

I imagine the T-60 PA was modified at the frontline (extra plates etc) and the Enclave armour was designed for a praetorian presidential guard, and also to kill any survivors wearing power armour. The Enclave hid away a lot of tech that they never shared and probably designed more underground.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
So the guy that did that lore mod I mentioned did another mod that's up my alley, Proprietary Power Armor.

Basically makes it so you have to hunt down power armor instead of finding one around every corner, and looks like I'll actually have a use for Raider PA now.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

xutech posted:

I imagine the T-60 PA was modified at the frontline (extra plates etc) and the Enclave armour was designed for a praetorian presidential guard, and also to kill any survivors wearing power armour. The Enclave hid away a lot of tech that they never shared and probably designed more underground.

In my own head canon, the T-60 basically was just being tested and deployed in small numbers on the East Coast in the same Month the bombs dropped. Hence the fact we've never seen it until now and not outside the Commonwealth.

I still downloaded the mod though. What can I say, I like the idea of a vague attempt at making sense of things.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Relin posted:

Curious about why NMM was removed from da OP

It works, but not nearly as well as Mod Organizer 2.

It looks good, but you should look into doing a better metal texture, it seems off.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Just downloaded it and looked at the files -- your normal is good, though you could put the embossed text into the diffuse as well, but the biggest thing is it's missing a specular layer, which you could use to give it a shiny metal with matte rusty area effect.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LumberingTroll posted:

It works, but not nearly as well as Mod Organizer 2.

If you can run MO2 without CTDs, yeah. I use ReShade and it crashes for me, so I've resigned myself to using NMM.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Never had any problems with MO2, are you using Alpha 4?

also you can use any mods you like in survival beta, just ad an * in front of the esp/esm in the plugins.txt.

example:
code:
Fallout4.esm
DLCRobot.esm
DLCworkshop01.esm
*Binary Speech Checks V.4.esp
*Cel Respawn Timer  48.esp
*PilesofCorpses.esp
*NoAffinityCooldown.esp
*NoNegativeAffinityNoFucks.esp
*LootableWorkbenches.esp
*Companion Infinite Ammo.esp
*Unlimited Bounties.esp
*autoweapons.esp
*IncreasedSettlerPopulation50.esp
*NoObjectLimit-DLC.esp
*NoObjectLimit.esp
*Pip-Boy Flashlight.esp
*FO4Hotkeys.esp
*Campsite.esp
*SlowTime.esp
*InteriorsEnhanced.esp
*Console_Enable.esp
Still would rather they finalized the Survival and we can go back to normal usage...

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Apr 17, 2016

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LumberingTroll posted:

also you can use any mods you like in survival beta, just ad an * in front of the esp/esm in the plugins.txt.

example:
code:
Fallout4.esm
DLCRobot.esm
DLCworkshop01.esm
*PilesofCorpses.esp
*NoAffinityCooldown.esp
*LootableWorkbenches.esp
*Unlimited Bounties.esp
*autoweapons.esp
*NoObjectLimit-DLC.esp
*NoObjectLimit.esp
*Pip-Boy Flashlight.esp
*FO4Hotkeys.esp
*Campsite.esp
*SlowTime.esp
*InteriorsEnhanced.esp
*Console_Enable.esp
Still would rather they finalized the Survival and we can go back to normal usage...

I'm not using the Survival beta, and I did try it with Alpha 4. In fact, I've been trying every version of MO since the first alpha, and it does the same thing every time. It seems to be a known issue that it doesn't play nice with Reshade, seeing as how "remove ReShade" seems to be one of the first bugfinding steps.

I mean, if it was Skyrim, I'd agree that MO was better because it actually worked for me in Skyrim. But

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Dunno man, I dont use ReShades, most look like poo poo any way and just hurt performance in a game that already doesn't run the best. Continue using NMM, MO2 is still better. Also the stuff about survival was not directed to you, it was an aside for the thread.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LumberingTroll posted:

Dunno man, I dont use ReShades, most look like poo poo any way and just hurt performance in a game that already doesn't run the best. Continue using NMM, MO2 is still better. Also the stuff about survival was not directed to you, it was an aside for the thread.

I only use a bit of sharpening. It's the best way to work around shimmering grass without making the screen look like it's smeared with vaseline. Grass shimmering drives me nuts.

I would agree entirely that MO2 is still better, but drat if I'm going to go back to shimmering grass or blurry eyes for it.

Dootman
Jun 15, 2000

fishbulb
Mod Organizer 2 works fine for me with ReShade. Are you trying to launch something other than the FO4 executable with MO?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dootman posted:

Mod Organizer 2 works fine for me with ReShade. Are you trying to launch something other than the FO4 executable with MO?

Nope. I have to remove the Reshade files to stop it crashing, otherwise it crashes the second I try to load a game. It's done it for every version of MO.

I'd really love to be able to use it again, but I've run out my alpha testing patience. Do you do anything special to get it to run with Reshade?

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
Please change the thread title to "Fallout 4 Modding: Great GECKspectations"

Dootman
Jun 15, 2000

fishbulb

Midnight Voyager posted:

Nope. I have to remove the Reshade files to stop it crashing, otherwise it crashes the second I try to load a game. It's done it for every version of MO.

I'd really love to be able to use it again, but I've run out my alpha testing patience. Do you do anything special to get it to run with Reshade?

Nope, I just installed mod organizer, set up my mods, and It Just Works™.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

LumberingTroll posted:

example:
code:
Fallout4.esm
DLCRobot.esm
DLCworkshop01.esm
*PilesofCorpses.esp
*NoAffinityCooldown.esp
*LootableWorkbenches.esp
*Unlimited Bounties.esp
*autoweapons.esp
*NoObjectLimit-DLC.esp
*NoObjectLimit.esp
*Pip-Boy Flashlight.esp
*FO4Hotkeys.esp
*Campsite.esp
*SlowTime.esp
*InteriorsEnhanced.esp
*Console_Enable.esp

I'm at work so I don't have a link handy, but there's a file on the nexus that will automatically do this for all installed mods and excludes the main game and DLC files.

Very nice when you have 100 mods.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Nasgate posted:

I'm at work so I don't have a link handy, but there's a file on the nexus that will automatically do this for all installed mods and excludes the main game and DLC files.

yeah there is, I tested it, but the solution doesnt work with MO2.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nasgate posted:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12047/

Here ya go.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

LumberingTroll posted:

yeah there is, I tested it, but the solution doesnt work with MO2.

So what exactly is MO2 better about, bashing? Genuinely curious for once it gets out of alpha. (I have a policy of never using Alpha products, unless it's SRW)

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Nasgate posted:

So what exactly is MO2 better about, bashing? Genuinely curious for once it gets out of alpha. (I have a policy of never using Alpha products, unless it's SRW)

Mod Organizer uses the magic of file path virtualization to keep files from different mods separated. This makes it extremely simple to install new mods, uninstall old mods, rearrange load orders to resolve conflicts, etc.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

isndl posted:

Mod Organizer uses the magic of file path virtualization to keep files from different mods separated. This makes it extremely simple to install new mods, uninstall old mods, rearrange load orders to resolve conflicts, etc.

It also NEVER touches any of the vanilla files, and never put anything in them every, it even duplicates and redirects the ini files. Game not working well? Launch the game through steam without MO, if its working well there is something wrong with your mod loadout.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Took the plunge and tried out the survival beta, but I'm not able to load a save. I made a copy of ModOrg's plugins.txt so I can paste my list of asterisk'd mods every time I start, but the save either acts like no mods are checked or it just crashes on the loading screen the second the little randomized model appears on the right side.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
You cant load non survival saves in survival, you can down grade a survival to a lower difficulty but then cannot put it back up. Also mods are not officially supported yet, and any UI mod will cause crashes for sure, except the couple specifically made for survival.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

LumberingTroll posted:

You cant load non survival saves in survival, you can down grade a survival to a lower difficulty but then cannot put it back up. Also mods are not officially supported yet, and any UI mod will cause crashes for sure, except the couple specifically made for survival.

I should have specified, I was able to start a new game in survival mode with all these mods enabled. No UI mods, I just turn opacity opacity to zero in the game options to give me a clean screen.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Do you have the problem without the mods? Its probably a compatibility issue with a mod you are using. There will be almost no help for the use of mods until its out of beta, people arent even going to bother working on fixes until its released.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
On MO2 chat, I can't download NXM links with it for some reason, I have to download manually and install manually, kind of annoying. Is this a known issue with A4?

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Mr. Crow posted:

On MO2 chat, I can't download NXM links with it for some reason, I have to download manually and install manually, kind of annoying. Is this a known issue with A4?

In the settings there is a button to set it up to handle the links, its in the Nexus tab and says "assosicate with download manager links" if that still doenst work you probably have NMM installed and need to reinstall MO2A4

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
I've noticed in alpha 4 that I have to launch the program before clicking a Nexus download link. If I don't, it launches, loads up, and then immediately quits.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Thanks for the meat tenderizer feedback. I'll look into learning how to make specular maps. Guess I'll actually have to learn how to use GIMP after all.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Wrr posted:

Thanks for the meat tenderizer feedback. I'll look into learning how to make specular maps. Guess I'll actually have to learn how to use GIMP after all.

Haven't had the chance to look at it ingame. I'm saving up for a new computer and waiting until I finish uni before I start with the game properly. (Same with X-Com 2) Looking at the screenshots, though, it looks great but a little too clean for my taste. I might be totally wrong and it looks great in action, but maybe making it a bit more used/damaged would help. A little bit of wear and tear, like a chipped tooth (whatever you call it) or corner or whatever might help with that.

Just my two cents.

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
Unofficial Patch released: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4598/

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
"I have placed large, unexploded nuclear missiles around the map to explain why the environment is so pristine."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance

As usual there's at least one "fix" that's actually a stylistic choice by the modder.

• Locked thread