Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Super Kaio-ken is beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Put on your 3D glasses now.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I have been watching Super for a while now because it's pretty funny, so this week was a real shock when the animation and action was good again for the first time. It felt like such a retro throwback.

Then again everything looks to be back to normal next week so I'm not sure what the hell happened. Maybe one of the old DBZ staff beat up whichever Toei executive told him he had to work exclusively on One Piece and Precure and then animated this episode before the cops came along to haul him off to jail?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

OnimaruXLR posted:

I have been watching Super for a while now because it's pretty funny, so this week was a real shock when the animation and action was good again for the first time. It felt like such a retro throwback.

Then again everything looks to be back to normal next week so I'm not sure what the hell happened. Maybe one of the old DBZ staff beat up whichever Toei executive told him he had to work exclusively on One Piece and Precure and then animated this episode before the cops came along to haul him off to jail?

lol if you think more than 1 person works on the one piece anime

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This episode was good.
I loved the Kaioken.

It'll probably be a red herring, I suppose, but the next ep preview does a good job of making me think that Hit might actually win. I do kind of want him to though.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Josuke Higashikata posted:

This episode was good.
I loved the Kaioken.

It'll probably be a red herring, I suppose, but the next ep preview does a good job of making me think that Hit might actually win. I do kind of want him to though.

I'd be pretty happy if that became the DBS "thing": gently caress you Saiyan, you lose. Probably not happening tho.

Super Kaioken made me so giddy I had to message my brother about the historical moment, and then he hit me back with "oh but that already happened", the fuckin' rear end in a top hat.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Hit is going full DIO in this episode with the length of time he can skip/stop.

And, if I'm keeping track of this correctly, Goku is now strong enough to endanger the universe with his aura, can move faster than light with Instant Transmission, and can now move faster than time!? :psyduck:

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Spiritus Nox posted:

I would have preferred he go Gold, but he's also GIANT now, which could be interesting on its own.

Color me glad he didn't go gold since I think Toriyama's insistence on color upgrades for the Siajans is kind of lazy and simply making Freeza gold is not just visually disinteresting but kind of a bad move since it makes him similar to the Siajans (who we already have enough of going gold) visually, which on a packed animation screen can be bad since it makes him hard to distinguish visually from other characters. It hasn't been a real problem yet thankfully (and is unlikely to be in Multiverse) , but the potential is there and combined with how uninteresting it is I wish Frieza had had another upgrade. Never mind Cold.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

tsob posted:

but kind of a bad move since it makes him similar to the Siajans (who we already have enough of going gold) visually

Wasn't that the whole reason he made his form Gold to begin with?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Well, now we finally know that The World won't work on Goku, I guess.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

OnimaruXLR posted:

Things being good and well animated would be the opposite of a dbz anime throwback

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Didn't Yu Yu Hakusho do the double aura?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Where's that one guy who said Super Kaioken wasn't a thing?

Suck it now hater. :colbert:

I like how this puts every discussion to rest why Goku never uses Kaioken when he's Super Sayian.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Shindragon posted:

Where's that one guy who said Super Kaioken wasn't a thing?

Suck it now hater. :colbert:

I like how this puts every discussion to rest why Goku never uses Kaioken when he's Super Sayian.

Why? What did Goku say? Does it hurt to much or put too much strain on him or what?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he thinks red and blue look better together than red and gold

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

VanSandman posted:

Why? What did Goku say? Does it hurt to much or put too much strain on him or what?

Pretty much. The Old Kais say that Super Sayian burns alot of energy and stamina. Kaioken ends up causing alot of strain and damage.

Putting both together would kill him.

SSBlue however he can stay in a calm state, and does not use as much, so hence why he can now use the Kaioken.

And then he proceeds to use Kaiokenx10 on Hit. Which is goddamn nuts.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Which confirms a long standing theory of mine

Goku could have totally killed Cell- it just would have killed him to do so.

Also, Goku, for the love of loving Christ, teach that to your friends!

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Shindragon posted:

Pretty much. The Old Kais say that Super Sayian burns alot of energy and stamina. Kaioken ends up causing alot of strain and damage.

Putting both together would kill him.

SSBlue however he can stay in a calm state, and does not use as much, so hence why he can now use the Kaioken.

And then he proceeds to use Kaiokenx10 on Hit. Which is goddamn nuts.

So is SSB rendering original Super Saiyan completely useless now?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

The Bee posted:

So is SSB rendering original Super Saiyan completely useless now?

Super Saiyan was obsolete literally decades ago

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

TheKingofSprings posted:

Super Saiyan was obsolete literally decades ago

They still use it all the time though?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

pik_d posted:

Super Saiyan 2

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

pik_d posted:

Because it's fun.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I want to see other races have God Ki. I can't believe they mixed Kyle Ken with Super Cyan and it sort of makes sense. God Bless You, Super writers.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TheKingofSprings posted:

Super Saiyan 2

I feel like they've only used base/SSJ/SSB in this tournament

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I was hype for Kaio-ken. Especially Vegeta's flashback to the best Kamehameha of all time.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

pik_d posted:

I feel like they've only used base/SSJ/SSB in this tournament
Yeah it was just SSJ1 they were using. Their unspoken strategy was to make their opponents think they had worse control over their ki than they actually had by relying on SSJ1, and then outpowering anyone particularly strong with SSB. Of course Hit having such crazy power and Time Leap threw that off.

It's a parallel to how the Golden Frieza fight went.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Shindragon posted:

Goku and Gohan stayed in Super Sayian form for days on end and learned to be calm and normal in it during the Cell Saga. How does that work if it burns lots of stamina and energy to use it and using kaoi-ken during it is impossible because of that penalty?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

tsob posted:

Goku and Gohan stayed in Super Sayian form for days on end and learned to be calm and normal in it during the Cell Saga. How does that work if it burns lots of stamina and energy to use it and using kaoi-ken during it is impossible because of that penalty?

Because they achieved a higher form of SSJ for the purposes of that tournament, so that whole deal doesn't count for anything else.

Also, Toriyama forgot.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Toriyama forgetting about Full-Powered Super Saiyan wouldn't surprise me, given there weren't variants for SS2 or SS3.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

tsob posted:

Hey, it's been twenty years, give Tori a break.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I assume 2 uses up even more energy and 3 uses up so much, and it took them a year just to master it for SSJ1

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Wasn't the "calm SSJ" thing during the Cell Saga more about controlling the rage/aggression that comes with SSJ rather than ki?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Dango Bango posted:

Wasn't the "calm SSJ" thing during the Cell Saga more about controlling the rage/aggression that comes with SSJ rather than ki?

It was about not wasting energy going from base to SSJ.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Dango Bango posted:

Nah, when Goku shows USSJ to Gohan he mentions that it puts too much strain on the body (also going super buff slows him down too much), reckons the base SSJ has the best balance and wants to stick with that to get used to the stress.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
The interesting part will be to see how Vegeta catches up to Goku again. They seem pretty consistent with him being able to keep pace at the moment, so I wonder what's going to happen.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

SS2 was supposed to be the perfect super sayian tho.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

That poo poo was hot fire. And I like the thought that maybe Goku hadn't taught anyone else kaio Jen was because it just took him so drat long to perfect it. Now I am really hooked to see where this goes from here

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

RBX posted:

SS2 was supposed to be the perfect super sayian tho.

Yeah and being a Super Saiyan was supposed to be legendary and the ultimate form of saiyan.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Vintimus Prime posted:

That poo poo was hot fire. And I like the thought that maybe Goku hadn't taught anyone else kaio Jen was because it just took him so drat long to perfect it. Now I am really hooked to see where this goes from here

Maybe Goku is just a terrible instructor and doesn't want to teach for fear he'll muck it up and teach people wrong? Is Gohan the only person he's ever trained in Super? I know Uub comes later down the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

goku trains with gohan for a while with co-mentor piccolo, and also with goten and trunks for like half an hour before passing it over to piccolo again

• Locked thread