Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.

Pops Mgee posted:

It's really not any worse than The Force Awakens.

Perhaps its a case of a lovely name sounding good to me because it is an established title and an equally bad title sounds bad because its not a real title. If that makes an ounce of sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Pops Mgee posted:

It's really not any worse than The Force Awakens.

It's a little long. "Echoes of the Dark" gets the same thing across.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Star Wars Episode VIII: Now THIS Is Podracing!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Oh god I will be so happy if No, YOU'RE my father is a real thing.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

In a weird way that theory kinda explains why grizzled old hermit Luke has that, "gently caress you dad" look on his face when Rey's trying to hand him the lightsaber.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

computer parts posted:

It's a little long. "Echoes of the Dark" gets the same thing across.

Star Wars: Dark of the Force.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
There is no loving body switching.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

ImpAtom posted:

Star Wars: Dork of the Force.

Kylo focused film confirmed!

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
VIII: The Quest for Vader's Midichlorians

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Zeris posted:

How can anyone take that pastebin seriously holy gently caress

Because it's beautiful

"If you want to rescue her, I'm in.

But... I'm going to need a ride."

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Because it's beautiful

"If you want to rescue her, I'm in.

But... I'm going to need a ride."

The fact that doesn't result in Luke Skywalker riding a motorcycle through space is a sin.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

ImpAtom posted:

The fact that doesn't result in Luke Skywalker riding a motorcycle through space is a sin.

I too dream of a Lobo movie.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
JJ confirms that Rey's parents were not in TFA.

Hopefully that doesn't allow for a loophole of "well, Luke is her dad but her mom is new, so yes her parentS weren't in tfa"

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Hopefully that doesn't allow for a loophole of "well, Luke is her dad but her mom is new, so yes her parentS weren't in tfa"

He actually said "She didn't discover her parents in TFA".

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
This dude was really loving cute when it came to LOST so I wouldn't put any poo poo semantics past him.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

rear end Catchcum posted:

This dude was really loving cute when it came to LOST so I wouldn't put any poo poo semantics past him.

Absolutely. JJ Abrams talking about the same universe that gave us the "certain point of view" copout. We're never going to get a concrete, official answer as to Rey's parentage until Ep VIII, barring some crazy leak ala Hateful 8.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I dunno, guys.
"Rey's parents are not in Episode VII," Abrams said to the audience. "So I can't possibly at this moment tell you who they are."

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I am getting conflicting reports of what he said verbatim.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Here you go pals: http://makingstarwars.net/2016/04/reys-parents-arent-even-in-star-wars-the-force-awakens/

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
This is the same dude that said Cumberbatch wasn't Kahn, right?

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

I mean it would help with the whole 'You must be related to Luke or you can't play with the force' thing. It wouldn't be bad. As long as they weren't stupid enough to go with a love redeems thing with Kylo Ren.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

"What I meant was that she doesn't discover them in Episode VII. Not that they may not already be in her world"

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Sigh. The JJ really is such a jackass about these things.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I think it was a slip of the tongue. Guy talks pretty quickly, and "Rey's parents weren't revealed in Episode VII" would have worked fine.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Or he's just straight up loving lying like with the whole "Khan is not in Into Darkness" deal.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I can't believe I'm going to be right about her parents being Luke and Leia.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

KiteAuraan posted:

Or he's just straight up loving lying like with the whole "Khan is not in Into Darkness" deal.

It was Pegg who said that.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

He's not a jackass. Well, maybe he is, but I want to believe he isn't. I just think he wants films to be largely a surprise. And maybe sometimes likes to gently caress with you a little bit so that's possible.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Lol how is he a jackass. Not telling people what are essentially spoilers is the right play even if it's obvious and you have to lie.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Khan being the bad guy Into Darkness was bad, but most of the rest of Into Darkness was bad, too. I did like the forced transportation. That was cool.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Given the way LOST and Into Darkness turned out, I would not be surprised if JJ had no clue what happens in ST: VIII.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I don't think Abrams has a single writing or directing credit on Lost after the third-season premiere.

Dude likes his Mystery Box. So what?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Unless you're Devin Faraci, it shouldn't be a big deal.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
That leaked script is totally wrong (there are way too many things already absent/contradicted by other stuff) but feels plausible in broad strokes given how predictable movies like these are nowadays. I think its safe to say there'll be some sort of redemption plot for Ren, so expect that, for example.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008

Timby posted:

I don't think Abrams has a single writing or directing credit on Lost after the third-season premiere.

Dude likes his Mystery Box. So what?

He created the show bible.

He's a slippery gently caress.

Picklepuss
Jul 12, 2002

Neo Rasa posted:

I can't believe I'm going to be right about her parents being Luke and Leia.
Luke: "The Force is strong in my family. My father had it. I have it and... my sister has it. Our inbred daughter has that power too."
Rey: "I know. Somehow, I've always known."

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Mike N Eich posted:

That leaked script is totally wrong (there are way too many things already absent/contradicted by other stuff) but feels plausible in broad strokes given how predictable movies like these are nowadays. I think its safe to say there'll be some sort of redemption plot for Ren, so expect that, for example.

Maybe not redemption (at least in this movie), but I could definitely see him going off on his own.

Basically Kylo Ren is the broad strokes of Zuko from Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Descriptions of Luke and Rey's costumes in Episode VIII:

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/04/rey-luke-skywalkers-costume-descriptions-from-star-wars-episode-viii/

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006

Picklepuss posted:

Luke: "The Force is strong in my family. My father had it. I have it and... my sister has it. Our inbred daughter has that power too."
Rey: "I know. Somehow, I've always known."

*wags vestigial tail*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I like Star Trek: In to Darkness.

• Locked thread